Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
Debi
I go to WDW 2,179,872 times a year!

Show me your best cross-body bag!

I'm in search of a new cross-body park bag, and am miffed. I need something medium-sided (large enough to carry wallet, car keys, camera, cell phone, trading pins, and a little room left over for anything small I buy in the parks). I prefer something with a lot of pockets/compartments, but this isn't a must. I've seen a few that I like, but either they're too expensive, the strap isn't long enough (I want a bag that'll hit me on the hip when worn), etc.

Show me your favorite!
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

I picked up a Baggalini cross-body at TJ Maxx ($20) for our upcoming trip. They also had them at Marshall's.

Check out the "Baggalini Blowout" thread. There may be pictures.

Edited to add:

Here's what it looks like: http://www.ebags.com/product/baggall...ductid=1283436
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
*3*Mouseketeers
Mouseketeer

I just ordered the Heys Travelmate from Sears ($19.99) in black. I haven't received it yet, but I'm hoping it's as nice as it looks. It comes with a separate passport holder that can hang around the neck. I can't post a link since this is only my 3rd post.

The website is shop.heys.ca.

1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1991, 2001 - Offsite
2007 - Pop Century
2011 - Pop Century
2012 - ASMo
2014 - ASMu
*3*Mouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
pezheadmeg
feminsit turned fashion student

I've so been there with finding the right cross-body bag to use as a day pack. My last trip I used an Ed Hardy fragrance freebie one that is my new park bag. The downside was that it only has 1 inside pocket. So I used a clear cosmetic case for the sunscreen, gum, advil et al. Then I attached a small Vera Bradley wallet and my camera case with a binder ring to the one inside zipper. It worked that I could tuck the long strap and use the handles over my shoulder if I needed extra room in the bag.

On previous trips I did use each of these bags. The only downside about a bag with a lot of pockets--you have to open all those pockets every time you go through bag check.

Le Sportsac Everyday tote
and a Kipling cross-body
Old 05-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
Debi
I go to WDW 2,179,872 times a year!

pezheadmeg, the Kipling cross-body you posted is the one I'm using currently. I'm looking for a new one because that one feels too cumbersome, having the snap closure AND the zipper. Trying to reach for something quickly is not easy because of that.
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
TinkStitch
Mouseketeer

I always used this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Mickey-Ch...item48402ea92f

It's one big pocket & a small zipper pocket on the inside. I used it as my usual park bag during my CP & had enough room for a bottle of water, granola bar, wallet, camera, pins & vinylmation for trading. I've even been able to fit a t-shirt in it. It's got a long strap. I'm a bit bigger & it hits my hip, I hate when bags stop in a weird spot cuz the strap is short.

May 1992, April 1994, May 2000, April 2004, Oct. 2006, Oct. 2007, Jan. 2008, CP Aug 2008-May 2009, Jan. 2010, CP Aug 2010-Jan. 2011, Costuming CM since May 2009
TinkStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #7
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

It's a baggallini sling messenger bag...and I'm loving it. It's the perfect size! Comes in lots of colors too.

http://www.ebags.com/product/baggall...roductid=66043
Old 05-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
GrumpyMom25
DIS Veteran

I always go on a trip thinking that I need a bunch of compartments in my bag and then am totally frustrated trying to remember where I put things. I've used the Baggalini cross-body bags which are nice. The last trip however I ended up picking up one of the drawstring backpacks at the hotel and loved it. I've had a Hayes Travelmate and although I liked the bag the material had a funny smell to it. I've had the bag a while too and the smell is still noticeable.

GrumpyMom25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #9
momH2the4th
Mouseketeer

Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiep View Post
It's a baggallini sling messenger bag...and I'm loving it. It's the perfect size! Comes in lots of colors too.

http://www.ebags.com/product/baggall...roductid=66043
I've used this bag the last 2 years and it's been perfect for me! I'm able to carry everything I need in it. The 1st year I used it I only had a P&S camera. Last year I took a DSLR and was still able to use it. I always take snacks (granola bars, nuts, fruit chews), hand sanitizer, iPhone, small first aid kit, sunscreen, sunglasses and I'm sure a few other things. I have 4 kids so I'm usually holding something for someone. It all fits without a problem, but isn't too big and bulky. Very comfortable! I'm looking at getting a new one in a different color for this year's trip. I have black in the crinkle nylon version. It's a great bag!

DH Me DD(16) DD(14) DD(11) DS(9)

2003 ~ Wilderness Lodge (DH/DW only) 2005 ~ Wilderness Lodge 2008 ~ Polynesian 2009 ~ Contemporary 2010 ~ Polynesian 2011 ~ Villas @ Wilderness Lodge 2012 ~ Wilderness Lodge 2013 ~ The Cabins @ Fort Wilderness 2014 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge Wilderness Lodge
momH2the4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #10
lovesbrian
Earning My Ears

I just bought the Eddie Bauer Travel Bag!

I was also looking for a cross-body bag that wasn't too big or too small, or too expensive for my trip to Disney on May 11. I found the Eddie Bauer Expedition Travel Bag at the Eddie Bauer store (it's also online) and love it. I don't have little kids (they are 8 and 12) so this will be just right to hold what I'll need, and also has two water bottle holders on the sides. It has an accessible pocket on the outside and a flap with a clear pocket on the inside of the flap, and many other little pouches and pockets. It seems very durable as well, and the strap is adjustable. It fits right on my hip. I paid $40. I haven't posted enough to be allowed to post a link or photo so I'm sorry I can't post a link to show you the bag, but it is available in several colors as well as black.
lovesbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #11
pArKsFaN
Mouseketeer

I bought a new baggallini for my last trip but didn't end up using it...it just wasn't for me I guess. I think I like having my bag up front more and didn't really need the extra space. The Vera Bradley hipster worked out pretty well in my situation. It has a few compartments...a zippered back pocket, 3 slip pockets inside the main big compartment and a front zip pocket (perfect for my cell phone):

Inside:
18 oz canteen with sleeve
WDW poncho in a ziploc
VB clip zip ID (in lieu of a wallet)
drink mix packets
iphone in front zip pocket

just realized...not pictured but in the back zippered pocket there is also a ziploc with bandaids, trial size sunblock and some motrin.

You could easily fit a small wallet, keys and compact camera as well. At one point I had a t-shirt I purchased in there on top of everything.
pArKsFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #12
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi View Post
pezheadmeg, the Kipling cross-body you posted is the one I'm using currently. I'm looking for a new one because that one feels too cumbersome, having the snap closure AND the zipper. Trying to reach for something quickly is not easy because of that.
One of the reasons I love the baggillini is there is a zippered compartment right on the strap. It's big enough to hold a cell phone or an Ipod or even a digital camera. I also use it to hold my park ticket and CC. I love that I do not have to take the bag off or turn it around for things that I want to access often.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #13
Ariel-the-Mermaid
Earning My Ears

If you want one you can design yourself try:
http://www.customizedgirl.com/studio/405.htm
It is fun to make it personalized for disney!

Pre-Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post40990069
Ariel-the-Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #14
BaysMom
Mouseketeer

Which size hipster is that?? Aren't there 2 diff sizes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pArKsFaN View Post
I bought a new baggallini for my last trip but

didn't end up using it...it just wasn't for me I guess. I think I like having my bag up front more and didn't really need the extra space. The Vera Bradley hipster worked out pretty well in my situation. It has a few compartments...a zippered back pocket, 3 slip pockets inside the main big compartment and a front zip pocket (perfect for my cell phone):

Inside:
18 oz canteen with sleeve
WDW poncho in a ziploc
VB clip zip ID (in lieu of a wallet)
drink mix packets
iphone in front zip pocket

just realized...not pictured but in the back zippered pocket there is also a ziploc with bandaids, trial size sunblock and some motrin.

You could easily fit a small wallet, keys and compact camera as well. At one point I had a t-shirt I purchased in there on top of everything.

BaysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #15
pArKsFaN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaysMom View Post
Which size hipster is that?? Aren't there 2 diff sizes?
It's the regular hipster (not the mini hipster):
http://www.verabradley.com/product/C.../p/1001054.uts
pArKsFaN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: