Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 05:11 AM   #511
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

hi all
hope you are feeling better Julie, neck ache is horrible and it effects everything.

hope rosebug is over her chicken pox too my two had them earlier this year and were in good form but very uncomfortable but didnt scar luckily.

we have a busy week, dh's lovely niece is getting married friday so we ladies are starting our defuzzing, dyeing of greys, layering of tan and general best side out wedding prep today. it will be a good thing to lift spirits after my brother in laws passing but so sad that hes not going to be getting up to mischief and having us all in stitchs. her something blue is the cuff off the sleeve of the tshirt he wore the day he passed away which she has fashioned into an anklet. hope the weather doesnt go back to being typically irish in the meantime!

whats everyones plans for the weekend?

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #512
grad06
Mouseketeer

Hi Just wanted to share.

We got a long awaited call last night from the hospital, my DH was called in for a kidney transplant. Everything was going smoothly but just as DH was about to put a gown on the doctor came and said that sadly the kidney was not suitable to be used for the transplant

It is strange you have a mixture of feelings happyness that DH will get a transplant, sadness that someone has died to donate their organ. That is the most unbelievable gift anyone can give. Sorrow for the family. Then disappointment when the transplant is cancelled. I most probably sound very self centred. Sorry. DH has been waiting over 5 years but it can happen at any time. This is the second time so maybe 3rd time lucky.

Well looking forward to the weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend. We are just counting the days to our trip now.

Day visits 1997, Cheyenne 1998,1999, Dream Castle 2007, Dream Castle 2009, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Newport Bay Club Aug 2012.

grad06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #513
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

I'm sorry, I can't begin to imagine how you all must be feeling. I really don't know what to say so I'll give you a couple of instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad06 View Post
I most probably sound very self centred.
Not at all.

And I think the anonymity of the boards can help, sometimes it's easier to share on here rather than with a real life family member or friend.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #514
ctl
Mouseketeer

Smile Hang in there.

Transplants are always a precarious situation. Hope your DH gets a successful donation soon. It's hard to wish for a donor when you know that someone nearly always has to pass away for a donation to happen, but at least their family has the comfort that part of them live on in a beautiful way.
Hang in there.:
Old 07-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #515
grad06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
I'm sorry, I can't begin to imagine how you all must be feeling. I really don't know what to say so I'll give you a couple of instead.
Thanks Ware Bears it has been a very long day. Thanks for the hug. I know that I am just more than blessed with my family. My thoughts go out to the donor family. Thank goodness there are people out there that donate their organs.

Going to look forward to our trip to DLP now.

Day visits 1997, Cheyenne 1998,1999, Dream Castle 2007, Dream Castle 2009, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Newport Bay Club Aug 2012.

grad06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #516
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Quote:
And we got to see the Olympic torch last week - it had been really lousy weather all day and I was thinking if it didn't cease raining I wasn't going to bother as I had half an hour's walk to see it but luck was on my side and it stopped. So I'm glad I saw it - one sight I'm unlikely to see again in my lifetime!
Great you got to see the torch, it seems to be upon us really soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
hi all
hope you are feeling better Julie, neck ache is horrible and it effects everything.

hope rosebug is over her chicken pox too my two had them earlier this year and were in good form but very uncomfortable but didnt scar luckily.

we have a busy week, dh's lovely niece is getting married friday so we ladies are starting our defuzzing, dyeing of greys, layering of tan and general best side out wedding prep today. it will be a good thing to lift spirits after my brother in laws passing but so sad that hes not going to be getting up to mischief and having us all in stitchs. her something blue is the cuff off the sleeve of the tshirt he wore the day he passed away which she has fashioned into an anklet. hope the weather doesnt go back to being typically irish in the meantime!

whats everyones plans for the weekend?
Have a nice day at the wedding. I'm sure it will be very emotional, but lovely too.

Quote:
Thanks Ware Bears it has been a very long day. Thanks for the hug. I know that I am just more than blessed with my family. My thoughts go out to the donor family. Thank goodness there are people out there that donate their organs.

Going to look forward to our trip to DLP now.
I'm with Ware Bears, and give you a hug too Yes, thank goodness for donor's. Nice that you have a lovely DLP trip to focus on

I was so happy to see sunshine this morning and now it's turned to rain. I seem to becoming obsessed with the weather, but only because I can't get my washing dry

We're packing this weekend and will no doubt watch every Harry Potter movie in preparation of our trip to London on Monday Getting excited now.

What's everyone else up to?
Ms Poppins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #517
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Hi Just wanted to share.

We got a long awaited call last night from the hospital, my DH was called in for a kidney transplant. Everything was going smoothly but just as DH was about to put a gown on the doctor came and said that sadly the kidney was not suitable to be used for the transplant

It is strange you have a mixture of feelings happyness that DH will get a transplant, sadness that someone has died to donate their organ. That is the most unbelievable gift anyone can give. Sorrow for the family. Then disappointment when the transplant is cancelled. I most probably sound very self centred. Sorry. DH has been waiting over 5 years but it can happen at any time. This is the second time so maybe 3rd time lucky.

Well looking forward to the weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend. We are just counting the days to our trip now.
Hang in there, hope your DH gets a suitable donor soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Poppins View Post

Have a great trip to London

Had a great catch up over a meal yesterday with some friends & now just chilling. I have loads of ironing to do tomorrow in preparation of me going to work at the Olympics from Wednesday. It will also give me time to think about where I want to be next year.

I'm looking forward to going after a stressful month at work in which I managed to rack up 16.5 hours in overtime as late finishes, some dispatchers are beyond useless but it made my pay next month even better Also I cancelled one day of annual leave & they have cancelled the whole week & are telling me there are no more hours left, not my problem i'm not working my birthday weekend which I have booked off ages ago.

I'm gutted I missed the Olympic torch as it came round my area, I was working & missed it. Another crew got a great view as they had to go round the runner on an emergency call

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #518
Ms Poppins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
Have a great trip to London

Had a great catch up over a meal yesterday with some friends & now just chilling. I have loads of ironing to do tomorrow in preparation of me going to work at the Olympics from Wednesday. It will also give me time to think about where I want to be next year.

I'm looking forward to going after a stressful month at work in which I managed to rack up 16.5 hours in overtime as late finishes, some dispatchers are beyond useless but it made my pay next month even better Also I cancelled one day of annual leave & they have cancelled the whole week & are telling me there are no more hours left, not my problem i'm not working my birthday weekend which I have booked off ages ago.

I'm gutted I missed the Olympic torch as it came round my area, I was working & missed it. Another crew got a great view as they had to go round the runner on an emergency call
Thanks Nikki

Hope you have a great time at the Olympics - I know you're working, but hopefully you'll have a good experience to remember in years to come
Old 07-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #519
tennisfan
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Nikki

Hope you have a great time at the Olympics - I know you're working, but hopefully you'll have a good experience to remember in years to come
Thanks, I hope to not be too busy but I will be taking in the atmosphere etc

I have just tried to pack all my kit I need for the 2 and half weeks. Got everything in the case except my uniform so will have to have another go. I'm just glad i'm getting a lift up there as no way could anyone manage to take all there stuff on the train which is what they want us to do as there is no parking at the university. I'm lucky as I live sort of locally, I don't know how they managed it from the north of England.

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
Old 07-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #520
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Hope you have a great time in London, Julie, and that you have a great experience at the Olympics, Nikki. Hope your next try at packing is more successful.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #521
tennisfan
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Hope you have a great time in London, Julie, and that you have a great experience at the Olympics, Nikki. Hope your next try at packing is more successful.
ThanksI've given up trying to get it in one case & will take a large suitcase and a carry on size one & will have to iron all my uniform again when I get there

Trips:
Old 07-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #522
Ms Poppins

Hi folks

Got back from London on Thursday evening. We had a fantastic time, walked everywhere, and I actually feel more exhausted than I've ever felt after a DLP trip

We were lucky to hit the heatwave but if I'm honest it was a bit too hot for me. Harry Potter Studios was absolutely amazing. I'd go back there in a minute. I think I missed a lot of detail and we were in there about 4 hours.

Hope you've arrived and having a good time Nikki. The buzz around London is great

Now trying to get washing done but having constant showers of rain, so will need to find something else to do.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #523
tennisfan
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Hi folks

Got back from London on Thursday evening. We had a fantastic time, walked everywhere, and I actually feel more exhausted than I've ever felt after a DLP trip

We were lucky to hit the heatwave but if I'm honest it was a bit too hot for me. Harry Potter Studios was absolutely amazing. I'd go back there in a minute. I think I missed a lot of detail and we were in there about 4 hours.

Hope you've arrived and having a good time Nikki. The buzz around London is great

Now trying to get washing done but having constant showers of rain, so will need to find something else to do.

Glad you enjoyed London, I know what you mean about how hot its been. Luckily we were able to wear our own clothes for our training otherwise it would be unbearable, it was bad enough when we had quick trip to the Olympic park on Thursday & had to wear uniform.

I'm really enjoying it & looking forward to starting on Wednesday, the atmosphere is amazing & that was without the crowds. A group of us watched the Opening ceremony in the uni canteen and it was amazing.

I'm have popped back home for a couple of days & having dinner with my parents, sister and her family today

Trips:
Old 07-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #524
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

Quote:

I really hope so! I can't imagine what it's like to be in that situation. You certainly don't sound self centred. <3

I have only been lurking this past week, as it was the first week of my summer, and it has been so busy! I am ready to go back to work already! We've been to the beach twice; Alnwick Gardens; softplay; seaside ice cream parlour & park; the theatre to see the Seussical ... and managed to squeeze in a few lunches out, a day in Gran's garden in the paddling pool and all around her 3 usual mornings at nursery... I am absolutely exhausted, but have the biggest smile on my face. Term times are so hard as I am so exhausted most days, and have so much work to do evenings and weekends, that whilst I still am determined to do everything possible with Rosebug, I often don't have the energy to fully enjoy it iykwim?

We also have an action packed week ahead, with trips out with Granda and we're off to the Olympics!!!! Okay, it's the women's football quarter final at St. James Park ... but I am quite excited, even though I wasn't bothered at all about the Olympics! Rosebug loves football (I don't!) so I'm sure she will love the experience!

She is over her chickenpox, she had such a mild case, so fingers crossed she doesn't get it again. The spots are taking ages to fade though! She also had her consultant appointment last week, and her consultant is very impressed with her progress and we're now trying the next step of getting her into a routine, but it's trial and error, so very thankful for the GP's and now Consultant letter for DLP about easy access, without it I doubt we could do anything atm, as the changing of meds etc. is making things a bit hard work.

I hope everyone is having an amazing summer!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel* Disneyland Paris February 2015 *The Disneyland Hotel*

RoseBug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #525
Ms Poppins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
Glad you enjoyed London, I know what you mean about how hot its been. Luckily we were able to wear our own clothes for our training otherwise it would be unbearable, it was bad enough when we had quick trip to the Olympic park on Thursday & had to wear uniform.

I'm really enjoying it & looking forward to starting on Wednesday, the atmosphere is amazing & that was without the crowds. A group of us watched the Opening ceremony in the uni canteen and it was amazing.

I'm have popped back home for a couple of days & having dinner with my parents, sister and her family today
Oh, I can't imagine being in that heat in a full uniform Looks like the weather has cooled a bit now, so should be better for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBug View Post
I
I have only been lurking this past week, as it was the first week of my summer, and it has been so busy! I am ready to go back to work already! We've been to the beach twice; Alnwick Gardens; softplay; seaside ice cream parlour & park; the theatre to see the Seussical ... and managed to squeeze in a few lunches out, a day in Gran's garden in the paddling pool and all around her 3 usual mornings at nursery... I am absolutely exhausted, but have the biggest smile on my face. Term times are so hard as I am so exhausted most days, and have so much work to do evenings and weekends, that whilst I still am determined to do everything possible with Rosebug, I often don't have the energy to fully enjoy it iykwim?

We also have an action packed week ahead, with trips out with Granda and we're off to the Olympics!!!! Okay, it's the women's football quarter final at St. James Park ... but I am quite excited, even though I wasn't bothered at all about the Olympics! Rosebug loves football (I don't!) so I'm sure she will love the experience!

She is over her chickenpox, she had such a mild case, so fingers crossed she doesn't get it again. The spots are taking ages to fade though! She also had her consultant appointment last week, and her consultant is very impressed with her progress and we're now trying the next step of getting her into a routine, but it's trial and error, so very thankful for the GP's and now Consultant letter for DLP about easy access, without it I doubt we could do anything atm, as the changing of meds etc. is making things a bit hard work.

I hope everyone is having an amazing summer!
Sounds like a very busy time for you Good to get the chickenpox out the way, but it's not fun at the time.

We took Lewis swimming today for the first time in about a year. I always loved swimming as a kid, but as he has eczema and I've always been wary of taking him. He's also a bit nervous about trying new things so we took the bull by the horns today and just went. He ended up having a great time and we've promised to make it a weekly trip. It was such a big thing for him and I'm so glad we went. I'm hoping it will kick start my diet/fitness regime that i've been promising to start for ages too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: