Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #46
amyrella
Mouseketeer
 
amyrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dutchess county, NY
Posts: 333

Yay thanks for the update!! you guys are just too cute!
__________________
[CENTER][SIZE="2"]
1985 - Poly, 1988 - offsite, 1995 - POR (Dixie Landings at the time), 1998 - ASMu, 2002 - POR, 2004 - POFQ, 2007 - ASSP, 2011 - POR
Me(32) DBF DD(7) :sully: DS(1) Lola[/
amyrella is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #47
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,655

Glad they got that plane situation figured out! That would have freaked me out!

Oooh, those sandal boots are frightening! (Sorry to anyone on here, if anyone has them! )

Your room looks so pretty! I'm not a big view person either, I like having a balcony to sit out on, but the view just doesn't matter! (However, I'm not opposed to a free upgrade of a great view! )

Those mugs are so cute...I never buy them, but I might in October, they're just too cute to pass up!

LOL at the guy who was excited about rum! Isn't Disney World SO weird about carding? I get carded all the time in CT, and hardly ever in Disney, except when I least expect it!
__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #48
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

I like the mugs. I was a bit unsure of the new ones. We plan to buy some in December...but the new ones are so bright. These look better!

Your room looks awesome (view and all).

Love bugs eh? Hmmmm wonder if they are still down there.
annmarieda is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #49
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip
 
Stefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,497

Great update

Love the "Ctrl-Alt-Del" reference from the flight attendance

Those shoes, not to sound snarky or whatever, but the whole getup is not a good look for that woman, sorry

Loving all your photos, its a shame about your view but it sounds like it didn't bother you much and the rest of the room looked lovely.

That stew in a bread bowl looks delicious, did it taste as good as it looked?
Stefy is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 08:59 AM   #50
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran
 
amandaluvsgoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,004

Great update!

And those sandal-boots, seriously?! I have never seen those, but they're hilarious!!

So glad your room was clean when you got there! Now I'm anxious for our "value view" room when we go in August to AKL. Hmmmmm...maybe a view of the parking lot or the storage area!

Mara looks sooooo yummy! May have to try that one!

And was the rum pretty expensive? I plan on buying some when we get there, too. Gotta love having some cheap beverages while at Disney!!

Can't wait to read more!
__________________
Amanda ~ me (34), Johnny (DH) (39), Emma (4) and Baby Blake (1)
Koda (9) , Misha (3) , Romeo (8/1998 - 1/2013)(RIP )

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
amandaluvsgoofy is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #51
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran
 
tankgirl427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 1,220

I can't believe I missed two updates!

Before even noticing Ben on the fake monorail I was already noticed sandal boot girl, not so much for her footwear but what is up with that outfit? Its almost as bad as the lady I saw while waiting for our flight in September. Now if I could only figure out how to post that picture from my phone!

Can't wait to hear more!
__________________

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause I’ve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers






Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
tankgirl427 is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #52
emma212010
DIS Veteran
 
emma212010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 1,194 miles from the Magic Kingdom
Posts: 1,168

Great updates!!

You're room seems so nice! I'd love to stay there one of these times..

Sounds like you already have funny stories and it's your first day there!! Love those types of trips!

Looking forward to more!!
__________________
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR


Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #53
Shannon84
DIS Veteran
 
Shannon84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Richmond, VA (from western MA originally)
Posts: 1,988

I am catching up on all the awesome updates that I have been slacking on

First I have to tell you that I feel the same way as your comment back to me about boarding the plane. I really hate when I board towards the last of the people and I cannot get my carry on in the overhead area..I always feel like a goof and that everyones staring at me

Your room looks beautiful and yay for being so close to everything. I have not stayed at any resort beyond POP in the last 3 or 4 trips, so I forget how big or small the layout of other resorts can be

I give you a ton of credit for working out during your vacation
Shannon84 is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #54
TeresaG
Mouseketeer
 
TeresaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 310

Jumping on board! I love the pilots commentary about the broken thing on the plane. That would've cracked me up (although I'm sure I would've been hyperventilating since I hate flying so hearing anything is broke would do me in. :


And I'm sorry, but the picture of your "view" had me lol.
TeresaG is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #55
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Glad they got that plane situation figured out! That would have freaked me out!

Oooh, those sandal boots are frightening! (Sorry to anyone on here, if anyone has them! )

Your room looks so pretty! I'm not a big view person either, I like having a balcony to sit out on, but the view just doesn't matter! (However, I'm not opposed to a free upgrade of a great view! )

Those mugs are so cute...I never buy them, but I might in October, they're just too cute to pass up!

LOL at the guy who was excited about rum! Isn't Disney World SO weird about carding? I get carded all the time in CT, and hardly ever in Disney, except when I least expect it!
Free view upgrades are great!

Last year, we got carded all the timee at Universal, but only once at Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrella View Post
Yay thanks for the update!! you guys are just too cute!
Awww, thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I like the mugs. I was a bit unsure of the new ones. We plan to buy some in December...but the new ones are so bright. These look better!

Your room looks awesome (view and all).

Love bugs eh? Hmmmm wonder if they are still down there.
It's true, the other colors were very bright!

Lovebugs seemed to ease up towards the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Great update

Love the "Ctrl-Alt-Del" reference from the flight attendance

Those shoes, not to sound snarky or whatever, but the whole getup is not a good look for that woman, sorry

Loving all your photos, its a shame about your view but it sounds like it didn't bother you much and the rest of the room looked lovely.

That stew in a bread bowl looks delicious, did it taste as good as it looked?
The room was very nice!

Stew was yummy! We both really enjoyed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
Great update!

And those sandal-boots, seriously?! I have never seen those, but they're hilarious!!

So glad your room was clean when you got there! Now I'm anxious for our "value view" room when we go in August to AKL. Hmmmmm...maybe a view of the parking lot or the storage area!

Mara looks sooooo yummy! May have to try that one!

And was the rum pretty expensive? I plan on buying some when we get there, too. Gotta love having some cheap beverages while at Disney!!

Can't wait to read more!
I am relieved to know sandal-boots are not a new trnd!
The bottle of rum was $13. Not a big bottle. But when cocktails cost $10, still a good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl427 View Post
I can't believe I missed two updates!

Before even noticing Ben on the fake monorail I was already noticed sandal boot girl, not so much for her footwear but what is up with that outfit? Its almost as bad as the lady I saw while waiting for our flight in September. Now if I could only figure out how to post that picture from my phone!

Can't wait to hear more!
That poor lady- but she gave us some good laughs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Great updates!!

You're room seems so nice! I'd love to stay there one of these times..

Sounds like you already have funny stories and it's your first day there!! Love those types of trips!

Looking forward to more!!
It was nice!
Weird things happen wherever we go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I am catching up on all the awesome updates that I have been slacking on

First I have to tell you that I feel the same way as your comment back to me about boarding the plane. I really hate when I board towards the last of the people and I cannot get my carry on in the overhead area..I always feel like a goof and that everyones staring at me

Your room looks beautiful and yay for being so close to everything. I have not stayed at any resort beyond POP in the last 3 or 4 trips, so I forget how big or small the layout of other resorts can be

I give you a ton of credit for working out during your vacation
Thanks for the credit, but it was just once and I still haven't got back on track...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
Jumping on board! I love the pilots commentary about the broken thing on the plane. That would've cracked me up (although I'm sure I would've been hyperventilating since I hate flying so hearing anything is broke would do me in. :


And I'm sorry, but the picture of your "view" had me lol.
The flight announcement was funny- especially since it all turned out ok!

I totally laughed when I saw the view- how could yoou not?
Joyciemc is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #56
JMat
Mouseketeer
 
JMat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 294

I didnt know you had to walk out the front of AKL to use the pool either - thats kind of silly. Of course, I understand why... but had never thought of it until you mentioned that. Im sure people look like Animals themselves walking by new guests covered in sweat and oil and chlorine, squinting coming inside from the sun.

.. at least I would look like an animal

Thanks for the fun update! Glad Ben could hydrate Mr. Chair Zebra
__________________
PTR: Magically Addicted to Pixie Dust Celebrating our first year of 'Happily Ever After'
TR: A Dream is a Wish my Visa Makes The Anniversary Report!
JMat is offline  
Old 05-20-2011, 10:34 AM   #57
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??
 
AKL LOVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 979

Great pictures! After reading your TR I realize that maybe I didn't take as many pictures as I should for ours!

I love the zebra chairs at AKL. Only Disney would think to do something like that. One of those weird things that really makes you love Disney.

Oh Lord help us if sandal-boots are the newest trend! I do not like them. One bit. Period. They look ridiculous IMO. Glad you snagged a pic of them, though, because they are too funny!

We wanted to make it over to Kidani to try out their pool this trip but yet again didn't get the chance. When you're staying at Jambo house it makes more sense to go to the pool that's closest to you. Guess this just means that I need to book a room at Kidani in the future to try their pool out! Maybe I should look into making Kidani our home resort for DVC.
AKL LOVER is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 12:14 AM   #58
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMat View Post
I didnt know you had to walk out the front of AKL to use the pool either - thats kind of silly. Of course, I understand why... but had never thought of it until you mentioned that. Im sure people look like Animals themselves walking by new guests covered in sweat and oil and chlorine, squinting coming inside from the sun.

.. at least I would look like an animal

Thanks for the fun update! Glad Ben could hydrate Mr. Chair Zebra
Ben is always looking out for the animals- he couldn't let that zebra go thirsty.

It was just a little weird when we came back from the pool and snuck by all the fully clothed guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
Great pictures! After reading your TR I realize that maybe I didn't take as many pictures as I should for ours!

I love the zebra chairs at AKL. Only Disney would think to do something like that. One of those weird things that really makes you love Disney.

Oh Lord help us if sandal-boots are the newest trend! I do not like them. One bit. Period. They look ridiculous IMO. Glad you snagged a pic of them, though, because they are too funny!

We wanted to make it over to Kidani to try out their pool this trip but yet again didn't get the chance. When you're staying at Jambo house it makes more sense to go to the pool that's closest to you. Guess this just means that I need to book a room at Kidani in the future to try their pool out! Maybe I should look into making Kidani our home resort for DVC.
Yay for DVC! Ben could explain it better, but Kidani may not be the best choice for home resort because of the dues. But certainly a great place to stay!

I am on the hunt for a great pair of sandal-boots. I'll let you know if I find any
Joyciemc is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #59
sbprincess
Mouseketeer
 
sbprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 421

Hi! Just wanted to say I'm subscribing and will follow along. I like your style of writing. I like reports with a good bit of detail without it being boring. You have a good balance! Very entertaining.

I'm impressed you decided to get in a workout at all! I know you said this was the only day, but still... I workout several times per week at home but have NEVER even considered it on vacation. Props to you!

Also, I have to say something about the "sandal-boot" picture you posted earlier. I was looking at the picture first and hadn't read your comment about the pic really being about the shoes. But one of the first things I noticed were those shoes. I was thinking, "OMG - what are those!?!" and then I read your comment! Too funny. And I'm with you, I certainly hope they're not a new style. You'll never catch those hideous things on my feet.

Can't wait for more!
__________________
dh, 31 and me, 30

1984 - 2002 Many visits with family (off site) * May 2005 Girls' Trip - POP Century * March 2008 Honeymoon - All Star Movies * May 2010 - Contemporary Resort (Trip Report) * December 2010 - POP Century * October 2011 - Contemporary Resort & Universal Studios (WWOHP!) * November 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Dining Report) * March 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort * May 2014 - Boardwalk Inn & Contemporary Theme Park View * July 2014 - Grand Floridian Girls Trip!!!!**
sbprincess is offline  
Old 05-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #60
Melissa79
Mouseketeer
 
Melissa79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Shore, Massachusetts
Posts: 90

Once the plane was up and running you guys had a great start to your trip! Your room looks nice and the view cracked me up. We stayed at AKL Jambo for a long weekend once and our view wasn't of a hut but the balcony was really small and the door wasn't a slider, it pushed open but there wasn't enough room to open it all the way. I remember getting to the room after a really late check in (around 1am) and opening the door to see the view and it crashed into the chairs hahaha. I was so afraid I woke up the people around us. Your decision to change your first day definitely made the day more relaxing! We always used to race off to a park the first day but now we just relax and enjoy the resort and go to dinner and start off fresh the next morning. We'll never go back to the old way - you might not either! Can't wait to hear more!
__________________
2001 - GF; 2003 - WL; 2004 - WL; 2006 - WL; 2007 - GF; 2008 - VWL; 2009 - AKL; 2010 - GF; 2011 - VWL

~Dec 08 TR~ Never finished because pregnancy got in the way! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2167550
Melissa79 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: