Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #32
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
And - no - I would NOT want to be in Dover this weekend.
Must be race weekend up there. We get it Memorial day!!!!

Wal Mart at 3am for the best people watching!!

Can't wait to hear more.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2011, 10:32 PM   #33
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Oh I am SO in on this!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 05-15-2011, 06:30 AM   #34
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Right! It's also a state of mind and yours is just right! And for the record...she could be my daughter too.

Cynthia! So glad you made it here! I guess we can wait another day for the introduction!

For the most part I feel like I am in the right state of mind, but I have to say that the strep throat and cold really threw me the double whammy. I haven't felt 100% healthy since and every once in a while I still get that annoying, horrible cough at night. Nick keeps asking me, "Are you OK?" You know the one I'm talking about.

I actually would love to have Jen as my daughter (who wouldn't?), cause she is just the sweetest girl and she is so smart and accomplished. She would make any mother proud!

Quote:

Not really....you stuck to one nicely sized park bag...whit a few things clipped on. Including my mug so if anything put you into sherpa status it was schlepping my mug. A vast improvement I think (at least in looking at previous pictures(.

You're right - I did pretty well! I guess I am thinking about how I looked in the airport. Park bag, camera bag, and big Disney shopping bag filled with assorted items. Every time I would get up to go somewhere, people who give me the "Whose the sherpa?" look. And, you know, I spent way too much time in the airport waiting to go home. (But I'll save that for the end of the trip)

Quote:

I was very worried I wouldn't have a roomie for the first few days. so glad you managed to make it.

I am too! It was close! PHEW!

Quote:
on the first drink and Max is adorable!!!!!!!!!!

Denny looked at me like "what are you doing?" and when I said "first drink picture", he completely understood.

and Max is my bud. He sleeps with me almost every night. Not great for the hot flashes, but I love him all the same!

Quote:

YUCK!

Seriously - that was the first time I had seen the love bugs in action. Now I understand why people find them so disgusting.

Quote:
that is SO funny! I had no idea you did that. I would have been dissapointed, tis true. Way to work it!!!!
Oh yeah - I totally worked that angle. How could they say no to someone who was flying from across the country and checking in at 8am? The idea actually came to me while I was in line.

Quote:
I'm late I'm late for a very important date!

And...it will have to wait. Story of my life.

I'm Cynthia, the "west" in this story and promise to come back and do a proper introduction complete with pictures tomorrow. Given the Carol Brady nature of my life, weekends are a bit nuts around my house but the day of rest promises to be just that tomorrow and I hope to make it full of updates!

Carol Brady! You are a bit like Carol Brady. And I mean that in a good way - energetic, organized, compassionate. I'll have to think about what Brady character best suits me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hello Ladies!!!

I'm so excited to hear all about your trip. I love a good girls getaway story & hope to see some pictures of BCV... my dream resort too!
Amy! Thanks so much for joining in! I have lots of pictures of BCV to show you. And it has always been my dream resort, too. I have been trying to stay there for awhile. It really was wonderful and I, personally, think the customer service was better there than any place I have stayed so far. They just seemed to have a little extra bit of niceness. (Is that a word? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Must be race weekend up there. We get it Memorial day!!!!

Wal Mart at 3am for the best people watching!!

Poolrat. It is, indeed, race weekend. Surprisingly my friday afternoon traffic was not horrendous, so I think I got lucky.

My husband gets SO MAD at me when I start whispering "people of Walmart" comments to him. What can I say? Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Can't wait to hear more.
Stayed tuned. Lots more coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Oh I am SO in on this!
Disneyfreak. We are so happy to have you along for the ride. Looks like you have some great summer trips planned!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-15-2011, 07:18 AM   #35
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Christine and Tracy,

When are your October dates? Are you going to be there the same time?

Just wondering... (You know I am absolutely jonesing for a trip at this point.)
Old 05-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #36
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Christine and Tracy,

Well if you are jonesing, you've come to the right place. You know how effective we are at "enabling the habit!"

I'm there 10/13-22 and think Tracy and her niece are there 10/15-22

Come on down!!! Food & Wine and MNSSHP...

------------------

Just wanted to add my to "old" and new friends alike. Thanks for joining us. It really was a super fun trip that will hopefully be fun to read about!

Old 05-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #37
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Christine and Tracy,

OOOH OOOH can I help with the enabling!!! I'm going to be down there the 14th through the 19th of October!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 05-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #38
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Wow page 3 already!

We're back and you know I wouldn't miss your TR
Old 05-15-2011, 07:39 AM   #39
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I love enabling... Looks like mid-October would be a great time to go.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #40
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Well if you are jonesing, you've come to the right place. You know how effective we are at "enabling the habit!"

I'm there 10/13-22 and think Tracy and her niece are there 10/15-22

Come on down!!! Food & Wine and MNSSHP...

------------------

Just wanted to add my to "old" and new friends alike. Thanks for joining us. It really was a super fun trip that will hopefully be fun to read about!
Brooklynn and I are coming October 15th to 19th. Jen and Anita will be there, too, around that time. Maybe we could have a meet for everyone at a resort on the night of the 15th? Do you know your schedule? I think we will do Hollywood Studios (or possibly MK) on arrival day, Epcot, MK, AK, and then MK for our 1/2 day leaving day. We (our friend, Kay, is bringing her granddaughter, too) will let the little girls decide whether to spend more time at MK and drop Hollywood Studios altogether or go to Hollywood when we get in at lunchtime on Saturday.

Jackie, here you go messing with our minds again about a trip! Would this be you and Charles for a long weekend or all of you?
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:54 AM   #41
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Jackie, here you go messing with our minds again about a trip! Would this be you and Charles for a long weekend or all of you?
Not sure yet -- if we can even afford to go right now. I think Charles and I would like to sneak away just the two of us, but Connor might mutiny in a big way if we tried to do that. Are you going to stay at Pop?
Old 05-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #42
kschafer
DIS Veteran

OK MEK, feel free to ignore my comment on my PTR, I found you!

I figured this crew would have to spill the dirt...can't wait for it

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 05-15-2011, 07:57 AM   #43
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not sure yet -- if we can even afford to go right now. I think Charles and I would like to sneak away just the two of us, but Connor might mutiny in a big way if we tried to do that. Are you going to stay at Pop?
Yep. Room is booked. Plane tickets bought. Now we're just crossing our fingers for free dining.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:58 AM   #44
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yep. Room is booked. Plane tickets bought. Now we're just crossing our fingers for free dining.
Oh, I hadn't thought about Free Dining. That would really sweeten the deal...
Old 05-15-2011, 07:58 AM   #45
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Brooklynn and I are coming October 15th to 19th. Jen and Anita will be there, too, around that time. Maybe we could have a meet for everyone at a resort on the night of the 15th? Do you know your schedule? I think we will do Hollywood Studios (or possibly MK) on arrival day, Epcot, MK, AK, and then MK for our 1/2 day leaving day. We (our friend, Kay, is bringing her granddaughter, too) will let the little girls decide whether to spend more time at MK and drop Hollywood Studios altogether or go to Hollywood when we get in at lunchtime on Saturday.

I think we have some loose plans that include a later (8pm) dinner but nothing we couldn't move around. Sounds like fun!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: