DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #196
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Prayers that the surgeon will be able to open their schedule up soon for your dh Inkmahn !
Kathy...all that can be said is WOOOT !!!!

Quote:
DizGirl20 : 1. Are there any "booking categories" at VWL (other than studio, 1BR, 2BR) that I need to be aware of? I see discussions going on in other threads (ex: BCV, OKW) of booking categories that I hadn't even heard of before. So just wanted to make sure I am not missing some "secret category" at VWL

2. Are there any special requests I should make (I know, nothing's guaranteed) to ensure a quiet night's sleep? I am thinking maybe top floor?

3. Please refresh my memory. Where do the WL boats launch to?
HOME DIZGirl20 !!!!!

NO booking category at VWL.....there is ONE studio that does NOT have a balcony though ! It's # 4533 !!!! If you're assigned to this studio, ask for a change if possible.
The WL boat launch is on the "woods" side of the the main WL. You have to walk past the pool and geyser on the WL side.

Last edited by MiaSRN62; 05-19-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #197
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
2 days ago I was able to downsizeto a 1br or DH and I would have been in the GV by ourselves.
Oh wouldn't that have just been a hoot!?! You could have seriously played a mean game of hide and seek in that beauty! DD and I played in April in our OKW 2 bd, and that was fun enough. (I know... kinda silly at our age without kids to play it, but that's what came to mind )

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #198
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Hi Groupies!

We just got back last night (this morning) from our quick trip to the world. The Destination D convention was awesome, if you didn't get a chance to check out the TR I'm writing there are lots of pics down memory lane, and some rare construction photos. We had many highlights, and one super bonus was getting in for the soft opening of Star Tours. With over 54 journeys, people are going to be going on this ride over and over!

So now i' back to looking forward to my next trip which is a little less than 6 months out, and includes a stay at the lodge!
Sounds fun! Glad you had a good time.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #199
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
Enjoy your trip Trish! We are going to just miss each other. We arrive at SSR on the 28th. Check in if you can!
Hey Corinne! I check in to SSR late on the 27th... I'm there through the morning of the 31st - just FYI.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:35 PM   #200
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Oh wouldn't that have just been a hoot!?! You could have seriously played a mean game of hide and seek in that beauty! DD and I played in April in our OKW 2 bd, and that was fun enough. (I know... kinda silly at our age without kids to play it, but that's what came to mind )
We were joking about that!! Or sleeping in a different bedroom each night.

Had a good day - weather was practically perfect. We decided to do the new African Safari at AK and had a great time. After that we checked in to SSR then checked out the resort before I took a quick nap and DH hit the pool. After that it was a trip over to DHS where we used our last quick service and snack credits and rode the new Star Tours2 ride twice! The first fantasmic of the evening was just starting and it was walk on. Really nice and we had a different story both times. However, I do still get a bit motion sick on it so two was the max for me. I wish they had added the cooling air vents like they did for Mission Space and I think I would do better. I'm still glad we rode and I think people will really enjoy the updates!

Friday we plan on making the first Star Wars day - haven't done that since 2000 or so and I'm excited. It sounds like it's a mad house now compared to then but at least we got to do Star Tours so we won't have to try and fit that in. In fact as we were walking out of the shop at the end of the ride I heard one CM wishing another one that worked there good luck and that they would be thinking about them over the weekend.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:52 AM   #201
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
. . . . . . We decided to do the new African Safari at AK and had a great time.
NEW African Safari? Boy, am I out of the loop! This past trip we did not do a safari at AK, just believing it was still my same old favorite. When did it change and what is new about it?

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 05-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #202
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizGirl20 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have posted here a few times but just wanted to let you know it's official... I see my VWL points in the system! So I plan to call in the next few days to book Spring Break for next year and I have 3 quick questions. We stayed over in the Lodge in 2008 but not in the Villas (b/c we weren't DVC yet).

1. Are there any "booking categories" at VWL (other than studio, 1BR, 2BR) that I need to be aware of? I see discussions going on in other threads (ex: BCV, OKW) of booking categories that I hadn't even heard of before. So just wanted to make sure I am not missing some "secret category" at VWL

2. Are there any special requests I should make (I know, nothing's guaranteed) to ensure a quiet night's sleep? I am thinking maybe top floor?

3. Please refresh my memory. Where do the WL boats launch to?

Thanks so much for your help. Can't wait for our first stay!
Congrats on the official status of your points! Here's a to many years of great visits to our Lodge. Slainte! Your questions have been answered already, but I will toss in that I've never had a noisy room, either. One of my favorite things about the Villas is that they are so peaceful and quiet. However, I generally ask for a pool view as that tends to break up the slight monotony of the trees.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #203
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
NEW African Safari? Boy, am I out of the loop! This past trip we did not do a safari at AK, just believing it was still my same old favorite. When did it change and what is new about it?
Sorry - I may have been a bit confusing - we did the Wild Africa Trek which is the new paid tour they started doing in January. If you've done the Killamanjaro Safari in the past 7-8 months you might have noticed them building some suspension bridges out over the hippo and croc pools which are used in the tour. It's 3 hours long and you spend first part of that time treking past some of the animal pens and over the bridges. Then you get on a safari vehicle that drives you thru the normal attraction but you pull out every so often to view the animals. Finally you are taken to a new pavillion that they built in the savannah close to the flamingo pool. You stop there and have a small snack/lunch (very good btw) and are able to see the savannah with herd animals, the elephants, the rhino area, the flamingo's and they've just added a walkway that allows you a distant view of the lion pen although those guys were in definite nap mode when we were there. The guides spend the time talking about the various animals - facts, history, conservation etc.

They currently begin these tours at 8, 9, 10, noon, 1 and 2pm and we were told they were going to add a 4pm. I decided to inquire just three days before our trip when I was changing our plans around and got the noon tour. There were only 2 other people on it so it was a very intimate tour but I saw the ones before us and they had approx 10-12 people.

It's a pricey tour but I'm happy we did it....and it's cheaper than a trip to Africa!

Old 05-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #204
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Sorry - I may have been a bit confusing - we did the Wild Africa Trek which is the new paid tour they started doing in January. If you've done the Killamanjaro Safari in the past 7-8 months you might have noticed them building some suspension bridges out over the hippo and croc pools which are used in the tour. It's 3 hours long and you spend first part of that time treking past some of the animal pens and over the bridges. Then you get on a safari vehicle that drives you thru the normal attraction but you pull out every so often to view the animals. Finally you are taken to a new pavillion that they built in the savannah close to the flamingo pool. You stop there and have a small snack/lunch (very good btw) and are able to see the savannah with herd animals, the elephants, the rhino area, the flamingo's and they've just added a walkway that allows you a distant view of the lion pen although those guys were in definite nap mode when we were there. The guides spend the time talking about the various animals - facts, history, conservation etc.

They currently begin these tours at 8, 9, 10, noon, 1 and 2pm and we were told they were going to add a 4pm. I decided to inquire just three days before our trip when I was changing our plans around and got the noon tour. There were only 2 other people on it so it was a very intimate tour but I saw the ones before us and they had approx 10-12 people.

It's a pricey tour but I'm happy we did it....and it's cheaper than a trip to Africa!
That's a great way to look at it. I was contemplating it but after they raised the prices I decided against it. Maybe if it was only 2 people, but for all 4 of us I don't think so. Still you are correct. It's cheaper than going to Africa! Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #205
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Thanks KAT4DISNEY for that great description of the Wild Africa Trek! A definite To Do for DiznyDi and I to do during a future visit.

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 05-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #206
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

A few photos of the wonderful adventure DiznDi recently provided for me . . .

Starting the day out right . . .

Raising the Mickey Flag on the top of the Lodge with Ranger Jack . . .

Relaxing with a snack at Roaring Fork . . .

View beside the ol' watering hole . . .

View from our balcony . . .

[..& Still Planning]
Old 05-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #207
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

We are currently in Monument Valley, staying at The View Hotel. It's amazing, folks! We did the half-day Gouldings tour. That turned out nice, but it's cold here and somewhat rainy. More when I can.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #208
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
A few photos of the wonderful adventure DiznDi recently provided for me . . .

View from our balcony . . .
What room were you in? We were there until the middle of last week and had almost exactly the same view. We were in 3511 I think. I didn't take many pictures this trip and later regretted not getting one of our view. I will just "borrow" this photo if that's OK with you! It looks like you were a little further down the hallway from us but our view was very similar.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #209
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Great photos Dizny Dad ! Ranger Jack was so nice---I was chatting with him for awhile. Love your view !

WildernessDad....have fun ! Hope the weather improves !!!!

Old 05-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #210
Nicoal13
not so patiently waiting for next vacation

Trish - hope you are having a wonderful trip!

Dizny Dad - nice pictures We were there at the same time as you.

I need to get around to posting a few pictures here.

Been busy around the house now that we're back into our normal routine. The weather is finally improving around here and I've been trying to get some yard work done. The previous owners never pruned anything or did any sort of weeding or anything, so I have my work cut out for me. DH is busy working on the master suite remodel and trying to build a swingset for DS.

This weekend we have a bday party for our friends daughters, then I have a Bon Jovi concert with some friends Sat. night. Sunday we're having a cook out with the inlaws.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: