Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #16
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran

Love your TR so far. Jambo is a beautiful place. If you come back on points, you must try Kidani. Its more intimate but just a beautiful and peaceful. Can't wait to read the rest. And congrats on your marriage.

Harlemgirl720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:25 PM   #17
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Day 2, Part 1 - Magic Kingdom!

Friday, March 25th 2011

Another morning I'd been imagining and dreaming about daily for 18 months. The moment I'd be with Jack and my parents at the MK opening show. I get shivers thinking about how special that first morning was to me now....even if there was a hiccup involved.....

I was awake at about 5am, checked FaceBook (of course! ) and then it was time to start getting ready for my dreams to really start coming true!

The Magic Kingdom was opening at 8am that morning, and the ticketing system had been down in the resort the night before, so Mum, Dad, Karen and Dave had to collect their passes at the MK gates.

We met in the lobby at 6.45am (gotta love jet lag!!) and caught a bus straight away. As you can see it was still dark out, and everyone took part in Mickey T-shirt Friday!!

Soon we were pulling in! It was pretty much deserted, so we took our time looking across the lake to the Floridian and the Pavilion and then headed up to the gates.

We were the first in line for the ticket windows (which weren't opening for a few minutes) and when the man appeared Dave and Karen went up first....

It was their first time in the States, and had brought their ticket confirmation, but no ID, and a different card to the one that the tickets were bought on! The man couldn't help at all, and they had to head back to the resort and get it!

I felt SOO guilty I hadn't checked they had ID, it's just something we always keep with us in WDW, I just wished I'd asked. I also felt guilty not going back on the bus with them, but Mum & Dad only had this morning at MK, and I so wanted to spend it all with them and see the show. Bad of me, I know.

So, Mum and Dad collected their tickets fine and we were soon let in to wait for the opening!

The show was just as amazing as I remembered, but then I love myself some Disney cheese! I did worry my parents might think "so is this what she goes on about?" until I looked over and my Mum was in tears!!

With that I was set right over the edge, and we hugged it out trying to get our act together while people looked at us a bit bemused.

Here are a couple of photos from the show:

Then it was time to see the castle!!!

This photo makes it look way busier than it was that morning, it was really as quiet as our October trip, I think the 8am really makes a big difference from 9am!

My Dad was starving, so I knew exactly where we were headed!

Main Street Bakery!!

Dad grabbed a bagel and a drink, Jack and sat for a few minutes, then I suggested we let Mum and Dad eat and we could go and grab some Space Mountain fastpasses. Dad agreed that was a plan, so Jack and I headed over to Tomorrowland.

It was seriously deserted! Stitch was there, hiding behind a pillar jumping out at people, we waved "Hi" and headed over to Space Mountain. Our fastpasses were for 8.50-9.50am which I knew we wouldn't make, so was keeping my fingers crossed that the late fast pass plan would be fine!

As we walked back to Main Street my parents were by the Ice Cream parlor, so we walked together, stopping for our first photopass pics, which will be added once I get the CD!

Then it was time for my Mum to face the first challenge of her trip - Splash Mountain!

We headed to Frontierland through Liberty Square, as it's our favourite land, and just the route we always take. Such a wonderful view of the castle from the LS bridge!

Splash was a walk on, so poor Mumsie had no time to back out, and we had a log all to ourselves!

The men went in the front, and us girls sat in the second row!

My Mum adored the ride, and loved the drop!! She was totally in the Disney spirit and smiling from ear to ear, I couldn't have been happier!

Next up was her favourite ride of all time, Big Thunder Mountain!

We got seats near the back and we whooped and hollered and did cowboy voices the whole way round. So much fun!

After the ride we grabbed some fastpasses to give to Dave and Karen.

Once we got off BTM we headed over to Jack's favourite ride, Haunted Mansion, we peeped hard into the construction of the new queue, there were lots of imagineers in there with laptops and things! I was keep my fingers crossed hard it'd be open soon!!

While we were waiting for HM, one of our friends from University, Michelle, text to say they were in the MK so I let her know the plan and said we'd meet up after our ride.

After our visit with the Grim Grinning Ghosts (sadly the Hitchhikers weren't working, just the cover over the mirrors), my Dad was a little disappointed, but I told him about the rumours I'd heard for the improvements. It' a reason for them to go back!

After HM I got a text from Dave saying they were back in the park.

My parents wanted to see the Hall of Presidents, so we agreed to meet them in 30 minutes at the Liberty Bell.

We headed back across the bridge and saw D+K taking photos at the castle. Jack ran to try and get in the background but the saw us coming.

We had a chat about what to do, I said we were meeting my parents in a bit so we had a while to kill.

We all walked through the castle into Fanstasyland, and Jack decided it was fitting to make their first EVER Disney ride the one Jack had been just waiting to see dave's face on for the past two years.

It's a Small World.

They both enjoyed it, and we had a giggle that it was their first ever ride!

We had a slow walk around to Liberty Square, showing them bits along the way. Although it wasn't meeting time Mum and Dad were sitting out in the sun. Turns out there wasn't a show on at HoP for another 20 minutes, so we agreed to go ride Splash with Dave and Karen, and then come back and meet my Parents in another half an hour.

Splash was still a walk on, and D+K loved it! It was such a great morning already!

We headed back to LS and my parents were there with Michelle and her Boyfriend, Kevin. It was just amazing seeing her in the MK!

I kept thinking that things like that should feel weird, being so far from home with so many people from home. But it just felt lovely, and fun, and right!

We all had a little chat about what we'd done that morning and what we had left to do. I gave Dave, Karen, Michelle and Kevin a fast pass each for BTM as none of them had done it. And explained about the late return thing.

It was decided that the next ride was going to be Pirate of the Caribbean, but a snack was in order first.

Jack wanted Dave to have a corn dog, so that was what we got!

It was a hit with all who tried one, and Dave quickly renamed it a 'Sausage Cake'!

After a gentle cruise around Tortuga we browsed the shop, Jack and Michelle having a pirate shoot out!

I was getting itchy feet as I'd been in the MK for 3 hours and not been to Philharmagic. I explained that it was a bit of a walk, but worth it, and everyone was happy to go see it! Yaaay!

It was a walk up, and we had a must do picture while waiting for the doors to open!

Everyone loved it! YAY! I got a little worried before each of the rides that I talked about so much pre-trip in case they didn't live up to my hype.

But how could Philharmagic not? Best. Attraction. Ever!

After the orchestra was back under control we had a stroll through Fantasyland, but the queues were getting up, so we headed over to Tomorrowland. My Dad got entranced watching Pooh and Tigger doing a meet and greet, so stopped to take pictures.

I love watching people get caught up in the Disney magic. My Dad is a huge softie, and I think seeing the little kids cuddle the characters took him back a bit....

We moved onto Tomorrowland. Buzz said a 25 minute wait, which we all agreed was OK, so we hopped in line.

Look at my lovely parents queuing - those are Disney smiles if ever I've seen one!

Jack and Dave were ready for battle!

The line ended up only being about 15 minutes long, if that, and we were soon helping attack evil Emperor Zurg.

Dave beat Jack quite successfully. Even now if we talk about it Jack gets very irate as his gun was broken.

I think it was, as he's great at Buzz, but we all pretend like we don't believe him still. Cruel...but funny!!

It was getting to lunch time, and my Mum really wanted to eat at the Poly, so we decided to go ride Space Mountain with our fastpasses from 3 hours ago, and then head out.

The other 4 guys wanted to stay in the park, so we showed them how to work fastpass machines, at Space Mountain then said "bye for now!'

Mum isn't too keen on rides in the dark, so she sat in the sun with the bags while Jack, Dad and I headed in.

On our last trip Space was under refurbishment, so it was a first time for us, Dad rode back in 1993 so he was the pro space traveller of the group!

Our Fps were fine (phew) and we were soon blasting off!

Eeeek, what a bumpy ride!! None of us were too enamored, and said to Mum she hadn't missed out, as I don't think she'd have liked it.

She had had a wonderful time watching Mickey and Minnie doing a meet & greet and had that dreamy glazed look in her eyes.

And with that it was time to leave that park already!!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #18
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

Loving it
Old 05-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #19
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

I posted on the other trip report thread you started but I just wanted to say "HI!" again and to let you know how excited I am to read all about your trip! Looking forward to more.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #20
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog! Congratulations on your wedding! Can't wait to read to more! We are staying at AKL in November and really enjoyed your safari photo's
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:05 AM   #21
jamjar84
DIS Veteran

Great report so far Victoria.

This may be the most anticipated TR ever. :D
jamjar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:07 AM   #22
tinks_1989
need a like button

Torsie I love your TR's!!!

I am reading this one to Elsie lol! We are both loving it and really looking forward to the next bit!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:03 AM   #23
scottish mum
We still have 2 posties in shorts
I'm still learning how to work it

Sounds like you had a great first morning in MK.

Can't wait to read more
Disneyland Paris 1994, 1997, 2004, 2009
fort wilderness cabins september 2008
Beach Club October 2010

scottish mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #24
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlemgirl720 View Post
Love your TR so far. Jambo is a beautiful place. If you come back on points, you must try Kidani. Its more intimate but just a beautiful and peaceful. Can't wait to read the rest. And congrats on your marriage.
Thanks so much for reading. We had a walk over to Kidani last trip, I really liked it, but Jack prefers Jambo, and I think we would maybe miss the Mara.

I will definitely give it a try one trip though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs View Post
Loving it
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_princess_85 View Post
I posted on the other trip report thread you started but I just wanted to say "HI!" again and to let you know how excited I am to read all about your trip! Looking forward to more.
Haha, yes, I was awkward and wanted to re format it a bit - apologies! Glad you're reading Lauren, more up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog! Congratulations on your wedding! Can't wait to read to more! We are staying at AKL in November and really enjoyed your safari photo's
Thank you! You will love AKL, it's a wonderful hotel, really really special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamjar84 View Post
Great report so far Victoria.

This may be the most anticipated TR ever. :D
Ahaha, wow, I'm not too sure about that! But thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Torsie I love your TR's!!!

I am reading this one to Elsie lol! We are both loving it and really looking forward to the next bit!
OMG, that's so sweet! Hi Elsie!!!! Keep bugging your Mummy to take you to WDW when you're a bit bigger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish mum View Post
Sounds like you had a great first morning in MK.

Can't wait to read more
Thank you, Natalie! More tonight hopefully.

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:48 AM   #25
Tammy Stringer
I love babies - all milky and baby powdery
Do you knit, Barbara?
Up for the marquee option

Really been looking forward to reading your report.

Great so far - how wonderful that you had such a great day at MK with your friends and family

Can't wait to read more especially the Wedding Day

Tammy
Tammy Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #26
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

I'm loveing your trip report, keep them coming.
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #27
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

what a lovely morning in Magic Kingdom and well done to your Mum for braving Splash Mountain

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #28
Lisa x
CAROLINE4 is my sister :)

Loving your trip report! Love how many piccys you post! Cant wait to read more.......

Our Trips: Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2005, Oct 2006, March 2007, Oct 2007, Oct 2008, Oct 2009 we married there , Feb 2010, Oct 2010, Dec 2010/Jan 2011, Oct 2011, June 2012, May 2013, Dec 2013
Lisa x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #29
kirstinemma
Mouseketeer

Your Magic Kingdom morning sounds lovely, can't wait for more!

kirstinemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #30
strawberry blonde
DIS Veteran

Great first couple of days. Can't wait for more
strawberry blonde is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: