DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #661
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
Hi everyone! Relaxing pool side at our beloved VWL pool. Been checking in via Facebook. Haven't been able to post till now. Spent 4 lovely nights at Kidani and then moved here. We are in 5557....the very last room lakeside on the long hall. Actually very roomy 2 BR! Having a great trip. Still hard not to find Stan! Will post some photos when I get back. Check out Yee Haw Bob's photos. We had a blast with him at POR. He is definitely worth checking out. So much fun and another great Disney treasure!
I was reading about Yeehaa Bob in Celebrations Mag. What time does he play, he sounds interesting?
Old 07-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #662
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

His show is awesome! He plays the River Roost lounge from 8 pm to 11:45 pm. He doesn't stop! The show is really gun. First set is for younger kids. As he moves thru the evening his music is geared more to adults. Lots of audience participation. He is there Wed to Sat. I always thought it would be hard to get there without a car but it is an easy boatride from DD. Definitely not to be missed! Loads of fun!

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR, 6/00, 8/02 WL, 07/03, 2/11 BCV 7/04, 2/11 VB, 7/04, 7/05, 6/06, 7/07, 2/11 VWL, 7/07, 04/08, 2/11 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV, 12/08, 6/11, 6/12 Poly, 6/09 Kidani Wonder 6/09, 6/10, BLT 6/10, 3/13, Dream 2/11,9/12, 1/13,3/13 SSR 8/11, OKW 4/12 THV 2/13, 9/13.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #663
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
His show is awesome! He plays the River Roost lounge from 8 pm to 11:45 pm. He doesn't stop! The show is really gun. First set is for younger kids. As he moves thru the evening his music is geared more to adults. Lots of audience participation. He is there Wed to Sat. I always thought it would be hard to get there without a car but it is an easy boatride from DD. Definitely not to be missed! Loads of fun!
Thanks!!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #664
twokats
DIS Veteran

Happy 4th of July to all Groupies!!!

Thought I would finally check in and give an update from me and mom and a happy birthday to all that have had one, hope all had good trips that have been lately, good planning to those getting ready in the next few and I am also so glad that Stan is better.

I got my "graduation" certificate Thursday June 30th, for my last radiation treatment!! The area is a little "sunburned", but my radiation oncologist has been very pleased with how I have tolerated the treatments. I started my chemo pill last night, so now I will wait and see if I tolerate that as well.

Sorry I cannot give as good of news for my darling Mom. She has gotten progressively worse. She finished her last chemo pill Wednesday and we made the decision not to do any more since the side effects from it are getting as bad as the other chemo was and the cancer is not responding to it at all. The numbers are going higher and higher and the pain is constant. She has lost the use of her legs, so she is now totally bedridden and we left home health Friday and switched to our local hospice agency. We had our first nurse visit today and they are trying some new meds since even the morphine (which we just started 3 weeks ago) is not totally working anymore. I have slowly been taking care of legal issues that have been needed and am making notes of several of her wishes so that I can carry them out. I don't want to loose her, but it is really hard to see her in such pain, so we pray for God's will and make her as comfortable as possible.

As usual I thank my Groupie friends for your support and all of your listening ears to be able to give an occasional vent. I really do wish that each and every one of you has a great holiday weekend.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - April 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 07-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #665
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone! Relaxing pool side at our beloved VWL pool. Been checking in via Facebook. Haven't been able to post till now. Spent 4 lovely nights at Kidani and then moved here. We are in 5557....the very last room lakeside on the long hall. Actually very roomy 2 BR! Having a great trip. Still hard not to find Stan! Will post some photos when I get back. Check out Yee Haw Bob's photos. We had a blast with him at POR. He is definitely worth checking out. So much fun and another great Disney treasure!
Hi blossomz ~Jealous !!!! Glad you're having fun though ! I'll have to check out Yee Haw Bob soon !

DiznyDi.....still on dial-up ? I thought that was outlawed !?!?

Old 07-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #666
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post

Thought I would finally check in and give an update from me and mom and a happy birthday to all that have had one, hope all had good trips that have been lately, good planning to those getting ready in the next few and I am also so glad that Stan is better.

I got my "graduation" certificate Thursday June 30th, for my last radiation treatment!! The area is a little "sunburned", but my radiation oncologist has been very pleased with how I have tolerated the treatments. I started my chemo pill last night, so now I will wait and see if I tolerate that as well.

Sorry I cannot give as good of news for my darling Mom. She has gotten progressively worse. She finished her last chemo pill Wednesday and we made the decision not to do any more since the side effects from it are getting as bad as the other chemo was and the cancer is not responding to it at all. The numbers are going higher and higher and the pain is constant. She has lost the use of her legs, so she is now totally bedridden and we left home health Friday and switched to our local hospice agency. We had our first nurse visit today and they are trying some new meds since even the morphine (which we just started 3 weeks ago) is not totally working anymore. I have slowly been taking care of legal issues that have been needed and am making notes of several of her wishes so that I can carry them out. I don't want to loose her, but it is really hard to see her in such pain, so we pray for God's will and make her as comfortable as possible.

As usual I thank my Groupie friends for your support and all of your listening ears to be able to give an occasional vent. I really do wish that each and every one of you has a great holiday weekend.
twokats....
So happy and relieved you have responded to the radiation. Congrats on the graudation ! I wish you continued improvement !
In regards to your mother....my heart goes out to you. Dh and I were in a very similar situation in 2004 so I know how difficult and a heartbreaking a time this is. Thoughts going out to you and prayers up to heaven......hang in there.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #667
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Twokats - Congrats on your recovery, but so sorry to hear about your mother. I lost a dear friend to cancer several years ago and it went much like you are describing with your mother. I am so sorry for what you are going through, and the pain that she is in. I will keep you in my prayers.
Alison ~~~~ Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 07-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #668
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So glad you are doing well. I wish the same could be said for your mom. So sorry she is going through this. My prayers go out to her.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #669
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Kat..glad you are doing well but so sorry about your mom.

Sitting at MCO...flight delay

9:15 pm. We are driving home! Flight was only 30 min delayed. Back to reality!

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR, 6/00, 8/02 WL, 07/03, 2/11 BCV 7/04, 2/11 VB, 7/04, 7/05, 6/06, 7/07, 2/11 VWL, 7/07, 04/08, 2/11 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV, 12/08, 6/11, 6/12 Poly, 6/09 Kidani Wonder 6/09, 6/10, BLT 6/10, 3/13, Dream 2/11,9/12, 1/13,3/13 SSR 8/11, OKW 4/12 THV 2/13, 9/13.

Last edited by blossomz; 07-03-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:04 AM   #670
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
Kathy,

So great to hear you are doing well, and hope you continue to do so. I am so sorry about your mom. It is just so hard. Sending prayers and thoughts your way.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:10 AM   #671
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Happy Independence Day Groupies,

Today by "baby" turns 21! We celebrated yesterday, every year we have a party for him and my dad, who turned 80 yesterday. It was a wonderful day.

Hope you all have a nice day!

Old 07-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #672
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Happy Independence Day!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:21 AM   #673
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Kat
Prayers continuing for you and your family
Old 07-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #674
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Twokats - hooray on your good news! So glad to hear you've been responding well to the treatment. I'm very sorry to hear the bad news about your DM. The final part of the journey can be very difficult to watch. My heart breaks for you & your mom. I will continue to pray for God's blessings & guidance for all of your during this difficult time.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #675
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:

Bittersweet news, Kathy. Praying for your continued recovery and strength. And praying for your Mom, and God's will.

Peace be with you both.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: