Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

AP Newsletter?

Hi... I'm wondering how often/when APers get the newsletters? I became an AP holder in October and have only received the Winter newsletter. I at first thought maybe they did one for every season but since Spring is almost over already just wondering when a new one might be coming?

Thanks!
smile4stamps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #2
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I believe that there will be a summer AP newsletter. I got one last year during the summertime during the debut of WoC. Since we haven't received any since the winter newsletter, I would guess that we will get one in the summertime.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on June 23rd to 25th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2011, 12:54 AM   #3
JH87
DIS Veteran

I've been a member since January, and all i have gotten so far are two copies of Family Fun magazine, a newsletter about DVC Aluani, and a welcome card. No AP newsletter though

JH87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:57 AM   #4
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH87 View Post
I've been a member since January, and all i have gotten so far are two copies of Family Fun magazine, a newsletter about DVC Aluani, and a welcome card. No AP newsletter though
Very interesting! Of those I have gotten the welcome card but not the DVC newsletter or family fun magazine....

Bret... you are Premier Member.. do you get both WDW and DL newsletters? If both do you get more timely info from WDW? Just curious...
smile4stamps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:34 AM   #5
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Very interesting! Of those I have gotten the welcome card but not the DVC newsletter or family fun magazine....

Bret... you are Premier Member.. do you get both WDW and DL newsletters? If both do you get more timely info from WDW? Just curious...
I have gotten the Family Fun magazines all the time and they have little info of the resorts.

Yes I am a Premier Member. For being a Premier since October of last year, I haven't got one newsletter from WDW yet. Just like you with the DL AP newsletter, I am wondering if I will get a WDW AP newsletter. But I might just wait till the summertime.

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Old 05-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
Pygoplites
Mouseketeer

I've been Premier since October, too, and I haven't received a WDW newsletter either.
Pygoplites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
dalstitch45
DIS Veteran

I am a Premier AP holder also, but I got mine from WDW. I was a Premium AP holder prior. WDW mails out the Mickey Monitor (their version of AP newsletter) four (4) times a year. I have always gotten those. Maybe you guys can try calling guest relations. You can also view a copy of the Mickey Monitor on the WDW site. I think the Mickey Monitor is more informative. At least it comes more often. Also, if you sign up on the WDW website, they send you passholder emails all the time with discounts and more.

As far as anything from DLR, I get the Disney Family Fun Magazine, and I got the Winter AP newsletter. I don't feel so bad now. I thought I was getting slighted because I am on the east coast.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #8
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

In the 2 yrs I had my PAP, I only received 1 newsletter in the mail......everything else I read online in the AP section on the Disneyland website. I never got the Family Fun perk (we already subscribed, but thought maybe we'd get the extension.....I even called & no luck). They don't seem very consistant & love withholding info as long as they can......frustrating!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Premium AP Holder here too.

When I had my first Premium AP back in 2008-2009, I received all 4 of the AP newsletters/magazines (called Backstage Pass) for the full year, as well as a bunch of Family Fun magazines.

Now that I've had another Premium AP since this past November, I have not received one single Backstage Pass magazine/newsletter at all, but I have received a bunch of Family Fun magazines.

I get a bunch of Aulani stuff too, but I think that's because a DVC person caught me on the phone last year and has been mailing me various DVC/DLR/WDW and Aulani booklets to lure me in.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:57 PM   #10
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

It all seems so random. During the year I had my Deluxe AP (which expired last week ) I received 2 Backstage Pass newsletters. That was it. I didn't know Family Fun was supposed to be part of the deal.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #11
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
It all seems so random. During the year I had my Deluxe AP (which expired last week ) I received 2 Backstage Pass newsletters. That was it. I didn't know Family Fun was supposed to be part of the deal.
deej - If I'm not mistaken, I think Family Fun only comes with the Premium or Premier AP's, not the Deluxe.

Since I don't have kids and there is rarely anything in the Family Fun magazines that is specifically relevant to me, I would rather Disney not waste postage on sending FF to me and just send me the Backstage Pass magazines! That's all I want, really. I would be more than happy to give all of my Family Fun magazines to someone who wants them, but I have no clue who would want them!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
deej - If I'm not mistaken, I think Family Fun only comes with the Premium or Premier AP's, not the Deluxe.

Since I don't have kids and there is rarely anything in the Family Fun magazines that is specifically relevant to me, I would rather Disney not waste postage on sending FF to me and just send me the Backstage Pass magazines! That's all I want, really. I would be more than happy to give all of my Family Fun magazines to someone who wants them, but I have no clue who would want them!
I got the FF magazine since I been a Premium and Premier AP holder. The FF magazine is not that really exciting to me and I would rather get more Backstage Pass magazines than the FF magazines. Since I have been an AP holder, the only Backstage Pass magazines I have got is the Summer Nightastic, Halloween season and the Holiday season magazines. It would be nice if they do more of those magazines.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #13
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

FWIW, I've been a Premium AP holder since the beginning of Oct/10, and have yet to receive anything in the form of the FF magazine and the newletter. Could be because I'm Canadian EH, and they don't want to mail it for the extra postage.
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: