Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2014, 06:34 AM   #1
CityBlue
Nemo's Best Friend

February or May/June??

I was thinking of going to DLP end of May/beginning of June next year, but looking online I can get some good offers if I go February half term (has to be school hols unfortunately). What is DLP like around that time and what time does the park open until? Would there be anything going on such as lighting up the castle in the evening etc?

Thanks.
CityBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:52 AM   #2
Lisa_C
Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBlue
I was thinking of going to DLP end of May/beginning of June next year, but looking online I can get some good offers if I go February half term (has to be school hols unfortunately). What is DLP like around that time and what time does the park open until? Would there be anything going on such as lighting up the castle in the evening etc?

Thanks.
February half term this year was fantastic.lov The weather was not cold (we were preparing for our feet to freeze, frizen snot etc) but we were able to just put jumpers on in some days when it wasn't raining!
There is no Castle lighting (there hasn't been for a few years now) but Dreams will be on. Lots of characters will be out though!
Past park hours have been 10pm closing, with the Studios at 7pm.
We got a great deal in the Sequoia for 8 nights, we have annual passes so just booked for one person and enjoyed the hotel perks

loving me a Pirate
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2014, 07:31 AM   #3
CityBlue
Nemo's Best Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_C View Post
February half term this year was fantastic.lov The weather was not cold (we were preparing for our feet to freeze, frizen snot etc) but we were able to just put jumpers on in some days when it wasn't raining!
There is no Castle lighting (there hasn't been for a few years now) but Dreams will be on. Lots of characters will be out though!
Past park hours have been 10pm closing, with the Studios at 7pm.
We got a great deal in the Sequoia for 8 nights, we have annual passes so just booked for one person and enjoyed the hotel perks
Thanks - I know the weather probably won't be great but who goes for the weather anyway?? Does the park really stay open that late early in the season?

Am thinking of staying in Sequoia Lodge or Cheyenne - have stayed in Cheyenne before and really liked it.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:54 AM   #4
squiggly2902
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBlue View Post
I was thinking of going to DLP end of May/beginning of June next year, but looking online I can get some good offers if I go February half term (has to be school hols unfortunately). What is DLP like around that time and what time does the park open until? Would there be anything going on such as lighting up the castle in the evening etc? Thanks.
We always go during school hols,went feb half term in 2012 and it was freezing (dry though) luckily we were prepared for it with thermals. The park closed early 8pm I think. We went May half term last year and park was open until 10pm, weather was hit & miss had cold , rain and hot sun all in one day! We've just got back from our latest trip, park closed at 9 pm and weather was lovely, warm and sunny all week.
squiggly2902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #5
CityBlue
Nemo's Best Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggly2902 View Post
We always go during school hols,went feb half term in 2012 and it was freezing (dry though) luckily we were prepared for it with thermals. The park closed early 8pm I think. We went May half term last year and park was open until 10pm, weather was hit & miss had cold , rain and hot sun all in one day! We've just got back from our latest trip, park closed at 9 pm and weather was lovely, warm and sunny all week.
So having been both Feb and May school hols - which would you recommend? Are some things closed Feb for refurbishment etc as it is quite early in the season? Is there anything special going on the Park when it is open until 10pm (i.e. extra parade or show) or is it just a late closing?

Thanks
Old 04-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #6
MummyMinnie
Mouseketeer

Hi we're going again this May half term, third time going that time of year. Apart from going for Halloween and Christmas May half term is now our preferred time of year to go. It's generally warm/hot and definitely not as busy as going in August. We tend to go for at least 5 days so can pace ourselves and (so far) have always managed to do everything and more than we planned. Can't help with on site pricing as now the children are older we always stay offsite and have annual passes.

Enjoy the planning.
August 2008 - Citea Magny le Hongre
January 2009 - Santa Fe
July 2009 - Kyriad

January 2010 - Santa Fe

October 2010 (Halloweeeeen) - Kyriad
April 2011 Explorers / Santa Fe
June 2012 - Chanteloup on Brie/Explorers
August 2012 - Serris apartments

May 2013 - Explorers
MummyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #7
squiggly2902
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So having been both Feb and May school hols - which would you recommend? Are some things closed Feb for refurbishment etc as it is quite early in the season? Is there anything special going on the Park when it is open until 10pm (i.e. extra parade or show) or is it just a late closing? Thanks
I don't have a preference over the 2, feb half term in 2012 included valentines day and there was a special descent of the stairs, it was slightly quieter than in May but there isn't anything extra in May in terms of parades /shows. Parade is at 5.30 and dreams is at park closure. Feb was easier with the kids as they had earlier nights so were less tired with the 6.30 alarm for EMH.
squiggly2902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:03 AM   #8
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
So having been both Feb and May school hols - which would you recommend? Are some things closed Feb for refurbishment etc as it is quite early in the season? Is there anything special going on the Park when it is open until 10pm (i.e. extra parade or show) or is it just a late closing?

Thanks
I definitely have a preference out of those 2 months, its definitely May/June for me. I have done 2 Feb half terms,last one was 2013, and I won't do it again - I won't do Jan-March to be honest. The parks are closed earlier, and the weather can be very changeable (we were very cold in Feb 2013, and in March 2011 to be honest). Jan-March is main refurb season at DLP.
There are generally less rides closed in May/June, and you stand a better chance of more restaurants being open too, as extra staff are rostered from the end of April each year to September I believe. As long as there are no French school holidays or main public holidays in your May/June half term 2015, I'd do that instead of Feb half term. I have older kids so May/June 11.30 closes (after Dreams) was great for us, we didn't need to do EMH at all and we took breaks back at our hotel every day in the afternoon.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: