Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #151
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Chapter 7 – Day-4

- Part 10: Something for Momma

After dinner we were faced with another choice. Stay for Imuminations or head back to “America” and catch the bus to POR. This decision was based on two things. First: we’d seen Iluminations many times, and second: all three of us we in possession of seriously tired and achy feet. This trip was not long enough to work in a couple of days off lounging around the resort, so after four straight days of continuous trudging we’d really pushed our appendages a bit past their breaking points. Time to head back to the north.

When we got back into future world, we decided to make one more stop for the day. Since we were coming back here tomorrow, and that also meant that we weren’t likely to get back over to Downtown Disney before we left for home, then we might as well duck into Mouse Gear to do a little bit of souvenir acquisition.

As we were poking around my boy came over to me and said that He’d spied something that we wanted to get for his mother as a Christmas present. This is important because it’s a first. Not the first time he’d ever bought a present for his mother… the first time it was an independent choice to do so and was based on something that he specifically hunted down, thought she’d like to have and that he’d like to give to her. Intrigued, I asked what he had in mind. He said that he’d found something that would fit perfectly into her craft room and that if I’d tag along he’d show me this little bobble. Most Disney folks usually have at least one spot within their houses that is heavily influenced by WDW in terms of décor… we have one of these Disney shrines in our humble abode. Tamara’s craft-room/work-room/sanctuary is chock full of prints, hangings, photographs, trinkets and keepsakes that we’ve all collected up over our travels ‘On World” and on the waves.

Here’s a sample of what all’s going on up there…

There were and are many types of Disnyana and other paraphernalia within the confines of this living space, but one thing that it lacked at the time was a clock. My son had determined that this oversight needed to be rectified and done so in the proper manner. Obviously, just any clock wouldn’t do. What he’d found was a classic designed Minnie Mouse Alarm Clock.

This one right here:

Now, Max didn’t have any cash on him at the time so I needed to complete the transaction for him. I told him to keep his momma busy and I’d be happy to help out. Afterward Tamara asked me what we were up to. I said: “We? Up to? What makes you think that either of the guys in your world is actually smart enough to be ‘up to’ anything?” She then pointed out that Max had asked her to help him look around the clothing section of the store to see if they could find a shirt that he might like to have. Yep… she’d busted us. Max has no more interest in shopping for cloths as he has in homework or root canals. Although she played along, she immediately knew that something was up (but I do give the boy credit for finding at least a plausible method of keeping his momma busy). I confessed that I has buying something for Max… that it was for someone standing in this store at that time… that it was a present for this person… that she would not be getting it until Christmas morning… and that there was no way you’d be finding out what it was until then. She happily let it stand there for two reasons. It was likely the truth (as I could no more lie to her as stick a hot poker into my eye), and because she knows all to well that I’m so stubborn that there was no way she’d get me to tell her any more anyway.

Time to go. Illumination was just about finished when we started for the gate…

(Thanks to mouseplanet.com)

…but we were still ahead of the masses so at least we wouldn’t be waiting three eternities for a bus. We caught the tail end of the next one, and as expected, found ourselves standing in the isles. That’s alright though as I’d certainly have given my seat up to one of the folks that were carrying young’ens like so many sacks of tatters. As we were riding back to POR and listening to the crickets chirping on the sound track, there was a younger family near me discussing how they were going to go about getting from Animal Kingdom to the Polly for their dinner reservation the next day (it was their first trip to The World). For those of y’all that have been reading along, you know that we’d made that said-same trip way back in chapter-3. So I took a moment to tell them about how we’d solved that little transportation conundrum. I also mentioned the other sites that they could get into along the way (kind’a like a verbal dry run of the chapter that I ended up writing for y’all). They we’re quite thankful for the insights and pleased to have the extra info as well. We ended up having a grand ol’ chat while the bus rocked and rolled us all back home for the evening. Day-4 was now a historical foot note. We fell into our room, did a little bit of pre-packing for tomorrow and collapsed into out beds. G’night y’all………..
Old 06-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #152
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
I don’t believe that I’m going to have to work too awfully hard to convince y’all that this is one of the most fun rides in the parks, now am I?
Nope, I'm good here.

Quote:
This attraction illustrates the good, the bad and the ugly of the Fast Pass system fairly well.
I ain’t sayin’, that Disney needs to do away with the Fast Pass. I am saying that it’s just not the panacea that it was originally intended to be.
The one part where your talk about "haves" and "have-nots" breaks down is that the FP's are available to anyone who wants one. Mostly, it hurts the people who don't plan ahead or understand the system. I think the FP system is a good thing for the most part--but then again, I know how to use it.

Quote:
…and the Outpost while making our way over to Germany. We had business to attend to here. We wanted to get a pickle. Pickle? Yep… a pickle ornament. Here’s the background. There is a “story” (actually it’s a myth but…) that there is a German tradition of hiding a pickle shaped ornament deep in the branches of the tree on Christmas Eve. The object of this being that the observant sole who first finds said pickle the next morning shall have good luck bestowed upon their personage for the coming year. My family has a German back ground, yet I’d not heard of this until recently. The reason I’d not heard of it is that it ain’t true (about it being an old tradition or even of Germanic origin for that matter). It just another marketing ploy I fear. But it’s a fun idea, and Germany is historically known for making excellent glass ornaments. As such we decided that it would be fun to have one that was actually made in Germany, bought at Disney and then hung on our tree for years to come. That way we had a number of nice memory tie-ins to a silly little tradition regardless of it questionable authenticity.
My dad actually does the pickle ornament thing with my kids every Christmas. I'd never heard of the tradition before. The way he works it is that the first one to find the pickle is the first one who gets to open a present.

Quote:
Upon arriving, we also discovered that there was a second giant gingerbread house on the property. The one at the American Adventure isn’t quite as gargantuan as the one over at the Grand, but it was still impressive.
Cool! I had no idea they built one here! Learn something new every day.

Quote:
The last time we were at EPCOT, I’d gotten a very good veggie-wrap from this pavilion and was looking forward to seeing if they still had that little item. They did, so I order it up along with everyone else’s choices for the evening and we had a seat to enjoy the meal. So what was the final verdict? Meh…
I'd say your problem started with the words "veggie wrap".

Anyway, I will agree that anytime spent at WDW looks far more interesting than your cube. No offense. And it's sweet to see your son thinking of his momma.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #153
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:

- Part 8: Zoom! Zoom?
Are you using something from a Mazda commercial to talk about a ride sponsored by GM????

Quote:
I don’t believe that I’m going to have to work too awfully hard to convince y’all that this is one of the most fun rides in the parks, now am I?
No, that'll be a pretty easy job.

I even like it better than Soarin'

Quote:
Out of the building and on to the race track... The G’s pulled on the high bank are almost as awesome as those at mission space and the final straight-a-way is just a silly fun.
My biggest complaint about this ride is the part where it shows you your speed. That number is nowhere near big enough. Let's grab another gear and get this thing moving!

Quote:
We grabbed a couple of churos and then worked you way on around through China…
The Mexico Pavillion at EPCOT... the only place I EVER eat churros.

Quote:
there was a younger family near me discussing how they were going to go about getting from Animal Kingdom to the Polly for their dinner reservation the next day (it was their first trip to The World). For those of y’all that have been reading along, you know that we’d made that said-same trip way back in chapter-3. So I took a moment to tell them about how we’d solved that little transportation conundrum. I also mentioned the other sites that they could get into along the way (kind’a like a verbal dry run of the chapter that I ended up writing for y’all). They we’re quite thankful for the insights and pleased to have the extra info as well. We ended up having a grand ol’ chat while the bus rocked and rolled us all back home for the evening.
I always appreciate those little, positive interactions with other guests and I'm sure they appreciated the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
The one part where your talk about "haves" and "have-nots" breaks down is that the FP's are available to anyone who wants one. Mostly, it hurts the people who don't plan ahead or understand the system. I think the FP system is a good thing for the most part--but then again, I know how to use it.
I do think it has it's flaws, but I have to admit, I appreciate those who don't understand it.

Quote:
That's where it started and ended.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #154
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Y’all are quick.

Quote:
Nope, I'm good here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
No, that'll be a pretty easy job.

I even like it better than Soarin'
I suspected as much.

Quote:
Quote:
I do think it has it's flaws, but I have to admit, I appreciate those who don't understand it.
Your points are well taken, but even knowing how it works won’t always help when the place is packed. That’s really the only time that the process kind’a breaks down (but I can’t think of a better solution just now). I like ‘em and use ‘em as well, and will continue to do so. I may not return during the holidays anymore, but, my son is just about done with school, so I’ll soon have considerably more options.

Quote:
My dad actually does the pickle ornament thing with my kids every Christmas. I'd never heard of the tradition before. The way he works it is that the first one to find the pickle is the first one who gets to open a present.
I like his version (especially for a sizable group of kids). The Germans general disavow any foreknowledge of the custom, but since it has been ascribed to them, they aren’t foolish enough to look that gift horse in the mouth. There was one entire wall of their ornament shop that was covered from toe rail to crown mold with pickles of every type, size and configuration imaginable.

Quote:
Cool! I had no idea they built one here! Learn something new every day.
Surprised us as well. I like when they do that (and Disney surprises us often)

Quote:
Quote:
That's where it started and ended.

I must confess that y’all are almost certainly correct.
From now on the mantra will be: “Meat… Meat… Meat… Meat…”

Quote:
Are you using something from a Mazda commercial to talk about a ride sponsored by GM????

Guilty as charged (it suited the moment, so what the heck)

Quote:
My biggest complaint about this ride is the part where it shows you your speed. That number is nowhere near big enough. Let's grab another gear and get this thing moving!
I’m with ya’. Who do we have to contact to make that happen?

Quote:
The Mexico Pavillion at EPCOT... the only place I EVER eat churros.
Good choice.

Quote:
I always appreciate those little, positive interactions with other guests and I'm sure they appreciated the help!
It’s good when you can help someone out. I know I like to get a good inside tip or learn from other’s experiences.

Quote:
And it's sweet to see your son thinking of his momma.
I’m tryin’ to learn him.
That was one of those great moments where you see that flicker of the man he’s becoming. Makes you proud.

Quote:
Anyway, I will agree that anytime spent at WDW looks far more interesting than your cube. No offense.
None taken… It looks exactly like the prison cell that it is.
It ain’t no wonder I spend so much time dreaming of Disney

And speaking of Disney Dream… Three more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes; 06-22-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #155
NOLAdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"]Chapter 7 – Day-4

Max has no more interest in shopping for cloths as he has in homework or root canals.

……..

Great update, by the way..
November 2008 - Caribbean Beach
November 2010 - Caribbean Beach
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Halloween 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2014 - First Deluxe Stay - Beach Club!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #156
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAdisneymom View Post

Great update, by the way..
Thanks!
Honestly I’m almost having too much fun writing this up. I’m looking forward to writing a TR for the trip we’re starting in a couple of days almost as much as I am tickled silly to be going in the first place.

Now, If only I could figure out how to get someone to pay me for this nonsense.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #157
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Chapter 8 – Day-5

- Part 1: A Riverside Retrospective

I was up early the next morning. I had begun to miss my own bed at home and some where a bit before sunrise my back sent a ransom notice up toward the brain. Now I didn’t actually see this note, but I know it was written in blood and I’m pretty sure it read something like: “I am now in control… Pain will be the weapon of choice… I will continue to apply said weapon with increasing intensity to all other areas of the body unless you immediately acquiesce to my demands for applied vertical positioning! There will be no deviation form this demand or farther discussion on this subject!!!!” My brain got the message and relented to the demands. I know you’re not supposed to negotiate with terrorists, but my back really did have both the upper hand and the moral high ground going for it in this situation.

Being as I was up… I decided to head on over to the dinning hall to pick up that morning’s beverages and have one last chance at snapping some pictures of the grounds. Unlike yesterday… I remembered to carry the camera around with me and also remembered to put it to use. The upshot of this is that you now have pictures to draw your attention away from my belabored attempts at prose. The down shot is that you now have to endure more of my mangled excuses for photography. So let the mangling begin…

A few predawn shots around the Acadian House

A couple of shot toward Fulton's & the Dinning Hall from “Ol' Man Island”

Around the lobby area

Boatwright's

More of the main common areas

Over toward Alligator Bayou

The main pool

A bit more of the Acadian House

The fountain in the daylight

A shot back toward our room (ground floor- third window left of the grand staircase)

When I got back, every one else was stirring, so I handed out the hot drinks and started loading cases and bags into the car. It’s about this time that my real world decided to intrude on my vacationing world. This assault took the form of a phone call from one of my fellow “associates” back at the office. Before we left on this expedition, I had set up a few automated processes to ensure that all the data required for budgeting and day to day number crunching would be available each morning and would also be recalculated and available daily after lunch. But… It seems that some minor changes were made to the numbers by one of the plant engineers that morning after the automated run. The controller wasn’t going to be there after lunch, and they really wanted me to go ahead and rerun a couple of the processes sooner (even though no one was going to be there tomorrow because it was Christmas Eve… or be there the next day for obvious reasons… of the entire following weekend for additionally obvious reasons… and they really weren’t actually finished with the calculations… and they would be making additional changes later on that morning so even these weren’t final… and they really didn’t plan to do any serious analysis until after New Year’s ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!)

**Deep breath… count to ten…**

Me: “OK”, I can do this for you but I need to pay for an internet hook up and it will probably take about an hour or better before I can get in there and get it back to you.”

Them: “Why will it take that long, don’t you have a laptop at home?”

Me: “Yes, but I’m not at home so I need to get hooked up first and then start up on the possessing.”

Them: “You’re not at home… Where are you?”

Me: “Orlando…”

Them: “Oh lord, I didn’t know that. Never mind I don’t really need it that bad… it can wait.”

Sanity wins out…
Old 06-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #158
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Chapter 8 – Day-5

- Part 2: We’ll still be here…

Now that Id been re-given permission to actually be on vacation and use my time as I saw fit, I finished packing up the car. We did a collective “idiot check” of the room to ensure that we hadn’t forgotten anything and then bid a fond but misty fare-the-well to Port Orleans Riverside. As we would be heading home later on, we decided to make use of the “AT” system (Alternate Transportation). Namely… our car. We had no problem at all returning to EPCOT that morning…

…and had only a short walk from the car to the gate. Somewhere between the bag check and the card readers, Tamara announced: “I’m Sad.” (And you really need to experience the absolutely adorable and almost heart breaking “little-girl-pout” that went along with this pronouncement to get the true effect that it had on me). Concerned and taken aback I inquired as to what was wrong. She confided to not being ready for the trip to be over so soon and wanted to stay longer. Before I could attempt to console her, one of the CMs working the gate overheard this exchange and quickly chimed in: “We’ll still be here!” It was almost as if she’d reach out and hugged us.

That broke through the momentary bout of melancholy and we all laughed. But facts are facts. It was still our last day on property (and only a partial one at that) so we needed to make the best of it.

Futureworld opened at 9:00 and we were there shortly after that. Once through the turnstiles, we took the walk down toward the core and on over to the land pavilion to see if we could catch Sorin’ one last time. We were greeted by visions of disappointment. It was only twenty minutes after rope drop, yet the stand-by was already 90 minutes and the passes were returning in the afternoon. That just wasn’t going to work. Well no matter. We were here for a different purpose entirely so this would just have to be a day without rides.

Whoa! Someone call 911… I think all my readers just fainted!

It is possible to travel to Disney, and not get on an attraction (it’s just that few folks will consider it). We were considering it today, but I’ve since learned something that might have changed things a bit. If you miss your window for a Fast Pass, you can still come back later and they’ll generally allow you into the queue (so long as you still have the passes and they are for the same day). Had I known that, I’d have picked up those afternoon passes for Sorin’ and hit it on the way back to the car just before we left for home. It would have been a perfect closer to the day. Without that info however, I wasn’t sure that we could make the one-hour return window without fouling up the rest of our plans (which is what had happened yesterday). Live and learn. I’ll do that one better the next time (and just maybe one or two of y’all will now be spared the prospect of making that same error).
Old 06-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #159
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Chapter 8 – Day-5

- Part 3: One little Ride

In truth… we would catch one ride this day (well it’s more of a giant video game, but close enough). We headed over to Inoventions West where we’d seen something new the day before. The name of this “something” is “The Sum of all Thrills”.

This is a cross between the “edutainment” that is prevalent throughout this section of the park and a motion simulator. It’s also the first “ride” to make an appearance in the Inventions area of EPCOT. “Sum” was developed by Disney in partnership with Raytheon and allows you to apply basic math skills while getting an engineering demonstration. The premise is that you’re designing your own thrill ride, but the prize is that you ultimately get to experience you’re handy work.

As “Associate Engineers” you are assigned to a touch screen station where you are invited to design their own adventure in the form of either a rollercoaster, a bob-sled track or a jet flight routine. You are given basic virtual tools and are asked to put together this hypothetical attraction by adding different elements. As you build the prototype by linking up various corkscrews maneuvers, stomach-churning drops and hard abrupt turns, the mathematical formulas for velocity, force and acceleration are also displayed on the screen. You get to run simulations of each element and are shown the potential results of making faulty calculations. Once you’ve completed your masterpiece, it is stored into the memory of one of several robotic simulators and then they strap you in and send you on your way. Tamara decided to let the boys tackle this one and tried to take a few pictures while we were being tossed around like so much wet laundry in a spin cycle.

Max and I had designed a flight routine for a fighter jet that was performing its maneuvers in a southwestern canyon environment. The result was very cool to say the least and I’ll highly recommend this mini attraction to anyone that has a little extra time.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #160
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Howdy Folks!

I’ve been AWOL for a little while. We headed out on our latest Disney Adventure a couple of weekends ago (and a good time was had by all I assure you). Now that we’re back home there have been a lot of things that just needed to be taken care of before I could get back around to finishing up this TR. I hope to be able to complete this thread by next weekend and get started on a next one, but we’ll se how that goes. I’ll put up the next couple of installments from the last day of out Christmas adventure in the next post or two, but in the mean time…

Here’s a little teaser of the new TR that will be assaulting the boards in the near future.

Bonus Feature 4: The Preview

***screen fades to black… ominous music begins… voice over commences***

“In a world… where mice and ducks are in command… where roller coasters are no longer physically tied down to one spot on the map… where sea turtles interrogate human captives… where even the pictures on the walls will move and change on a whim… three bewildered travelers will embark on a strange journey… before it all over… they will be seeing double…"

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes Productions Ltd. presents:

Experiment-627: A Caribbean double with a Wilderness chaser (Summer 2011)

… coming to a DisBoard near you.

I hope some of y’all will join me on that tip as well. Now then… Where was I before I so rudely interrupted you?
Old 07-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #161
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Chapter 8 – Day-5

- Part 4: O Canada

After that little flight of fancy, we started off toward the World Showcase. As it was still a bit before the official starting gun and we weren’t in a hurry, so a few pictures got snapped along the way (which mean that you now have to endure them).

Firstly… here’s a couple of shots of me and my lovely. She thinks that I look better in one of them and that she looks better in the other, so you get two to choose from. Truth be told, neither of us very much like the way we turn out in photos, so these are actually a pretty rare commodity.

Epcot’s main tree

A few shots of the various pavilions across the lagoon

And from the other side of the water looking back at Spaceship Earth

The real mission for today was to catch at least a couple of the storytellers taking part in EPCOT’s annual “Holidays around the World” presentation. We’d loved to have caught all of them but a couple of thing stood in the way of that goal. First, the World Showcase doesn’t open until later in the morning. Second, we needed to get on the road by about 2-ish or so (if we wanted to have any chance at making it back home some time before O-Dark-Thirty). As such the plan was to walk the WS from one side to the other and stop the listen to any of the stories that were going to be starting up anywhere near the time that we happened to be in that particular pavilion. If the wait was more then about a quarter hour, we’d likely have to come back and catch that one anther time. Now that a master plan had been devised, we started on the west side of the Showcase and rolled into Canada about 10 minutes before the first show.

A couple of CMs were setting up the final props for Poppa Noel’s visit. A moment or two later and we heard a thunderous voice bellowing out “Merry Christmas... Merry Christmas one and all…” Up the walkway came a bewhiskered woodsman. He had a double edged ax resting on his shoulder and continued to holler out joyful salutations as he strode up to the little stage. This jolly fellow greeted all the folks that had gathered around and then started relating his recollections of Canadian holiday traditions. As he talked and entertained comments and questions form the kids (because we all know they can’t keep quite long enough to hear a good story), our lumberjack began his transformation.

He had a seat and pulled off his work boots. While doing so he talked about the diverse cultures in Canada and how they each had their own take on the holidays. He noted that some folks followed similar traditions as those in the States except that a fair number of people referred to Santa as “le Pere Noel” or “Poppa Noel”.

As he began the process of polishing and pulling on a pair of black fur trimmed boots, he talked about the more uniquely Canadian elements of the season such as the Belsnickles”. These devilish creatures do the work of determining which children have been “naughty or nice” and are known to enter the homes of the more unruly boys and girls and cause great mischief.

While pulling on a pair of gloves he related how folks in Quebec, would celebrate “le Reveillon”. This is a sumptuous traditional French dinner served after Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. Then he picked up a long walking staff and imparted on us the tail if the “Naluyuks”.

These mysterious creatures are known to visit Canada’s Inuit children and will pound sticks on the floor before questioning the kids about their behavior. The youngsters must answer truthfully and sing Christmas carols to satisfy their visitors who will then open special gift bags full of presents.

At this point our storyteller slipped on a red and fur trimmed overcoat and related that most of Canada celebrates Boxing Day on December 26. This honors the ancient English tradition of giving filled Christmas boxes to the poor as well as to servants and tradesmen for their help during the year. With the transformation now nearly complete, our woodsman picked up a fur trimmed cap and placed it over top of his walking staff.

As he did so, he asked the crowd if they believed in “Pere Noel”. The kids all shrieked back in approval, and he said: “Good… I do as well, but I’ve never actually seen him myself you know…”

Last edited by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes; 07-07-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #162
jamiesmom07
Mouseketeer

AWESOME, as usual, loving the tr!
Nov.25-Dec.3 2011 - POFQ
April 2010 - POR
April 2003 - All Star Movies
Old 07-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #163
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Howdy Folks!
Howdy!

Quote:
Experiment-627: A Caribbean double with a Wilderness chaser (Summer 2011)
Can't wait to read about it!

Quote:

Part 4: O Canada
Coincidentally I think the title of this portion of your TR is also trying to become the main topic of the DIS Dad's podcast thread.

Quote:
As he did so, he asked the crowd if they believed in “Pere Noel”. The kids all shrieked back in approval, and he said: “Good… I do as well, but I’ve never actually seen him myself you know…”
Cool story! I'm hoping to get to catch a few when we're down there. Look forward to seeing what other countries you got to visit.

Last edited by afwdwfan; 07-07-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #164
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Looks like I have quite a bit to catch up on here.

First of all, thanks for the little pre-dawn tour of POR. That's been our resort of choice for the last 2 trips, and it really feels like home to me. Beautiful grounds.

Sorry you missed out on Soarin' again. If I had known you didn't know about the FP return time thing, I'd have told you! If there's something else that you don't know that I might know so that if you know you won't make the same mistake had you not known, just let me know. You know?

Love the Canada storyteller. That sounds like a cool way to relate the story. I'm sure the kids ate it up.

Can't wait to hear about your cruise! 2 stops at CC and a bonus stay at WL sounds pretty close to heaven to me.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #165
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesmom07 View Post
AWESOME, as usual, loving the tr!
Thanks. I must say that I’m slightly embarrassed. I’m not quite used to have words like “awesome” associated with anything I’ve bothered to put into print. Either I’ve found my audience, or y’all have just gone plain nuts. Either way, I’ll be continuing on so stay tuned and thanks for following along.

Quote:
Howdy!
Back at ya!

Quote:
Can't wait to read about it!
Cool! I’ll have at least one reader then. I hope to start up on the new one pretty soon.

Quote:
Coincidentally I think the title of this portion of your TR is also trying to become the main topic of the DIS Dad's podcast thread.
I haven’t listened to the last couple of pod-casts yet, but now you’ve got me curious.

Quote:
Cool story! I'm hoping to get to catch a few when we're down there. Look forward to seeing what other countries you got to visit.
All the stories that I got to hear were really well done. There were still a number that we missed, but I’m going to try to include at least a synopsis of the story lines where possible.

Quote:
Looks like I have quite a bit to catch up on here.

First of all, thanks for the little pre-dawn tour of POR. That's been our resort of choice for the last 2 trips, and it really feels like home to me. Beautiful grounds.
You’re welcome. This was our first stay at that particular resort and I must agree that it’s one of the most beautifully maintained grounds I’ve encountered.

Quote:
Sorry you missed out on Soarin' again. If I had known you didn't know about the FP return time thing, I'd have told you! If there's something else that you don't know that I might know so that if you know you won't make the same mistake had you not known, just let me know. You know?

I’ll try to think of all the other things that I don’t know and get back to you.

Quote:
Love the Canada storyteller. That sounds like a cool way to relate the story. I'm sure the kids ate it up.
The kids loved it. All the folks we encountered were pretty good at spinning a yarn. They are defiantly worth the effort to catch if you down there during the holidays.

Quote:
Can't wait to hear about your cruise! 2 stops at CC and a bonus stay at WL sounds pretty close to heaven to me.
That just about describes it.
We were on a very different pace during that trip as opposed to the one I’m writing about here.

Speaking of which, it’s time for a couple more chunks of that story, so here goes…

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: