DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #2281
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Hi Groupies!

Just got here at BWV last night and all settled in. Having a cup of coffee and enjoying a nice leisurely first morning at WDW. The decorations here look great, and I can't wait to see them at WL/VWL again.
Have a WONDERFUL time Granny ! Wish I could be there !!!

And Kathy/Twokats.....sounds like you are also having a great time !

Old 12-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #2282
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

ok....had to go back to page 1. There are SO MANY Groupies playing in WDW this week ! I am envious of you all ! Looking forward to seeing photos and reading trip reports. Going to try and live vicariously through you all..........

Quote:
tea pot 2-4 AKV / followed by 4-9 VWL
Disney Loving Iowan 2-8 VLW/WL followed by Portofino Bay 9-11
stopher1 4 VB followed by 5-6 OKW followed by 6-8 AKV followed by Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas cruise to the Bahamas(WOW!!!)
Granny 3-9 BWV
twokats 4-10 SSR
brenbrady 5-10 BLT
Inkmahm/Dynaguy 5-13 VWL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #2283
I Book He Pays
I love Mickey Mouse!

Hi There:

Granny ~ Thanks so much for the pictures! I love the Christmas trees at VWL along with the decorations. Gorgeous! Nice shot of the outside. What kind of camera are you using?

Muuskha ~ HI

Inkmahm ~ Have a safe trip and have a great vacation!

Twinklebug ~ Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!!!

horselover ~ I have the zebra Mickey ornament on the tree! It looks awesome! Thanks again for everything!!!

And we must not forget....

Thanks for the reminder MiaSRN62!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #2284
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Have a wonderful trip! Give Kati a BIG hug from us
Jimmy, Kati had a big grin when she saw your message. You made her day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Book He Pays View Post
twokats ~ Grandstand is a great section, especially being the first bus stop. We tried getting in there in May but ended up in Congress Park. I hope you get in that section and are located close to the bus stop. Thanks for saying Hi to Mickey from me. I wish I was there... I can't even imagine how beautiful it is there now. Have fun!
Well, we did not get Grandstand again, we got Carosel. Still good since it is the 2nd bus stop and still has plenty of room for the wheelchair. We have covered a lot of ground in the six days we have been here. According to my DH (who is still at home) we have had quite a bit of rain and are expecting some snow possibly. I heard from another friend from home tonight and she told me there had been a facebook post of snow in Campbell (our town) tonight. When we were here in '09 I missed Texas' first snow storm, looks like my luck is holding up.

Quote:
Happy Birthday Twinklebug!!!
Ditto. Hope it was a very happy day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Kathy/Twokats.....sounds like you are also having a great time !
We are. We got to meet an Imagineer friend of ours today for a few minutes. He is working on the Fantasyland expansion. Spent the bulk of today at MK and ended it with dinner with Mickey and the gang at Chef Mickey's.

I Book He Pays: Got you a special picture of Mickey at dinner tonight. Will post soon.

So far I have only take 900+ pictures in 6 days.
Hope everyone has a good week.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 12-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #2285
Inkmahm
Disney nut

We're here!

Got a great villa. It is a one bedroom dedicated. Didn't know there was such a thing. We are on the 5th floor, the first room when you head left out of the elevator. 5517. We have the vaulted ceilings and the porch with the little roof over it, separate porches for the bedroom and the living room. It is a solid wood wall though, no slates on the porch railing. Still, I love it!

Tomorrow we volunteer at Give Kids the World. Not sure what we are doing later in the afternoon yet. It's fun just to have NOTHING scheduled to do, too!

Last edited by Inkmahm; 12-07-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:57 AM   #2286
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Tomorrow we volunteer at Give Kids the World. Not sure what we are doing later in the afternoon yet. It's fun just to have NOTHING scheduled to do, too!
Wow give Kids the World
I can't wait to hear all about it.
I've been checking out their web site, what a wonderful place.

Enjoy the Magic

2 more Days

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 12-06-2011, 05:56 AM   #2287
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
Wow give Kids the World
I can't wait to hear all about it.
I've been checking out their web site, what a wonderful place.

Enjoy the Magic

2 more Days
I'm actually excited! This is our first trip there so I"m up early to make sure I know exactly how to get to GKTW and to make sure we are on time. We are running the train that transports families inside the village. We didn't need any special drivers license status for it so I can't imagine it is too difficult to do. I guess we'll see soon!

It is supposed to be a beautiful day here in sunny Florida.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #2288
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

What is a dedicated 1 BR Ink?

Have fun with the project, can't wait to hear what it's all about.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #2289
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Book He Pays View Post
Granny ~ Thanks so much for the pictures! I love the Christmas trees at VWL along with the decorations. Gorgeous! Nice shot of the outside. What kind of camera are you using?
Thanks! It's just a point and shoot Sony Cybershot. I'm struggling with the various settings. Usually I just try to get the subject somewhere in the picture and then fix it up with Photoshop Elements software. But I don't have that on my laptop so you guys will just have to take them "raw".

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 12-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #2290
Granny

Is a REAL man!

A few more pix from the World...

Thought you might enjoy the BWV decorations even though this is a VWL thread.

Lobby decorations...

As Bobbi and I agreed on, BWV does a great job in decorating for the holidays!

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 12-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #2291
Granny

Is a REAL man!

And we hit the Candlelight Processional last night. I took a few bad pictures, but the show itself was incredible and moving...

And the narrator was Edward James Olmos, who was excellent and emotional. He also repeated part of the narration in Spanish, which sounded great in his wonderful voice...

Afterwards we watched Illuminations. The additional Holiday part at the end was great, with the song "Let There Be Peace On Earth" playing amidst bursts of fireworks.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 12-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #2292
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Stitch's bakery is an addition! Now we know what he does with what he cooks! Can't wait to visit BWV, that's our NYE destination. This Friday, we arrive at VWL!

I love your comments and your pictures, Granny! DH and I will be at the CP on Friday! It's a must do for us, ever since we found out about it! That was in 2001.

Bobbi
Old 12-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #2293
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Granny, thanks for the wonderful pictures. perfect way to get me in the Christmas mood.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #2294
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Granny - more wonderful pictures! Thank you!!

Trish - glad you're enjoying your ornament. I haven't been able to find an ornament holder yet so mine is still not out.

Just placed an order for a 2nd owners locker. I think it is aptly named. Stuff I Can't Cram Into My 1st Locker. And it's so true!

2 wks from today!

Hope everyone that is there now is having a blast!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #2295
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Got a great villa. It is a one bedroom dedicated. Didn't know there was such a thing. We are on the 5th floor, the first room when you head left out of the elevator. 5717. We have the vaulted ceilings and the porch with the little roof over it, separate porches for the bedroom and the living room. It is a solid wood wall though, no slates on the porch railing. Still, I love it!
!
I love those Ded 1Br's up there too! We had 5524 in Nov so we got off the elevator, went left and then the first hallway right and were right there. It was definitely a different feel to the room (in a very good way) with the vaulted ceilings and we too had balconies off of both the living and bedroom areas unlike the last 1BR we stayed in at VWL. Solid railings too but those don't both me as long as there's enough room on them.

Quote:
And we hit the Candlelight Processional last night. I took a few bad pictures, but the show itself was incredible and moving...

And the narrator was Edward James Olmos, who was excellent and emotional. He also repeated part of the narration in Spanish, which sounded great in his wonderful voice...

Afterwards we watched Illuminations. The additional Holiday part at the end was great, with the song "Let There Be Peace On Earth" playing amidst bursts of fireworks.
Love all the great pictures Granny!! Once again I'm so wishing we were down there now. We saw CP with Edward James Olmos in 2007 or 2008. I read it was the first time he started adding sections in Spanish. It was a nice touch and he remains one of the favorite narrators we have had the joy to listen to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Just placed an order for a 2nd owners locker. I think it is aptly named. Stuff I Can't Cram Into My 1st Locker. And it's so true!
Love it!!

Everytime I sit on ours to close it I wonder if we need a "Can't cram anymore in" locker!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: