DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #796
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Kathy....prayers continue to be sent up for you, your mother and your family. Best wishes during this very challenging time.

2. Big Bertha is the organ over at Grand Floridian.

4. Oswald the Rabbit was created by Walt, but not for Disney studios. As I recall, the place he worked at that time ripped off all rights to Oswald so then Walt decided to go into business for himself. Additional trivia indicates that he wanted to call his next character Mortimer Mouse, but thank goodness his wife Lily came up with Mickey instead. Really, who would want to look for Hidden Mortimers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
Those are my guesses.

Granny and WD you guys are just too smart!!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #797
Dynaguy
Earning My Ears

Thank You all for the welcomes!

Horselover, I share your taste in resorts!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #798
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynaguy View Post
Horselover, I share your taste in resorts!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #799
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Twokats - I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I was not able to be there for my Mom when she passed away in May. I wish I could have been there for her. How blessed your mom is to have so much support from you!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #800
cheer4bison
Mouseketeer

Thinking of you and your family TwoKats!

Old 07-19-2011, 08:55 PM   #801
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

You are in my thoughts and prayers twokats.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #802
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
I also send a big welcome to Dynaguy!!!

Update on my Mom. . . . is not good. She took a sudden turn for the worse Sunday morning and we are in the comfort mode that hospice takes. I am staying with her at night and we are trying to have someone with her all day also. My DH is being very supportive especially in that he and my DS are being neglected and having to take care of everything by themselves. And to top it off my DS sprained his ankle very bad on Saturday afternoon. I know my Dad is standing at the gates waiting for her to join him.
Believe me, I have had a few private pity parties, but then I take a deep breath and carry on. I just want her to be in peace.
Thanks to all of you groupies and I hope everyone is keeping cool. We have been over 100 for well over two weeks in a row.
So sorry to hear about your mom and your son. Prayers are being said for both of them as well as you. Knowing that a parent will be better off once the battle is over certainly doesn't make it any easier. When my dad died, it was such a relief that his battle was over. But my heart still broke.

Weather here has been horrendous, too. This is why I could never enjoy WDW in the summertime. I've been trying to stay inside in the A/C but errands still need to be run. I can't imagine being over 100 much less for two weeks in a row!

Old 07-19-2011, 10:28 PM   #803
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
Welcome Dynaguy!

Inkmahm - please pass on to Horselover your technique for getting Dynaguy on the thread. We need Anniversary Guy checking in every once in a while!
My secret is that we are taking a DCL cruise next August to Canada, to ports that I know nothing at all about. There is a thread started on the cruise board to help us with info about the locations. Since I know nothing about the area, I wanted Dynaguy to join the DIS so that he could subscribe to that thread and help me with the research and planning.

And since he was joining for that thread, I told him he HAD to come check in on the moose thread since he already knew people here. I warned him that you guys here knew all about our puppy Cinderella, the family surgeries, my temporary retirement, etc. Also told him that you are the most supportive people I've ever met. Prayer requests here are met almost before they are even requested. I really hope we will be able to make it to a group meet in December so that we can meet more of you in person.

Now as far as the name Dynaguy, it isn't what I would have selected for him. But his favorite movie is the Incredibles (he has almost all of the Disney Incredibles pins for his collection.) And we often use the phrase "capes are bad" in our house. I guess no one else wanted to be known as a dead Disney character.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #804
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Hi Groupies! I'm back from my trip west, and my grandmother's memorial service. It was a fun-filled weekend full of family and friends time, as well as a day at Disneyland on Monday. The memorial itself on Saturday went really well... thanks for the prayers and kind words leading up to it last week. I spoke as I had mentioned, and despite my nerves, and a couple of times of breaking down almost crying, it was good and fun. Several of my cousins also spoke, along with aunts and uncles and my dad. All in all there were about 70-75 people there - with family members in from 10 states. This was the first time that the 6 cousins from my generation were all together at one time in about 25 years. I had an awesome conversation with one of my great uncles (my grandmother's younger brother, and now the last living relative from her immediate family - there were 6 siblings originally). Another great-uncle who is 94, almost 95, recognized me without any problem - announcing, "there's Christopher!" as soon as he walked into the room. There was plenty of laughter, tears, hugs and remembrances. We could all picture her dancing in heaven, and were so thankful for the wonderful life that she had led.

Disneyland and California Adventure were fun. I stayed in the renovated Adventure Tower at the Disneyland Hotel, and of course went over and sat in the lobby of the Grand Californian for a while. I got to ride the new Little Mermaid ride, as well as experienced the new Star Tours again (I did it 14x at WDW in May, but only 3x at DL... but still saw something new that I had not seen at WDW in one of those 3 trips). I enjoyed the new "Mickey's Soundsational Parade" at DL, and got to hang out with some friends.

I also spent time with my FIL at his place in San Clemente. I am sad to report that he continues to go downhill. He is very much in denial still. It was very frustrating and sad while I was there. He LOOKS okay, but is just getting worse. More pain, harder to walk, hard to sleep, etc, etc. He's a stubborn man and that just exacerbates it. But despite it all, it was wonderful to hang together and spend some good one on one time with him.

Okay, that's about it for now. I'm beat, and need to hit the hay. I landed at 12:30am this morning, home by nearly 2am - then straight to work and meetings all day and evening. Phwew. I'll be back on here tomorrow or soon.

Take care all.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #805
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Sending out my prayers and all my love to you and your family Kathy. You're family is being supportive because they love you, take comfort in that. let in envelope and warm you. Sounds like your mom was a terrific lady with many love ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
So sorry Kathy. We will pray for peace for all of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Praying for peace for your mom Kathy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
For you, Kathy and your husband and son (poor kid, hope that ankle heals quickly).
I'll be praying for a wonderful reunion between your Mom and Dad. God is good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Kathy....prayers continue to be sent up for you, your mother and your family. Best wishes during this very challenging time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
Oh Kathy, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
Twokats - I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I was not able to be there for my Mom when she passed away in May. I wish I could have been there for her. How blessed your mom is to have so much support from you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer4bison View Post
Thinking of you and your family TwoKats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
You are in my thoughts and prayers twokats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
So sorry to hear about your mom and your son. Prayers are being said for both of them as well as you. Knowing that a parent will be better off once the battle is over certainly doesn't make it any easier. When my dad died, it was such a relief that his battle was over. But my heart still broke.

Weather here has been horrendous, too. This is why I could never enjoy WDW in the summertime. I've been trying to stay inside in the A/C but errands still need to be run. I can't imagine being over 100 much less for two weeks in a row!
I thank all of you again. She is hanging in there, but still goes down daily. I also have a good support system around here. I have had plenty of people around to give me time to run errands and keep appointments, but it is hard not being home at night. I have laughed and told my husband it will take him two truck loads to move me back home with all the stuff I have brought up here to be able to get stuff done.

We are still in the triple digit temps. Our county finally joined the burn ban status. I think there are only 5 counties left in the state before we have all involved.

Hope all groupies have had a good week.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 07-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #806
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Hi Groupies! I'm back from my trip west, and my grandmother's memorial service. It was a fun-filled weekend full of family and friends time, as well as a day at Disneyland on Monday.
Glad you're back and had a nice time despite the sad reason for going. We look forward to you in daily discussions and hearing about your upcoming trips.

14X on Star Tours at WDW and 3X at DL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's amazing! I've been on it 12X so far, but hope to do some catching up in a couple months. I do have to say I did see all the possible scenarios in those 12X.
Glad to hear you're back safe and sound and enjoyed yourself.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #807
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Groupies! I'm back from my trip west, and my grandmother's memorial service. It was a fun-filled weekend full of family and friends time, as well as a day at Disneyland on Monday. .
Glad things went so well at the memorial service and that you got to see so much of your family. It is just a shame that those are the times when we get to see people we haven't seen in forever. Glad you got to spend some time with your FIL too. Sorry that he is not doing well. I'll keep him in my prayers.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #808
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Hi Groupies! I'm back from my trip west, and my grandmother's memorial service.
Awww. I am so glad that all went well for you and your family. And I'm glad you got to spend some more time with your FIL.

Lifting him up in prayer.

PS can you try texting me again? I am still not sure what happened that I could not receive yours a while back.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #809
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

I got some bad news yesterday about an old friend.

To begin with, his wife died at the end of May (she is early 60's) this year. And yesterday he passed away (same age).

She had cancer and he had ALS and I believe, a broken heart.

My only reason for posting this is that some days I just have to be shaken a little and realize how fragile life is. That and, don't wait too long to talk to someone about their loss of a loved one. I held onto his email about his beloved wife passing away and was waiting for the dust to settle to tell him how much we loved her and that she will be missed.

Chuck and I cried last night and asked the Lord to please tell this wonderful couple
that they are loved and we will see them again one day.

Thanks for listening Groupies.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #810
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Christopher~glad to hear all went well, and welcom back. Now settle down will ya

Muush~ I am sorry about your friend and his wife. I am sure they are looking down and know what you are feeling.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: