Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #196
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

I was thinking of letting DD watch POTC but is she still too young? She's coming up 5 in October. Loves POTC and really wants to eat in Blue Lagoon on our next trip!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #197
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Ooh, don't mention the Blue Lagoon we had an early dinner tonight and now I'm feeling peckish. I always think of there when I watch the POTC films too - talking of which I pre-ordered POTC4 last week so not long until I can watch it again.
I know, I've had to stop myself looking at the restaurant threads it's just too much for me I've not seen 4 yet but am working up to it!

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #198
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
I was thinking of letting DD watch POTC but is she still too young? She's coming up 5 in October. Loves POTC and really wants to eat in Blue Lagoon on our next trip!
I really need to learn how to multi quote! It's a tough one, I've always been very strict with dd watching films much to her disgust that other people in her class have seen everything according to dd. To tell the truth she has the attention span of a gnat anyway and usually gets bored She's 6 and I did let her watch POTC for the first time after I'd watched it through again to make sure, like your dd she loves POTC and Blue Lagoon is now her fave restaurant. It was on tv the other week and I didn't let her watch it then, we had a talk in the run up to watching it about films not being real etc it was nice watching it together and talking about parts of the film she can see in the ride, by the time it got to the scary bits at the end she'd lost interest and was colouring so it turned out ok. I did have a moment of panic though that I was a bad parent

DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:18 AM   #199
Happy Days
Mouseketeer

When I was a teacher, wouldn't allow any end-of-term video (yes it was that long ago!!) treats other than U classification. They were Y6!!!!
On a different note, I am not a newbie - couldn't remember my password (senior moment ) and original email account was closed so had to re-register as it was getting too frustrating sitting on the sidelines.
Happy Days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:27 AM   #200
Mum to Belle

what classification in POTC? Is it a PG?
Old 08-28-2011, 04:37 AM   #201
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

they are all a 12 rating, except the most recent one, which is a 12a.

My DD was much younger than 12 when she watched POTC with me, probably about 7 or 8 I think.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:06 AM   #202
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
my girls r 5+6 and i wouldnt let them watch it, their scared of aladdin doe! Tbh i dont tink they would have the intrest to watch the whole movie, dd2 for example would watch rapunzel, barbie even toystorey on rerun but we had to switch off cars after 10min as it was"stupid!". she is quite girly every thing is pretty or cute with her
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #203
Mum to Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
they are all a 12 rating, except the most recent one, which is a 12a.
Really? I had no idea!!! Maybe not then! I'll just have to watch it on my own
Old 09-12-2011, 03:27 AM   #204
Mum to Belle

Just dropped my baby off for her first morning at school - how emotional???!!!!

I also popped into the office to pick up a holiday request form for our November trip! Bad Mummy!

Now the long wait until I can go & pick her up and find our if it went ok...
Old 09-12-2011, 03:46 AM   #205
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Aaaah Congrats Jenny. Bet shes having a great time! My DD started last year and now barely stops to kiss me or wave in the mornings! Shes more preoccupied with who shes walking up with (theres a looooong drive up to her school and she walks with her friends or cousins and wave from the top)
They get big so quickly. Its scary!
Has she friends from playschool going to the same school? DD had one friend from playschool in her class and they get on so well, best friends infact!

Ive a confession - Ive never watched a full POTC film. Something always happens when I sit down to watch them! Life gets in the way for some unknown reason - maybe its just not meant to be

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:39 AM   #206
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Hope she loves her first day, Jenny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Ive a confession - Ive never watched a full POTC film. Something always happens when I sit down to watch them! Life gets in the way for some unknown reason - maybe its just not meant to be
POTC4 arrived on Saturday so I've spent the whole weekend having a piratefest - I watched them all!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:00 AM   #207
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Hope she enjoys her 1st day Jenny

My nephew started last week, on the 1st day he only went in for a hour. The next day he cried when he went to take his older sister to school as he wanted to go all day even though he is afternoons at the moment

He also told the teacher on the 1st day he is not there to do painting etc he is there to make friends

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:08 AM   #208
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
He also told the teacher on the 1st day he is not there to do painting etc he is there to make friends

Lol that is so cute!!

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:09 AM   #209
Laura678
Mouseketeer

Hi!

I need somewhere to explode!! I don't know how much longer I can keep my January trip a secret from my soon-to-be step brother (my dad is marrying his mother on Friday... Cannot wait! We have a castle hired in Galway for 3 nights! have to go buy my shoes today!!)

Anyway I am finding it really hard to keep the secret from him! He is 10 (11 on Sunday) and myself and my bf aren't telling him that he is going to DLP on Jan 2nd with us and my 17 year old brother until Christmas morning!

But I am so so so excited!!! I think I need to distance myself from Disney and then perhaps I wont feel as excited... But I doubt that will happen

What do you guys do to try keep the secret as long as possible??? I havent even told him that myself and my bf are going in January... We have gone the last 2 Januarys too. Maybe if I let it slip that me and my bf are going again then i will be able to talk about Disney without actually telling him we are going.

But then again it would probably be better not to say a word!

If only I could forget about the trip for 3 months

DL: 1998, 2005 GCH
Laura678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #210
Mum to Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Aaaah Congrats Jenny. Bet shes having a great time! Has she friends from playschool going to the same school? DD had one friend from playschool in her class and they get on so well, best friends infact!
Thanks! She knows a few children from pre-school, only boys in her class though which is a shame. She did have a lovely time and is looking forward to going again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Hope she loves her first day, Jenny.

POTC4 arrived on Saturday so I've spent the whole weekend having a piratefest - I watched them all!
Thanks! Sounds like a perfect weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
Hope she enjoys her 1st day Jenny

My nephew started last week, on the 1st day he only went in for a hour. The next day he cried when he went to take his older sister to school as he wanted to go all day even though he is afternoons at the moment

Brilliant!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: