Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #16
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Would love to get them, but they don't come in king size
Old 06-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #17
SJCruiser
Mouseketeer

"completely non-allergenic micro-fiber fill"

Wow! If they used the same pillows on the Fantasy (which seems likely), I have to report that I had a major reaction to them last month. And this was within a minute or 2 of lying back on them just to browse the Navigator!

I don't necessarily disbelieve the "non-allergenic" statement, but I wondered if the pillows were treated with fire-resistant chemicals, similar to how couches and mattresses are treated. I've been known to have some reaction to that stuff, so I concluded that it may be the same source for my reaction. Of course, with the pillows being so new, I think those chemicals are fresher and stronger.

Anyway, my allergy manifests as a squeezing in the windpipe, so we immediately removed the pillows and our Stateroom Host replaced them with those synthetic, foam, shaped pillows. My family wasn't thrilled with the replacement pillows, but there was NO WAY I could be near the regular ones.

Since the foam pillows were also likely fire treated, I don't know what to conclude. Bottom line, the regular "nice" pillows were a huge problem for me. (Maybe it's the micro-fiber fill after all???)

Just reporting my experience in case anyone else has this kind of allergy or sensitivity.

*Magic Eastern Oct '07 * Magic Western May '09 * Wonder MR Apr '11 * Fantasy Western Jun '12 * Fantasy Western Nov '13 *
(plus RCCL, Star Clipper Cruises, and the Paul Gauguin in Tahiti)
SJCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2012, 03:24 AM   #18
dclfun
DIS Veteran

The pillows used to be from Wamsutta, and they still are sold online. I bought some at Macy's for $19.99 each recently. They are gel foam/down and boy are they comfortable! They come in three types from firm to soft. They used to be sold at Sam's Club but since I let our membership expire there I'm not sure if they're still available and it sounds as though they are not the same as the ones sold by Harbor Linen. We are sailing on the Fantasy in September and I'm looking forward now to checking them out.

Skye sitting in the "poop deck" on the Disney Dream, April, 2011. We just returned from a back to back cruise on the Dream, so she's now sailed 12 times on DCL!
dclfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #19
Ready to go
Mouseketeer

I love the sheets they use!!!! They are Frette and very expensive. Does anyone know what the name of the sheets they use are (Hotel Collection etc.)? I know on a thread that someone said they were sold in one of the shops on board, Has anyone seen them and know what Disney charges? I am determined to get a set one day....maybe to go with the pillows???

Dream Fish Extender January 5, 2014 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0SFNNV0E#gid=0
Ready to go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #20
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney View Post
Would love to get them, but they don't come in king size
The king size is available here:http://www.carnivalcomfortcollection...=5&ProductID=4

Wonder Mexican Riviera(2011), Magic Eastern(2012), Wonder Pacific Coast(2014), Wonder Alaska(2014), Wonder Vancouver Repo(2014)
Stinkerbe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #21
turbo38sfi
Earning My Ears

Just came from the Dream, the pillow I was looking for was one that came in a few varieties, side sleeper, snore relief, etc..it was a memory foam pillow and looking to find it online. Does not appear to be what has been previously posted. Any ideas?
turbo38sfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #22
BlakeandMaddysMomma
Mouseketeer

They don't ship to Canada guess I will have to ship to someone I know in the US, then have them ship to me. What I really want is the mattress they have!!!!! It was by far the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in!!!
BlakeandMaddysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #23
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

After loving those pillows on several cruises I finally bit the bullet and bouth some and Fedex just dropped them off! I can't wait to go to sleep tonight. Maybe I'll have to take an afternoon nap.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:15 AM   #24
Lollipop's Mom
Special trip with your little one ~~ PRICELESS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCruiser View Post
Wow! If they used the same pillows on the Fantasy (which seems likely), I have to report that I had a major reaction to them last month. And this was within a minute or 2 of lying back on them just to browse the Navigator!

I don't necessarily disbelieve the "non-allergenic" statement, but I wondered if the pillows were treated with fire-resistant chemicals, similar to how couches and mattresses are treated. I've been known to have some reaction to that stuff, so I concluded that it may be the same source for my reaction. Of course, with the pillows being so new, I think those chemicals are fresher and stronger.

Anyway, my allergy manifests as a squeezing in the windpipe, so we immediately removed the pillows and our Stateroom Host replaced them with those synthetic, foam, shaped pillows. My family wasn't thrilled with the replacement pillows, but there was NO WAY I could be near the regular ones.

Since the foam pillows were also likely fire treated, I don't know what to conclude. Bottom line, the regular "nice" pillows were a huge problem for me. (Maybe it's the micro-fiber fill after all???)

Just reporting my experience in case anyone else has this kind of allergy or sensitivity.
I was googling these pillows because I loved them so much and wondering if this is what is causing my bad allergies on the ship!

Sept 2015 - Disney Wonder Hawaii
Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Dec 2013 - Disneyland
May 2013 -Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean
March 2013 -AKL Jambo Studio & AKL Jambo Concierge, & POR Princess Room
March 2012 -Disney Wonder Mexico
March 2012 - Disneyland
May 2011 - Disney Wonder Alaska
Apr 2010 - Disneyland
Jan 2010 -Disneyland
Jan 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean
Jan 2009 - POFQ