Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #496
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

How exciting getting Olympics tickets! I kinda wish we'd at least tried to get some! The Torch passed by our front door last week, it was amazing, the whole street were out in the rain, houses were decorated and Rosebug had her "Jubilee" dress on (which is now her Olympic dress! ) The police were on their bikes etc. waving to the kids, and there was a parade of sponsorship trucks etc. It was a wonderful community experience!

Unlike our community experience last night with the flooding! It hit our county quite bad, we very nearly had a flooded kitchen and 2 streets away our town centre was flooded, and even had ducks swimming around. A little way up the road from us cars were submerged! :-( We are very lucky that our house is on a bank, so everything just floats past us, but our backyard is a slight slope, so the water was flooding down towards the house, and the drain got blocked, luckily DH realised in time and had to lie down in 4 inches of water to unblock it just as it was starting to come into the kitchen! Feel so sorry for the hundreds of people who took hours to get home last night, who had to abandon their cars (was bizarre driving to work this morning with all the cars abandoned on the sides of the roads. I was waiting for the zombies!) and who had terrible flooding. And I am so glad I left work an hour earlier than usual, otherwise I wouldn't have got home because the Tyne Tunnel was flooded, and that was my route home! It was quite a spectacular storm, I love thunder and lightening, such a shame it was so devastating!!!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel* Disneyland Paris February 2015 *The Disneyland Hotel*

RoseBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #497
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Poppie if you've got a niggle, then wait - trust your niggle.

Julie I've got a spreadsheet at work (really need to get it printed off) with where my sister, my mum, my DD, and I are on every day of the school summer holidays, I need it to keep me straight over the 6 weeks!

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #498
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBug View Post
How exciting getting Olympics tickets! I kinda wish we'd at least tried to get some! The Torch passed by our front door last week, it was amazing, the whole street were out in the rain, houses were decorated and Rosebug had her "Jubilee" dress on (which is now her Olympic dress! ) The police were on their bikes etc. waving to the kids, and there was a parade of sponsorship trucks etc. It was a wonderful community experience!

Unlike our community experience last night with the flooding! It hit our county quite bad, we very nearly had a flooded kitchen and 2 streets away our town centre was flooded, and even had ducks swimming around. A little way up the road from us cars were submerged! :-( We are very lucky that our house is on a bank, so everything just floats past us, but our backyard is a slight slope, so the water was flooding down towards the house, and the drain got blocked, luckily DH realised in time and had to lie down in 4 inches of water to unblock it just as it was starting to come into the kitchen! Feel so sorry for the hundreds of people who took hours to get home last night, who had to abandon their cars (was bizarre driving to work this morning with all the cars abandoned on the sides of the roads. I was waiting for the zombies!) and who had terrible flooding. And I am so glad I left work an hour earlier than usual, otherwise I wouldn't have got home because the Tyne Tunnel was flooded, and that was my route home! It was quite a spectacular storm, I love thunder and lightening, such a shame it was so devastating!!!
that is scary - we had a couple of heavy downpours yesterday, ducks on the school playground, but nothing like near you!

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #499
poppie123
Time for the dreaded hair dye me thinks
Crisps is mine, i just love them

Quote:

Gosh that is scary

It was baking here yesterday but it has been much cooler today and quite windy. No rain though!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #500
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Oh dear Rosebug. I was watching some of it on the news today and it looked awful. We have rain most of the time to be honest, but not to that extent.

Poppie, I agree, if something is telling you to wait, then wait

Elaine, I don't have a spreadsheet for the holidays, but I do have a plan for London I plan that almost as much as our Disney holidays. Abbey suggested that as we're in London, we should 'pop over to DLP' as we're so near the Eurostar. I told her not to be so silly, and was then on here in a flash checking prices. But it won't be happening, too much to see and do in London, including Harry Potter studios, which is our main reason for going 23 days to go, I should really have a ticker for it on here, already got one on my phone
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:13 AM   #501
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
helllloooo everyone, I know I don't often post on this thread but I've had an exciting couple of days - managed to get paralympics judo finals and medal ceremony tickets for our end of August London trip yesterday evening, and this morning I went to watch the olympic torch relay as it passed near to my house .

We've never stayed in London before, in fact my DD has never even passed through London before, so it'll be a busy busy 2 days in the Capital!
Congrats on getting the tickets, I have tickets for the hockey & i'm lucky to be working up there for London ambulance service on a secondment, although not looking forward to the 4.30am starts for some shifts

Quote:

Glad your house escaped getting flooded

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #502
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

It is just going to be one of those years isn't it? Rosebug has chickenpox!!!!

She has been grumpy the past few days and full of cold. Today she has about 15 red spots, and more seem to be appearing! She is happy as larry though! So Disney day tomorrow with her, I'm taking next 2 days off and hubby the two after that! Hope she doesn't get it too bad!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel* Disneyland Paris February 2015 *The Disneyland Hotel*

RoseBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #503
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

Quote:

She has been grumpy the past few days and full of cold. Today she has about 15 red spots, and more seem to be appearing! She is happy as larry though! So Disney day tomorrow with her, I'm taking next 2 days off and hubby the two after that! Hope she doesn't get it too bad!
Poor Rosebug! I hope she doesn't get them too bad, there seems to be a lot of chicken pox going around at the moment.

I'm just hoping that Olivia doesn't get them, as I've never had them before and I'd quite like to keep it that way!

Hope you both enjoy your Disney day tomorrow
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #504
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

Quote:
No fun while it's happening, but good to get it over and done with. Hope Rosebug doesn't feel too poorly with it.
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:08 AM   #505
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
managed to get paralympics judo finals and medal ceremony tickets for our end of August London trip yesterday evening, and this morning I went to watch the olympic torch relay as it passed near to my house
How exciting! I'm hoping to see the torch when it passes near our house too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexx View Post
No fun while it's happening, but good to get it over and done with. Hope Rosebug doesn't feel too poorly with it.
I agree - my three had it one after each other when they were young and those six weeks seemed to drag on for ever but far better for Rosebug to get it when she's still young, hope she doesn't get it too bad.

I wish this rain would stop. I wanted to go up and see the seven P&O ships leave Southampton tonight but not so sure I'm so keen to stand there in the pouring rain.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:21 AM   #506
TheTizardFamily:0)
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh no! Poor thing!

It isn't nice, both my boys had it at the same time, one was 2yrs and the other 4 1/2 months.....it was a long few weeks but i'm glad they got it over with early.

I hope she makes a speedy recovery!

TheTizardFamily:0) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #507
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Hope your DD feels better soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
How exciting! I'm hoping to see the torch when it passes near our house too.

I agree - my three had it one after each other when they were young and those six weeks seemed to drag on for ever but far better for Rosebug to get it when she's still young, hope she doesn't get it too bad.

I wish this rain would stop. I wanted to go up and see the seven P&O ships leave Southampton tonight but not so sure I'm so keen to stand there in the pouring rain.
I could have got overtime to cover the port for the ships arrival, however I don't live close enough for it to be worth it. Its very unusual for there to be 7 ships from the same company in port at the same time. Not a permanent thing as its the only time our private sector of the ambulance service have asked to cover it.

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #508
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Well, we braved the weather and luckily by the time we got there it had stopped raining. We went to Lepe which was the closest recommended vantage point to us and also the one which we thought would be the least busy. I'm really glad we went as it was a pretty impressive sight. It must have been a quite considerable feat to organise it so just such a shame about the weather as not only did the Red Arrows have to be cancelled but the ships would have looked so much better against blue skies. I didn't bother to take my camera as it was raining so heavily when we left home (and also my camera's only a little point and shoot) but there were lots of people there with HUGE cameras and even HUGER lens set up on their tripods so I expect they got good pictures.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Old 07-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #509
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Hello everyone Took me a while to find this thread, was hiding on page 4

Hope the weather is getting better for everyone. I nearly collapsed today when the sun came out, but it wasn't until about 7pm

Going back to work tomorrow after weeks of chronic neck ache. It's still a bit sore, but I think I need to bite the bullet and try to get back into the swing of things. I'll only be in until Friday and will then be off for my 2 weeks annual leave. It's our London holiday next Monday, so getting organised for that.

Let's all do a sun dance and hope for some nice sunshine for the summer hols
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:44 AM   #510
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Sorry to hear your neck's still painful at least you've only got a few days before you're off on your holidays. Exciting!!

The sun finally came out here yesterday too although it was a bit too windy to sit out in it. I finish work for the summer on Friday so I'm putting in my order for good weather from Saturday onwards.

And we got to see the Olympic torch last week - it had been really lousy weather all day and I was thinking if it didn't cease raining I wasn't going to bother as I had half an hour's walk to see it but luck was on my side and it stopped. So I'm glad I saw it - one sight I'm unlikely to see again in my lifetime!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: