Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #151
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
2xcited2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,310

Hurrah! We are in WDW!! so excited to hear all about your trip.

Sorry you were underwhelmed by WCC. I have forgotten - did you guys do the dining plan? Thanks for the look around. Such a pretty resort!!
__________________
Christine

2xcited2sleep is offline  
Old 07-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #152
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran
 
Lady Lallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,576

Okay...but let's talk about the Smores cheesecake more. Seriously, is it good enough to eat at WCC? I have been obsessed with that Smores cheesecake for YEARS but I haven't made my way over to WCC yet....I'm very tempted to in January but I don't know. I was thinking lunch for us, thoughts?

The text message system doesn't seem to be reliable, it has never worked for me when I'm waiting to hear on my room.

I can't believe how much more grownup your boys look from your last trip with them!
Lady Lallie is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #153
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran
 
sunny_stace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,763

I have absolutely no faith in the text message alert system...two years running now I didn't ever get a message and I've heard the same from so many others....they should work on that! But at least you knew you had a room and your luggage was in it when you arrived! (I've also had my luggage go to the wrong room!)

Greg looks seriously relaxed on ME and the boys look like they are having the time of their lives! It sure seems like things are off to a good start!

I'm sorry to hear you were underwhelmed with WCC. I know you were really looking forward to it. I knew you would like the cornbread at least! I agree that the chicken had a little bit of a bite to it. The shakes are good too though! And it looks like you had fun at least! I'm glad the poking game went over well! Too cute! Oh your boys are so adorable!
__________________
Stacy
sunny_stace is offline  
Old 07-01-2011, 11:12 AM   #154
manntra
DIS Veteran
 
manntra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Okay...but let's talk about the Smores cheesecake more.
I was thinking the same thing....ummm there really wasn't a proper description there Katie!! I love smores....I remember having the smores dessert at Primetime...soo good!!

Love the carpeting on the floor at Pop...would love that in my basement

Yep, baby let's go!!! Love it!! I would have popped right out of bed too!!

Tracy
__________________
DVC Member 2007
Tracy Ziggy http://
manntra is offline  
Old 07-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #155
rndmr2
DIS Veteran
 
rndmr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,584

Great start! I found your PTR but it was like the day you left so I waited for the real TR started to reply. Looks like you are having a nice trip so far. Your boys are cute. We liked WCC last year when DH and I went. It was good but not as much fun as I thought it would be, the only fun was the ketchup and then when they "sang" Happy B-day to DH. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.
__________________
Me (40) DH (38)
May 2010 TR May 2011 PTR May 2011 TR


8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline  
Old 07-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #156
Native NYer
DIS Veteran
 
Native NYer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,954

What a great first day at Disney!
The smores cheesecake looks delicious.
__________________
Jennifer

Native NYer is offline  
Old 07-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #157
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran
 
lmillercrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,917

Mmmm... potatoes... Since we pay OOP for our meals, I don't get to eat at many TS restaurants. I don't want to pay the $ for the meal plans, and I don't want to have to take that time away from park time, so I live my meal dreams through others. Thank you for sharing your food porn.
__________________



Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
lmillercrew is offline  
Old 07-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #158
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran
 
SoonerGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,849

I think it's ridiculously cute that in the two pictures you posted of Patrick and Greg together, they have the exact same smile

How irritating that you never got the notice that your room was ready

Sorry WCC didn't live up to your expectations. We really liked it when we ate there, but it was also Christmas day and they had a traditional holiday menu that night, not their normal one.
__________________
SoonerGirl is offline  
Old 07-02-2011, 07:56 AM   #159
kschafer
DIS Veteran
 
kschafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,177

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Love it!!!! I think we were having the exact same problem as you except we were at Vero!! Our room had been ready for awhile too but we never got a notice about it!!!

Hmmmm...that smores cheesecake looks delightful!! I want some for bkfast LOL!!!!! Glad you guys had a good meal!!!!

Swimming...definitely a great way to spend the afternoon!!!

Can't wait for more!!!
Last year, my room was ready at check-in but the trip before that the notice system also failed. Sounds like it's a bigger problem than I realized or I would have asked after swimming instead of dropping our bags at bell services. Oh well, if that's the worst thing that happens on vacation, you're doing pretty good!!

Greg and I knew we would be tired and the boys would be itching to swim. It was a great start to the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Great start! The pics at the airport are great! I bet the boys love the pool! Well your dinner looked wonderful, sorry it wasn't all that you hoped it would be. I'm impressed you were able to walk away from MK, I think the temptation would have been too much for me!

Can't wait to hear more!
It really was Greg's decision, I would have gone in if it was up to me but I knew we had 10 day tickets ahead of us and it was a good choice, we HAD been up since 2 am after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Hurrah! We are in WDW!! so excited to hear all about your trip.

Sorry you were underwhelmed by WCC. I have forgotten - did you guys do the dining plan? Thanks for the look around. Such a pretty resort!!
We did do the dining plan. When the bill came, Greg about fell out of his chair (we actually paid OOP for this meal since we didn't have our package tickets yet. We were reimbursed once the system was back up again) I had to remind him several times on this vacation that we were only paying about $35/day for our food since we got the QS plan free and we only paid to upgrade. I know free dining isn't exactly "free" but for us, staying at a value resort, it was the best deal for sure!!

WL is probably my second choice dream resort (behind BC) It's very much my style and if it's location was comprable to BC, it would probably be first in my book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Okay...but let's talk about the Smores cheesecake more. Seriously, is it good enough to eat at WCC? I have been obsessed with that Smores cheesecake for YEARS but I haven't made my way over to WCC yet....I'm very tempted to in January but I don't know. I was thinking lunch for us, thoughts?

The text message system doesn't seem to be reliable, it has never worked for me when I'm waiting to hear on my room.

I can't believe how much more grownup your boys look from your last trip with them!
LL, you are too funny! I was pretty stuffed by the time dessert came around and I know I didn't eat it all but not because it wasn't good (in fact, I'm pretty sure before I gave up that I ate the top portion of it )

My disappointment in this meal is purely personal taste. The meats were just too spiced for my family's palate. The boys and I really enjoyed the atmosphere and all the sides were good. I really do think I would give it another try but go for something other than the skillet.

Yes, this trip was very different from the 2008 one with the boys being older! I'm so glad we got to do both trips and I'm sure our next one will be entirely different again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
I have absolutely no faith in the text message alert system...two years running now I didn't ever get a message and I've heard the same from so many others....they should work on that! But at least you knew you had a room and your luggage was in it when you arrived! (I've also had my luggage go to the wrong room!)

Greg looks seriously relaxed on ME and the boys look like they are having the time of their lives! It sure seems like things are off to a good start!

I'm sorry to hear you were underwhelmed with WCC. I know you were really looking forward to it. I knew you would like the cornbread at least! I agree that the chicken had a little bit of a bite to it. The shakes are good too though! And it looks like you had fun at least! I'm glad the poking game went over well! Too cute! Oh your boys are so adorable!
Greg really took a "I'm on vacation" attitude on this trip. It was really nice to see him relax and enjoy himself, he doen't do that easily in real life

It wasn't our favorite meal but that's OK, we had lots of others that were great to make up for it. And yes, the cornbread was yummy! Greg told me a story about when he was a kid, they had a meal at school with cornbread and lots of other kids would give him theirs and he would end up with 6 or 8 pieces. It was his favorite meal but he couldn't tell you what else was served with it
__________________
Me (Katie) DH (Greg) DS12 (Patrick) DS9 (Daniel)



June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
kschafer is offline  
Old 07-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #160
kschafer
DIS Veteran
 
kschafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,177

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
I was thinking the same thing....ummm there really wasn't a proper description there Katie!! I love smores....I remember having the smores dessert at Primetime...soo good!!

Love the carpeting on the floor at Pop...would love that in my basement

Yep, baby let's go!!! Love it!! I would have popped right out of bed too!!

Tracy
My favorite part of smores is the chocolate so it was definitely more cheesecake than smores but it was yummy. might have been better if they had toasted the marshmallows

The rooms at POP were really nice with the recent refurb. The carpet looked cool but was wierd to walk on in barefeet because those different parts in the pattern were also different textures so it was a strange sensation on the feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great start! I found your PTR but it was like the day you left so I waited for the real TR started to reply. Looks like you are having a nice trip so far. Your boys are cute. We liked WCC last year when DH and I went. It was good but not as much fun as I thought it would be, the only fun was the ketchup and then when they "sang" Happy B-day to DH. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.
Happy to see you again!! Looks like you've had a return trip since last spring too.

The boys got the biggest kick out of the ketchup thing. They would have been happier with burgers I think so they could play along! Patrick was being a bit of a grump when they did the hokey pokey and our waiter tried to make him do it solo but he made a good choice to drop it when Patrick resisted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
What a great first day at Disney!
The smores cheesecake looks delicious.
It was a wonderfully relaxing start to our trip. Thank goodness for the blessing of time that allowed us to have a "do nothing" arrival day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Mmmm... potatoes... Since we pay OOP for our meals, I don't get to eat at many TS restaurants. I don't want to pay the $ for the meal plans, and I don't want to have to take that time away from park time, so I live my meal dreams through others. Thank you for sharing your food porn.
I realize the dining plan isn't truly the most economical way to eat at Disney but I like the idea of paying up front and not worrying about it. I hate a vaction where you feel like you are continuously pulling out your wallet. I like having "permission" to order whatever sounds good and not just what is the best deal!

I do get the time away thing though! When we did deluxe dining last year, that was a definite disadvantage...several hours a day for just food is hard when there are parks calling your name

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I think it's ridiculously cute that in the two pictures you posted of Patrick and Greg together, they have the exact same smile

How irritating that you never got the notice that your room was ready

Sorry WCC didn't live up to your expectations. We really liked it when we ate there, but it was also Christmas day and they had a traditional holiday menu that night, not their normal one.
Yes, Patrick is my mini-Greg! One of the disadvantages of not having a relationship with my in-laws is no baby pictures. I have only ever seen 1 picture of Greg at about Patrick's age and even that has been lost Daniel really favors me so it's fun to have one of each of us.

It's funny that it's not just looks, it's personality too. Patrick is very determined and strong-willed like Greg (with both the good and bad aspects that go with that) while Daniel is much more laid back in most aspects of life (both good and bad )

It's not that we didn't like WCC, the meats were just not to our taste and of course that was the main part of the meal. I'm glad we got there at last though!
__________________
Me (Katie) DH (Greg) DS12 (Patrick) DS9 (Daniel)



June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
kschafer is offline  
Old 07-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #161
Megablocks
DIS Veteran
 
Megablocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,108

So cool that you guys got to see the geyser go off! WL is also one of my dream resorts, right after Beach Club.

I kinda forgot that Pop had been refurbed so I'm really excited to see it in person in January! I do really like that rug too
__________________
Meghan DF Charles

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Megablocks is offline  
Old 07-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #162
Poolrat
DIS Veteran
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,387

And you're off!!!! What a great start but an early one.

How nice you could chill. Sorry the text message alert did not work for you. I have never had a problem so I guess I am in the minority.


A dip in the pool is great way to start vacation.
I did the geyser run too! Too bad you did not enjoy the skillet. I streered away from it because DS is picky about spices so we stuck to steak.


I bet you slept well that night.
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline  
Old 07-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #163
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate
 
DisneyDoc5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 968

great start!!!
__________________
DisneyDoc5 DS15 DS12 DD9
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

DisneyDoc5 is offline  
Old 07-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #164
kschafer
DIS Veteran
 
kschafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
So cool that you guys got to see the geyser go off! WL is also one of my dream resorts, right after Beach Club.

I kinda forgot that Pop had been refurbed so I'm really excited to see it in person in January! I do really like that rug too
I'm right with you on the dream resorts! The POP rooms look really nice, granted, I never saw them before the refurb but we really liked it there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
And you're off!!!! What a great start but an early one.

How nice you could chill. Sorry the text message alert did not work for you. I have never had a problem so I guess I am in the minority.

A dip in the pool is great way to start vacation.
I did the geyser run too! Too bad you did not enjoy the skillet. I streered away from it because DS is picky about spices so we stuck to steak.

I bet you slept well that night.
We knew we wouldn't have lots of energy after the early morning and with 14 full days ahead of us, a relaxing start was just what we needed!

did you like the steak OK? I had never heard anyone else not like the spices of the skillet so I was a little surprised. Still glad we tried it though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
great start!!!
It really was a perfect beginning even with the room frustrations!

***********************

I'm a little surprised to find myself feeling the Disney blues today After my trip last year, I really felt satisfied for several months but I'm really wishing to be there again. Actually, maybe it's just a bit of wanderlust because I would happily take off to just about anywhere right now.

I think I'll have some Main Street fudge to see if that helps
__________________
Me (Katie) DH (Greg) DS12 (Patrick) DS9 (Daniel)



June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
kschafer is offline  
Old 07-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #165
Poolrat
DIS Veteran
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
I'm right with you on the dream resorts! The POP rooms look really nice, granted, I never saw them before the refurb but we really liked it there!
I love POP. Beach club is another fav. Oh who am I kidding, anywhere on propertywould be great right now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
did you like the steak OK? I had never heard anyone else not like the spices of the skillet so I was a little surprised. Still glad we tried it though!!
The steak was great. DS usually doesn't like anything with spices except salt and paper. At 17 he finally trying and liking zesty fries.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
I'm a little surprised to find myself feeling the Disney blues today After my trip last year, I really felt satisfied for several months but I'm really wishing to be there again. Actually, maybe it's just a bit of wanderlust because I would happily take off to just about anywhere right now.

I think I'll have some Main Street fudge to see if that helps
My last trip was last Oct and I too was satisfied for a bit. I had bouts of blues but overall was fine. Just going back over my trips and what a great time I had was enough to boost my spirits.
Main Street fudge works too.
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.