Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
karana
Mouseketeer

Smile Those pillows!

Does anyone know the exact brand and level of pillow used on the Dream? My husband LOVES them. He found the website that sells them, but there are 3 types of pillows, one as low $25 and one for over $100.

I don't want to spend more than I have to for the same experience.
Magic, 2008
Saratoga Springs, Feb. 2010
DVC members March, 2010
Magic, Oct. 30th 2010
Dream, April 3rd, 2011
Fantasy, June 30th, 2012
karana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
mattmommy
Mouseketeer
My DS loves rice. I call him my "international child".

Haven't been on DCL in a few years, but staying at a Hilton I fell in love with a wonderful pillow. I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and plopped my head on every pillow. Of course the one I picked was stunningly expensive, but worth every penny.

I'm a Payless/WalMart kinda girl, but this was definitely worth it.
mattmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karana View Post
Does anyone know the exact brand and level of pillow used on the Dream? My husband LOVES them. He found the website that sells them, but there are 3 types of pillows, one as low $25 and one for over $100.

I would love to know that website! Those pillows are awesome!!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
gailg3horses
Mouseketeer

I looked at the pillows on our Magic cruise last week and they said harborlinen.com I went to that website but they only supply in bulk to the hospitality industry. At wdw resort they have a website that lists 3 levels of pillows at the price points op mentioned. Is that what your husband was looking at maybe? I believe it is disneyresortcollection.com if we're talking about the same thing. I'd love to know which pillow is worth buying from there too. I'm dying for a good pillow and loved the ones at kidani.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
4disneykids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karana View Post

The pillows are the New Generation Pillow from Harbor Linen Company. The phone number is 1-800-257-7858 or you can order from their website www.harborcareathome.com

Good luck,

Last edited by 4disneykids; 05-05-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: double name
4disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
ptmmg
DIS Veteran

are the pillows hypoallergenic? I am allergic to down pillows do we need to request this before hand?
ptmmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4disneykids View Post
The pillows are the New Generation Pillow from Harbor Linen Company. The phone number is 1-800-257-7858 or you can order from their website www.harborcareathome.com

Good luck,
is this a for sure? how do you know that? great info!
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
4disneykids
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
is this a for sure? how do you know that? great info!
I was on the Feb. 20 cruise on the Dream and also loved the pillows. I was determined to find the pillow. I posted a question and received no feedback so I emailed Disney Cruise Line for the pillow info. They told me the pillow was by Harbor Linen and gave me their phone number. New Generation is the pillows name they gave me. I ordered off their website and received it within a week. Love the pillow!! It is a different pillow than is offered by the Disney Resort Collection. I already had those, I prefer the pillows from Harbor Linen. Harbor Linen does have more then one pillow, but the woman I talked with said the New Generation pillow is what is in the staterooms. She also said this pillow is used on Carnival Cruise Line. Good luck, I love my pillow!!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #9
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was on the Feb. 20 cruise on the Dream and also loved the pillows. I was determined to find the pillow. I posted a question and received no feedback so I emailed Disney Cruise Line for the pillow info. They told me the pillow was by Harbor Linen and gave me their phone number. New Generation is the pillows name they gave me. I ordered off their website and received it within a week. Love the pillow!! It is a different pillow than is offered by the Disney Resort Collection. I already had those, I prefer the pillows from Harbor Linen. Harbor Linen does have more then one pillow, but the woman I talked with said the New Generation pillow is what is in the staterooms. She also said this pillow is used on Carnival Cruise Line. Good luck, I love my pillow!!
thanks for sharing! i think i'll look into that to. i change my pillows about every six months so this is great info.
again, ty!!!
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #10
4disneykids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmmg View Post
are the pillows hypoallergenic? I am allergic to down pillows do we need to request this before hand?
Yes, these pillows I believe are hypoallergenic.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #11
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Loved these pillows!

iankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #12
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmmg View Post
This is what the website above says:

Quote:
New Generation Pillow Harbor Linen's New Generation Pillow has been developed to provide the highest quality, most "down-like" pillow available anywhere. Manufactured with our unique, completely non-allergenic micro-fiber fill. Pillow is also stain resistant & machine washable. Comes in Standard Size.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #13
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much for this! I'm definitely ordering!!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #14
karana
Mouseketeer

Thank you!

This is why i just LOVE the Disboards... ask a question and answers just flow back to you. Can't wait to order this pillow for DH for Father's Day.

Thank you all for your responses!
Magic, 2008
Saratoga Springs, Feb. 2010
DVC members March, 2010
Magic, Oct. 30th 2010
Dream, April 3rd, 2011
Fantasy, June 30th, 2012
karana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #15
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

I just got off the June 24 Dream sailing and realized halfway through it that the pillows there were WAY more comfortable than what I currently have at home, so I made a note to myself to find out what they were and get some for myself. Thank you so much for the info in this thread!

-- Dave

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)

Upcoming trip: AKV (Oct 27-31, 2014)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: