Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #47
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Now that's what I call an ADR list!! WOOT WOOT!!! Love it!!! You are going to definitely be eating at some great places!!!! I'm especially interested in WC and the HoopDeeDoo Review!!! Can't wait to see your pictures and hear your reviews!! SO YUMMY!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #48
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Looks like a yummy list of restaurants!

Old 05-20-2011, 11:22 PM   #49
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Katie, I was browsing the PTR and TR Report boards and much to my excitement, I saw that you had a PTR going. I'm a little late to the party, but I'm here now. I have to go back and read and catch up.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:38 PM   #50
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great adrs katie! So glad you are going for a redo of Ohana. I think its great that your whole family is going. I hope they love it.

When my boys were that age they love Hooped De Doo! I bet it turns out to be a real winner. It's definitely something you should see at least once!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #51
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Great list of ADR's! You have some yummy choices!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 05-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #52
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great list of restaurants! Some of my fav's are on there! I love the canyon skillet....I can just taste it now! The Plaza is also a new favorite of ours since our last trip....I was really impressed!
Older DS LOVES ribs so he will go nuts over the skillet I'm sure! Younger DS is on a no meat kick lately but hopefully will eat the chicken and he will like the corn and bread. Nobody will leave hungry I'm sure!

The first review of the Plaza I read basically said it's good but too pricy for just sandwiches. I've heard such good reviews of the food though and am now really excited to try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Now that's what I call an ADR list!! WOOT WOOT!!! Love it!!! You are going to definitely be eating at some great places!!!! I'm especially interested in WC and the HoopDeeDoo Review!!! Can't wait to see your pictures and hear your reviews!! SO YUMMY!!!
I'm so ready to get there! I got to school today and was actually really excited for a Monday morning. I figure the sooner we get this last full week started, the sooner we get it done

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Looks like a yummy list of restaurants!
I'm now starving just thinking about it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Katie, I was browsing the PTR and TR Report boards and much to my excitement, I saw that you had a PTR going. I'm a little late to the party, but I'm here now. I have to go back and read and catch up.
Kathy! Glad you found me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great adrs katie! So glad you are going for a redo of Ohana. I think its great that your whole family is going. I hope they love it.

When my boys were that age they love Hooped De Doo! I bet it turns out to be a real winner. It's definitely something you should see at least once!
OMG I really shouldn't be typing this update so close to lunch time...I'm just drooling over the thought of all that yumminess!! I'm sure the boys will think HDD is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Great list of ADR's! You have some yummy choices!
so excited...only 15 more days

I did make 1 little tweak to my ADR list last night. I've been worried that we wouldn't make our ressie for The Wave simply because it falls on a day we are planning to do AK but only for 1/2 day. I have a feeling we will either stay at the resort for the night or head to DTD and miss this dinner.

I decided since we have been to Kona Cafe already and have another meal already planned at the Poly, that I could give up that ADR. So now our final evening in the world will include dinner at the CR before the parade and fireworks at MK. Sounds like to me!!

This brings us down to only enough ADR's for what we will have credited but I figure if we skip one somewhere along the way, I can sneak a last minute one in DTD (Cap'n Jacks maybe) without an ADR

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 05-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #53
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

That list of ADRs sounds pretty awesome! I've been to many of them but there are ones on your list I've been curious about for awhile (Beirgarten, Cape May, etc.) I think your family will love WCC! It's a hoot! I still dream about the cornbread! And Tutto Italia....If I hadn't been in public I honestly would have licked my plate clean! I don't think you'll have a bad meal! The Plaza is wonderful too! Smaller and more homey-feeling to me and the food and service are amazing. Simple but delicious! Who am I kidding? They're all good! If I were there for 15 meals you would have to roll me home! I wouldn't fit on the plane!

Although I have to admit....I would skip Kona too....I didn't have a good meal there....infact, I never got my meal there! But I'm sure mine was a one-off since so many people seem to love it. No matter where you guys eat you"ll have a blast!
Old 05-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #54
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post

So what did I manage to get booking at about 90 days instead of 180…

Whispering Canyon Café – This was on my must-do list, we ended up cancelling an ADR for this in 2008 so now it’s on my first night! I’m very excited, canyon skillet here I come We went in 2008 and we won't go back; we had the skillet and I thought it was not good and Mark got sick on it

The Plaza – I’ve heard good things about it but never thought I would go since I thought of it as “just sandwiches and ice cream” but it will be a nice in-park lunch! A must do for us every trip

Yak and Yeti – This one might be a toss up. I think Greg and I will like it OK, not sure about the boys. I’m very excited for those wontons! We went here in 2008 and loved it and are going back in September and can't wait (I had the sweet/sour pork which was delicious)

Cape May – I ate here last year for breakfast but have always thought the dinner looks yummy so this will be good for a DHS day Haven't been for dinner since 2007, but we always enjoy; now that they have crab legs back, we want to go again

Ohana – it took awhile for me to snag this one but it was also on my must-do list. I was so bummed to not make it here last year so this is my do-over

Crystal Palace – I didn’t originally plan a meal here but a couple character breakfasts was a request from the boys. I got a late breakfast ADR so we’ll have a little time for touring before our date with Pooh and the gang Another must-do every trip for us...gotta love the puffed french toast

Biergarten – I loved this one last year and I think Greg will like the atmosphere and the boys will think the band is cool. Lots of yummy food here too! After several really good meals here, we went in September last year and were very disappointed

HoopDeeDoo – this was the only 2 credit meal I could convince Greg of (I would have liked more, he would have preferred none) I have heard great things and I think the boys will have a blast!

Sci-Fi – again, a good way to take a lunch break in the park on a day we will only stay through the afternoon. Hoping for a good experience, I’ve heard both good and bad. We ate here in 2009 and loved it; we had a ressie for this September, but I changed to Mama Melrose because we haven't been for a couple of years

The Wave – I’m not convinced we will keep this one just because of how it falls with our park plans but it does sound yummy

1900 Park Fare – this is a bit of a surprise choice from the boys. I have not been able to get a breakfast ADR at Chef Mickeys so this is a substitute. I’ve heard good things and thought the boys would never want to go so I’m happy!

Tutto Italia – wasn’t at the top of my list for WS meals but I figured this would have the most that the boys would eat

Mama Melroses – I didn’t love this one in 2008 but we wanted a Fantasmic package and weren’t willing to do 2 credits for Brown Derby and H&V doesn’t appeal to me. Smart move; H&V is AWFUL and we were not impressed with Brown Derby at all

Kona Café – we did this one in 2008 and liked it. My original plan was to have this ADR but see about getting a walk-up for Ohana instead. Since I managed to get the Ohana ADR, we may or may not keep this one. Have never done; we had a breakfast ADR last year, but two little girls pooped us out the night before at EMH's at the MK and we cancelled; we are DEFINITELY going this year for breakfast

Okay, I'm all caught up. Your plans sound great and you'll have a great time. My comments on restaurants that we've been to are noted above in red.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #55
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Catching up.......

What a fun reveal! I bet the boys were pumped!

Looking forward to hearing what you think of Pop, not sure if I'll ever be convinced to stay value, but I've learned to never say never

Looks like a great list of ADRs, aside from The Wave that is, uggggg, we had a bad experience there, don't think we'll ever go back. I would take Kona over it 100 times out of 100! I know most people love The Wave though, so I'm sure we had an isolated experience.

I don't think you'll be disappointed in Tutto Italia, I've been there 3 times now and loved every time.

Those wontons at Yak & Yeti are worth the ADR all by themselves - so yummy! Jared is a pretty picky eater and he found something to eat there so I bet your boys will be fine

I kicked around the idea of booking an ADR for Cape May for before the cruise but decided against it. Now that I'm reading about you eating there I'm reconsidering......wonder if I could get an ADR just a week out......
Old 05-24-2011, 10:27 PM   #56
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Katie you inspired me! I switched my Le Cellier lunch ADR for dinner at Cape May Cafe! I know Le Cellier is supposed to be a big deal and all but I can go to a Canadian steakhouse any day, and I think for us Cape May would be a better fit! Thanks for the influence!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #57
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Okay, I'm all caught up. Your plans sound great and you'll have a great time. My comments on restaurants that we've been to are noted above in red.
Sounds like lots of good ones! I'm always a little surprised when someone reports a bad experience at a restaurant with a good reputation but I guess everyone gets to have an off night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Catching up.......

What a fun reveal! I bet the boys were pumped!

Looking forward to hearing what you think of Pop, not sure if I'll ever be convinced to stay value, but I've learned to never say never

Looks like a great list of ADRs, aside from The Wave that is, uggggg, we had a bad experience there, don't think we'll ever go back. I would take Kona over it 100 times out of 100! I know most people love The Wave though, so I'm sure we had an isolated experience.

I don't think you'll be disappointed in Tutto Italia, I've been there 3 times now and loved every time.

Those wontons at Yak & Yeti are worth the ADR all by themselves - so yummy! Jared is a pretty picky eater and he found something to eat there so I bet your boys will be fine

I kicked around the idea of booking an ADR for Cape May for before the cruise but decided against it. Now that I'm reading about you eating there I'm reconsidering......wonder if I could get an ADR just a week out......
I was glad to see you post yesterday, I was a bit worried when I saw the news about the tornadoes (not knowing where you live, I do realize it is a good size state!)

The boys are VERY pumped and the closer it gets, the more excited we all get (even my own grump seems to be excited to get away from our real life!)

I was never all that crazy about the values (because of the theming, I prefer something more relaxing) but the boys are super excited and most people I've heard really like POP so I'm going in with a good attitude!

I don't think the kids will go hungry anywhere really. I'm sure most places have back-up options for picky eaters, not like mine are the only ones!

I would think you could still snag an ADR. If not, I would just show up at 5:00 and ask for a table, I bet they could find a spare table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Katie you inspired me! I switched my Le Cellier lunch ADR for dinner at Cape May Cafe! I know Le Cellier is supposed to be a big deal and all but I can go to a Canadian steakhouse any day, and I think for us Cape May would be a better fit! Thanks for the influence!
Just realized I didn't quote your first post...Daniel and I both love cornbread so I'm sure we will go through plenty of it. Last night Greg asked where we would be in 2 weeks from that moment, I told him we would be stuffing our faces with dessert at WCC (smores cheesecake, here I come!)

My Cafe may ADR is giving me fits right now. It's planned for the day we are doing SWW and I'm worried about getting back to DHS in time for the evening events. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get anything in the park we want for that day. I guess we'll play it by ear when the time comes and if we need to move it to a different day, there is room in the schedule. I don't want to miss that one!

We loved Le Cellier but we can get lots of good steak in Iowa too, we don't get crab legs as often!

Planning a mini update for tonight and hopefully will include our park plans since I need to get rolling if I'm going to get it all done...13 days to go!!

Old 05-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #58
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

I'm here, thanks for the invite! Flying out at 6:00 am? So are we! Are you flying out of Des Moines on United? That's what we are doing on the 8th. It would be cool if we were waiting for a plane together, but of course we are a day apart.

ADRs look good! We have Tony's, Chef Mickey, and Garden Grill. We like only having a couple of TS.

Two weeks from tonight we'll both be at WDW!
November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD16 DD13

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
Old 05-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #59
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Whispering Canyon Café – One of Trent's favorites.

The Plaza – Haven't been, but want to.

Yak and Yeti – Haven't been, but got quick service once. Egg roll was good, rice - not so much.

Cape May – Possibly the best breakfast we have ever had on Disney property. Definitely up for dinner there sometime. Trent has had it - ate there with Anita and Marc once.

Ohana – We have had breakfast only and will be having our first dinner here on July 4th.

Crystal Palace – We liked it, but I prefer dinner here.

Biergarten – Two times here. Like it, but don't love it.

HoopDeeDoo – Would like to do this, but the money holds me back. If we could do it during a free dining time, we'd absolutely be up for it.

Sci-Fi – Twice for us. It is a good way to get out of the heat midday. Food was good, but I don't recall it being outstanding. The kids will like the atmosphere.

The Wave – Haven't gotten to it yet.

1900 Park Fare – Good breakfast, but we want to try dinner.

Tutto Italia – Haven't gotten to it yet.

Mama Melroses – Liked this for lunch on the spring break trip.

Kona Café – Very fond of Kona for both breakfast and dinner.

You have a lot of good eating to look forward to. It's always nice to have some new ones sprinkled in with some old favorites.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #60
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjscheel View Post
I'm here, thanks for the invite! Flying out at 6:00 am? So are we! Are you flying out of Des Moines on United? That's what we are doing on the 8th. It would be cool if we were waiting for a plane together, but of course we are a day apart.

ADRs look good! We have Tony's, Chef Mickey, and Garden Grill. We like only having a couple of TS.

Two weeks from tonight we'll both be at WDW!
Glad you found me We are flying on Frontier out of DSM. When pricing plane tix, I was surprised at how many leave between 6 and 7 am!

Not long now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Whispering Canyon Café – One of Trent's favorites.

The Plaza – Haven't been, but want to.

Yak and Yeti – Haven't been, but got quick service once. Egg roll was good, rice - not so much.

Cape May – Possibly the best breakfast we have ever had on Disney property. Definitely up for dinner there sometime. Trent has had it - ate there with Anita and Marc once.

Ohana – We have had breakfast only and will be having our first dinner here on July 4th.

Crystal Palace – We liked it, but I prefer dinner here.

Biergarten – Two times here. Like it, but don't love it.

HoopDeeDoo – Would like to do this, but the money holds me back. If we could do it during a free dining time, we'd absolutely be up for it.

Sci-Fi – Twice for us. It is a good way to get out of the heat midday. Food was good, but I don't recall it being outstanding. The kids will like the atmosphere.

The Wave – Haven't gotten to it yet.

1900 Park Fare – Good breakfast, but we want to try dinner.

Tutto Italia – Haven't gotten to it yet.

Mama Melroses – Liked this for lunch on the spring break trip.

Kona Café – Very fond of Kona for both breakfast and dinner.

You have a lot of good eating to look forward to. It's always nice to have some new ones sprinkled in with some old favorites.
You have done lots of great meals in the world! Hope you get to some of your never-dones one of these days

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: