DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #886
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Happy Birthday Dave!!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #887
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Ranger Stan is singing with the angels now

Sadly for us, our beloved Ranger Stan lost his battle this afternoon around 4:30. His son in law called Tammy at 5 and shared that he was surrounded by family singing praises. Stan no doubt is with his Maker as I share this. Stan spoke to me several times about the subject and he so looked forward to the day he would be with Him in glory. He has crossed over the river to rest under the shade of the trees. I look forward to the day of seeing him again.

He will be laid to rest in Penn. in a few days. A private family service will take place before burial, with a memorial service in a couple months in FL. to allow all his friends to pay respects. Tammy asked if any donations to charities would be known, at this time nothing planned, but they will let us know. As Muushka mentioned, this would be a nice tribute to the man we affectionately knew as our Ranger Stan. I will stay in touch as this progresses.

I cant thank you all enough for the support you have shown to their family through cards, prayers and anything else you have done. What a great group of folks you are.

My tears are shed, I rejoice for him now as I know he has gone to a better place. I will miss him, WL holds a special place in my heart, but a big part of that went with him. For everybody it means something. For me, it means that I met a guy who had a lasting impact on my life that I never saw coming. My last chance meeting with him came at 10 pm on a Fri. in Dec., where else but the lobby of WL. We both saw each other and asked what we were doing. He and his sweetie were meeting friends, I was taking my last stroll through the lobby before heading home the next day. I hugged him and Carolyn, told them I loved them, and that was it. He was healthy still, full of life, like we who saw him at the groupie meets. He will be forever etched in my memory that way.

Sorry for the long post, but thanks for listening.
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #888
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Sadly for us, our beloved Ranger Stan lost his battle this afternoon around 4:30. His son in law called Tammy at 5 and shared that he was surrounded by family singing praises. Stan no doubt is with his Maker as I share this. Stan spoke to me several times about the subject and he so looked forward to the day he would be with Him in glory. He has crossed over the river to rest under the shade of the trees. I look forward to the day of seeing him again.

He will be laid to rest in Penn. in a few days. A private family service will take place before burial, with a memorial service in a couple months in FL. to allow all his friends to pay respects. Tammy asked if any donations to charities would be known, at this time nothing planned, but they will let us know. As Muushka mentioned, this would be a nice tribute to the man we affectionately knew as our Ranger Stan. I will stay in touch as this progresses.

I cant thank you all enough for the support you have shown to their family through cards, prayers and anything else you have done. What a great group of folks you are.

My tears are shed, I rejoice for him now as I know he has gone to a better place. I will miss him, WL holds a special place in my heart, but a big part of that went with him. For everybody it means something. For me, it means that I met a guy who had a lasting impact on my life that I never saw coming. My last chance meeting with him came at 10 pm on a Fri. in Dec., where else but the lobby of WL. We both saw each other and asked what we were doing. He and his sweetie were meeting friends, I was taking my last stroll through the lobby before heading home the next day. I hugged him and Carolyn, told them I loved them, and that was it. He was healthy still, full of life, like we who saw him at the groupie meets. He will be forever etched in my memory that way.

Words can't express what I'm feeling.
RIP Ranger Stan
Old 07-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #889
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
I have to tell you, being from Mass, many people think I have an accent ~so I will often say things or types words with an accentuated Bawston accent....and for some reason, I always want to call you STOPHA!!! Are you glad we didn't meet in May!!!???
Stopha would work too

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #890
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post

Jimmy, thank you for keeping us updated and posted through this time. Sadness yes, but glad that his ordeal has ended too. He was a special man, and I'm so very glad for you that you had all of the times, conversations, meetings and memories.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #891
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

RIP Ranger Stan.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:09 AM   #892
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Thanks for keeping us informed Jimmy. Hopefully Stan is at peace now and his suffering has ended.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 07-27-2011, 06:40 AM   #893
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

How lucky DiznyDi and I were to have known Ranger Stan & Sweety, his beloved Carolyn. Here are just a few of the memories we have of the best loved Ranger we know . . . .

On top of his world, keeping watch . . . . .

Sharing his love of the Lodge; each flag raised was a part of him . . .

Stan & Carolyn; never far apart.

Groupie Meet fun . . . .

Ranger Stan: An American hero, who let you know how important our flag, our country, and our faith was to daily living. Just look at the smile it brought to his face. . . . .

THANKS RANGER STAN . . . for teaching us to have fun, have faith, and have respect for each other.

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14][SSR 5/15][VWL 10/15][VWL 12/15]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 07-27-2011, 06:43 AM   #894
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Thanks Jimmy for letting us all know about Stan and Carolyn.

We will continue to keep Carolyn in our prayers as she faces the future on new terms.

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14][SSR 5/15][VWL 10/15][VWL 12/15]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 07-27-2011, 07:19 AM   #895
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about the loss of Stan. He'll be with Pete Dominick now, perhaps giving tours of heaven's domain.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #896
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Thank you so much, DDad, for that wonderful tribute with pictures. Tears streaming down my face.....

As I wrote to Jimmy just now, I will write here. Thank you Jimmy, for being the conduit between Ranger Stan and the Groupies.
Thank you for sharing your dear friend's life with us. I know Ranger Stan is in the most awesome place, but his family and friends are left behind. But we know that we will see him again one day, and for that, I thank God. So Jimmy, please feel our appreciation. You were able to turn a legend into a man, a friend.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #897
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

JT, I know it will be tough, but you might want to post a message on the DVC-Mouscellaneous board and over on the Resorts/WL board about Ranger Stan's passing.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #898
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
Here are just a few of the memories we have of the best loved Ranger we know . . . .
What a beautiful and moving photo tribute to Stan. Every picture captured his spirit so well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
So sorry to hear about the loss of Stan. He'll be with Pete Dominick now, perhaps giving tours of heaven's domain.
I like this thought a lot. If anything, Pete should be thanking Stan for bringing his design to life and connecting it to so many people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
As I wrote to Jimmy just now, I will write here. Thank you Jimmy, for being the conduit between Ranger Stan and the Groupies.
Thank you for sharing your dear friend's life with us. I know Ranger Stan is in the most awesome place, but his family and friends are left behind. But we know that we will see him again one day, and for that, I thank God. So Jimmy, please feel our appreciation. You were able to turn a legend into a man, a friend.
Beautifully written, Barb. I can't add to this and can only echo your thoughts and sentiments.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Last edited by Granny; 07-28-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:48 AM   #899
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

JT - Thank you so much for letting us know. I am so sad that I never got the chance to meet him.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #900
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

RIP Ranger Stan and Thank you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: