Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
dawnball
bouncie bouncie...
You don't want the camels to spit on you

Receiving Fedex Envelopes

It looks like I may have some legal papers to sign while we're on vacation. They can be overnighted to me, signed and returned the same way, but there's not a lot of margin for error.

We're staying at All-Star Movies, does anyone know if an envelope sent Fedex First Overnight (delivery by 8:30 am) would be held up (or how long it would be held) between receipt and being available for me at the front desk?

Thanks!
dawnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
sotoalf
DIS Veteran

During our stay at the Ft Wilderness cabins last February, the front desk received my cousin's Fed Ex package and left a message on our room phone while we were at the parks.
sotoalf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

When we went a few years ago, we forgot the cord to connect my camera to my laptop and my mom overnighted it to me.

We were staying at POFQ - and they actually had it waiting in our room when we returned from the parks.
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Kat in GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
mkarizona
DIS Veteran

My phone charger died while at Kidani last month, then we ordered the wrong one so we had two deliveries that week, one FedEx and one UPS. When we didn't respond to a knock at the door (we slept in) they slipped a note under the door. Both packages were ready for pickup before noon, probably about 10 am.

Last edited by mkarizona; 05-02-2011 at 09:15 PM.
mkarizona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #5
Ash&Wes07
If loving lists is wrong, I don't want to be right...

When I was staying at the GF last month, my husband sent me a USPS overnight envelope which was guaranteed to arrive at the mail center by noon.

I didn't see it in my room until well after 4pm, even after asking the front desk to check more than once.

I think the procedure is different for FedEx/UPS, but the time guarantee will just be for arrival at the address and won't necessarily mean it will be in your room around that time.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
dawnball
bouncie bouncie...
You don't want the camels to spit on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash&Wes07 View Post
When I was staying at the GF last month, my husband sent me a USPS overnight envelope which was guaranteed to arrive at the mail center by noon.

I didn't see it in my room until well after 4pm, even after asking the front desk to check more than once.

I think the procedure is different for FedEx/UPS, but the time guarantee will just be for arrival at the address and won't necessarily mean it will be in your room around that time.
Yes, this is exactly my concern, because an 8:30am expectation would mean a 9:00 mobile notary appointment, and that I'd be standing by the front desk at 8:15 saying "I have a delivery confirmation on my envelope, could someone go and find it for me, please?"

Since that kind of delay would make me crazy (and have potential cascade effects), I'll make plans to have it delivered without the convenience of direct resort delivery. Better the inconvenience you know, sometimes!
dawnball is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: