Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #31
Buzzguy
Earning My Ears

Here's another pano shot with my pen. The full size of this one is huge 100MP+ IIRC.

Grand Central Terminal by Scott Future, on Flickr

I love my Pen. I have the panasonic 20mm and the Olympus 14-150mm and it's my goto camera, and my E3 only comes out when I need something specific from it the the Pen isn't good at or can't provide.

Last edited by Buzzguy; 05-15-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Buzzguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #32
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzguy View Post
I love my Pen. I have the panasonic 20mm and the Olympus 14-150mm and it's my goto camera, and my E3 only comes out when I need something specific from it the the Pen isn't good ant our can't provide.
Can you give an example of what something like that might be? Beautiful shots, btw.

Lynn, how do you like your PEN?

I'd still like to get one.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #33
JoeDif
DIS Veteran

Awesome shots Scott!!

My SmugMug

Objects in this post are closer than they appear
JoeDif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #34
Buzzguy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
Can you give an example of what something like that might be? Beautiful shots, btw.

Things that the Pen can't provide or I prefer the E3 for

More robust body (e-3 is built like a tank, and sealed versus dust/splashing water)
More fps 5 vs 3 with a larger buffer that clears faster with the CF card
Faster AF (standard slr af vs the pen's phase system)
Better studio settings with tilt lcd screen and flash port
Better lenses (I have the 7-14, 12-60, 50-200, the extension tube, and lens baby)
Built in flash with use of the Olympus wireless system. I also prefer using the e3 when I use my rf flash triggers
Anything that involves a shutter release (I have the rf one and the shutter release cable on)

Pen advantages

I love the look of the camera
Size/Weight
Cover most things with the 14-150 when travelling
20 mm 1.7 has a bigger f stop than anything I have for e3 (I used this lens exclusively on my NYC trip)
HD video
Works great with my Gorillapod

Things I thought of off the top of my head.

Christmas drops by Scott Future, on Flickr
Old 05-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #35
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Things that the Pen can't provide or I prefer the E3 for

More robust body (e-3 is built like a tank, and sealed versus dust/splashing water)
More fps 5 vs 3 with a larger buffer that clears faster with the CF card
Faster AF (standard slr af vs the pen's phase system)
Better studio settings with tilt lcd screen and flash port
Better lenses (I have the 7-14, 12-60, 50-200, the extension tube, and lens baby)
Built in flash with use of the Olympus wireless system. I also prefer using the e3 when I use my rf flash triggers
Anything that involves a shutter release (I have the rf one and the shutter release cable on)

Pen advantages

I love the look of the camera
Size/Weight
Cover most things with the 14-150 when travelling
20 mm 1.7 has a bigger f stop than anything I have for e3 (I used this lens exclusively on my NYC trip)
HD video
Works great with my Gorillapod

Things I thought of off the top of my head.
Thank you. You are working it beautifully!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Old 05-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #36
JoeDif
DIS Veteran

Another Longwood Gardens Flower

My SmugMug

Objects in this post are closer than they appear
JoeDif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #37
Pugrpooh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDif View Post
Another Longwood Gardens Flower

Beautiful Joe! The flower looks like it's sculpted, if that makes any sense. Like it's porcelain. I like it on the black background too.

Quote:
Buzzguy, can't wait to see your PEN pics (can't see them!). How do you like it?

Lynn, great shots! Love the perspective you had at the Falls. You must have stayed on the Canadian side in one of the hotels right there? I also love the teeth on the Kentucky Derby winner. How did you get so close? Is that the norm there? I can post a few of my Niagara shots as well. .
We stayed at the Hilton, the first two nights on the 32nd floor. Then the next two nights they were running a special so we were able to upgrade to a 2-BR suite on the 48th floor for just $17 per night more! I attached the Gorillapod to a chair right in front of the window and took tons of shots!

I wish I could get that close to the Derby winner! Those pics were from July 3rd last year. On a regular race day, you can spend $25-30 to sit on Millionaire's Row, have a great buffet lunch, sit in air-conditioned comfort and, if the boxes are unoccupied, go down right on the rail to watch the races. Or to the paddock or practically anywhere else throughout the clubhouse.

That horse did win his race and was being cooled down in the winner's "circle" that they use for most every other race besides the Derby and Oaks. Here is a picture of it. The other horses get cooled down with buckets of water on the track. The temperature that day climbed into the mid-90's.

Pugrpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #38
Pugrpooh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here's another pano shot with my pen. The full size of this one is huge 100MP+ IIRC.

Grand Central Terminal by Scott Future, on Flickr

I love my Pen. I have the panasonic 20mm and the Olympus 14-150mm and it's my goto camera, and my E3 only comes out when I need something specific from it the the Pen isn't good at or can't provide.
That's very nice Buzzguy, as is your other pano you posted. What program do you use to stitch them together? I have done some in PSE7 that I think turned out well.

Here are three of my favorites. The one of Mt. McKinley I had printed on canvas and it's 14" x 60".

Old 05-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #39
Pugrpooh
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I like my PEN well enough, Linda. I've been thinking of posting my thoughts on it and some pictures. Today I did comparison shots (nothing that would pass muster on dpreview) of my grandson using the E-PL2 with the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 and the E-600 with both the 50mm and the 12-60. I haven't put them on my computer yet though. But the E-PL2 has the dramatic tone filter!

It's the only camera I took to London with me and here are some shots I like using this filter.

Windsor Castle

Tower Bridge from the Tower of London

Salisbury Cathedral

Stonehenge

The London Eye

Old 05-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #40
Buzzguy
Earning My Ears

I use photoshop cs5's automerge to make the panoramas. It usually works really good though the grand central one was a lot of work after. Too many people moving, it had some visible seams, blending issues, but I think the end was worth it.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:12 PM   #41
Mr.MouseFan
Is a line cutter
The TF knows who you are!
Performs random acts of kindness

Truly amazing photos everyone!!

Here are a measly couple of mine..LOL

'11 Port Orleans Riverside
'12 Art of Animation
'07 '09 '14 - Disneyland
Mr.MouseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #42
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Old 05-17-2011, 11:10 PM   #43
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Lynn, I know someone who's into horses who's mare just had a foal. She invited me to come take some pics of them after I mentioned your Kentucky Derby pictures! So I'm going to try to get over there soon. The weather here has been so awful it's been challenging to get new material!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:15 AM   #44
Pugrpooh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lynn, I know someone who's into horses who's mare just had a foal. She invited me to come take some pics of them after I mentioned your Kentucky Derby pictures! So I'm going to try to get over there soon. The weather here has been so awful it's been challenging to get new material!
Linda, I wish I had the clout and the money to get that close to a Derby winner! But as I mentioned in the previous post, those pics were from last July.

That should be fun with the mare and her foal. We're going to Shakertown on Memorial Day weekend and they have had 10 lambs born this spring so far. Looking forward to it. I know what you mean about the weather. We had the coldest May 17th on record yesterday and the rain didn't help any. We don't need any more of this!

This is a field, not the river.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #45
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

The weather here has been awful, too. I'll post some foggy harbor pics shortly.

But I thought I'd post this guy whom I came across yesterday - until I can get out to see the foal.

E30 50-200

Also, meet the newest addition to our family, Remy.

E30 50-200

(Gus, the hamster in the OP - and one of my favorite subjects to shoot - sadly, passed away this week.)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: