Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #136
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I seriously want a F&W 2012 Reunion!
that!)
Me too. It will just come down to vacation days and what I really have to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
If you stick with this TR you will most certainly be purchasing said Kool-aid. 4 out of 6 of us own right now and the other two are not far behind. We all own all over the place, too, which makes DVC so cool. Love it!
Yeah, not far behind. I've been THIS close a couple of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
That is dedication. Conversely, I'm not sure if Tracy or I could tell you where the ironing board was located in our room.
Nah, not dedication, desperation. Usually I'll just take them into the shower with me to steam stuff out but seemed to forget while I was actually in there so a quick iron was better. And I didn't iron THAT much. A couple tops, a couple dresses. Okay, maybe 3 of each.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am kind of curious what she means by an "interesting" contract.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Well, if no enabling is required...
Leaving was easier then you would think Not pitching my phone into any number of WDW water source was decidedly harder
Yes, I believe an intervention was discussed more than once, or at least just turning it off!

__________________

Last edited by eandesmom; 05-17-2011 at 11:19 AM.
eandesmom is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 11:09 AM   #137
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---
 
Ducky4Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,690

I'm here - I'm subbed - and I'm 10 pages behind!

D4D
Ducky4Disney is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #138
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran
 
TanzUnited99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,781

Hi everyone! I followed the link over from mickeysmyboy's TR! She wasn't kidding when she said this TR was worth following!

Love all the intros, prom and communion pics! Looking forward to reading more!
TanzUnited99 is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #139
manntra
DIS Veteran
 
manntra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,378

Christine, there was an iron in our room?
Yay Melissa you made it!! You have been nonstop busy since we got back!! Cute pictures of DS and the rest of the gang on his day

We may have not told Melissa about her phone ringing on one occasion when we were by the pool Alas it rang again...and her ring tone for her husband is hilarious!!! Oooh I forgot about the woman who spotted your sister in CT. Maybe the reader will find you here? You will definitely have to come over for a Beach Club Lemonade in October....maybe we will have a daily intermission at the pool with different flavors...raspberry lemonade, limeade, etc

Tracy
__________________
DVC Member 2007
Tracy Ziggy http://
manntra is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #140
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,380

Wow ladies! I have to make sure to get on the DIS every day (at least once) just to keep up with this busy thread!! I'm reading it all and pretending I'm there with you!!

I love all the pictures - resort, prom, communion...All are just wonderful. Thank you all for your great intros! I "knew" some of you already, but it's nice to meet the rest and be reminded again of everyone's story!

Is there an actual recipe for the beach club lemonade? I'm getting thirsty...too bad I'm at work!
Mndisneygirl is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #141
mickeysmyboy


DIS Veteran
 
mickeysmyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post
I'm here - I'm subbed - and I'm 10 pages behind!

D4D


Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Hi everyone! I followed the link over from mickeysmyboy's TR! She wasn't kidding when she said this TR was worth following!

Love all the intros, prom and communion pics! Looking forward to reading more!
It will definitely be a fun trip to follow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Christine, there was an iron in our room?
Yay Melissa you made it!! You have been nonstop busy since we got back!! Cute pictures of DS and the rest of the gang on his day

We may have not told Melissa about her phone ringing on one occasion when we were by the pool Alas it rang again...and her ring tone for her husband is hilarious!!! Oooh I forgot about the woman who spotted your sister in CT. Maybe the reader will find you here? You will definitely have to come over for a Beach Club Lemonade in October....maybe we will have a daily intermission at the pool with different flavors...raspberry lemonade, limeade, etc

Tracy
I'm pretty much always nonstop busy!! That's why I need these trips!

Ahh, the ring! We'll have to address that ring at some point! DH was a tiny bit offended by it! My mom, on the other hand, thought it was hilarious!

I reallllly hope my WL comes through for Oct! I actually had a dream about it last night! LOL!! Raspberry lemonade sound delicious!! I wonder, is there any kind of raspberry schnapps or liqueur? hmmm... I have part of a bottle of absolut citron in my liquor cabinet, I was going to a can of frozen lemonade today but it was raining too hard! I figure some citron, a can of lemonade, and maybe some Cointreau! Yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Wow ladies! I have to make sure to get on the DIS every day (at least once) just to keep up with this busy thread!! I'm reading it all and pretending I'm there with you!!

I love all the pictures - resort, prom, communion...All are just wonderful. Thank you all for your great intros! I "knew" some of you already, but it's nice to meet the rest and be reminded again of everyone's story!

Is there an actual recipe for the beach club lemonade? I'm getting thirsty...too bad I'm at work!
I've lurked on some of your reports!!! Thanks for joining!

I believe Cynthia has the recipe, although it was modified from it original form and it the modification made it FABULOUS!
__________________
Me, DH, DD10, DS9, DS4
mickeysmyboy is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #142
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
:
I reallllly hope my WL comes through for Oct! I actually had a dream about it last night! LOL!! Raspberry lemonade sound delicious!! I wonder, is there any kind of raspberry schnapps or liqueur? hmmm... I have part of a bottle of absolut citron in my liquor cabinet, I was going to a can of frozen lemonade today but it was raining too hard! I figure some citron, a can of lemonade, and maybe some Cointreau! Yummy!
You could just get frozen raspberry lemonade unless you have some chambord laying around. Chambord would be better than schnapps I think.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
:I believe Cynthia has the recipe, although it was modified from it original form and it the modification made it FABULOUS!
It's Jennifer's originally (Happydog)

1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 can of cream
1 can of vodka

ice and blend.

Now....it works best if you can do it in 2 half batches or use to blenders otherwise it easily overflows and it's hard to get enough ice in there. I of course did not do that at the BC as I didn't really have anthing to premix it in and then use half of it but at home it would be easy enough to split. When I made it at home I used 2 blenders.

We changed the vodka out for mango rum and it was delish! I've also had it with pink lemonade instead of regular. I think, honestly you could really do almost anything, just a can of liquor, a can of some kind of concentrate (POG with rum would be good for example) and cream.

YUM!!!
__________________
eandesmom is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #143
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
2xcited2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,349

I have to say I was a bit iffy about a cocktail with cream but it is SOOOO good. And very refreshing. And SO easy (not that I made any... I got to lounge in the pool and have my drink delivered... VERY cool! )
__________________
Christine

2xcited2sleep is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #144
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Well as much as I'm not a drinker, even I have to admit I'm bummed I didn't get to try the beach lemonade!!!! I think I'll have to see if one of the ladies will make me one in October!! I too hope my WL comes through for BWV or BCV LOL!!!!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #145
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,014

Do you have one of those battery operated blenders? Oh, for some Chambord, that would be quite delightful.
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #146
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
2xcited2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Do you have one of those battery operated blenders? Oh, for some Chambord, that would be quite delightful.
Nope. A regular size "plug-in" blender. Albeit a pretty cheap one from Target. And plastic... because as Mary Ellen said, safety first! I just knew we'd be bringing the whole pitcher down for refills!

Wonder what TSA thought of that when they scanned my suitcase?

Oh, just FYI, the wine store in France sells the most adorable little bottle of chamboard. So cute!
__________________
Christine

2xcited2sleep is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #147
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,144

"I'm late, I'm late for a very important date.
No time to say hello, goodbye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!!!!"

It's been such a crazy time since Spring Break, but I need to get caught up on this trip report!
__________________
wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #148
mickeysmyboy


DIS Veteran
 
mickeysmyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,690

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I have to say I was a bit iffy about a cocktail with cream but it is SOOOO good. And very refreshing. And SO easy (not that I made any... I got to lounge in the pool and have my drink delivered... VERY cool! )
I'll admit, I was a bit iffy on the cream too! But, it was soooo good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Well as much as I'm not a drinker, even I have to admit I'm bummed I didn't get to try the beach lemonade!!!! I think I'll have to see if one of the ladies will make me one in October!! I too hope my WL comes through for BWV or BCV LOL!!!!
Wouldn't it be great if we all ended up at BCV?! Woot woot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Do you have one of those battery operated blenders? Oh, for some Chambord, that would be quite delightful.
I was unaware that you could buy a battery operated blender!!!! with that we could take the whole darn thing to the pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Nope. A regular size "plug-in" blender. Albeit a pretty cheap one from Target. And plastic... because as Mary Ellen said, safety first! I just knew we'd be bringing the whole pitcher down for refills!

Wonder what TSA thought of that when they scanned my suitcase?

Oh, just FYI, the wine store in France sells the most adorable little bottle of chamboard. So cute!
TSA thought, they wanted to travel with you!!!! Remember I had a suitcase full of wine!!
__________________
Me, DH, DD10, DS9, DS4
mickeysmyboy is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #149
mickeysmyboy


DIS Veteran
 
mickeysmyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,690

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
"I'm late, I'm late for a very important date.
No time to say hello, goodbye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!!!!"

It's been such a crazy time since Spring Break, but I need to get caught up on this trip report!
__________________
Me, DH, DD10, DS9, DS4
mickeysmyboy is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 08:20 PM   #150
amyrella
Mouseketeer
 
amyrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dutchess county, NY
Posts: 333

Oh you ladies sound like a blast!! Can wait to read more!
__________________
[CENTER][SIZE="2"]
1985 - Poly, 1988 - offsite, 1995 - POR (Dixie Landings at the time), 1998 - ASMu, 2002 - POR, 2004 - POFQ, 2007 - ASSP, 2011 - POR
Me(32) DBF DD(7) :sully: DS(1) Lola[/
amyrella is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: