Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #271
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
STACE!! How was your trip...I haven't heard a thing about it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I would also like to hear about your trip. I have the same problem with photos. I keep backing up and moving things around, but I can never seem to clear enough space! My start up disk is always full. shocking, I know!
Well, I don't mean to hijack your report Katie, but I did decide to try another TR! Here's the link if anyone is interested!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2829891
Old 11-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #272
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Looks like you had a great time! We thought about taking the kids, but we aren't going to make it. I had it in my head that is was in January, but it's next weekend! Oops!
Sounds like you missed it

Quote:
Sounds like the boys had a blast. Can't see pics now, but I will come back to check them out!
Hope you got a chance to check them out, the show was cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Looks like P&F was a blast! Seems like the boys liked it! One day at DHS on this trip I counted Perry shirts - I got 19! It was popular!

The trip was awesome thanks! I'm still contemplating the TR idea...we all know I'm not so good at keeping up with it though! We'll see! There's also the problem that my computer simply wont take all of my photos!

Daniel wanted to add some smilies LOL! Patrick recently got a Perry shirt that I thought was so cute but he said kids at school called him a baby - 5th graders suck!!

Quote:
I would also like to hear about your trip. I have the same problem with photos. I keep backing up and moving things around, but I can never seem to clear enough space! My start up disk is always full. shocking, I know!
Pick a $$ amount, go to the store and get the biggest external drive you can (Greg recently saw in an ad on for under $100 that was 1.5 terabytes!!). I have one that is maybe 50 or 70 GB and holds more than enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
So glad you had that fun family day with the real boys and the cartoon boys. Brooklynn would have enjoyed that, but I don't think Bella would have made it, since it's not her normal 'pinshesses' or Mickey and the gang.

A machine that would make summer last forever - can you get your boys busy on making one of those, please?
Complete with summer paychecks, too, since I am on the year 'round pay plan.
I am liking this idea very muchly.
I'll see if my boys can work on that but knowing my luck, they would invent it over the winter and time would stand still in the middle of the school year!

Oh yes, the paychecks would be needed (I suppose our contract states 12 months though instead of year-round)

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #273
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Yesterday I spent some time updating my links since I have neglected to do that with many of my updates and I read something that got me thinking…in my first post I made a comment that Greg would never call himself a Disney fan. I’m so happy to say I think this trip really helped to change that outlook!! He might not call himself a fanatic but he’s definitely no longer a resister. He even commented sometime in the last week that he is looking forward to someday just the 2 of us going to Disney together. This makes me so happy!!

So let’s see…where were we? Oh yes, we spent the morning in Africa, visited some bones and were on our way to find Nemo!! I won’t narrate much, you know the story!

I know most people are probably focused on the characters throughout the show but I always try to spend a little time watching the actors, they don’t hold back just because they aren’t the focus!

Old 11-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #274
kschafer
DIS Veteran

After the show, we headed back out into the heat to decide what to do next. It was around this time that I’m sorry to say, I lost it just a bit. Although I had attempted to not uber plan this trip, I started to feel like my mini plans were falling apart.

We had grabbed FP’s for Dinosaur earlier but once it came time to use them, the boys chickened out so we ended up giving them away. We walked through Dinoland but the lines were longer than any of us were feeling at the time.

We wandered in the direction of Asia

I suggested a walk through the Maharaja trail but nobody else wanted to do that. The boys wanted to do Kali but the line was of course very long and they were out of FP’s (or maybe the return time was just much later than we planned to stay). I wanted to do EE but Greg was just kind of grumpy about me hitting the single rider line not knowing how long it might be.

We had an upcoming ADR and we were just kind of standing around feeling just a bit lost when some pixie dust walked up to us and gave us a little boost. We were approached by a family who had some extra FP’s for Kali and asked if we would like them!!! We only had to wait about 15 minutes before they became good so it was a great gift.

Greg wasn’t interested in riding (he really does NOT like being wet) so the boys and I soon got in line. It was my first time on Kali (sorry no pics, I left my camera with Greg to stay dry) and we enjoyed it but I must say, I was a bit surprised at how short it was and other than that first big drop, I didn’t think it was terribly splashy, although we did manage to get wet (happily not my feet, I didn’t really want to walk around in wet socks and shoes)

Shortly after, it was time for our ADR which was right in the neighborhood and we got great seats!

Do you know where we are?

How about now?

We were dining at Yak and Yeti! I was really looking forward to this meal and I knew Greg would enjoy it. The boys I was uncertain about but of course they could choose burgers and such if wanted so they were good. I didn’t do great on this trip with the food pics but I did get a few from this meal. My choice, with a bit of a push from the server, was the mahi mahi

Excellent choice!! (if you ever have the chance to order, be sure to ask for extra sauce on the side!)

I think Greg had the ribs and the boys had burgers or dogs or something.

Dessert was the real reason I wanted this ADR

YUMMMMMMMMY!!!!!!!

Greg tried the mango pie

And the boys both had ice cream

I’m happy to say Yak and Yeti was a hit!! Everyone was very happy with their choices. My only complaint is they had the AC CRANKED!! I suppose it would have felt nice if we hadn't just gotten off of Kali but wet and freezing AC was not a nice combination!

After our meal we took a few pics in the area

And headed out for the evening since we had a BIG day planned for tomorrow! Back in our room…

The boys were happy to see their animals well cared for while we were gone

And I guess Daniel was still hungry LOL!

Last edited by kschafer; 11-13-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #275
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

So happy to hear that Greg has relinquished his resistor status. That is terrific news!

Yak & Yeti is still on my "to try" list... looks yummy!!

Old 11-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #276
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

I love Disney crispy treats! Yuuummmy!!!!
I'm glad you posted pics of Nemo. We didn't make it there this last trip. It's a definite must do next year.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 11-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #277
MEK
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo! An update! I have to say that your Nemo pictures are some of the best I have seen. The colors are gorgeous.

What a stroke of luck to be gifted those Kali FP's. I, too, hate walking around wet. I put a dollar store poncho on to ride Kali. Yes - I AM a wimp.

I have a Yak & Yeti ADR in December. I am finally getting around to trying it.

So glad the whole family is now ALL on board with their love of Disney!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #278
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great update! I really wanted to do Kali this year (we actually all did) but we were in line about 10 minutes and they sent everybody out because the ride was "Down" for some reason. Yak and Yeti is definitely on my restaurant wish list. (Mostly for that dessert, too! LOL )

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 11-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #279
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post

Daniel wanted to add some smilies LOL! Patrick recently got a Perry shirt that I thought was so cute but he said kids at school called him a baby - 5th graders suck!!
What a bunch of 5th grade meanies! I would have them know that many of the people I saw wearing Perry shirts were adult men! So there!

I love your pictures of Nemo! Mine never never turn out...My camera isn't so good without the flash on, it goes very hazy. Oh but it is such a good show! And you're right, the actors are always amazing! I'm glad that you enjoyed the Yak and Yeti dinner and your afternoon turned out for the better! I know the Kali River Rapids line can be brutal...what a nice gesture of that family to give you their fast passes!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #280
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
So happy to hear that Greg has relinquished his resistor status. That is terrific news!

Yak & Yeti is still on my "to try" list... looks yummy!!
Whenever someone asks about our trip, Greg tells them how great it was and that makes me He's not necessarily anxious to go back right away and when I'm less Disney focused, I agree we need to take vacations to other places but knowing that he WANTS to go back again at some point in the future is very exciting

Y&Y exceeded my hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I love Disney crispy treats! Yuuummmy!!!!
I'm glad you posted pics of Nemo. We didn't make it there this last trip. It's a definite must do next year.
I'm not a fan of krispie treats (not a big marshmallow eater) but anything shaped like Mickey immediately becomes better!

We enjoyed Nemo. If I could only choose 1 of the AK shows, I would have to go with FOTLK but will always sneek in Nemo too if possible!

Quote:
Woo hoo! An update! I have to say that your Nemo pictures are some of the best I have seen. The colors are gorgeous.

What a stroke of luck to be gifted those Kali FP's. I, too, hate walking around wet. I put a dollar store poncho on to ride Kali. Yes - I AM a wimp.

I have a Yak & Yeti ADR in December. I am finally getting around to trying it.

So glad the whole family is now ALL on board with their love of Disney!
Wow! Thanks MEK I was pretty pleased with how my new camera fared for a point and shoot!

The FP's helped boost my mood a bit cause I my pixie dust was fading at that point!

Be sure to get that wonton dessert...YUMMMMY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great update! I really wanted to do Kali this year (we actually all did) but we were in line about 10 minutes and they sent everybody out because the ride was "Down" for some reason. Yak and Yeti is definitely on my restaurant wish list. (Mostly for that dessert, too! LOL )
We did Kali again later in the trip and it was fun but honestly, it's won't move to the must-do list especially if the weather is poor or lines too long.

Sure wish I had some of that dessert on the menu tonight!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
What a bunch of 5th grade meanies! I would have them know that many of the people I saw wearing Perry shirts were adult men! So there!

I love your pictures of Nemo! Mine never never turn out...My camera isn't so good without the flash on, it goes very hazy. Oh but it is such a good show! And you're right, the actors are always amazing! I'm glad that you enjoyed the Yak and Yeti dinner and your afternoon turned out for the better! I know the Kali River Rapids line can be brutal...what a nice gesture of that family to give you their fast passes!
My guess is those same kids actually do like P&F but some kids just like to be mean

Obviously the characters are meant to be the focus but it is so fun to see the actors get into the performace just as much!

Old 07-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #281
vassar36
Mouseketeer

wonderful trip report...your boys are so cute

BLT March 2014
AKL/VWL June 2013 BWV/VWL Nov 2012 AKV March 2012 BCV June 2011
POFQ-March 2010 , VWL -March 2009 POP- April 2008 WL - July 2007 POP- May 2006 Contempary-1970-1980's FW- in the 1980's

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: