Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #346
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post

Wow, those beignets look wonderful! I might have to head over to POFQ and get some this trip.
they were SOOO yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh - BTW - after seeing my double chin in one too many pictures I am seriously considering a neck lift. Only I'm not kidding!
Oh I'm sure I've got some of those coming up of me. According to my sister it's all about the head tilt angle..only I've not figured out the "right" one to keep the waddle from happening yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Ooooh those look powdered sugar-tastic!!!

Isn't that possibly one of the best breakfasts in Disney? I simply love it. (Although now, it's competing against the Steak and Eggs at Grand Floridian Cafe as well...Disney really does do breakfasts right! )
Definitely my favorite breakfast there ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post

This TR is so much fun to read, albeit I get a little confused trying to remember who is who! It's just so cool to see how much fun you all are having! It reminds me of what they say on the podcast about the ABD trips - it's nice because you're traveling with people who share a common interest. I SO want to do one of those someday! Right after I win the lottery!
Hey, we had a hard time keeping track of it ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Kouzzina breakfast looks so amazingly good! I must say those benigets too! Brings be back to NOLA last summer!
You should try Kouzzina for breakfast sometime, SO good!

Quote:
It was very good. Great location and not overly crowded or rushed. And - yes - there WAS a lot of indulgence in this trip and it was all fun.
And just think, the "real" indulgences haven't even started yet.

Quote:
I am so glad you enjoyed the beignets. I was planning to run to POFQ that morning, so a side trip to get beignets was pretty darn easy. And the best - it made my run shorter since it was awkward to carry the beignets home while running. So I actually got to slow down and enjoy the walk.
glad to oblige

Quote:
I almost forgot about the GPS voice. That was too funny! Much better than my GPS, Ellie.

Your breakfast did look quite yummy. I should have ordered that, but I guess I wasn't feeling super adventurous yet. My diet had been pretty basic right up to the time we left for the trip since I had been sick.
Better safe than sorry for sure!

Quote:
I have to say that I am the main reason we switched the ressie to POR. The AP rate did make POR a better deal compared to the Swolphin (especially with all the fees they tack on). Plus we got ME with the POR room. Plus I have a thing for POR - A sentimental attachment to it. BUT, most importantly, I had a bunch of AAA rebate certificates that I used to pay for the room. I really needed to use them up as some were expiring. I tried to get my AAA agent to use them on the Swolphin, but that would have jacked the rate way up to the point that it made no sense.

But, I agree, I would like to try the Swolphin. Especially if I am booked at BCV or BWV in the future and I have a car.
I think it worked out great, especially for that first night I'm really glad we were there for the night.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:33 AM   #347
MEK
DIS Veteran

So Let's See.....Where Were We?

Well. It's Still Saturday April 30th and Jen, Cynthia, Melissa, and I have just enjoyed an awesome breakfast at Kouzzina (which I still can't remember how to spell) After breakfast we set off to find Christine in France, but she is missing. Our paths must not have crossed. We learn, later, that she is already in Mexico waiting for the Cave to open. Shocking, I know!

The rest of us lovely ladies are poking our way through Morocco. I really enjoyed this little reprieve. It was nice to have plenty of time to nose around and not feel rushed. And you know what that means in terms of pictures. Oh yeah - a few too many.

Watch out Morocco - Here We Come!

Look - It's the Segway Tour Jen and I took in September

If you plan to take this tour, I highly recommend taking the earliest tour of the morning. If you do, you will have the entire world showcase to yourself. Definitely worth getting up early.

I looked to see if I recognized any of the instructors, but I did not.

Oh Aladdin.

[

I don't really remember what all the ladies were chatting about while we visited Morocco, because I had just fallen into the "zone". The picture zone! And Morocco was one of the countries that I hadn't spent a lot of time exploring. Fortunately, the World showcase was not at all crowded, and we had all of Morocco to ourselves. Score!

I love these. I could never wear one, but I think they are very cool.

I love this little seating area. What a wonderful place to just sit and watch the world go by....

We took a quick detour through Restaurant Marrakesh to use the facilities.

Once we were back outside I could not resist a picture of Glenbo's favorite fountain.

And with that, our time in Morocco had come to an end.

Next stop....Japan. Who doesn't love a picture of the Torii

Continued.......

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 05-31-2011 at 05:22 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2011, 04:35 AM   #348
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued

I think we were all pretty impressed with the bonsai trees.

Next Stop was the Good Ol USA!

I'd still like to see a girl in the Fife and Drum Corp, but I know its not gonna happen.

We found a cute little garden with some more topiaries

Moving on to Italy we encountered the Lady and her tramp......

A Tangled Display

Next Stop - Germany

For some mouth watering treats

and Snow White

I was really fascinated by all the cool plants they had in this kiosk

Especially this one

Over near the outpost we found these familiar friends.......

We were all feeling the heat by the time we passed China

Our Next Stop was Mexico where we finally found Christine hanging out at a table enjoying some tasty guacamole and a rita.

I put my camera away during our visit to the Cave. I really wanted a rita, but decided not to temp fate just quite yet. I know C had the classic, but Melissa decided to go for the special effects and here's what she enjoyed.....

Sorry for the blur (phone pix). When Melissa leaned over to enjoy this little beauty, she emerged with a breast full of brightly colored salt, to which Jen responded...."Hey, you've got salt on your b@@b". That's when the quest for the perfect TR title began. And it didn't stop for the entire trip. We all really liked this title but decided it really wasn't family friendly enough.

So now there were 5 intrepid travelers. Tracy was still in the air somewhere over the United States.

Up Next......The World Showplace.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-31-2011, 04:46 AM   #349
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

LOL all of sudden I'm glad my computer setup is CLEAR ACROSS THE HOUSE from my sleeping husband LOL!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pictures of Morocco...where in the world is that sitting place and how did I miss it LOL! I would have totally sat down LOL!!!! You took shots of things I didn't even notice!!

BTW the bathroom in Marrakesh...very nice and the restaurant is very pretty!! The awesome CM let us look in the restaurant!!!!! Going to have to try and eat there some day!

Aww the Cave!! I think I enjoyed a nice cool glass of water (a recurring theme LOL) and C was nice enough to share her guacamole with me WHICH WAS AMAZING!! I might have to convince Anita and Marc to make a quick stop and share some with me!!!

Oh the quest of the perfect TR title what fun times will occur on this journey LOL!!!!!

Another FABULOUS update Mary Ellen!! You ROCK!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 05-31-2011, 06:29 AM   #350
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Alright, I'm not as far behind as I had originally feared!! Great update! That 'rita looks awesome!

I love your Morocco pics. I feel like that is a country I always go through too quickly - on our last trip we slowed down enough to buy a fez and explore the shops, but your pictures make me really want to meander through all of those little nooks and alleyways.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:56 AM   #351
emma212010
DIS Veteran

WOW! Great WS pictures!!! Very nicely done!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 05-31-2011, 07:12 AM   #352
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Great update, MEK! As always you got some amazing pictures. Somehow the colors seem so much more vibrant in the pics both you and Melissa take. Love them!!

I think Morocco is an easy pavilion to really lose yourself in as you wind around to the back. I've never noticed that sitting area!

It was fun to finally see you guys and meet Cynthia for the first time. That guacamole is good. I think I had it at least two more times that week.

I just love how easy to jump right into "real life" conversations with DISers. No awkward moments at all. Well, other than Melissa's salt issue.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:37 AM   #353
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post

I think Morocco is an easy pavilion to really lose yourself in as you wind around to the back.
I agree. It is so nice to just meander around in there!

Jen, hurry up and get yourself down there! I know Marc and Anita are ready for you to arrive. I'm wishing this half-day away for you, and then I'm hoping time slows down for your entire trip.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:57 AM   #354
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Wow, those are some great photos! I have never explored Morroco in the WS that much but must do this summer! It looks beautiful.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:20 AM   #355
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Great pictures around the World Showcase Mary Ellen! I especially like the lights in Morocco, and of course my favorite fountain.

That would've made a great title for the trip report, but I can understand why you didn't go with it.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #356
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

What a lovely stroll through WS! I love just meandering around there soaking it in and taking pictures. I can't wait to get to Morocco and look at all the sparkly jewellery and and get my henna tattoo! I might have to make my way over to the Cave too....
Old 05-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #357
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I agree. It is so nice to just meander around in there!

Jen, hurry up and get yourself down there! I know Marc and Anita are ready for you to arrive. I'm wishing this half-day away for you, and then I'm hoping time slows down for your entire trip.
Time is moving so slowly LOL!! Had a quick break between PD sessions, now heading to my last one! Then it's onward to the airport!! WOOOT WOOOT!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 05-31-2011, 10:16 AM   #358
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I do love Morocco- a lot!! I love losing myself back in there, and just drinking in the atmosphere~ and speaking of drinking...

You ladies are cracking me up!! That must have gotten a few snort laughs! Isn't the Cave a simply wonderful place to chill out? Gosh, I love it there!

Old 05-31-2011, 10:39 AM   #359
nilla
The sky is falling!

Great WS pics! I love it back there, especially on school trip days because none of the groups seem to go back that far. I guess the drinks don't make me love it any less, either.

The stuff in the caramel shop in Germany looks SO GOOD. I'm not much of a snacker, but that's more because I can't control myself and overeat at lunch and dinner. I loved watching the girl stirring the caramel, and so wanted to just dunk my head right into the bowl. Do you think they would've approved of that?

Great TR! It's the first I've actually kept up with, so you should feel honored
Old 05-31-2011, 11:27 AM   #360
manntra
DIS Veteran

Mmmmm I could go for a snack from The Ditch right now....Love the crab tostadas but C informed me that they may not be available anymore (can get them from San Angel I think.) Good thing I love guacamole....I think it is wise to have something to nibble on while having a few ritas .
I have a few preferred bathrooms in WS....I'll have to look more closely at Morocco
Beautiful Morocco pictures and I remember stopping by and looking at all of those plants....some quite bizarre, but neat to look at. I would end up killing them all anyways!!

Tracy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: