Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #376
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Thanks Nikki and thanks for clearing it up. No one else in my family has had it done so I have no idea of what it intails bar what wiki tells me. He has had his scan and is set to have his gall bladder taken when we come back from honeymoon. Just waiting on doctors to come around, give him all his pain and dietary info and discharge him. I am so relieved but anxious that he will be ok the next few weeks.
Oh dear, what a worrying time for you all These things always seem to happen when things have been planned for ages. Hope he manages ok until after your wedding and honey moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBug View Post
Ms Poppins - love the photo book - I have been making one for each year of Rosebug's life, haven't printed them yet, but they are made. Also been keeping a blog since she was a few months old (need to update it badly atm though) and will try to keep it up til she is 18, and get it printed into a book for her birthday. For her 21st she will be getting a charm bracelet, and charms that I have been buying her for each birthday, and one for her birth, her christening etc. Keeping them all hidden away in the boxes and she will get it on her 21st!

I'm feeling really pleased with myself today - spent a few hours listing things on gumtree last week and have made £150 for Disney selling not much at all, plus I phoned our Gas company today and persuaded them to refund me £150 out of the £200 I was in credit - which means... I have enough to pay for our Disney package - 3 months earlier than we had planned, and now all we need to save is for food and spends, which considering I have my exam marking in June, is pretty much sorted! It is truly amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it! So hubby has said if there is a sale and the difference is no more than £200 we can try to upgrade to DLH! Although I'm not sure why he thinks I would listen to him saying no, when I'm the boss (and the main wage earner!!) We are going to have enough to really have a lovely summer holiday!
Thanks. I've only managed to remember everything because of our photo albums. On each birthday I always try to by a card that has their favourite character on it and stick it in the photo album beside their birthday photos. It really helped jog my memory

Lovely idea you have for your lo

Well done on gumtree selling. I still haven't got round to it, but the loft will be cleared out this week so who know what we'll find
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #377
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

I am just sitting trying to plan Disney bits to stop myself getting upset, but it isn't working. I am SO fed up with DD's tummy problems, it makes me so sad, even though she isn't particularly bothered by them. We are having to give her a silly amount of movicol every day to make her run off her feet, to clear her out and I just can't bear it anymore. I feel like a rotten mam for putting her through that, even though, like I say, it isn't hurting her - except she gets distressed if we are out and it happens, and her bottom is sore because of it! She is back in nappies and totally regressing with wee's because she knows she has a nappy on...

We have her follow up appt with the consultant on Thursday (dietician on Wednesday) and I'm terrified they will want to admit her (they wanted to last time) if she is still blocked up, but also just want her to get better.

Sorry for posting this here, just needed a blub really and hubby is at work doing OT for DLP spends!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel* Disneyland Paris February 2015 *The Disneyland Hotel*

RoseBug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #378
jothp
Going to wash and hoover my car today in honour of the mouse

Sorry to hear you are feeling down about your daughter. I hope you manage to get some solutions soon.

Me DH dd(11)DD(9)DD(6)
Sequoia Lodge Jun 09; Sequoia Lodge May/Jun 10; Cheyenne Dec 10; Newport Bay May/Jun 11; Offsite Aug 11; Offsite and Disneyland Hotel Jun 12

Last edited by jothp; 04-24-2012 at 06:38 AM.
jothp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #379
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Oh dear, sorry to read this, hope you get some answers on Thursday.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:10 AM   #380
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

Sorry to hear you're feeling down. It's always so much harder when it's your little ones who are unwell. I hope Thursday brings some answers and positive news.
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:45 AM   #381
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Hope you get some results & answers on Thursday

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #382
RoseBug

Thanks guys! DD is being admitted to the children's ward tomorrow morning so they can give her a proper clear out, because after 6 weeks of us trying - she is still blocked

Doctor today was fab, and says best thing is to admit her for 3 days and get her cleared out and then they can start figuring out what is really wrong and treat it! So it's a step in the right direction - and at least in hospital, they will help clear her up after each accident!

What a nightmare 2012 has been so far!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel* Disneyland Paris February 2015 *The Disneyland Hotel*

Old 04-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #383
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Oh I am sorry to read this Rosebug . I really hope all goes well and they are able to get to the root of the problem. It does sound like they are taking it seriously. Fingers crossed all goes OK .

Yes, 2012 hasn't been a great year for you all so far .
Old 04-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #384
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Hope her stay in hospital will help things start looking up for her.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Old 04-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #385
jothp
Going to wash and hoover my car today in honour of the mouse

Hopefully they will start to work out what is wrong with her

Me DH dd(11)DD(9)DD(6)
Sequoia Lodge Jun 09; Sequoia Lodge May/Jun 10; Cheyenne Dec 10; Newport Bay May/Jun 11; Offsite Aug 11; Offsite and Disneyland Hotel Jun 12
jothp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #386
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Just having a proud Mum moment here I'm very proud of Shanti as she passed her puppy training with distinction.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #387
RoseBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Just having a proud Mum moment here I'm very proud of Shanti as she passed her puppy training with distinction.
Well done Shanti!

Old 05-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #388
RoseBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Hope her stay in hospital will help things start looking up for her.
Back to square one! They discharged her on Monday even though she wasn't where she was meant to be (according to the consultant who admitted her) and told we could do the same at home, which of course hasn't worked and she is back to the way she was - possibly a bit worse as we had a midnight trip to out of hours doc on Friday night with a little girl with a hugely bloated, swollen tummy! OOD said it's wind, but that she is still blocked and shouldn't have been discharged, so we have to go back to GP tomorrow and start all over again!

Didn't help that last Tuesday I came down with either a bug or food poisoning - but at least it kick started my DLP diet!

By god we are going to need this holiday come August!

Old 05-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #389
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Oh dear your poor DD, how frustrating. Hope you're feeling better now.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #390
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBug View Post
Back to square one! They discharged her on Monday even though she wasn't where she was meant to be (according to the consultant who admitted her) and told we could do the same at home, which of course hasn't worked and she is back to the way she was - possibly a bit worse as we had a midnight trip to out of hours doc on Friday night with a little girl with a hugely bloated, swollen tummy! OOD said it's wind, but that she is still blocked and shouldn't have been discharged, so we have to go back to GP tomorrow and start all over again!

Didn't help that last Tuesday I came down with either a bug or food poisoning - but at least it kick started my DLP diet!

By god we are going to need this holiday come August!
So sorry to hear you're dd still is going through this, you're doing the right thing just keep pushing for answers I'm sure she'll be coping really well kids are so resilient, I really feel for you though. Not that its any consolation I was in/out of hospital from being 7 with crohns disease and I actually loved all the attention

Elaine - well done Shanti, my puppy turned 1 last week, she's going to kennels for the first time in 2 weeks I think I'll cry like a baby

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: