DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #631
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Elisa -

A nice laugh; it gave me something to do on my lunch break, especially since DiznyDi is shopping 62% of the time . . .

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 06-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #632
I Book He Pays
I love Mickey Mouse!

Hi Groupies!

wildernessDad ~ I'm not a DVC owner but after what DH/I experienced in May... Love It, Love It, Love It! We plan on becoming DVC owners in the future once we move to SC. I can understand why DVC is extremely popular and everyone loves it.

jimmytammy ~ Great news about Stan!! Thanks so much for the update.

Muushka ~ OUCH...

Eliza61 ~ LOL... Those advertisements are a hoot!

Anyone have plans for the holiday weekend?

Have a great afternoon!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #633
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

I should have qualified my statement about my eardrum being clinically popped. I felt great relief once that pressure went away!

E, too funny.

I Book Just a cookout with friends on Sunday evening.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #634
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Oh eliza...eliza...eliza......you find the best stuff ! Thanks SO much for the laugh !!!!!

Old 06-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #635
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
Jimmy,

I hope your PM space is full because of the overwhelming response for Stan & Carolyn's address. Thanks for taking care of that and for spreading it around.

Don't let anyone know I was looking for it also . . .
It is !!!!!!! I just tried to send JT a PM....full for sure

Old 06-29-2011, 07:51 AM   #636
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

I'm baaaaacccckkkkkk!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I haven't taken the time to go back and read through what I missed yet, but I will. I'm sure SOMETHING notable happened in those 8 or 9 pages I missed while being gone. (I WILL read through these... I won't read through the 52 pages I missed over on the Dad's Club thread though... way too much silliness there to spend time actually trying to get caught up).

It was wonderful once again to spend a week deep in the woods. My soul is refreshed. The deer were so beautiful. I saw to different bucks - one with an enormous rack, the other smaller but still quite impressive. But the doe and her fawns were so neat to watch. Twice during the week they came ambling through our campsite in the wee hours of morning. As the Camp Director, I'm first up in the morning and last to bed at night. All week I got about 18 hours of sleep in total. Then when I got home, I slept for nearly that amount in one session ... but here it is 4 days later and I'm still tired. That's okay... I love it.

I spent a lot of great times in conversation with both adults and Scouts. We have some awesome young men in our Troop, and it's a pleasure to be able to get to know them, and to be a mentor to them.

I head west on July 14th for my grandmother's memorial service. She was buried in a quiet, no fanfare kind of way with plans for the service well underway. Family from all over the country will be there... so I'm looking forward to seeing the various aunts, uncles, great-aunts & uncles, cousins, second cousins, my brother, my dad, etc... Due to airfare cost, I had to stretch out my trip a bit (I get up to 5 days bereavement leave, and I'm pretty much taking it all)... and while I'm there I decided I couldn't be in So Cal and NOT visit my happy place... so Disneyland is on the agenda as well. I couldn't get a room at VGC, but that's okay. I'll survive.

I'll be back around soon - I just wanted to say hi.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #637
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
I will PM you his home address. If anyone else needs it I will be glad to share as well.
Got it! Thanks!

Eliza - That was too funny!

Stopher - Glad you had such a good time. I love it when I see deer when I go for my walk. They are beautiful animals.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #638
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

So my DH informed me last night that we are going to DW in December! We won't be staying at the Lodge. Boo Hoo. We will be at BWV and Portofino Bay where we will be doing the Harry Potter thing that the Dis podcast is having. We will be there Dec 2 thru the 12th. Hopefully this years trip will be better than last years. Although we stayed at the Grand Floridian and the Lodge it wasn't much fun. A week before we left my DH threw out his back, then DD and I both got sick while there. Glad to have a trip to plan!!!! Gotta get a ticker!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #639
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Eliza - Very Funny! Yes, times have changed quite a bit!

I Book - Our Community Concert Band is giving a concert the night of the 4th before they show the fireworks over the Queen Mary in Long Beach. Should be a busy and crazy evening!

Stopher - I hope you plan on staying in the OC while you are here. I'm not sure how much you follow SoCal news anymore, but you are coming the weekend of Carmageddon. They are closing the 405 from the 101 to the 10 Freeways and if you listen to the Media you would think that the world was coming to an end and we will forever be separated from those North of UCLA!

I hope that enjoy your family time and visit to DL while you are here. It's a sad reason for visiting but celebrate your wonderful grandmother and cherish the precious time you have with the family you still have.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 06-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #640
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
So my DH informed me last night that we are going to DW in December! We won't be staying at the Lodge. Boo Hoo. We will be at BWV and Portofino Bay where we will be doing the Harry Potter thing that the Dis podcast is having. We will be there Dec 2 thru the 12th. Hopefully this years trip will be better than last years. Although we stayed at the Grand Floridian and the Lodge it wasn't much fun. A week before we left my DH threw out his back, then DD and I both got sick while there. Glad to have a trip to plan!!!! Gotta get a ticker!!!
WooHoo! Lucky you! I love Portofino Bay, what a beautiful resort! Enjoy! Pictures!!

Stopher, good to see you I thought it was a little quiet around here, you were missed.
I also hope that your time in CA is a blessed one.
Remembering your Grandmother, being with family.
And a sweet visit to the CA Mouse.

And Happy Birthday tomorrow to a very special Groupie....
.......wait for it.....

Magicalmcwho! Have a great day tomorrow!!!

Where are we going to enjoy the birthday together???

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:36 PM   #641
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Book He Pays View Post
Hi Groupies!
Anyone have plans for the holiday weekend?

Have a great afternoon!
Unfortunately I have to work Sat/Sun/Mon 3 pm to 11:30 pm all days
But I hope you all have a great weekend !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan
So my DH informed me last night that we are going to DW in December! We won't be staying at the Lodge. Boo Hoo. We will be at BWV and Portofino Bay where we will be doing the Harry Potter thing that the Dis podcast is having. We will be there Dec 2 thru the 12th.
Sounds like an awesome trip ! I have always wanted to stay at PB !!!!

Stopher....welcome back. Sounds like a nice relaxing trip you had. I'm sure your July trip will be bittersweet in that it's the memorial service for your loved one---but you will also get to see lots of family. Sweet you're making a side trip to DL

Old 06-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #642
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Have you all seen this Restaurants.com offer orig sent by Mousesavers.com ? Expires tomorrow. Use the promo code "SUMMER" to get the full discount. They never expire. Unfortunately House of Blues is sold out. But I am going to be trying several Swan and Dolphin restaurants with these certificates. I purchased certificates for $125 worth of food for $10

Quote:
Save even more on already discounted gift certificates from Restaurant.com! Enter a promotional code listed below in the field on your shopping cart. Remember to click "Recalculate Total" to apply your savings.

Get an extra 80% off already discounted $25 gift certificates at Restaurant.com! Buy a $25 certificate for just $2 after the discount. Use code SUMMER. Expires 6/30/11.

Restaurant.com requires a US zip code when purchasing. However, readers in the UK and Canada report using Restaurant.com successfully by changing their postal code for any random US zip code, such as 32830, which is the zip code for Disney World. They report that Canadian and UK credit cards usually go through just fine even with the wrong postal code attached. Since you print out Restaurant.com certificates at home, your mailing address isn't used for mailing purposes; thus having the wrong postal code on the account really doesn't matter.

Promo codes cannot be combined with any other discount, rebate or promotion. Savings cannot be applied to the redemption of Mega Certificates or Restaurant.com certificates.
http://www.mousesavers.com/meals.html#restcom

Old 06-29-2011, 05:45 PM   #643
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Have you all seen this Restaurants.com offer orig sent by Mousesavers.com ? Expires tomorrow. Use the promo code "SUMMER" to get the full discount. They never expire. Unfortunately House of Blues is sold out. But I am going to be trying several Swan and Dolphin restaurants with these certificates. I purchased certificates for $125 worth of food for $10

http://www.mousesavers.com/meals.html#restcom

I stocked up on them a couple of days ago - since they never expire I'm planning to use one or two each trip.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:46 AM   #644
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

My PM box is now able to take more, so anyone needing Stans address, just send me a message and I will get back with ASAP
Old 06-30-2011, 05:49 AM   #645
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Happy Birthday Magicalmcwho!!
I have had the opportunity to meet Jim on several occasions at VWL and he is a great guy!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: