Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #31
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran
 
CanadianWDWfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,069

Ahhh the POLY would be on my list too! But it's Beach Club that is my dream resort!

I had a 40% off pin code and let it slip away....hope it won't be my only chance.

...I'm a POLY pretender too! MeMom you make me laugh!
It sure would be nice to swim in the pool and not have the long trek back to POP after the fireworks if we were true guests.
And all the dole whips I could want!

One day it will happen for us!

Declansdad it's very cool you got an upgrade!

We have stayed at ASMovies, ASSports and POP.
Lexi really wants to stay at ASMusic but after POP, I don't want to stay anywhere else.

Can't wait for the update.
__________________
CanadianWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #32
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,207

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I sure do!
Can you let somebody in Disney World know that?
Until then, we'll just be Poly pretenders. We'll go to eat and shop and sit on the beach as if it belonged to us. We're eating at 'Ohana on Fourth of July and then going out to meet with some people who really are staying there to watch fireworks. After the fun, we'll be finding our way in the huge crowd back to the Pop bus stop to get back 'home'.

Happy Friday Dad, Ma, and Declan! Hope you guys have a nice weekend.

Maybe we will catch you on someone's webcam at the Poly again.

Hope you all have a great weekend as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Ahhh the POLY would be on my list too! But it's Beach Club that is my dream resort!

I had a 40% off pin code and let it slip away....hope it won't be my only chance.

...I'm a POLY pretender too! MeMom you make me laugh!
It sure would be nice to swim in the pool and not have the long trek back to POP after the fireworks if we were true guests.
And all the dole whips I could want!

One day it will happen for us!

Declansdad it's very cool you got an upgrade!

We have stayed at ASMovies, ASSports and POP.
Lexi really wants to stay at ASMusic but after POP, I don't want to stay anywhere else.

Can't wait for the update.
I agree with you, POP is my favourite unfortunately not everyone else feels the same and I only get one vote. That being said I still want to stay at AKL and would love to go back to the Poly again.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #34
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran
 
CanadianWDWfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,069

I'm a lucky girl cause my DMom and Lexi just go with whatever plans I make....Shhhh...don't tell them if they got together I would be out voted!
__________________
CanadianWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #35
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body
 
pooksma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 3,337

Ahem.... For the record, I've always be up for AKL. I don't remember you proposing it when we had our "family" talk about the trip.

As I sit here looking at a forecast of rain, rain and MORE rain, I keep reminding myself that I am now doing the DOUBLE DIGIT


Happy weekend everyone
__________________
ASMo March '04 , POP ~ July '05, POP/POLY~August '07, CBR~August '08,
POFQ with the Spragues-August '09, POP with more newbies-Dec 25-27, 2010- POFQ August 2011, Disney Dream and one day at MK- March '13, POP-July '13
pooksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #36
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran
 
Queenofallthings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 4,772

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Ahem.... For the record, I've always be up for AKL. I don't remember you proposing it when we had our "family" talk about the trip.

As I sit here looking at a forecast of rain, rain and MORE rain, I keep reminding myself that I am now doing the DOUBLE DIGIT


Happy weekend everyone
AKL wasn't discussed at the "family" talk about the trip???? You mean we could have been at the same resort having cocktails by the pool more often than the one time we have planned......oh dear
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #37
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member
 
disneydreamingdebby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 2,406

I totally vote for AKL...I love it! Speaking of rain pooksma, we had a very rainy Disney day last summer. The type of dreary, it must be Sunday and I must take a nap kind of rain... Well, dh was the only one able to take a nap. The girls and I enjoyed the animals and the viewing areas of AKL...

(Then, again, I've never stayed at POFQ, and since you've you are returning there, it must have some magic too)
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #38
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,022

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Maybe we will catch you on someone's webcam at the Poly again.
If Dave has the webcam up and running, we'll give you a shout out!



Quote:
That being said I still want to stay at AKL and would love to go back to the Poly again.
You would heart heart heart Animal Kingdom Lodge.
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:42 AM   #39
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
AKL wasn't discussed at the "family" talk about the trip???? You mean we could have been at the same resort having cocktails by the pool more often than the one time we have planned......oh dear

Lol it wasn't discussed for two reasons: no lottery win and no 40% pin.

We can still hang out by the pool sharing some cocktails.



Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
I totally vote for AKL...I love it! Speaking of rain pooksma, we had a very rainy Disney day last summer. The type of dreary, it must be Sunday and I must take a nap kind of rain... Well, dh was the only one able to take a nap. The girls and I enjoyed the animals and the viewing areas of AKL...

(Then, again, I've never stayed at POFQ, and since you've you are returning there, it must have some magic too)
Someday AKL will be on the list. It was a few years ago but then we got moved because of the construction. That is how we ended up at the Poly.



Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
If Dave has the webcam up and running, we'll give you a shout out!


You would heart heart heart Animal Kingdom Lodge.
I check those webcams all the time so we will be watching for you.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #40
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,207

Short update time.

When we last left you Pooksma and I were looking at Universal. We considered adding days on in the beginning and staying there for the first time ever. Well let me tell you that their hotels ain't cheap! And the thought of paying extra for what could only be called Fast Passes wasn't all that appealing.

So even though Pooksma is a huge fan of that Potter kid, Universal was going to be a no go this trip. That left SeaWorld, the place we keep saying that we wanted to visit. So we started to look at SeaWorld and options for hotels. Should we stay at one of theirs or simply add some days at a Disney hotel. We did know that one way of the other, we would be staying a few extra days because we purchased plane tickets that put us into Orlando on August 16th and we didn't check into POFQ until the 19th.

In the end we booked through the SeaWorld website for one of their packages. We will be staying at SpringHill Suites Orlando at Seaworld from the 16th to the 19th. Our passes to SeaWorld will give us the second day free, early entry and free dining. I also managed to secure a great car rental (thanks to mousesavers and their codes). We will be cruising around Orlando for a few days in a convertible for just around $200.

Next up in the process would be our ADRs.

Can you believe this was our little guy on his very first day at MK.

__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #41
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran
 
Queenofallthings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 4,772

We were tossed up between Seaworld and IOA too!! That Harry kid beat out Seaworld Jasmine is a huge HP fan...who am I kidding Peg and I have read all the books and seen all the movies too! We talked about Seaworld and Discovery Cove, but Peg felt MM was still a little young for the dolphin swim and to really appreciate that park and let's face it...that park ain't cheap!! We hit DC when Jasmine was 10 and she still talks about it to this day...and I keep saying over and over...remember when I said "once in a lifetime trip"

I'll have to tell Peg to check out mousesavers as we will be renting a car to take us to IOA....or they're using their airmiles....I can't remember off the top of my head!
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #42
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran
 
CanadianWDWfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,069

I was wrong....you chose Seaworld over US/IOA....great choice!

Very cool to have a convertible!

We are contemplating a visit to Seaworld.

I havn't looked into those hotel pkg's...what a good deal to get free dining too!

Sounds like you will have a wonderful time pre-Disney.
__________________
CanadianWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #43
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran
 
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,573

Just wanted to say hi! We are also going in August, it is definitely great for crowds!! It's too bad about Universal, I have never been, but I have been to SeaWorld, and we enjoyed it. Looking forward to reading more
__________________

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #44
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member
 
disneydreamingdebby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 2,406

Someday we will venture out of our beloved Disney parks. I am the only HP fan in my house, but my daughter loves dolphins. I am sure we will visit Sea World before Universal. It sounds like you got a good deal too!
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #45
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)
 
Jazzabelle508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not close enough to Disney
Posts: 822

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Short update time.

When we last left you Pooksma and I were looking at Universal. We considered adding days on in the beginning and staying there for the first time ever. Well let me tell you that their hotels ain't cheap! And the thought of paying extra for what could only be called Fast Passes wasn't all that appealing.

So even though Pooksma is a huge fan of that Potter kid, Universal was going to be a no go this trip. That left SeaWorld, the place we keep saying that we wanted to visit. So we started to look at SeaWorld and options for hotels. Should we stay at one of theirs or simply add some days at a Disney hotel. We did know that one way of the other, we would be staying a few extra days because we purchased plane tickets that put us into Orlando on August 16th and we didn't check into POFQ until the 19th.

In the end we booked through the SeaWorld website for one of their packages. We will be staying at SpringHill Suites Orlando at Seaworld from the 16th to the 19th. Our passes to SeaWorld will give us the second day free, early entry and free dining. I also managed to secure a great car rental (thanks to mousesavers and their codes). We will be cruising around Orlando for a few days in a convertible for just around $200.

Next up in the process would be our ADRs.

Can you believe this was our little guy on his very first day at MK.

Excited to hear about your ADR's Sad you won't be going to Harry Potter land but Sea World sounds fun 2! For me Harry would beat out sea world but i am a uber harry potter fan so it was practically a give that I go to islands of adventure. My mom doesn't like being outside of disney property in orlando unless it is traveling to and from the airport. harry potterland was a stretch for her, in fact we kept refering to universal as the place that shall not be named. so needless to say I will probably never get to go to sea world untill i start my own family in a few years (even then i might keep my mom's tradition of only doing disney in orlando with the exception of the trip to the place that shall not be named). Can't wait to hear about your sea world trip! definitely a good idea to go there early on in the trip. I also enjoyed the pic of your son on his first day at magic kingdom. he looks so happy.
__________________
12-POP Century, 11-POP Century,'09-POP Century,'08-POP Century,'07-A.S.Mu and POP Century,'06-Wilderness Lodge,'05-Carribean Beach, '05-A.S.Sp, '04-Wilderness Lodge,'03-A.S.Sp, and Many More
DM: DD: DB 27: DB 25: DSIL 24: Me 21:
CURRENT THREAD: "Good Morning! No Sleeping!"- A Mother Daughter January Get Away
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.