Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2011, 05:32 AM   #211
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura678 View Post
Hi!

I need somewhere to explode!! I don't know how much longer I can keep my January trip a secret from my soon-to-be step brother (my dad is marrying his mother on Friday... Cannot wait! We have a castle hired in Galway for 3 nights! have to go buy my shoes today!!)

Anyway I am finding it really hard to keep the secret from him! He is 10 (11 on Sunday) and myself and my bf aren't telling him that he is going to DLP on Jan 2nd with us and my 17 year old brother until Christmas morning!

But I am so so so excited!!! I think I need to distance myself from Disney and then perhaps I wont feel as excited... But I doubt that will happen

What do you guys do to try keep the secret as long as possible??? I havent even told him that myself and my bf are going in January... We have gone the last 2 Januarys too. Maybe if I let it slip that me and my bf are going again then i will be able to talk about Disney without actually telling him we are going.

But then again it would probably be better not to say a word!

If only I could forget about the trip for 3 months
I know how you feel!!
DD keeps seeing the ads and begging to save up and go - the new ad convinced her that you can go in the school holidays, like its a fact! No Mam we can go, the telly says so! And i rain on her parade and say with no money!?!?!
Little does she know *insert sneaky smiley here*
Just think about the excitement of the reveal and stay using disboards to keep your excitement going and we'll be your Disney outlet!
Me and DP only chat about it when we're on a night out and tipsy and safe from prying ears!!
I do update him everyday on our holiday countdown but its that hes just not that into DLP. Can you fathom that?!!? He must have had a very fulfilling childhood as I turn into the biggest kid at the thoughts of getting back to the magic!
Hold tight on the secret, it'll be worth it

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May *** Disneyland Hotel - November

Upcoming Trips:
2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #212
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura678 View Post
We have a castle hired in Galway for 3 nights! have to go buy my shoes today!!)
Wow - sounds amazing! I hope you all have a lovely day.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2011, 06:20 AM   #213
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Morning all

I settled my account with my solicitor yesterday for the house i'm buying, sent the deposit too (that was painful ) so its just waiting to exchange contracts & complete. Looks like we will complete on the 29th September, my dad will have to collect the keys as i'm on nights but will have a few days off after that to slowly move in. Hope to be completely by mid October as I have some move leave booked to sort out everything.

Need to get a holiday booked soon as I will not be going to the States in October as planned due to my mate not being able to go then. A bit gutted but it gives me time to save a bit more & have a nice holiday next year

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:24 AM   #214
kizzabel

Great news Nikki, you must be so excited!! You wont feel it and you'll be moved it. Thats a pity about the US holiday

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May *** Disneyland Hotel - November

Upcoming Trips:
Old 09-15-2011, 07:01 AM   #215
tennisfan
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Great news Nikki, you must be so excited!! You wont feel it and you'll be moved it. Thats a pity about the US holiday
Excited & nervous but I will be fine once settled. It is a shame about the US but will look at it again next year, would have been able to go this year if my friend got 2 weeks off instead of 1 (she is a teacher) as she needs to be home for something in the middle of what would have been our holiday. Oh well might try & squeeze another Disney trip in instead. Its a blessing really as the prices were coming out double to what we paid last year & I didn't really want to spend loads.

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
Old 09-15-2011, 07:05 AM   #216
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

Sounding great about the house Nikki - Im sure you'll love it having your own space.
Shame about the USA trip but as you say more time to save for next year
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL; Dec 13 - DLP SL, Dec 14 - DLP DLH

A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #217
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
I settled my account with my solicitor yesterday for the house i'm buying, sent the deposit too (that was painful ) so its just waiting to exchange contracts & complete. Looks like we will complete on the 29th September, my dad will have to collect the keys as i'm on nights but will have a few days off after that to slowly move in. Hope to be completely by mid October as I have some move leave booked to sort out everything.
Great news!! We should exchange tomorrow and have a completion date of Monday 26th. We'll be doing the whole move in the morning but hopefully should be able to finish all the packing over the weekend before. I think we'll be unpacking for a while!!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #218
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
so its just waiting to exchange contracts & complete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
Great news!! We should exchange tomorrow
Very exciting for both of you!!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Old 09-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #219
kizzabel

Evening all

Any nice plans for the weekend?
Today is my sisters 40th birthday so I was up early for her surprise... You see shes been mad after an Audi TT for years and her husband worked every hour of overtime he could get for the last few months and got her a beeeeeautiful 2000 one! Its gorgeous. She cried and jumped around the house for ages! Im so happy for her, shes caring and selfless and always worrying about her 5 siblings and Im delighted she had her dream come true. Shes off away to a spa for the weekend with her hubbie which was our gift.

Im keeping it quiet this weekend. Theres a book fair on in my town and Im after spending far too much money on books today so I think I wont be stirring outside the door all weekend!

Happy Friday

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 09-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #220
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Evening all

Any nice plans for the weekend?
Today is my sisters 40th birthday so I was up early for her surprise... You see shes been mad after an Audi TT for years and her husband worked every hour of overtime he could get for the last few months and got her a beeeeeautiful 2000 one! Its gorgeous. She cried and jumped around the house for ages! Im so happy for her, shes caring and selfless and always worrying about her 5 siblings and Im delighted she had her dream come true. Shes off away to a spa for the weekend with her hubbie which was our gift.

Im keeping it quiet this weekend. Theres a book fair on in my town and Im after spending far too much money on books today so I think I wont be stirring outside the door all weekend!

Happy Friday
awwww that's lovely for your sister

I'm keeping it low key this weekend too, I have to pay the balance of our DLP trip in a few weeks and since I only decided on this trip a month ago I've had to keep the purse strings tight!

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #221
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

What a great birthday your sister's having, Kizzabelle.

I'm having a quiet weekend too - DH is working overtime both days but on the plus side it means more for the holiday pot.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #222
kizzabel

mucho tightening of purse strings!! but yet im not saving a penny!! bills are flying in at the minute
have to pay for DDs drama classes tomorrow (definately worth the money as shes gotten veeeeeeery dramatic lately ) and im waiting on the electricity bill. i fear its gonna be a bad'un!

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 09-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #223
kizzabel

oooh and my sisters having a blast although thinks she gotten whiplash from the turbo on her new car... I am green with envy!!!

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 09-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #224
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

I know what you mean kizzabel it seems there's always something to pay out for, no matter what I set aside I feel like I'm having to dip into it every month I would love to sell up and downsize or relocate sadly I'd lose too much money at the moment but running a big house on one wage is a challenge to say the least!

Glad your sister's making the most of it, why not especially before the weather turns too much, I have a feeling we're in for an early and cold winter

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:15 AM   #225
tennisfan
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
Great news!! We should exchange tomorrow and have a completion date of Monday 26th. We'll be doing the whole move in the morning but hopefully should be able to finish all the packing over the weekend before. I think we'll be unpacking for a while!!!
Thanks, hope it runs smoothly for you when you move

Trips:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: