Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #61
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Angry 3D Movies.

Yes yes...3D is cool and neat and all that...but why does every Beverly movie coming out have to be in Peanut Butterin' 3 Beverly D.

I figure 3D stands for 3 Dollar$...as that is the typical upcharge to see a feature in 3D. But seriously...after about the first few scences of a movie...I usually get so "into" the story that the 3D doesn't matter...don't even realize it is 3D...sometime wonder if they just start showing 2D...and throw in a 3D scene every once in a while for a surprise.

Thankfully my local theaters have started carring both a 2D and 3D versions...I vote for the 2D...as it saves $12 for a family of 4.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #62
Turkey Lurkey
DDC 551
Geeks can help people too
For some reason, I have been banished from the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Yes yes...3D is cool and neat and all that...but why does every Beverly movie coming out have to be in Peanut Butterin' 3 Beverly D.

I figure 3D stands for 3 Dollar$...as that is the typical upcharge to see a feature in 3D. But seriously...after about the first few scences of a movie...I usually get so "into" the story that the 3D doesn't matter...don't even realize it is 3D...sometime wonder if they just start showing 2D...and throw in a 3D scene every once in a while for a surprise.

Thankfully my local theaters have started carring both a 2D and 3D versions...I vote for the 2D...as it saves $12 for a family of 4.
We're lucky that one of or local theaters is a just after 1st run, not quite 2nd run theater that absolutely refuses to show 3d movies. We don't pay more than $4 a ticket.

Of course, he only has two screens, so the movies come and go pretty fast.

TL
DIS Dad's Member #551
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
A Very Turkey Trip Report: 1/22/11 - 1/29/11 - Updated, but never complete!
Turkey Lurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #63
5stljayhawks
Rock Chawk Jayhawk

How come I can't get the PD to take radar, but they will write me parking tickets?

since 2003 I have been calling the local PD to get them to take radar on our street. Morning Rush evening rush. Now somebody is calling them on me for double parking in a single drive - parking the sidewalk. last night I got my second ticket. I call and asked them if they had time to write non moving parking tickets an since they were already in the street - Why not stay and take radar??????? Speed limit is 25 - travel is anywhere from 30-50 with a few 60 and 70mph (normally real late at night)

I explained to the dispatcher I was not mad at her but frustrated at the PD. My name and number was not taken.

About 15 minutes later I got a call from a public citizen ofc. We went back and forth and that he had never heard of any issues. I said talk with the chief of PD, the mayor and our local rep. Who I have ALL talked with multiple times.

It chapps my hide, all i have been asking is 1 morning or evening a month take radar. they need to provide a reminder. Hell I even said put in speed bumps, but that would "hurt the fire trucks" Really???

Thanks for rant space!! BTW when I finished up talking with the call back, I offered free coffee water and soda, as well a restroom fac to any officer taking radar on my street!
2/07 - CSR Valentines with the Wife
10/08 – FW Halloween D 5, S 2.99yrs, D 9 mths
2/10 – CSR (Wife works and I Fish/Golf) 12/10 – FW Christmas D7.83,S5,D2.99.
10/12 - Halloween/MMNSSP Art of Anim & Poly DD9.51,DS6.96,DD4.79
3/14 Wife & Daughter work@ CSR 6/14 Family @ FW DD11,DS8.23DD6.45
Next trip - Unknown (:-( Hopefully soon, got the bug..!
[/SIZE]
5stljayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #64
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stljayhawks View Post
since 2003 I have been calling the local PD to get them to take radar on our street. Morning Rush evening rush. Now somebody is calling them on me for double parking in a single drive - parking the sidewalk. last night I got my second ticket. I call and asked them if they had time to write non moving parking tickets an since they were already in the street - Why not stay and take radar??????? Speed limit is 25 - travel is anywhere from 30-50 with a few 60 and 70mph (normally real late at night)

I explained to the dispatcher I was not mad at her but frustrated at the PD. My name and number was not taken.

About 15 minutes later I got a call from a public citizen ofc. We went back and forth and that he had never heard of any issues. I said talk with the chief of PD, the mayor and our local rep. Who I have ALL talked with multiple times.

It chapps my hide, all i have been asking is 1 morning or evening a month take radar. they need to provide a reminder. Hell I even said put in speed bumps, but that would "hurt the fire trucks" Really???

Thanks for rant space!! BTW when I finished up talking with the call back, I offered free coffee water and soda, as well a restroom fac to any officer taking radar on my street!
Good for you for speaking up. I hope they come through for you. By the way great avatar pic

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 11/1/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #65
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Unfortunately, as with all good humor, there is a bit of reality in this. http://news.yahoo.com/comics/jerry-holbert I'm all for an education but I have encouraged my kids to learn a skill first that they can survive on before they invest in higher education.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
wasnotafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #66
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Unfortunately, as with all good humor, there is a bit of reality in this. http://news.yahoo.com/comics/jerry-holbert I'm all for an education but I have encouraged my kids to learn a skill first that they can survive on before they invest in higher education.
Steeling this for FB. If you're going to major in something silly like Theology (like I did), make sure that you have a plan for a real career (like Pre-Med, also like I did)
Chris DisDad#403
Me DW DS(15) DS(14) DD(12)

As Kid: 1978 & 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel -
Dec 2008 GF/Poly - Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF -
June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT - Feb 2012 AKL -
Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Mar 2015 GF VC
DisDadDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #67
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:

I agree. 3D is generally not worth the extra $$ they charge for it. I wear glasses all the time anyway, and it's a pain to try and put the 3D glasses over my regular ones. Usually just gives me a headache. And I really don't think it adds much to the movie.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #68
TigerTown
runDisney addict!

Time for me to rant!

I just got off the phone with the collision shop and our minivan is not going to be ready for another week.

The weekend before last I was sitting at a traffic light minding my own business when out of no where I get rear ended by a drunk driver. This idiot is stone drunk at 10 AM on a Saturday morning. He hit me and three other people while totaling his car. Now, because I didn't have a "special rider" on my insurance, I have to pay close to $700 for a rental car. This really stinks!

W&D Half 2012
Dumbo Double Dare 2013, Jingle Jungle 5K 2013, W&D Half 2013
WDW Marathon 2014, Disneyland Half 2014, Avengers Super Heroes Half 2014
Dopey Challenge 2015

Last edited by TigerTown; 05-25-2011 at 05:30 PM.
TigerTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #69
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTown View Post
I just got off the phone with the collision shop and our minivan is not going to be ready for another week.

The weekend before last I was sitting at a traffic light minding my own business when out of know where I get rear ended by a drunk driver. This idiot is stone drunk at 10 AM on a Saturday morning. He hit me and three other people while totaling his car. Now, because I didn't have a "special rider" on my insurance, I have to pay close to $700 for a rental car. This really stinks!
I would think Drunk Guy's Insurance should pay...or if he did not have ins...Uninsured Motorist coverage should pick up....but I'm not an expert...

I've only had one accident with a very big dog running in front of me on an Interstate @ 65mph.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #70
TigerTown
runDisney addict!

Quote:
I would think Drunk Guy's Insurance should pay...or if he did not have ins...Uninsured Motorist coverage should pick up....but I'm not an expert...

I've only had one accident with a very big dog running in front of me on an Interstate @ 65mph.

Mr. Drunk guy didn't have insurance. I have looked into the uninsured motorist coverage but in Michigan it looks like it only covers injury not damage

W&D Half 2012
Dumbo Double Dare 2013, Jingle Jungle 5K 2013, W&D Half 2013
WDW Marathon 2014, Disneyland Half 2014, Avengers Super Heroes Half 2014
Dopey Challenge 2015
TigerTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #71
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mr. Drunk guy didn't have insurance. I have looked into the uninsured motorist coverage but in Michigan it looks like it only covers injury not damage
in pa, if your drunk and the accident is your fault, your insurance is void.
dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #72
Mrmrezg
Mouseketeer

So, last night I was parking may Harley in my enclosed trailer, because I was leaving for work this morning. My ramp (one of the two that I use) flipped over when I put my foot down. My ankle twisted and the bike landed on my knee. I now have soft tissue injuries in my knee and ankle.

I am not too worried about my leg, it will heal. I am more concerned about my bike, I've got a little work to do on her.
Greg DisDad #577
2007 POP (First Family Trip),
2010 PoR,
2011 AKL
2012 SSR
Mrmrezg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:59 AM   #73
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmrezg View Post
So, last night I was parking may Harley in my enclosed trailer, because I was leaving for work this morning. My ramp (one of the two that I use) flipped over when I put my foot down. My ankle twisted and the bike landed on my knee. I now have soft tissue injuries in my knee and ankle.

I am not too worried about my leg, it will heal. I am more concerned about my bike, I've got a little work to do on her.
Ouch!! Not cool. Hope the bike (and you) heal quick
Chris DisDad#403
Me DW DS(15) DS(14) DD(12)

As Kid: 1978 & 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel -
Dec 2008 GF/Poly - Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF -
June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT - Feb 2012 AKL -
Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Mar 2015 GF VC
DisDadDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #74
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stljayhawks View Post

Rant Rating 6/10....would've scored higher with more use of Beverly

In all seriousness, when I was a traffic unit, I took speeding in neighborhoods very seriously (lots of children around)....one time I busted the person who was doing the most complaining---she was running 48 mph in her 25 mph zone And had the nerve to cuss me out Slowed her down though as I continued to run radar in her neighborhood and never got her again!!

Double parking??? What the Beverly I had a couple of complaints---usually rode by and looked, MAYBE talked to owner, never, ever ever, EVER wrote a ticket for it.

Quote:

The weekend before last I was sitting at a traffic light minding my own business when out of no where I get rear ended by a drunk driver. This idiot is stone drunk at 10 AM on a Saturday morning. He hit me and three other people while totaling his car. Now, because I didn't have a "special rider" on my insurance, I have to pay close to $700 for a rental car. This really stinks!
His insurance should have to pay---that is, **if** idiot had insurance, and depending on applicable state laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmrezg View Post

4/10....nice understated tone, little rage or implied naughty words

That does suck...I got pushed off center while loading my boat once (thanks to the cabin cruiser who ignored the no wake zone)---luckily did little damage...

I'm sure I will be posting a boat ramp rant on Tuesday...standby

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
DisneyFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #75
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Rating Rants!!!

Who the Beverly do you think you are rating how Peanut Buttered off someone is?!?!?!

Son of a Beverly. You can Drusella Kiss my Peanut Butter!!!

(Gee I hope that gets at least an 8.)

Tags
beverly, not a thumb, peanut butter, rant

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: