Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
scndbaswmn
Mouseketeer

Custom Disney Family Vacation Shirts?

Saw a Disney World commercial and they all had on the same shirts for their Disney Family Vacation. We are going in September with my parents and my brother and his wife and kids and I thought that might be cute. Anyone have any suggestions on who to use and a design?

scndbaswmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #2
ekraxa
Mouseketeer

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Check out the Creative DISigns thread.

They have tons of great ideas!
ekraxa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

I was there the day the Rodriguez family was being filmed. They were that adorable in real life too. The kids (the little girl especially) looked like she was having a blast!

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
scndbaswmn
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekraxa View Post
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Check out the Creative DISigns thread.

They have tons of great ideas!
Awesome! Thanks!

scndbaswmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #5
FigNewton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scndbaswmn View Post
Saw a Disney World commercial and they all had on the same shirts for their Disney Family Vacation. We are going in September with my parents and my brother and his wife and kids and I thought that might be cute. Anyone have any suggestions on who to use and a design?
One word of caution. Make sure everyone is really on board with this idea. My Mother suggested it for the upcoming family trip and my wife and I had to make it very clear that we would not be wearing shirts to match the whole family.

Nothing wrong with it if everyone is into it, though!
FigNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #6
MommyTaraLee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigNewton View Post
One word of caution. Make sure everyone is really on board with this idea. My Mother suggested it for the upcoming family trip and my wife and I had to make it very clear that we would not be wearing shirts to match the whole family.

Nothing wrong with it if everyone is into it, though!
You could play along with that, too... DH was NOT going to wear a matching shirt, so my mom, dad, daughter and I wore tie-dye mickey head shirts, and DH wore a Grumpy shirt!

No trip scheduled for now... Hoping to convince DH that a Girls Trip to WDW is in order for DD's 10th Birthday and that Disneyland is a good way to celebrate my 40th birthday in 4 years!
MommyTaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #7
julesingeorgia
Earning My Ears

I get all my ideas from the creative DISigns board too, there are really a bunch of creative folks over there. I wouldn't dream of asking my husband to wear one, but that's ok, he only goes once in a while. I'm making shirts for me, my 13yo DS and his friend for our trip next week. I did ask them first because I thought they might be too old and way too cool for that now but they were really into it. I did a lot of searching to find the DISigns I liked and then tweaked them a little myself. Mostly did sports themes and pirates to try and keep it "cool" enough, I'm sure they would not have approved of Dumbo or Princesses! I also like to make mousekeeping envlopes for my tips. When I took my granddaughter I made a bunch of signs for her to hang in the window and she thought that was the bomb.
julesingeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
sassyredhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyTaraLee View Post
You could play along with that, too... DH was NOT going to wear a matching shirt, so my mom, dad, daughter and I wore tie-dye mickey head shirts, and DH wore a Grumpy shirt!
I love this!

May 2006 POR , May 2007 POFQ, March 2010 SSR, May 2011 CSR, RPH

Memorial Week 2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2738868
sassyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #9
dzorn
DIS Addict

We have several matching shirts. DH was not into them until we had to separate and he could not believe how much easier it was to spot us in the group.

Denise in MI
Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005

dzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #10
jacdolfin
Mouseketeer

We usually just wear the same color shirt for the day and that worked out really well. This year we are all wearing Purple shirts with Mickey in the middle and Flores Family Vacation on the back. have fun
jacdolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #11
summerskye
Ears Earned, What's Next

A couple of trips back, my DW & MIL thought it would be funny to get FLI's and me shirts. My shirt was - I'm Grumpy 'cause your Goofy. My FIL shirt was - I'm Goofy. I have to admit it was kinda funny.

summerskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #12
21hearts
I <3 Walt Disney World

I love it when I see people wearing matching t-shirts. It just looks so cute to me. My DH would never go for it through! I may make the kids matching t-shirts but theres no way I could talk my DH into it.

21hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #13
jm106
DIS Veteran

I got mine from the awesome ppl on creative boards. My kids are going to love them

tote bag(excuse the lines, ink was low)

jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #14
carolfrompa
Earning My Ears

We are big sports fans and we decided to represent a different hometown team each day. Since we already own most of the shirts, it won't be hard to match. I was just at a local sporting good store yesterday and they had Philadelphia Flyers tee shirts for $5.00/each (unfortunately because they're season came to an abrupt end...but good for our family, at least!!!) Oh, and the shirts are bright orange! So, not only will we match, but you'll be able to spot us a mile away
carolfrompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #15
momhmmx2
Life is a gift...Have Fun!

We purchased tie dye one on Etsy. We used the seller SwirlySensations. Marge the owner is very easy to work with. She made a custom order just for us. Boys had blue/green/yellow shirts Girls had pink/purple and red shirts with Mickey heads in the center design.

Here is a link to one of her designs:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/54859408...rt?ref=pr_shop

I emailed her via etsy to ask her questions before I purchased.

We have ordered from her twice now and each time the transaction went off perfectly!

Me,DH;dd16,ds13

Last edited by momhmmx2; 05-13-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: more info
momhmmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: