Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #31
Shanna-like-Banana
DIS Veteran

No, nothing ever stolen

But, while waiting for DH, DD and DS1 to come out of a ride I have seem several times a family start to load a baby into a stroller and then realize it's not theirs ! And then un-load, find their stroller and re-load

I have seen before one person load up a stroller, and have the correct owner come to get theirs and find somebody took it by mistake. I generally think this happens with strollers that look alike.

There was only 1 time I heard or saw and employee fuss at people about leaving things in the stroller. It was at Stiches Great Escape. She was announcing to everybody, make sure everything was actually IN the stroller. No bags hanging on the handles, etc. She said bags handing on the handles are considered unattended bags and would be collected. ( what-eva) Our diaper bag is the style that has the stoller handle hooks and was hooked on our handle. She made it a point to put it in the basket. But she has been the one and only time I've ever heard an attendant make any fuss.
Shanna-like-Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #32
Castillo Mom
DIS Veteran

Didn't get anything stolen from a stroller but someone took our refillable mugs out of my ECV basket.
8/8/09-8/21/09 SSR/AKV Kidani Village
9/24/11-10/5/11 AKV Kidani Village
6/14/12-6/20/12 Disney Dream Double Dip

7/19/12-7/22/12 Hilton Head

7/24/12-7/31/12
Beach Club Resort
Castillo Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #33
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony609 View Post
i remember reading on here that someone takes a diaper,a little bit of coke thrown in to soak it and ties it on the handlebar of the stoller to make it look like a blowout diaper!! I thought that was clever, gross BUT very clever.
That is so old. It's been around for years. If you have been to WDW, you will notice that there are garbage cans all over the place.

Sorry, but if I wanted a stroller that would be the one I would target. They must have something good if they are going to all that trouble.

Just make sure your stroller has your last name somewhere easy so another guest doesn't grab it by mistake. Don't leave anything in it that you would miss.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:38 AM   #34
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

My DD2's jacket was taken on our first trip a couple years ago. It was in our own personal stroller. Nothing else was taken. It was really, really, record-breaking cold that week, so maybe someone was desperate.

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:26 AM   #35
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

We never did but we only brought our very cheap stroller and it didn't even have a place to store stuff on it.

I witnessed a Dad stop someone from taking their stroller at the end of Nov. 2010. It was at Peter Pan's Flight. We were all standing in line and the mother noticed someone was looking over their stroller.
Then the people had their kids start to get in it so everyone in line moved out of the way after the Dad yelled at the people to leave his stroller alone and the Dad leaped over the railings to stop the people.

The people ran off so I guess they knew they were stealing and not just mistaking it for their stroller. The Dad stayed with the stroller instead of getting back in line.

I hope they didn't always have one person guarding the stroller after that and missing all the attractions but I wouldn't be surprised if they did that. They had a really nice, fancy stroller.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #36
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
That is so old. It's been around for years. If you have been to WDW, you will notice that there are garbage cans all over the place.

Sorry, but if I wanted a stroller that would be the one I would target. They must have something good if they are going to all that trouble.

Just make sure your stroller has your last name somewhere easy so another guest doesn't grab it by mistake. Don't leave anything in it that you would miss.
I thought it was amusing and thought I would share. I am not on here everyday like some people to know was is exactly old and not old.
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13,9/13,5/14

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:42 AM   #37
dairyqueenmom
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.

As you can see from my signature we go alot, and when the kids had strollers we never had anything stolen. I even had expensive double strollers.
1995 Disneymoon Dixie Landings, 1998 Off Site, 2000 Off Site, 2001 Disney Magic, 2004 CB, 2005 Disney Magic, 2006 ASMOV, 2007 ASMU, May 2008 AKV Our 1st trip Home, Sept. 2008 BWV Mommy and Daddy Get Away, Jan. 2009 AKV 40th Birthday Trip, Aug. 2009 Vero/AKV, Oct. 2009 Mom & Dad Annual Get Away BWV, August 2010 Summer Family Vacation AKV, August 2011 BCV/AKV Summer Family Vacation, December 2011 Solo Trip MVMCP, February 2012 Princess 1/2 Marathon Poly w/sister, July 2012 Summer Family Vacation Marriot Royal Palms & AKV, Feb. 2013 Princess 1/2 Marathon POR w/sister, July 2013 Summer Vacation AKV & Ft. Pierce Beach
DH Me DD16 DD14 DS10 DS10: Oberon
dairyqueenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #38
akl-fan
DIS Veteran

No we have never had anything stolen, but I nearly walked of with another ladies stroller and her child in the AKL concierge last year. I was fixing a few snacks when I turned round I saw what I thought was my daughters purple stroller. I went to push it away when I saw my husband coming from our room with my DD in her stroller. Luckly I hadn't actually touched the other stroller or I might have been in some trouble!! I spoke to the other mother and told her what I had nearly done and we had a laugh that we both had brought the exact same stroller from the UK!!!
akl-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #39
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

Eight trips with a stroller and <knock on wood> nothing stolen. Of course I don't leave my camera in it, but I have left ponchos, coats, etc...

I have a stroller story-we didn't lose things out of it, but gained things! I was alone with DD in December, last day in the park and taking it easy in MK. We parked her stroller at POTC and I kept telling DD "you need to go to the bathroom before we go in" (of couse she was saying "no I don't.") A few cast members in the stroller area were laughing when I told them everytime we go into POTC, DD has to go to the bathroom as soon as she sees the water. So we went to the bathroom, then on the ride and came out to get the stroller and it had pirate toys and a Mickey Pirate hat in it. I went to the CM and said someone accidentally put items from the gift shop in my stroller. Turns out... IT WAS A MAGICAL MOMENT! The CM's who were laughing along with us about POTC making you have to potty left some Pirate's Booty in DD's stroller!

DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #40
MamaLema
Mouseketeer
I must eat at least one avocado a day!
Tying up Sayid and leaving Sawyer to die doesn't score brownie points with me

No, but on our last Disney trip, at park close, we were folding up our stroller for the monorail and found a pair of boys England shorts and shirt stuffed in the corner of our stroller basket that didn't belong to our kids. Some little boy must have mistaken our stroller for his and we walked around with his clothes all day!

Sadly there is an English family out there missing clothes for their boy and must think they were stolen out of their stroller
MamaLema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:12 AM   #41
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kla View Post
I'm planning to bring a small cooler or bag of snacks with us to the parks, but, since I don't really want to be too loaded down, just planned on stowing it in our stroller. Our boys are big enough now to walk most of the time, so I thought we could use the stroller as more of a pack mule and just park it with our stuff for extended periods of the day. Though I wouldn't leave anything very valuable in the stroller, it would be a total bummer if anything got stolen. We've always had very good luck in the past, and have even left backpacks and shopping bags in them for short times, but I just wonder if anyone has ever had anything stolen out of their strollers while at Disney World. Stories?
No...but I take.....creative....measures to keep people away.

I take a Clear plastic shopping bag, a diaper/pull up, put a little bit of cola/root beer and an (unwrapped) candy bar in the bag, and tie it to our stroller.

Nobody ever seems to touch it. Even the CM's don't seem to relocate it very often.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:16 AM   #42
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony609 View Post
i remember reading on here that someone takes a diaper,a little bit of coke thrown in to soak it and ties it on the handlebar of the stoller to make it look like a blowout diaper!! I thought that was clever, gross BUT very clever.
We do that.

I'm sure we're not the only ones...and typically I use cola or root beer (but coffee would probably work, too).

No one seems to touch our stroller. Now, it's also not loaded down with a thousand dollars of consumer electronics (phone's, ipods, etc). But it will frequently have a bag or two of "stuff" (t-shirts or tchochkeys or whatever souvenir we might have aquired that day), water bottles, and assorted other gear in and around it.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #43
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post

Maybe....but it's risk/reward.

Do you really want to risk that it's NOT a phony just to see if there might be good stuff?

Or would your rather "hit" one of the other several hundred strollers that might NOT have a "bomb" attached to it?

We don't necessarily have "good stuff" attached to our stroller. But it's like a car alarm. You COULD bypass it, or ignore it...but it's easier just to skip the car that has it.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #44
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

One trip our (then) 7 yr. old nephew had someone take his partly filled out WDW autograph book out of their WDW stroller that even had his name and address filled out. We've had a few bottles of water taken but never leave anything of value in the stroller. We also had our WDW stroller taken (we had marked the stroller handle with a few items to distinguish it from others) towards the end of the night. Real fun to walk from one end of the park to the front while carrying a sleeping toddler.

We bought a bright yellow umbrella stroller when our kids were of that age so that more than likely nobody would be able to mistake it for theirs since I rarely ever saw one that color. I only left a few snacks and napkins in the stroller bag. We took a backpack for things like change of clothes, camera, parkas, etc. and that would go on rides with us.

It always amazes me what I see left in strollers. My train of thought is that if I wouldn't leave it in a stroller in my local mall I wouldn't leave it in a stroller at WDW. Walking through the WDW gates doesn't make a thief suddenly grow a conscious.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #45
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post

No one seems to touch our stroller.
MOST strollers in Disney are fine. Even with some stuff in the basket. The problem is that when your stuff is taken, it doesn't help to know that most every else's stuff was untouched.

FWIW........... I think the strollers themselves are more valuable than the stuff in them. Someone should see if the Craig's list stroller section in Orlando is busier than most metro areas. I bet it is.

And the dirty diaper trick has been around for a long time. I doubt it stops anyone.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bags, stroller unattended, theft

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: