Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2011, 07:30 AM   #76
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Anyone up for some single digit dancing?

Yesterday brought a change to our ADR's (no, I didn't snag CM yet, not feeling overly confident about that one right now!) We went out for lunch at our local chinese buffet and Daniel was attempting to use chopsticks. I was telling him that there is a place in Disney where they rig chopsticks for the kids to make them easier to use. I was then telling Patrick about it because he has seen the commercials for the teppanyaki place in Des Moines. They both said they would be willing to try it so we have cancelled Tutto Italia for Teppan Edo!! I'm excited about this change

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 05-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #77
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Thanks for the warm welcome Katie! I live in Holland MI on the West side of the mitten. I grew up on the east side of the state and am familiar with Saginaw. We live about 45 minutes from Muskegon and have friends there. I am also a spartan!

The temptation to overplan is hard when we are such big fans and want the trips to be perfect! I think many of us have made that 'mini' mistake and found our overplanned trips to be a little bit of a bummer, so we live and learn!

Can't wait to hear about your 'special plans' at one of the restaurants! From one mom to another - you deserve it!!!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2011, 01:04 PM   #78
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Yeh, dancing with ya!

I think you will like Teppan Edo - I've always heard good things. I am trying Via Napoli in August with my DS12, pizza is a sure thing for us! Have a great Disney day!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Old 05-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #79
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Teppan Edo is more of an 'experience' than just a meal, so I'm glad you got that.

Here's to single digits!

I was gonna go with this:

but I don't have the figure for it. We'd all be very sorry to see me in that get-up.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #80
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

For single digit dancing!!

Tutto Italia is lovely but I bet the boys will have a blast at Teppan Edo! All the reports I've read talk about how much children have loved seeing the food cooked.

Also, my mum did characters in flight on our trip last spring and she loved it! She had to do it alone because I'm terrified of heights, but she said she could have stayed up there all day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
I love cornbread too! Part of the reason I am excited for WCC and HDD!!

Don't tell Brook but I haven't had corn dog nuggets anywhere in WDW. For some reason, they don't feel "special" to me
See, neither cornbread or corn dogs are all that popular up in my neck of the woods so they do seem a little more special to me I guess. I seriously have to drive clear across town to the special "fresh" market to buy cornbread! And unless you buy pogos at the grocery store, you would never find them anywhere! It doesn't make sense to me since they are just so stinkin' delicious! It's a good thing I don't live in the USA or I would weigh 34824732347 lbs.!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #81
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have you guys done SWW before? why am I thinking Ben is a big fan? Yesterday at lunch I asked each boy what they were looking forward to most in each park and SWW topped both lists for DHS (and silly me at first thought we should avoid it ) I'll be sad to only have 2 days at Epcot but it will be worth it for this trip!
You are correct in thinking Ben is a big fan! We hit the last day of SWW in 2009. Ben didn't do the autograph signing that you can do, because he didn't want to wait in line. (Plus he has been to 2 Celebrations...the Star Wars convention). He just enjoyed the sights and the special SWW gift shop. I think that is the store we spent the most money in.

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 05-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #82
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Yay single digits!

Teppan Edo always looks really good and interesting to me. Definitely on my list of places to try someday!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 05-31-2011, 05:31 PM   #83
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome Katie! I live in Holland MI on the West side of the mitten. I grew up on the east side of the state and am familiar with Saginaw. We live about 45 minutes from Muskegon and have friends there. I am also a spartan!

The temptation to overplan is hard when we are such big fans and want the trips to be perfect! I think many of us have made that 'mini' mistake and found our overplanned trips to be a little bit of a bummer, so we live and learn!

Can't wait to hear about your 'special plans' at one of the restaurants! From one mom to another - you deserve it!!!
I know Holland well! My brothers and I used to look longingly at that park along the highway with the little shops and rides. Of course after driving from Iowa, when we were that close, we never did stop!

After feeling so sad on our last trip that it hadn't come out as perfectly as I had planned it to be, I hope this one will be a little more laid back and allow us to follow our needs/wants. We can always come back if we miss something!

Quote:
Yeh, dancing with ya!

I think you will like Teppan Edo - I've always heard good things. I am trying Via Napoli in August with my DS12, pizza is a sure thing for us! Have a great Disney day!
That pepperoni pizza from Via Napoli looks SO good and the little donut holes too...it's on my someday list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Teppan Edo is more of an 'experience' than just a meal, so I'm glad you got that.

Here's to single digits!

I was gonna go with this:

but I don't have the figure for it. We'd all be very sorry to see me in that get-up.
Ahh, I bet you'd be a great scarf dancer MeMom!

I've been hoping to get to Teppan Edo so I'm excited the boys want to try it! If it's not their favorite food, there will be plenty more dinners to make up for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
For single digit dancing!!

Tutto Italia is lovely but I bet the boys will have a blast at Teppan Edo! All the reports I've read talk about how much children have loved seeing the food cooked.

Also, my mum did characters in flight on our trip last spring and she loved it! She had to do it alone because I'm terrified of heights, but she said she could have stayed up there all day!

See, neither cornbread or corn dogs are all that popular up in my neck of the woods so they do seem a little more special to me I guess. I seriously have to drive clear across town to the special "fresh" market to buy cornbread! And unless you buy pogos at the grocery store, you would never find them anywhere! It doesn't make sense to me since they are just so stinkin' delicious! It's a good thing I don't live in the USA or I would weigh 34824732347 lbs.!
They will definitely enjoy the entertainment value of the dinner which might be just the thing after waiting at a TS every day for a week!

Don't tell me you don't have cornbread mixes in the grocery store? Krusteaz is my favorite!! I'll send you some if you need a fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
You are correct in thinking Ben is a big fan! We hit the last day of SWW in 2009. Ben didn't do the autograph signing that you can do, because he didn't want to wait in line. (Plus he has been to 2 Celebrations...the Star Wars convention). He just enjoyed the sights and the special SWW gift shop. I think that is the store we spent the most money in.
We won't do any of the celebrity autographs, the boys really don't care about the actors but we have put a full day aside for waiting in lines for character meets! Patrick also wants to do the padawan mind challenge and Daniel really wants to battle Darth Maul at JTA. I suspect a good chunk of their gift cards will be spent on SW souvies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Yay single digits!

Teppan Edo always looks really good and interesting to me. Definitely on my list of places to try someday!
I'll be sure to post pics on FB for ya!

Old 05-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #84
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love Teppan Edo. I think its a great change!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #85
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
I know Holland well! My brothers and I used to look longingly at that park along the highway with the little shops and rides. Of course after driving from Iowa, when we were that close, we never did stop!
Ah, good ol'Dutch Village. Well, no more childhood bad memories for you, trust me, your weren't really missing THAT much, and WDW seriously makes up for it!!!! We just had 'Tulip Time', our big festival, and I am a 'Dutch Dancer', wear the dutch costume, wooden shoes, and along with 700 other middle aged woman that danced in high school, I kick up my feet for the tourists for a week and a half every spring. It has given me an appreciation for the cast members that perform in the same parade every night with a smile on their faces!

Old 05-31-2011, 10:27 PM   #86
cdotla
Trish

OMG Katie! I can't believe you have another trip on the horizon, and a 15 day one at that! How great you will be able to spend it with your boys.

I haven't read thru your whole PTR yet, but I will catch up soon! Have fun counting down these last few days...how exciting!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #87
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love Teppan Edo. I think its a great change!
I'm excited! It maybe wouldn't be my first choice for food but I have really wanted to go for the experience (and the scallops look yummy if nothing else!)

Quote:
Ah, good ol'Dutch Village. Well, no more childhood bad memories for you, trust me, your weren't really missing THAT much, and WDW seriously makes up for it!!!! We just had 'Tulip Time', our big festival, and I am a 'Dutch Dancer', wear the dutch costume, wooden shoes, and along with 700 other middle aged woman that danced in high school, I kick up my feet for the tourists for a week and a half every spring. It has given me an appreciation for the cast members that perform in the same parade every night with a smile on their faces!
LOL! My brother who always felt the same way stopped one year with his family and said the same thing, it was a bit of a letdown after all the fun we had imagied we were missing out on.

We have a town near us with a strong dutch heritage and they have a tulip festival every year. I've always meant to go but for some reason never seem to make it. I will one of these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
OMG Katie! I can't believe you have another trip on the horizon, and a 15 day one at that! How great you will be able to spend it with your boys.

I haven't read thru your whole PTR yet, but I will catch up soon! Have fun counting down these last few days...how exciting!!!
Hey Trish, glad you found me!! Yep, 15 days is gonna be awesome (and hot and muggy and crowded I'm sure!)

I just need to point out that today my ticker no longer reads in months or even weeks...we are down to DAYS baby!!!!

I have SO much left to do!!! But really, I don't care because I have 2 1/2 days of school to get through and in 6 days from this very moment, I should be checking into POP!

Old 06-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #88
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on Single Digit Days, Katie. I'm so jealous -- we still have 113 days until our trip.

You'll get everything done that you need to get done before you know it.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #89
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

only 6 days - woo hoo!!!

Old 06-01-2011, 10:05 PM   #90
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't tell me you don't have cornbread mixes in the grocery store? Krusteaz is my favorite!! I'll send you some if you need a fix
Oh Katie you're a real pal! Thanks for the offer! I do usually pick up a mix when I head across the border (I keep American food stockpiles! Cherry coke, cornbread, toaster streudles, yoplait whipped yogurt and red velvet cake mix - plus a stop at Olive Garden! ) but we all know I don't have amazing cooking skills and I swear it has never come out right! Never! I don't know how I screw it up but it's always dry and crumbly....gross! I guess it's good that I can't have it all the time or it wouldn't feel like a treat anymore! Just promise you'll think of me when you eat it!

Congratulations on less than a week to go!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: