Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #16
LissaW16
Mouseketeer

So as you can probably tell, this family is "crafty". Here's a bit of the fun we're having planning for this trip...

My mom helped me with our FE's... (I made 3, Chris made her own)

Chris' FE... (in draft form)
LissaW16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #17
LissaW16
Mouseketeer

More crafty stuff... Wristlets for everyone (even the boys, for theirs I put on clips instead of wrist straps) - for my 4 year old I made them "purse style" (with a strap long enough to wear as a purse)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #18
LissaW16
Mouseketeer

I bought this hat for less than $5 on clearance last fall... and Disney-fied it with some changeable hat bands... made from leftover wristlet & FE fabric:

I think it will make a perfect pool/beach "keep the sun off my fair Minnesota-white face" hat!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #19
Toria
DIS Veteran

Wish I could see the pictures.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #20
LissaW16
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
Wish I could see the pictures.
Can everyone else see the pics?
Old 05-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #21
CDX4
Earning My Ears

Awsome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LissaW16 View Post
Can everyone else see the pics?
The FE's look great! I'm impressed! Love the wristlets too! Now do you plan to use these as wristlets or hook them to a lanyard?

Can't wait to hear your trip report. We leave June 21st for 5 night Dream! Hope you have a great time!
1974 WDW Polynesian; 1976 WDW Contemporary; 1982 WDW Contemporary; 1984 WDW offsite; 1987 WDW Peabody; 1988 WDW offsite; 1996 WDW offsite; 1998 WDW Honeymoon - Coranado Springs; 1998 WDW Yacht Club; 1999 WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2000 WDW Caribbean Beach; 2001 WDW All Star Music; 2002 WDW All Star Movies; 2003 WDW Riverside; 2004 WDW Riverside; 2004 WDW All Star Music; 2008 WDW All Star Music Suites; 2009 WDW All Star Music Suites; June 2011 DCL Dream!! Next DCL cruise in June 2014!
CDX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #22
LissaW16
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDX4 View Post
The FE's look great! I'm impressed! Love the wristlets too! Now do you plan to use these as wristlets or hook them to a lanyard?

Can't wait to hear your trip report. We leave June 21st for 5 night Dream! Hope you have a great time!
Wristlets, or clip with a carabeener (I know I spelled that wrong) to a belt loop or to my beach/pool bag. My camera will fit in the wristlet, so I think it would be too heavy for a lanyard.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #23
LissaW16
Mouseketeer

More crafty goodness, these were made by Chris:

Old 05-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #24
LissaW16
Mouseketeer

And, by the craftiest mom I know (mine)... dinner outfits for my princess...

Old 05-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #25
LissaW16
Mouseketeer

My mom bought me a thermal laminator for my birthday... so with that, a $6 roll of self-adhesive magnet from Michaels, a lot of printer ink, a free "walt-o-graph" font download, and some great DIS-igns from these boards... voila! Door decorations!

There's a few more, but I'm saving a little surprise for when we're on board!
Old 05-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #26
LissaW16
Mouseketeer

Now if you thought my 4 year old's pirate outfit was cute...

Wait til you get a look at Grandma Val!

Old 05-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #27
LissaW16
Mouseketeer

Enough with the pictures, on with the storytelling!

We leave in 8 days. Trinity's suitcase is packed. I discovered last weekend, when I had her trying on all of her summer clothes, that her water sandals (found on clearance last fall) were way too big. I scored an identical pair, one size smaller, gently used on e-bay for less than $10 (that's with shipping). They arrived today.

: I dropped a box off at the post office today to be shipped to the port. It's full of sand/beach toys, our fish extenders, fish extender gifts, my pirate night accessories (the bulky stuff like my belt and shoes), a white photo mat and a set of Sharpie markers, and some random other stuff that I won't need until the cruise. The postage was $16 (parcel post with delivery confirmation), which is still cheaper than another piece of luggage. Plus I packed a roll of tape and a return address label, so I can mail stuff back home, if need be.

Six of the eight of us have been doing a weight loss challenge for the last 18 weeks, in an effort to get a little more fit for the cruise. Of course Trinity doesn't need to lose any weight, and Barb is already at her "goal weight". But the rest of us... mostly Pooh-sized. Final weigh-in is tomorrow. Terry and Tim are neck-and-neck... nearly tied for percent weight loss. I can't wait to see the final results!

Last edited by LissaW16; 05-26-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:10 AM   #28
sheryl921
Earning My Ears

Loving all the craftiness We are doing a 5 day in January, so I am not so patiently waiting for any and all info you can give us when you get back!! Have an AWESOME trip!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #29
LissaW16
Mouseketeer

It was a relief to get this weight-loss challenge done, and enjoy a weekend of eating without stressing... we had steaks on the grill, brats on the grill, and burgers on the grill (all on different days, of course)

Grandpa Terry won the whole thing, down over 55 pounds. Tim came in second, with a 35 pound loss. I pulled a comfortable 3rd, down 27 pounds. Not too shabby!

The package that I shipped Thursday morning arrived today (Tuesday). It's of course 7 days early, but better early than late, right?

All of our suitcases are packed now (with the exception of stuff like underwear - who has enough for the whole work week plus the vacation week?). Next up will be our carry-ons. Tim said to me on Sunday, "What goes in my carry on besides my Kindle?" Um, everything that doesn't fit in mine??? He's going to end up with all the snacks, I think!

My "book" is getting bigger and bigger - a binder with all my confirmations and e-ticket receipts and such. I'm done planning (I hope) and ready to start DOING!

In just over 72 hours, we will be landing in Orlando! Counting down!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:40 PM   #30
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LissaW16 View Post
It was a relief to get this weight-loss challenge done, and enjoy a weekend of eating without stressing... we had steaks on the grill, brats on the grill, and burgers on the grill (all on different days, of course)

Grandpa Terry won the whole thing, down over 55 pounds. Tim came in second, with a 35 pound loss. I pulled a comfortable 3rd, down 27 pounds. Not too shabby!

The package that I shipped Thursday morning arrived today (Tuesday). It's of course 7 days early, but better early than late, right?

All of our suitcases are packed now (with the exception of stuff like underwear - who has enough for the whole work week plus the vacation week?). Next up will be our carry-ons. Tim said to me on Sunday, "What goes in my carry on besides my Kindle?" Um, everything that doesn't fit in mine??? He's going to end up with all the snacks, I think!

My "book" is getting bigger and bigger - a binder with all my confirmations and e-ticket receipts and such. I'm done planning (I hope) and ready to start DOING!

In just over 72 hours, we will be landing in Orlando! Counting down!
HAVE A BLAST! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return

Tags
double dip, dream

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: