Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #241
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Lovely to hear from both of you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion33 View Post
It's awesome I can see space mountain from the school gates
OMG how brave are you, what exciting news and I wish we had a view like that from our school gates

I'm so glad your dreams have come true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morveryn View Post
Our trip is to mainly celebrate our daughters 10th birthday at Halloween but also my hubbys 40th (in Dec) and our 15th wedding anniversary (in Nov).
We are staying in the castle club at Disneyland Hotel.
How fantastic, you'll have such a wonderful time.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:08 AM   #242
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also am a stand in for bbwws so....just waiting for them to sort out my paperwork so hopefully start rehearsing for that soon as I'm a cover xxx
I had to double back and read that! You will have to let us know how that goes, what will you be training as?

Hope everyone's doing well, I'm trying to keep focused on normal life as when I'm here too much I get nothing done

I'm going to Paris in a couple of weeks, no dlp , anyone have any idea how cold it is there at the moment?

x

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2011, 03:23 AM   #243
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertaylor05 View Post

I'm going to Paris in a couple of weeks, no dlp , anyone have any idea how cold it is there at the moment?

x
22° yesterday afternoon in central Paris, same again today but the day starts off around 14° - Was very overcast yesterday but muggy type heat

Today has started bright and sunny but is said to cloud over again in the afternoon

It's a couple of °s cooler out at DLP

Wish it would make its mind up as it's annoying not knowing how to dress

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:32 AM   #244
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Wish it would make its mind up as it's annoying not knowing how to dress
Thanks for the update I know what you mean, I'll probably ask you again before I go lol I hate not knowing what to pack, I need some practical wear as we'll be doing alot of walking but also to be smart/presentable as we'll be meeting lots of people and working, then I'm hoping for a little down time in the evenings. I'll probably pack loads then live in the same pair of jeans

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
Old 09-22-2011, 03:40 AM   #245
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Thanks for the update I know what you mean, I'll probably ask you again before I go lol I hate not knowing what to pack, I need some practical wear as we'll be doing alot of walking but also to be smart/presentable as we'll be meeting lots of people and working, then I'm hoping for a little down time in the evenings. I'll probably pack loads then live in the same pair of jeans
Was way to muggy for jeans yesterday as I found out Will have to go out with a change of clothes tomorrow as looking at the forecast it's going to stay like this until the end of next week

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:56 AM   #246
Morveryn
Mumketeer

Quote:
I'll probably pack loads then live in the same pair of jeans
Lol! I'm not the only one who does that then.

Morveryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:54 AM   #247
Orion33
Second star on the right and straight on till morning.

I posted about my audition for the wild west show ages ago back in 2009

Audition story here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....wild+west+show

Thanks Elaine I keep a blog about my why's and wherefore of being out here

www.averyenglishgirlinparis.blogspot.com

Xxx
Orion33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:11 AM   #248
mummybear
Mouseketeer

I remember you posting about your audition in 2009 and congratulated you. When I saw yesterday that you'd posted a new thread I was going to come on and ask how the Annie Oakley job was going, but thought you may think I was a bit of a stalker

How fantastic that you've took a brave (and life turning) decision to move out to France. I've only read a little of your blog as posted above (honest I'm not a stalker), but I will continue to read it and about all the amazng things that must be happening
mummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #249
Orion33
Second star on the right and straight on till morning.

Not stalker ish at all very very well remembered!!!

Ah it was a life altering decision indeed and absolutely for the best, right time, right place this job came up so....I took it! It's an awesome job and yes ulterior motive as it put me closer to Disney for the was role. Have never been called to do it due to my location previously I was way down the stand in list but now...fingers crossed for going into rehearsals October time.. I hope!

My mates chief sitting bll so he's been backing me to the hilt to try to get me in quicker!
Orion33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #250
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Am also living in one pair of jeans lately!

Weather was the same in Ireland today Carrie, looked like rain this morning and ended up too warm and theyre giving snow from October up to Feb!! Madness

Wow, I would love to live that close to DLP. Sounds like heaven

DS got on well with his paediatrician and is to attend a speech and language clinic. The only deal breaker is his dummys gotta go... eeeeek this shant be fun! Hes coming on in leaps and bounds the last few days and Im now Mammy not just Ma! Delighted

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:21 AM   #251
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Elaine I keep a blog about my why's and wherefore of being out here
Spent a very enjoyable evening reading it last night
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
DS got on well with his paediatrician and is to attend a speech and language clinic. The only deal breaker is his dummys gotta go... eeeeek this shant be fun! Hes coming on in leaps and bounds the last few days and Im now Mammy not just Ma! Delighted
Bet he's just being like one of my DDs was and thinking why bother to speak when I have an elder sibling to do it for me. She had to attend speech therapy too and used to love going as they're so good at making these things fun. She never shuts up now so I think she's making up for lost time.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:01 AM   #252
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Spent a very enjoyable evening reading it last night

Bet he's just being like one of my DDs was and thinking why bother to speak when I have an elder sibling to do it for me. She had to attend speech therapy too and used to love going as they're so good at making these things fun. She never shuts up now so I think she's making up for lost time.
You and me both! Really enjoyed your blog Orion33

Very true about the speech, one of my cousins was the youngest of 4 and just made noises/pointed etc because they all knew what he meant his siblings/mum would just get/do whatever he wanted.

Glad he's coming on .... good luck with the dummy

Old 09-23-2011, 05:05 AM   #253
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Moved out here last week of august to teach at an international primary school right behind the park. It's awesome I can see space mountain from the school gates

Also am a stand in for bbwws so....just waiting for them to sort out my paperwork so hopefully start rehearsing for that soon as I'm a cover xxx
Welcome back fab news about the job & fingers crossed you start rehearsing soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morveryn View Post
I have been here in a while either but I am looking forward to our trip next month. I am so excited! I went shopping today and bought a cabin bag to take onto the plane with me and of course then I had to buy some clothes to go in it!
Our trip is to mainly celebrate our daughters 10th birthday at Halloween but also my hubbys 40th (in Dec) and our 15th wedding anniversary (in Nov).
We are staying in the castle club at Disneyland Hotel.

Can't wait!
Hope you have a lovely trip

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:06 AM   #254
tennisfan
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Am also living in one pair of jeans lately!

Weather was the same in Ireland today Carrie, looked like rain this morning and ended up too warm and theyre giving snow from October up to Feb!! Madness

Wow, I would love to live that close to DLP. Sounds like heaven

Great news your DS is improving

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
Old 09-23-2011, 07:19 AM   #255
tennisfan
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Afternoon, how is everyone?

I have just bought another 10 Euro Disney shares. I now have 20 even though they are held with different banks, the shareholders club have said that as long as I have my name on both accounts I can still qualify for the fee waiver on renewal which is due next year. I made use of the £5 trading commission with Halifax today

Trips:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: