Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2012, 07:16 AM   #346
jothp
Going to wash and hoover my car today in honour of the mouse

I really hope everything goes well for your dad carrie cat

Me DH dd(11)DD(9)DD(6)
Sequoia Lodge Jun 09; Sequoia Lodge May/Jun 10; Cheyenne Dec 10; Newport Bay May/Jun 11; Offsite Aug 11; Offsite and Disneyland Hotel Jun 12
jothp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #347
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

thinking of u and ur family carrie...... i know how hard it is, and im currently watchin my dads health deteriorate and it seems unfair that 10 yrs ago he was a fit man, and now he cant do anything himself.....

i hope the operation in uneventful and he is recovering at home very quickly

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #348
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

I'm sure everything will go fine, but then I know it doesn't stop you worrying.
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #349
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

Thinking of your Carrie_Cat, hope your Dad's op goes ok.
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #350
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Thinking of you all, Carrie hope it all goes well.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #351
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Hope your dad's op goes smoothly, Carrie

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #352
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Thank you all so so much

I know it's daft of me to worry but when this first stroke happened (as he's had several smaller ones since) he was 53 years old active and in good health.

He had so much to look forward to and had planned on a great retirement. Now he has pbs remembering what he did a few hours before and has become a recluse.

Big hugs and kind supportive thoughts for anybody who has a poorly relative or who has lost one too soon

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #353
Ms Poppins

I don't want this turning into a sad/upsetting thread, but I just wanted to say that it's coming on the Dis that kept me sane when my gran died a couple of years ago. She had cancer and just before our trip in 2009 she became very ill. I almost cancelled the holiday, but my family assured me that my gran would have been furious with me if I had. So we came to my happy place, had an absolutely wonderful time and came home again. My gran died a week later. I didn't mention it on here. I wanted to come here to forget about what was going on at home.

I know a lot of people who aren't into Disney think that I'm a bit crazy (aren't we all ) but it really helps me to forget about everyday annoyances and problems. I feel like a kid again, getting excited over everything, especially at the moment

So, I'd just like to say thanks to everyone on here for being as Disney daft as me
Old 03-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #354
Ms Poppins

Now for something completely different

Does anyone have any suggestions for a small keepsake I can get for my DS 18th birthday? We've already paid his holiday, which is in June, and no doubt we'll give him some money too. And we're paying for a party but I can't help feeling that I want him to have something to open when he wakes up on his birthday. I'd like a small keepsake - nothing too expensive - but am completely lost on ideas

What have you all given for special birthdays?
Old 03-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #355
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Oooh I've got an idea. Its a time capsule without all time.
How about the song you loved most when he was born? or that was number one when he was born? Or that you associate with him. (Possibly a compilation...)
And the food you craved while pregnant on him.
Maybe a copy of his scan pic if you have one. And pics of him growing up. Maybe some santa letters or preschool art?
Maybe write up some funny and cute stories about him as a child.
And other little keepsakes and bits and bobs.

Like for instance my DDs would contain Mr Freezes (did a two hour trip in search of lime ones the day before I had her!), her scan photo and wrist band, her first sleepsuit (well actually the one with St Lukes Hospital sewn onto it that ummm came home with us by accident!). A lock of her hair from her 1st cut. Her 1st tooth and letter she wrote to thank the tooth fairy. Westlifes You raise me up was number one when she was born but I'd swap that for Jem's album as that where we got her name from! Her first booties. Her trophy for coming second in a beautiful baby competition (unfairly judged in my opinion!). And a little scrapbook with pics and stories all about her.

The list is endless and I think it would be a fun thing to put together, also its nostalgic and I know I would be so touched to open a little box of treasures and to know that someone took all that time to put it together.

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May *** Disneyland Hotel - November

Upcoming Trips:
2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:45 AM   #356
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

What a lovely idea, kizzabel.

When my eldest DD was 18 it was so easy as she is Disney mad so we paid for her DLP shares. As we couldn't buy them for her in advance we made a card for her based on the Shareholders card design and put it in a little box. We also bought her a share in Disney which is a fantastic piece of framed artwork in itself, we were able to buy this in advance and give it to her on the day, but it's the DLP one which she treasures the most.

As I said she was easy, I haven't a clue what to give my second DD when it's her 18th later on this year. Does your DS have any interests or hobbies?
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #357
Ms Poppins

Thanks for the ideas

I have a box for each of the kids in my bedroom full of their 'first' things and baby stuff. I'm not sure DS would cherish it in the same way maybe Abbey would . But, I might do a CD with some songs and try and do some research into what was going on when he was born.

He's into art and music and plays guitar/bass in a couple of bands. We've spent a fair amount on his holiday, which was supposed to be his present, but I know what i'm like. I'll want to give him stuff to open on the day. I might give him some money and had thought of a watch or something for him to keep, but I was trying to think of something quirky. I've got a few weeks to go so will keep thinking.

I love the Disney shares idea - that sounds lovely
Old 03-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #358
Ms Poppins

Well, I think i've got my 'thing' sorted out...

I'm a bit of a photo maniac and I've got about 20 odd albums in chronological order of us all right from the off when DS was born.

So, I've decided to do a photo book, with the theme 'All Your Birthdays'. Each double page will have a photo of him taken on his birthday and then some text describing what we did that day, what his presents were etc.

I've been doing it all night, and only stopped to watch Dream (OMG). That along with all the memories has had me bubbling like a looney I'll post a link to it when I'm done.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions. I'm off to get a cup of tea now.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:15 AM   #359
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Just to let you know that my Dads operation went well and he's passed a good night - my mum has just rang to let me know

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and thank you all again for being there

Carrie xx

ps- Julie, I think your 18th birthday present is a great idea and something that he'll keep for ever.

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:23 AM   #360
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Poppins View Post
Well, I think i've got my 'thing' sorted out...

I'm a bit of a photo maniac and I've got about 20 odd albums in chronological order of us all right from the off when DS was born.

So, I've decided to do a photo book, with the theme 'All Your Birthdays'. Each double page will have a photo of him taken on his birthday and then some text describing what we did that day, what his presents were etc.

I've been doing it all night, and only stopped to watch Dream (OMG). That along with all the memories has had me bubbling like a looney I'll post a link to it when I'm done.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions. I'm off to get a cup of tea now.
Thats a great idea, something he can show his own children if he chooses to have any

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Just to let you know that my Dads operation went well and he's passed a good night - my mum has just rang to let me know

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and thank you all again for being there

Carrie xx

ps- Julie, I think your 18th birthday present is a great idea and something that he'll keep for ever.
Glad to hear your dad's operation went well, hope he has a good recovery

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: