Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #406
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

We saw this too, one night we were near it there were people going in, it looked like it was being used for a wedding.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 06-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #407
norybell
DIS Veteran

Took me a while to get around to it, but I finally sat down and read this whole thing. What a fun report! And what wonderful photos!

The last few updates sure have me jonesing for a WS stroll...
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #408
manntra
DIS Veteran

Melissa..live the fez hat picture!!
If anyone needs any advice on the margaritas just ask away...we became experts by the end of the week
Cute hat Jen!! Happy you finally found your ring I wore mine the other day pretending I was royalty.....or at the very least engaged

Tracy
Old 06-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #409
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Looks like you guys were having so much fun around the World Showplace (that is so weird...)! Great pictures, the Flower and Garden topiaries are so cute!

Love the pics with everyone and Pooh and Tigger! I never go back there to meet them, I always forget they are there!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 06-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #410
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
That's always a good spot to score on Pooh. Mary's quite often there too, so lots of interaction is always the norm.
That was an excellent spot. Really enjoyed it! I will be back, that's for sure.

Quote:
Awww, too bad y'all missed out on Kate's repro rings.
I know. Several us really wanted one. But we ended up finding them later outside of England and Tracy got one. I guess I didn't want one too bad because by the time we saw them, I lost interest.

Quote:
Garden Gal is too funny! Interesting they have added a "Streetmosphere" flavor to F&G.
I thought she was a hoot!!!! I want that job! I really do!

Quote:

Dancers galore!! Big eyeshadow, big backpacks; guess they're living life large.
Really large! Especially with those eyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
We saw this too, one night we were near it there were people going in, it looked like it was being used for a wedding.
I bet it makes a great venue for a wedding reception. I bet its really expensive to have a reception there. Hugely expensive, but probably so awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Took me a while to get around to it, but I finally sat down and read this whole thing. What a fun report! And what wonderful photos!
Well, if this is your first time here (sorry I am so forgetful) then I am so glad you are enjoying our TR and our photos. Definitely more stories to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post

The last few updates sure have me jonesing for a WS stroll...
I know it. I would love to be strolling around the world showcase right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Melissa..love the fez hat picture!!
If anyone needs any advice on the margaritas just ask away...we became experts by the end of the week

I love that pix, too! It's really great and I totally missed those hats.

to the margarita comment. I do know that you are definitely the expert! I am just a novice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Cute hat Jen!! Happy you finally found your ring I wore mine the other day pretending I was royalty.....or at the very least engaged

Tracy
I love Jen's hat and I do really love the ring. It's so unique!

to the engagement comment! That cracked me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Looks like you guys were having so much fun around the World Showplace (that is so weird...)! Great pictures, the Flower and Garden topiaries are so cute!
I'm telling you, those dancers probably think the world showcase and place are the same thing. Glad you are enjoying the topiaries. You should consider a spring time trip after you do your fall trip! (and that, my friend, is called enabling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Love the pics with everyone and Pooh and Tigger! I never go back there to meet them, I always forget they are there!
Well, please remember when you are there in October so you and Brandon can get lots of cute shots!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #411
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon09 View Post
I love this TR! It makes me soo much more excited for our trip in september! Where can I find a copy of the menu for all the 'ritas? They sound delicious!
Just google "La Cava del Tequila" and they actually have their own website, which is really unusual for Disney.

Quote:

When we emerged from the Cave we carefully considered our options. We were going to take a little boat ride with Donald, but the line looked long. So we vetoed that idea, vowing to come back later in the week? Did we? Well, I will be the first to admit that I did NOT. And I will admit that I am not exactly devastated over it.

I didn't make it back there (for that) either. While not devastated, I do like Donald so mildly sad probably applies. That line was crazy though, no way did I want to wait in that.

Quote:
Hey Look - I managed a picture of the ladies when they weren't looking. Check out Jen's really cute hat. She just bought it moments before.
I look like the wicked witch of the west...yikes!

Quote:
We stopped at another kiosk that had all these cute, expensive, difficult to transport, Disney themed garden items.
I was disappointed in the merchandise, really thought I'd end up with some cute little garden decoration and there just really wasn't as much, or the variety, that I was expecting.

Quote:
The World ShowPlace sign. WT..........???????
The funniest part of that whole thing is it's this HUGE exhibition hall and none of us even knew it existed.

Quote:

Towards the back of the store we hit character pay dirt. We walked right up. There was no one there.

Cynthia said our PP pictures just came in, so we don't have them yet to share. Hopefully they are better than these.

They are! I'll try to get them up tonight since at least I have them to share LOL

Old 06-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #412
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

They are! I'll try to get them up tonight since at least I have them to share LOL

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

On another note, I had no idea the Cave had its own website. Pretty cool!

BTW - I forgot to originally say this, but you in no way look like the Wicked Witch of the West.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 06-05-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #413
I Believe In Magic
Mouseketeer

Love the update!!! Jen where did you buy that hat? Cute cute!!! I need a hat that doesn't look ridiculous and I love that one.
Tigger and Pooh in England? How long has that been going on?!?!? lol I will stalk them when I go in a few weeks.
That blue drink looks so good, might need to get one of those too....

Disney should give all of you gals a finders fee for all the free advertisements they are getting from you. Think of all the things we will be getting from seeing them on this TR!!! lol

The first black and white cat picture is MY cat! Of course his name is OREO. How unique huh??

Old 06-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #414
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures of you guys with Pooh and Tigger! So sweet! I love it when you time it just right like that! And those dancers were everywhere when I was there at the same time last year! There were little swarms of them all over the place! But I found most of them to be very friendly and polite. Not like some of the other tour groups you see....
Old 06-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #415
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Believe In Magic View Post
Love the update!!! Jen where did you buy that hat? Cute cute!!! I need a hat that doesn't look ridiculous and I love that one.
I believe she bought it in the first kiosk we entered after leaving Mexico. It was definitely not in one of the regular stores. But if she reads this (she's in the world now), maybe she can see who makes it and you can google it.

Quote:
Tigger and Pooh in England? How long has that been going on?!?!? lol I will stalk them when I go in a few weeks.
Apparently for awhile, but since I'm not a character stalker I had no idea.

Quote:
That blue drink looks so good, might need to get one of those too....
Definitely stop in the Cave. You will NOT regret it. The ritas are amazing. I don't think there is a bad one.

Quote:
Disney should give all of you gals a finders fee for all the free advertisements they are getting from you. Think of all the things we will be getting from seeing them on this TR!!! lol
Why, yes, I think they should! Or at least a few FP!

Quote:

The first black and white cat picture is MY cat! Of course his name is OREO. How unique huh??
that's why I posted those pix. Everybody knows a cat that looks like that. Oreo - perfect name. I was just reading someone else's TR and they posted a pix of their Oreo!

Old 06-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #416
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
I love the pictures of you guys with Pooh and Tigger! So sweet! I love it when you time it just right like that! And those dancers were everywhere when I was there at the same time last year! There were little swarms of them all over the place! But I found most of them to be very friendly and polite. Not like some of the other tour groups you see....

We did have perfect timing! I was so happy, because overall we did not take a ton of PP pictures and I think that was our only character interaction. And I know my DH won't go near the characters in December, so that may be it for awhile!

Yes - the dancers I saw were very well behaved. As they should be since its the same as being on a sports team and they were representing their team and organization. Plus I think they perform at a very high level, so that makes them more poised and responsible.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #417
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I really like this photo MEK!

I am reading! It just took me a day or so to get to this update.

Here are the numbers I have:

UK Left booth (407) 827-9862
UK Middle booth (407) 827-9863
UK Right booth (407) 827-9861

Also,
Morocco (407) 827-9747
Germany (407) 827-9662

Enjoy!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #418
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I really like this photo MEK!

I am reading! It just took me a day or so to get to this update.
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Here are the numbers I have:

UK Left booth (407) 827-9862
UK Middle booth (407) 827-9863
UK Right booth (407) 827-9861

Also,
Morocco (407) 827-9747
Germany (407) 827-9662

Enjoy!
Thank you! Sure enough it was a case of number dyslexia. Now I can call all three. Seriously - I did not know there were phone booths in Morocco and Germany. I did see one in Canada. Thanks for the new numbers. Now I have 5 phony, phone calls right at my finger tips.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #419
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hey Look - I managed a picture of the ladies when they weren't looking. Check out Jen's really cute hat. She just bought it moments before.

Ok MEK! We may have to go back to that written consent for pictures idea! I'm making a beautiful face in this picture!! WOW!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #420
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Ok MEK! We may have to go back to that written consent for pictures idea! I'm making a beautiful face in this picture!! WOW!
Well, so far I have a double chin, Cynthia looks the Wicked Witch of the West, and you are making a funny face. I guess we really all are not very good at having our pictures taken. And I haven't even heard from C, so I hope she's not boycotting our TR since I posted two pics of her in the phone booth.

I actually think you look really cute in your cute baby blue, salt on the b@@b, T-shirt!

Honestly, I don't have too many more pictures of all of us. Most of them at the group shots at meals.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: