Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 04:32 AM   #361
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

thanks for letting us know about your Dad's operation Carrie_Cat, it must be a relief to you that he's doing well in recovery .

Brilliant idea about the photobook Julie, I bet you start bubbling again when you give it to your DS !
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:38 AM   #362
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Great news Carrie. Hope your mind is at rest a bit now
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2012, 04:43 AM   #363
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

That's fantastic news, Carrie. Must be such a relief for you all.

Hope the rest of his recovery goes well.
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:01 AM   #364
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

Great news Carrie - Hope he recovers quickly.

Miss Poppins - Good idea the photo book for a present.
If you wanted a few other things for him to open you could make a Lucky Dip box with lot of little cheap presents wrapped up - you say he plays the guitar so a new plectrum, a bag of his favourite sweets or bar of his favourite chocolate etc etc - nothing costing much but lots to open
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL; Dec 13 - DLP SL, Dec 14 - DLP DLH

A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:34 AM   #365
Ms Poppins

I've just about finished the photo book - you can view it here

Please ignore the stuff about buying the book - it's all pre-filled stuff from the website i've used. I'm just looking for your opinions really.

Do you think it's a bit slushy?

I've deliberately used a photo of him by himself for each year. And I need to put a final pic of him in how he is now. He's had his hair all shaved off His hairstyle was becoming too common

Thanks for the idea about a mix bag of stuff. I'll try and remember his favourite sweets and stuff from when he was wee. And yes, plectrums are always being lost and guitar strings being broken! So I think I'll get a store of them
Old 04-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #366
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Aahhhh Julie thats lovely. I can see how you cried doing it, not because its slushy mind but because I bet you feel the 18 years passed so quickly and you have to pine for those innocent childhood years!
Its really cool.

Great to hear that your Dads on the road to recovery Carrie

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May *** Disneyland Hotel - November

Upcoming Trips:
2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #367
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Just popped on here....

Carrie - sorry to hear about your Dad but glad to hear he is on the road to recovery

Julie - that book nearly had me bubbling - how amazing and what a lovely thing to do. I just love how you've managed to remember all the little facts. My goodness, you put me to shame as I can't remember some of my girls' stuff and they are still little . I am sure Mark will think it is great (eventhough he is almost a roughty- toughty 18!)
Old 04-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #368
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Carrie - great news, hope your Dad continues to make a speedy recovery.

Julie - that book is amazing it's absolutely perfect, it's something I'm sure he'll always treasure.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #369
Ms Poppins

Thanks everyone

Now that that's sorted, I need to go in search of a new oven. Only realised it wasnt working when pizza still hadn't cooked after an hour! That's some of the Disney fund gone
Old 04-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #370
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Oh no We had to buy a new laptop for DD last month after hers died then on Friday the printer finally gave up.
I'm waiting for the third thing now .....

Hope you find a bargain.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #371
kizzabel

Hi all,
Having a lousy time trying to sleep and a lousy couple of days
DH2B is in hospital with suspected gallstones and we are due to get married in just over 3 weeks. eeeek
We will know tomorrow if he has to be operated on or if they want to wait until after the wedding and honeymoon.
If hes being operated on the wedding and honeymoon have to be cancelled for now. On the upside: insurance.
He is in alot of pain so they think his gall gladder is inflamed and if it is he will continue with the medication hes received to help it get back to normal and come back to have an operation after the honeymoon.
Apparently in Ireland they wont operate for 4-6 weeks if it is inflamed to allow this to subside.
Ultrasound is set for tomorrow (all going well and the hospital not being crazy busy)
We are between a rock and a hard place. Wouldn't mind about cancelling the wedding in a way as he is number one priority and it is killing me to see him in so much pain and TBH we have had so much stress it would give us the perfect reason to elope!
But if they think he will be ok and are sure the pain won't reoccur while we are on honeymoon (cannot speak dutch, french or italian!) then I think we would be happy to go ahead Im frazzled and don't know which way is up.
I would ask for fingers and toes to be crossed but I don't know which is the best outcome
Time for warm milk and hopefully some sleep.

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May *** Disneyland Hotel - November

Upcoming Trips:
Old 04-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #372
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Hi all,
Having a lousy time trying to sleep and a lousy couple of days
DH2B is in hospital with suspected gallstones and we are due to get married in just over 3 weeks. eeeek
We will know tomorrow if he has to be operated on or if they want to wait until after the wedding and honeymoon.
If hes being operated on the wedding and honeymoon have to be cancelled for now. On the upside: insurance.
He is in alot of pain so they think his gall gladder is inflamed and if it is he will continue with the medication hes received to help it get back to normal and come back to have an operation after the honeymoon.
Apparently in Ireland they wont operate for 4-6 weeks if it is inflamed to allow this to subside.
Ultrasound is set for tomorrow (all going well and the hospital not being crazy busy)
We are between a rock and a hard place. Wouldn't mind about cancelling the wedding in a way as he is number one priority and it is killing me to see him in so much pain and TBH we have had so much stress it would give us the perfect reason to elope!
But if they think he will be ok and are sure the pain won't reoccur while we are on honeymoon (cannot speak dutch, french or italian!) then I think we would be happy to go ahead Im frazzled and don't know which way is up.
I would ask for fingers and toes to be crossed but I don't know which is the best outcome
Time for warm milk and hopefully some sleep.
Hope he has the pain under control soon. Its the same in England in that if its inflammed they won't operate straight away unless life threatning.

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #373
kizzabel

Thanks Nikki and thanks for clearing it up. No one else in my family has had it done so I have no idea of what it intails bar what wiki tells me. He has had his scan and is set to have his gall bladder taken when we come back from honeymoon. Just waiting on doctors to come around, give him all his pain and dietary info and discharge him. I am so relieved but anxious that he will be ok the next few weeks.

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 04-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #374
jothp
Going to wash and hoover my car today in honour of the mouse

Glad to here that you know what is happening now. I also find the not knowing is the worst thing because you end up trying to work out solutions for all options. I hope he keeps pain free over the next few weeks.

Me DH dd(11)DD(9)DD(6)
Sequoia Lodge Jun 09; Sequoia Lodge May/Jun 10; Cheyenne Dec 10; Newport Bay May/Jun 11; Offsite Aug 11; Offsite and Disneyland Hotel Jun 12
jothp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #375
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

Really glad your dad is on the road to recovery Carrie, and that you now know what is going on with DH2B's gallstone Kizzabel!

Ms Poppins - love the photo book - I have been making one for each year of Rosebug's life, haven't printed them yet, but they are made. Also been keeping a blog since she was a few months old (need to update it badly atm though) and will try to keep it up til she is 18, and get it printed into a book for her birthday. For her 21st she will be getting a charm bracelet, and charms that I have been buying her for each birthday, and one for her birth, her christening etc. Keeping them all hidden away in the boxes and she will get it on her 21st!

I'm feeling really pleased with myself today - spent a few hours listing things on gumtree last week and have made £150 for Disney selling not much at all, plus I phoned our Gas company today and persuaded them to refund me £150 out of the £200 I was in credit - which means... I have enough to pay for our Disney package - 3 months earlier than we had planned, and now all we need to save is for food and spends, which considering I have my exam marking in June, is pretty much sorted! It is truly amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it! So hubby has said if there is a sale and the difference is no more than £200 we can try to upgrade to DLH! Although I'm not sure why he thinks I would listen to him saying no, when I'm the boss (and the main wage earner!!) We are going to have enough to really have a lovely summer holiday!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel* Disneyland Paris February 2015 *The Disneyland Hotel*

RoseBug is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: