DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #736
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Speaking of the service, I have been asked to be one of the speakers, plus a scripture reader, plus a driver to pick-up (and later take home again) two of the oldest relatives. Saturday will be a LONG, full day. I'm not a huge fan of public speaking, tending to get nervous and voice wavering, etc as a result of my innate introversion (yes Muush, I really am quite introverted and shy)... so pray for me please. Even though a lot of the people expected are of course family members, it doesn't matter. I tend to have issues with public speaking.
Stopher, if I can do it especially with all the prayers the groupies gave me, I feel confident in you also. It was really hard, but I focused on my brother and did not really notice how many people were in the room (and there was a lot).
Good luck and have a safe trip.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 07-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #737
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Hello friends!

This summer has just been crazy. I cannot stop and catch my breath. Here there and everywhere... phwew. Last week I was in Cincinnati all week for work, and then over the weekend on a Scout campout, and tomorrow I leave for CA for my grandmother's memorial service on Saturday. Crazy.

Speaking of the service, I have been asked to be one of the speakers, plus a scripture reader, plus a driver to pick-up (and later take home again) two of the oldest relatives. Saturday will be a LONG, full day. I'm not a huge fan of public speaking, tending to get nervous and voice wavering, etc as a result of my innate introversion (yes Muush, I really am quite introverted and shy)... so pray for me please. Even though a lot of the people expected are of course family members, it doesn't matter. I tend to have issues with public speaking. My uncle tells me they are expecting close to 100 people. Family members from at least 10 states are heading in for the gathering.

I fly at 0'dark 30 in the am tomorrow, and then return home on Tuesday. I will be going to Disneyland on Monday, staying at the DL Hotel. (Couldn't get a room at my beloved Grand Californian... but that's okay, I want to see the renovations at the DLH closely too). Can't wait for that visit. I'll be spending time with my FIL as well, and get to see first-hand how he's doing. And I get to have lunch with friends on Thursday, as well as dinner with a different friend, plus a gathering of friends Sunday afternoon/evening. So it's definitely going to be a full "bang for your buck" kind of trip.

Have a great day Groupies! I'll check back in again soon.
I find that very hard to believe (introverted? Stopher???) but I do believe you. I hope that the words flow from you, and that the service is a blessing to all.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #738
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
Your wish is my command eliza!

Thanks for the photos, Christopher.....BUT, I need to know when you visited the WL and the pools were that empty!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #739
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Christopher, you will be in my prayers. I am sure you will do a wonderful job speaking. Have a safe trip.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #740
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Stop her you will be great...speak from your heart!

And speaking of the pool, when we were there the very beginning of this very July...there were no ducks in the pool! What is with that!?

Meanwhile...very excited..a friend called and asked if I would "tour guide" for them! I was at first reluctant...but they convinced me to go along! We will all be staying at SSR...never stayed there. I'll be there for 5 nights! My guide and I have talked many times about how much fun it would be to see DVC as a possible tour setter upper! Soooo, she is setting me up to shadow someone when I'm down! I'm hoping the state will soon offer early retirement for teachers in the near future!

Anyway...will be heading back to the world August 10-15!
Old 07-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #741
I Book He Pays
I love Mickey Mouse!

Hi Groupies:

lisa0711 ~ Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had an enjoyable day!

jimmytammy ~ Many years ago... DH/I stayed at a timeshare in Boone and visited Grandfather Mtn. It was during the winter and the area was beautiful! I hope to go back in the future and explore the area more. How's Stan doing?

eliza61 ~ Pictures... NP!

Weather wise... it's been brutal here as well in central NJ. Today was comfortable and less humid. The past few days our heat index reached 100 and we were in the mid 90's. I don't mind the heat but the humidity gets to me.

stopher1 ~ Wishing you a safe trip to CA and good luck with your speech. Like you, I have issues talking in front of people. Having "all eyes on me" scares the daylights out of me. If I'm sitting down with a small group of people I'm fine. Focus on the memories that you had with your grandmother, the good times you shared with her, family gatherings, holidays, etc. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

stopher1/Dizny Dad/Granny/KAT4Disney ~ Great pictures and the ducks are so cute!!!

blossomz ~ DH/I stayed at SSR in May for two weeks so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask here (if others don't mind) or via. PM. I'll be glad to help you out! If you need an assistant... I'll go... hmmm... not sure how DH would feel about that! LOL

Hello to everyone else!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #742
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Stopher
You will do fine. I was very much an introvert, shy, didnt like getting in front of people for any reason. I know, like you, its hard to believe I was that way. But I sorta forced myself by Gods grace to step up and do something out of character. We had an adult sunday school class teaching position open, and I felt God pushing me to take it. Mind you, I had never done something like this before, let alone having to teach from Revelation

Point is I did it, with Gods help. I prayed about it, not wanting to mess up cause here I was teaching His word. If it feels natural, share your faith, share your memories, God will speak through you if He has something He wants heard. Lean on Him, He will see you through. And He may just be preparing you for something down the road.

I will be praying for you, but you will do fine
Old 07-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #743
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Stan the Man update

Just off the phone with Stan. He sounded good. He finished treatments 2 days ago, started Iprogen shots(not sure if Im saying or spelling this right)but as before its to help him stay strong while the treatments do there thing. Nurse told him to expect severe joint pain because of meds, but so far, no pain after 3 shots He says his #s are looking good, good #s going up, bad #s going down. He feels there is good possibility he will go home by Sat.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:02 PM   #744
cheer4bison
Mouseketeer

Hi there Groupies!

You are such a warm, knowledgeable bunch that I thought one or two among you (or perhaps more) might be interested in applying for the 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel. In case you missed it, here is the announcement that ran recently on the Disney Parks blog:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ie-dust-level/

And, in case you were curious, I'm the second one on the left in blue.

If you have even the slightest inclination to apply, go for it! Without hesitation I can say it has been one of the most extraordinary experiences of my life. It is a priceless opportunity to learn something new, stretch your personal boundaries, and best of all, help others make the most of their Disney vacations.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #745
cheer4bison
Mouseketeer

S'Mores cupcakes

Saw these on the Disney blog this morning. I spotted them at Roaring Fork last May too but was not hungry at the time. Sigh. Has anyone ever had one? Are they as yummy as they look?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/0...derness-lodge/

And, did you know that Roaring Fork started serving Mickey waffles this spring? Very excited to make this discovery.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #746
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer4bison View Post
Saw these on the Disney blog this morning. I spotted them at Roaring Fork last May too but was not hungry at the time. Sigh. Has anyone ever had one? Are they as yummy as they look?

And, did you know that Roaring Fork started serving Mickey waffles this spring? Very excited to make this discovery.
I'm not a big cake fan (which is so weird considering my sweet tooth! ) but I might have to try that cupcake! And Mickey waffles too?!?!? Time for a trip!

Old 07-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #747
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer4bison View Post

That cake looks good. I could, however, go right now for a Mickey Premium Bar.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #748
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

I book he pays...thanks for your offer to help. Mainly I'm wondering the best place to be/request. After researching, it seems I want Congress Park which I have requested. Any thoughts?
Old 07-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #749
cheer4bison
Mouseketeer

Congress Park, Downtown Disney view...that's what I'd request. We liked this resort way more than we anticipated we would when we stayed there two summers ago. Have fun Blossomz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
I book he pays...thanks for your offer to help. Mainly I'm wondering the best place to be/request. After researching, it seems I want Congress Park which I have requested. Any thoughts?

Old 07-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #750
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Just off the phone with Stan. He sounded good. He finished treatments 2 days ago, started Iprogen shots(not sure if Im saying or spelling this right)but as before its to help him stay strong while the treatments do there thing. Nurse told him to expect severe joint pain because of meds, but so far, no pain after 3 shots He says his #s are looking good, good #s going up, bad #s going down. He feels there is good possibility he will go home by Sat.
Jimmy, you are not too far off they are nuprogen shots. Mom had to have a lot of them during her chemo days.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: