DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #46
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
And now......big, really big, announcement.

Tomorrow is DiznyzDad's birthday!!!

Give it up for DiznyzDad!!!!

So, where are we going to have lunch??????
Happy Birthday!

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries

Old 05-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #47
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoal13 View Post
Quick question about the villas. Do they have an hdmi cable? I'm bringing my laptop and if there is an hdmi cable I don't need to pack ours to watch netflix on the tv. Thanks!
No HDMI cable in the room. The living room TV has a separate connection box with inputs for HDMI, VGA, and also a regular standard def video in (RCA type connector). The bedroom TV does not have a connection box but you can get to the back of the TV since it is not in an enclosed cabinet. There are accessible HDMI inputs on the back of that TV.

I have not tested any of these so can't say how well they work.

Here is a photo of the connection box in the Kidani rooms. The box in our VWL room looks exactly the same. It's not a very good photo but should be good enough to show you what you will have to work with here:

Last edited by LisaS; 05-07-2011 at 03:56 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #48
KeepSwimmingDory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Jen View Post
DH got me a wonderful slide show program as an early Mothers Day gift. I was playing around with it late last night with some of our VWL/WL photos from our 2009 trip.

Here is a link to the slide show.

http://jenniferdifranco.smugmug.com/...724867_PQ7VHQL
Love your photos/slideshow!

Old 05-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #49
KeepSwimmingDory
DIS Veteran

And happy birthday DiznyDad!

Old 05-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #50
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Wow . . . Let me say that being a groupie sure makes one feel great on your birthday! Thanks so much to each of you that offered wishes for my day.

WDW is certainly the place to be on your birthday. With a badge declaring the day, most CMs offer best wishes. It makes it fun.

DiznyDi and I decided to do the DVC presentation at the TWL. it was good to visit the lounge again. The presentation was close to the Welcome Home Wednesday game, but smaller and more intimate. We were lucky to win gift card. DiznyDi can really use it! Made for an extra neat birthday surprise.

So the adventure continues. Tomorrow it is DTD and Fulton's. Then over to SSR to check out the progress on the new Paddock pool. I'm sure I'll find a rocker while there to ease the day!

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 05-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #51
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Hi all ! Hope everyone is well. Welcome back Muushka from your cruise ! Hope you had a blast !
A BIG thanks to stopher for starting the Groupie thread on a new page---love the poem !!!!

Thanks for all the well-wishes on my vacation ! Yes...I never get tired of driving up that long path and under the WL archway. Love it ! And teapot....LOTS of love bugs at VB and WDW !!!!
I am SOOOO behind on the DIS. I arrived home at 10:45 pm Friday night and was back at work the next day----not even 15 hours off the plane.

Happy Birthday to Dizny Dad who had I had the awesome opportunity to meet in person at our Lodge along with DiznyDi !!! Great people ! Hope we can meet again sometime ! Snapped a few pics of our meet :

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL ! I am back in work again at 3 pm today......will catch up more later !

Last edited by MiaSRN62; 05-09-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:35 AM   #52
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
Wow . . . Let me say that being a groupie sure makes one feel great on your birthday! Thanks so much to each of you that offered wishes for my day.

WDW is certainly the place to be on your birthday. With a badge declaring the day, most CMs offer best wishes. It makes it fun.

DiznyDi and I decided to do the DVC presentation at the TWL. it was good to visit the lounge again. The presentation was close to the Welcome Home Wednesday game, but smaller and more intimate. We were lucky to win gift card. DiznyDi can really use it! Made for an extra neat birthday surprise.

So the adventure continues. Tomorrow it is DTD and Fulton's. Then over to SSR to check out the progress on the new Paddock pool. I'm sure I'll find a rocker while there to ease the day!
There's the birthday boy! I'm so glad you had a great day and that the CM's helped in that celebration. I've never been to WDW on my birthday, I need to do that one of these years.

Today is the first day I didn't wake up with a splitting headache in 5 days!
I am pretty sure it was a sinus infection, viral, and on it's way out!
Thank goodness, I have friends coming on Tuesday for a week.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #53
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIZNYDAD ! Wishing you lots of fun and good memories in WDW !

Old 05-08-2011, 08:12 AM   #54
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Ooooh, I feel like a heel, all I can say is I must have forgot to take my pill!

So sorry Dad, I missed it...hope this can make up for my missing it

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A GREAT GUY(I know this because I have met him at several groupie meets)DIZNYDAD!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 08:18 AM   #55
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Out of the loop a bit with DDs graduation taking place...Muushka and WD, hope yall get better really soon, sending Moose Dust yalls way, breathe it in, it smells really good and will make you have sweet dreams about our fave place in the World
Old 05-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #56
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Hi all ! Hope everyone is well. Welcome back Muushka from your cruise ! Hope you had a blast !
A BIG thanks to stopher for starting the Groupie thread on a new page---love the poem !!!!

Thanks for all the well-wishes on my vacation ! Yes...I never get tired of driving up that long path and under the WL archway. Love it ! And teapot....LOTS of love bugs at VB and WDW !!!!
I am SOOOO behind on the DIS. I arrived home at 10:45 pm Friday night and was back at work the next day----not even 15 hours off the plane.

Happy Birthday to Dizny Dad who had I had the awesome opportunity to meet in person at our Lodge along with DiznyDi !!! Great people ! Hope we can meet again sometime ! Snapped a few pics of our meet :

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL ! I am back in work again at 3 pm today......will catch up more late !
Love the pics!
Old 05-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #57
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoal13 View Post
Happy Birthday DiznyDad!!!

Quick question about the villas. Do they have an hdmi cable? I'm bringing my laptop and if there is an hdmi cable I don't need to pack ours to watch netflix on the tv. Thanks!
Lisa did a great job explaining the HDMI thingy(Im tech challenged) I will add, bring a long cord. We made mistake of bringing 6 ft. cord and were constantly jumping up to pause, skip commercials(DishNetwork). Just more better to have closer by
Old 05-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #58
I Book He Pays
I love Mickey Mouse!

To All The Moms On This Thread...

Wishing all of you a Happy Mother's Day!

Have a beautiful day and enjoy!
Old 05-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #59
I Book He Pays
I love Mickey Mouse!

Hi Everyone:
wildernessDad ~ Have a fantastic vacation and feel better soon!

Muushka ~ I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well and glad you are starting to feel better! Thank goodness you didn't get sick during the cruise.

Dizny Dad ~ I'm interested in knowing about the progress at the SSR pool and where the famous rocking chairs are on the property. Glad you had a great birthday!

MiaSRN62 ~ Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Well to save the best for last.... DH/I are leaving on Saturday for a two week vacation in Orlando. We exchanged two RCI timeshares and our first week is at Saratoga, second week at Hilton by SeaWorld. I still had an "ongoing search" with RCI hoping that a second week will become available in one of the DVC resorts. This morning I got a huge surprise when I logged into RCI. We are now staying at Saratoga Springs for two weeks in a two bedroom villa! I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement and nearly hit my head on the ceiling fan this morning from jumping up/down! I started planning this vacation in October 2009 and our dream came true. I'm floored that a unit became available, especially two weeks prior to check-in date. I almost canceled the search last night but something told me to keep it active. I can't even explain how happy I am right now.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #60
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Happy Mothers Day!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: