Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #31
stubby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly1225 View Post
Have a fun trip... I may run into in the parks!!!
Thanks so much! If you see a short white woman with a short Mexican guy with 3 little girls (oldest and youngest look Mexican middle looks like MOM)-see the pic of the girls as my avatar....do stop us to say hi. Always love to meet people!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #32
stubby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Hope you don't mind my putting in my two cents. I just wanted to reiterate what Bret said in response and that you should be able to do it if you keep walking through the Fireworks. I was able to do it once for sure (I think a second time I had gotten back to DL to ride BTMRR before the fireworks were over and then was walking towards POTC when Fantasmic started). Evenw ith the kids you should be able to make it, just keep a-moving!
Don't mind...I actually love the input...thanks. Glad to hear someone else that has done both in one night.
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2011, 04:12 PM   #33
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby View Post
I hope I can get the characters in and the breakfast eaten quick enough to get to ST quickly on Thursday. Kids may not let me.
We thought about leaving the park for food...but the kids didn't want to. They would like to just stay there day and night...lol.
As it worked out it took about 40 minutes to eat and we left at 8:02 which got us mixed in with the front of the general guests. ST since it was MM went from 45 minute wait to 75 minutes may it was 5 longer or shorter. We were in the FP line which took 10 minutes and had a return time of 10am.

The question is really about how fast the kids can eat when characters are coming up every few minutes and the forks are set down each time.

Just keep an eye on the clock and if you don't want to buy your group picture taken on entrance to the Plaza Inn, skip that and it will save a few minutes.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #34
stubby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
As it worked out it took about 40 minutes to eat and we left at 8:02 which got us mixed in with the front of the general guests. ST since it was MM went from 45 minute wait to 75 minutes may it was 5 longer or shorter. We were in the FP line which took 10 minutes and had a return time of 10am.

The question is really about how fast the kids can eat when characters are coming up every few minutes and the forks are set down each time.

Just keep an eye on the clock and if you don't want to buy your group picture taken on entrance to the Plaza Inn, skip that and it will save a few minutes.
Thanks so much. Will keep that in mind about the pic.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #35
stubby
Mouseketeer

Kinda sad

If we had left today as originally planned we would be on our way right now. BUt, as has been said...the crowds have been pretty crappy the last couple days and probably only gonna get worse.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:39 PM   #36
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
No kidding. The line for ST was crazy that day. When we got our FP on that Tuesday morning during MM, the standby wait time was already at 75 minutes. You were right Matt that we had to wait close to 10 minutes just to get a FP for ST. Luckily, we got a good returning time then a very late time.

mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #37
stubby
Mouseketeer

Thanks Bret. Gonna keep that in mind for our MMs. Was hoping to ride but NOT waiting that long and wasting my morning. Will just do the FP.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #38
stubby
Mouseketeer

Well, nothing has changed this week. We will be down to 3 weeks tomorrow. Hope it hurries up. I am getting behind in my classes instead of ahead. This last week has been hectic at work(4th of July guests) and hubby is home for 4 days and doesn't like me to be on the computer the whole time. SO instead of being way ahead I am working on a week and a half ahead. Maybe after Wed I will be able to get going again.

Going to go shopping this week for our clothes for the trip. I know I bought a few things already but still need to get the luggage and I want some new clothes. Still have to get the things to make shirts(I think I am gonna do this option.) Also need to buy ponchos and soda and water.
Ok off to work. Hope everyone has a great 4th.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:35 AM   #39
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby View Post
Thanks Bret. Gonna keep that in mind for our MMs. Was hoping to ride but NOT waiting that long and wasting my morning. Will just do the FP.
Your welcome. I would enjoy the most as you can during MM and don't worry about riding it since I bet the lines would be quite long during MM. If you get to the ST FP queue about 5 minutes before the park opens, you and your group will get your FPs before that crazy mob of people come over to TL and get their FPs.

I hope that everything goes well for you and your family as you get closer to your trip.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #40
stubby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Your welcome. I would enjoy the most as you can during MM and don't worry about riding it since I bet the lines would be quite long during MM. If you get to the ST FP queue about 5 minutes before the park opens, you and your group will get your FPs before that crazy mob of people come over to TL and get their FPs.

I hope that everything goes well for you and your family as you get closer to your trip.
Thanks so much. I am stressing that something will happen and we won't get to go. I guess I will finally stop when we are loading up the car to leave town that night.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #41
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

I bet you're super excited for you trip, it's coming up soon. I'm really hoping that by the time we go on our trip. ((In Nov)) the ST hype with die down a bit and we won't have to wait in line forever. I'm also hoping the crowds will be minimal.

Will keep on eye out for updates, and hope you'll share pictures with us later.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #42
stubby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
I bet you're super excited for you trip, it's coming up soon. I'm really hoping that by the time we go on our trip. ((In Nov)) the ST hype with die down a bit and we won't have to wait in line forever. I'm also hoping the crowds will be minimal.

Will keep on eye out for updates, and hope you'll share pictures with us later.
Thanks for following! I will definately post pics when I get back. Hoping to take tons.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #43
stubby
Mouseketeer

Well under the 3 week mark. I have been so wrapped up in homework since Monday that I can't even get on here to sneak a peak.

I am done with all but my final in MOS and have a few more quizzes and the final and essay in MEA. Hubby(taking the same classes) is done with MEA except for final and essay and has 3 more assignments in MOS and then his final project. Can't wait to be done.

We went shopping today. I bought myself an Eeyore shirt. It's cute. Still don't have all I need. Did manage to finally get luggage. Forgot to buy ponchos. Bought the girls some more Disney shirts(need to see how many they each have now).

Ok well, I am off to do some more school stuff. I sure hope to take a REAL break soon and read some TRs.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #44
stubby
Mouseketeer

Another brief update

So, we went shopping today. Bought a misting fan. And the rest of the girls clothes(minus one pair of pants for youngest dd-had them and somehow they didn't make it to checkout). So, now everything is packed(minus my clothes and hubbys). Come on 24th!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #45
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

You're almost there! You're almost there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: