Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2014, 10:06 AM   #1
Yorkieal
Planning something magical...

Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre

Bit off topic but hoping you guys can help;

As mentioned in my other proposal thread, am pretty sure I'm going to throw a visit to the Lyceum Theatre into the mix for the Saturday night (before we go to DLP on Sunday morning). Can folk who've been and seen the show before inform me of the following;

1) Evening performance 'starts' at 7.30pm, is this actually the case? Or is it like the cinema nowadays where it states 7.30 but actually starts about 35 minutes later? More to the point, what time should we arrive on the night so we're not rushing around?

2) We'll be collecting tickets from the Box Office on the day. I read somewhere that it's best to pop up during the afternoon as the ques on the evening are huge, is this correct?

3) Can we smuggle in our own food? Given how much the trip is costing I don't fancy paying £xx for some shoddy snacks. On the same note, can you take boozy drinks from the bar into the auditorium?

4) Prices seem to be cheapest on Lastminute.com but is still pricing £38 for the lowest price ticket. There's three different price brackets for the Grand Circle (area furthest from the stage) varying about £30. Would it be worth paying the extra to be in the first few rows of that area or sticking to the cheapest right towards the back?

Cheers guys!
Old 09-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #2
disneynat79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkieal View Post
Bit off topic but hoping you guys can help;

As mentioned in my other proposal thread, am pretty sure I'm going to throw a visit to the Lyceum Theatre into the mix for the Saturday night (before we go to DLP on Sunday morning). Can folk who've been and seen the show before inform me of the following;

1) Evening performance 'starts' at 7.30pm, is this actually the case? Or is it like the cinema nowadays where it states 7.30 but actually starts about 35 minutes later? More to the point, what time should we arrive on the night so we're not rushing around?

2) We'll be collecting tickets from the Box Office on the day. I read somewhere that it's best to pop up during the afternoon as the ques on the evening are huge, is this correct?

3) Can we smuggle in our own food? Given how much the trip is costing I don't fancy paying £xx for some shoddy snacks. On the same note, can you take boozy drinks from the bar into the auditorium?

4) Prices seem to be cheapest on Lastminute.com but is still pricing £38 for the lowest price ticket. There's three different price brackets for the Grand Circle (area furthest from the stage) varying about £30. Would it be worth paying the extra to be in the first few rows of that area or sticking to the cheapest right towards the back?

Cheers guys!
Hi there!

1) Yes it will start at 7.30pm - I've rarely known a show to start more than 5 mins late.

2) I would pick up the tickets in advance if you can!

3) It's not essential to buy the theatre snacks, they don't frown upon people taking their own.

4) Not sure!

Good luck!
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2014, 03:12 PM   #3
Charlotea
Mouseketeer

Have you heard of the website theatremonkey? It is amazing for giving you advice for which seats are good/bad. It has a colour coded seating plan to show which seats are good value for money, plus reviews on individual seats from people who've seen the show. 😊

Charlotea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #4
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Theatremonkey is great for advice, also check out Seatplan but as it's a newer site I'd be looking at Theatremonkey first.

I'd also collect the tickets earlier in the day to avoid queueing on the night and I'd be looking at arriving no later than 7pm for a 7:30pm show.

Yes, you can take drinks from the bar in to the auditorium but I rarely bother, not only are they vastly overpriced but there's nowhere to put them apart from the floor and I like to have my hands free to clap.

We saw the Lion King in London a few years ago and saw the touring one in Southampton last week - fantastic.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: