Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #136
manntra
DIS Veteran

Welcome home Katie

Hope you had a fabulous trip!!

Tracy
Old 06-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #137
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post

The boys absolutely were in love the moment we arrived. It really grew on Greg and I with only a couple minor annoyances. Our room location was great!
Nice to hear.

Quote:
Daniel was in tears last night at bedtime when he asked when we were going back and I said I don't know (I could cry too)
Poor fella. We all know how he feels. At least for us, we never want to leave.

Quote:
Please hang in there, I'll get this going in another couple days!
Don't worry about the report. We'll be here when you get to it. Heaven knows it takes a while to get back into the groove of real life, especially if you come straight back to a party and company. You'll probably get it started about the time we leave, so I can sit in my room at Pop and enjoy reading it late at night or early in the morning. What did your guys especially like at Pop? I can take a picture just for them. Do I have your phone number? You can PM me, if you want me to send them a picture. Unless it would be too painful. Don't want to upset them.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2011, 10:49 PM   #138
MEK
DIS Veteran

Welcome back Katie - I know you had a fabulous time and I can't wait to read all about it!!!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #139
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

welcome back. Cant wait to here how your trip went!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #140
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Welcome home Katie

Hope you had a fabulous trip!!

Tracy
Thanks Tracy It was a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Nice to hear.

Poor fella. We all know how he feels. At least for us, we never want to leave.

Don't worry about the report. We'll be here when you get to it. Heaven knows it takes a while to get back into the groove of real life, especially if you come straight back to a party and company. You'll probably get it started about the time we leave, so I can sit in my room at Pop and enjoy reading it late at night or early in the morning. What did your guys especially like at Pop? I can take a picture just for them. Do I have your phone number? You can PM me, if you want me to send them a picture. Unless it would be too painful. Don't want to upset them.
Yes, looks like I'll be getting this started while you are gone you lucky girl!! Hope your trip is as magical as always

The boys really liked the bowling pin pool but I'm sure would love any pics you want to send! I think you have my # but let me know if not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Welcome back Katie - I know you had a fabulous time and I can't wait to read all about it!!!!!!!
I'm gonna get to it soon hopefully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
welcome back. Cant wait to here how your trip went!
just a bit longer I promise

UGH! Seems like I haven't had a chance to start my summer vacation Our trip started the day after we finished at school. The day after we returned home, I started unpacking and working on laundry. The next 2 days I finished that job, cleaned the house and prepared for Patrick's birthday party.

Thought I would share...

The next couple days we had family visiting and today I had to go to work. I'm going to finish downloading pictures from the trip tonight and will start on the first update tomorrow.

I haven't forgotten you I promise!!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse

Last edited by kschafer; 06-29-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #142
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

VERY cool cake and cupcakes! COOL!

Girl, we NEED to make a plan and meet soon. We are SO close to each other. Let's make a plan to do that before the summer is up. I'd be happy to drive down to you, have lunch, do some shopping, visit, whatever.

Have a great night!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #143
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

my DS12 would LOVE that cake, I will have to show him that picture tomorrow. We saw Cars today - loved it!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Old 06-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #144
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Love the cake! My Star Wars loving boyfriend would definitely approve too

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 06-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #145
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Joining in from Jen's PTR! Can't wait to read all about your 15 day trip!!!

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 07-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #146
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'll admit I am not the biggest Star Wars fans but that is a cool birthday cake/cupcake set up!!!
I confess to knowing very little about SW as well (most of what I know, the boys have taught me) but I do enjoy watching them light up over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
VERY cool cake and cupcakes! COOL!

Girl, we NEED to make a plan and meet soon. We are SO close to each other. Let's make a plan to do that before the summer is up. I'd be happy to drive down to you, have lunch, do some shopping, visit, whatever.

Have a great night!
It does seem silly that we are only 1 hour from each other and haven't met yet! I'm afraid M'town doesn't hold much to do though Maybe I can find a day to sneek away and come to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
my DS12 would LOVE that cake, I will have to show him that picture tomorrow. We saw Cars today - loved it!
We haven't made it to Cars yet. Maybe we should go today since it will be too hot to do anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Love the cake! My Star Wars loving boyfriend would definitely approve too
I told Patrick to look online for an easy idea and this is what he found. The hardest part was the lightsabers because my first and second ideas didn't work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Joining in from Jen's PTR! Can't wait to read all about your 15 day trip!!!
I recognize you from mutual friends TR's. Glad to have you here!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #147
kschafer
DIS Veteran

And we're off! Part I

Alrighty then…let’s get this going shall we!!

Day 1 - Tuesday, June 7

Our day began with the alarm going off at 2:30 am. Greg and I both took quick showers, brewed a pot of coffee, and did the last minute house preparations. Everything had been loaded up in the van the night before. About 3:15, we shook the boys…Patrick sat upright quickly and asked “DisneyWorld?” Yep baby…let’s go!!

I anticipated the boys would just crawl into the van and fall back asleep but apparently they were too excited and they were awake for the next several hours. We picked up my parents who dropped us off at the airport. The airport was surprisingly busy at the wee hours of 5:00 am and we waited in line a bit before checking in. Luckily, security went quickly and we were soon at our gate ready to board!

I won’t do this throughout the TR but I thought I would share our pattern of picture taking during this trip:
“Daniel, smile”
CLICK

“Now this time look at me”
CLICK again

And so it went for the next 2 weeks! Luckily, Patrick was more cooperative

Our first leg was quick and painless, only 1 hour to Milwaukee. We were scheduled to have a ½ hour layover but found our plane was delayed an hour. Oh well, what can you do? We killed some time looking through the gift shop.

Then were on our way once again. Patrick and I watched a movie and Daniel and Greg napped on the 2 ½ hour flight to Orlando. We arrived and excitedly made our way onto the faux monorail

We breezed through the ME line and were led right onto the bus!

We enjoyed the video and anticipated the sight of that colorful arch

The first stop was at CBR then we were on to

The bus we had ridden was themed

Things were a little crazy at check-in but the boys kept busy while I waited in line

Turns out the computer systems were down and we weren’t able to formally check-in yet. We were given our welcome package and told our room was in building 5. We were also given comp park tickets to use since they couldn’t issue our package tickets yet. We had no plans to head to a park that night but they came in handy later on!

Our room was not ready but we had anticipated that so we headed to the pool since we packed the boys swimsuits in our carry-ons.

And we waited for our text message that the room was ready. And we waited, and waited. The phone buzzed several times but it was always someone else! After about 1 ½ hours, it was time for us to get ready for our dinner ADR’s and we hadn’t heard about our room. The boys changed again and we dropped our bags at bell services and headed out.

I can’t remember which park we changed buses at (I’m thinking DHS but surprisingly, I have no photo evidence of this). Before long, we were being dropped off here

It wasn’t quite dinner time yet but we killed some time looking around, browsing the gift shop and making wishes.

Last edited by kschafer; 07-01-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #148
kschafer
DIS Veteran

And I played with the panoramic setting on my camera

We checked in and were immediately seated for my much anticipated dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe

We all ordered the skillet. It stared with cornbread and salad (with shakes to drink)

Soon followed by the main meal

Although the boys both got the skillet too, they got their own plates and sides

And for dessert, Greg got the apple pie with a mocha

And I chose the smores cheesecake

The verdict? The boys and I all loved the air of the place (Greg wasn’t swayed yet by all the fun but Daniel told me a couple days ago it was his favorite restaurant because he and the waiter had a game of poking each other ). The salad and cornbread were both excellent and the potatoes to die for! The desserts were fine but the meats were much too heavily spiced for my taste and I’m sad to say I was a bit let down by this much anticipated meal. I suspect though I would find myself here again given the right circumstances in order to enjoy the atmosphere and those rockin potatoes! Perhaps for lunch when they have sandwiches and such

After dinner, the plan was to take the boat over to MK to pick up the bus back to POP. I knew the geyser went off at the top of the hour but we weren’t really sure where it was and I had feared we’d missed it. We stopped and grabbed a couple pics

and were making our way past the pool when we heard the geyser start so we ran toward the sound

As you can see, the boys really enjoyed this!

Then we rode the boat

And got our first glimpse of the glorious MK!!

We briefly contemplated using those comp park tickets but decided to make it an early night instead so we returned to POP

We still hadn’t heard about our room yet, turns out, it had long been ready but the system was still down and we had failed to get our notice. Luckily, we arrived to find all our bags waiting for us! Daniel was excited to find this little guy also waiting for us

We unpacked, put on jammies and set the alarm to get us to rope drop the next morning

Last edited by kschafer; 07-01-2011 at 08:24 AM. Reason: And we're off!! Part II
Old 07-01-2011, 08:44 AM   #149
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Love it!!!! I think we were having the exact same problem as you except we were at Vero!! Our room had been ready for awhile too but we never got a notice about it!!!

Hmmmm...that smores cheesecake looks delightful!! I want some for bkfast LOL!!!!! Glad you guys had a good meal!!!!

Swimming...definitely a great way to spend the afternoon!!!

Can't wait for more!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #150
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Great start! The pics at the airport are great! I bet the boys love the pool! Well your dinner looked wonderful, sorry it wasn't all that you hoped it would be. I'm impressed you were able to walk away from MK, I think the temptation would have been too much for me!

Can't wait to hear more!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: