Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Finally getting to see the lights! Nov '11 Anniversary/Holiday/F&W PTR-New 11/4 p50

Hello! I’m very excited to share this super special trip with all of you!

Who are we?

I’m Amy, a 37 year old SAHM, part-time bookkeeper & school volunteer. This will be my 15th trip to Walt Disney World, which is very appropriate since my DH & I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary at the World!

My DH, Tim, is a 37 year old software engineer. He works very hard and spends a lot of time away from the family for work. He tolerates my Disney obsession but has started to look forward to our trips to the World.

These are our boys (yes, they’ll be coming along to help us celebrate):

Alex, 10, is a 4th grader who loves soccer, basketball, swimming & game shows. He was diagnosed with PDD-NOS/Autism Spectrum Disorder just after his second birthday. He is an amazing kid who has come so far to overcome many of his challenges.

Zach, 7, is a 1st grader who loves karate and art. He is a very kind and sensitive boy. He was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome when he was six. He is also an amazing kid who works hard to deal with his challenges.

The Dates:
We’ll be at Disney Tuesday 11/8 – Sunday 11/13. Possibly visiting family in the Tampa area Saturday 11/5 – Tuesday 11/8!

How this trip came to be:
Tim & I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary on 11/9/11. We’ve always talked about taking a trip away from the kids… but child care circumstances are preventing that from happening this year. We talked about getting away for maybe just one night in Boston or doing nothing at all. But we stuck the planning for that trip on the back burner as we were just a few weeks away from our annual trip to Florida - we were going to spend three nights with Tim’s brother, Jeff, then 7 nights at the Sheraton Vistana Resort visiting the parks every day.

Sometime in late January or early February I received a pin code from Disney! That got me thinking… the kids have a half week of school around our anniversary due to Veteran’s Day & a teacher in-service day. Of course the pin code was blacked out for the week the kids could be pulled out of school but we own a timeshare and could easily stay off-site again. I threw the idea out to my Tim & he seemed OK about it. He knows how much I’ve always wanted to see the Osborne Lights
Photo snagged from allears:

And visit the MK during the holidays

So he told me to go for it – but I wasn’t sure I believed him so I put it on the back burner again…

We spent 2/24 – 3/6 in Florida and the trip was just OK. We had one sick-ish kiddo (not too sick to tour the parks, but sick enough to be irritated by everything) and things started to seem routine after five trips in five years. I had also had two weekend trips with friends during the previous five months so maybe I was Disneyed-out! Tim had given me the green light to plan a fall anniversary trip so I thought we should upgrade his & the boys’ park hoppers to APs… but by the last day I was so down I wasn’t sure another trip would be a good idea – so we left Disney without upgrading the tickets!

After reflecting on the trip and thinking about how we would need to change things up the next time around, I got more and more excited about a trip to Disney in November. The week we were looking at is the last week of F&W.

It will also be the first week of MVMCP & hopefully the beginning of the Osborne Lights. A perfect time to visit. So the planning has begun!

Stay tuned... there's a lot going on this month including making ADRs, purchasing airfare. Plus lots more!!

Last edited by DisMomAmy; 11-04-2011 at 06:03 AM.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

saving my place

could I be first

Can't wait to read about all your plans
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear your plans! I find it just impossible to not be planning a trip now since I've been back from the first one. I'm already thinking about next year, and this summer is still coming up...

beebeeryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
Can't wait to hear your plans! I find it just impossible to not be planning a trip now since I've been back from the first one. I'm already thinking about next year, and this summer is still coming up...
I think I would go crazy if I weren't planning at least one trip at any given time!

I'm going to jump over & check out your report!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I'm in Amy! I have been twice in November and think it's the perfect time to go to Disney. Very happy to be along for the ride again!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #7
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

I just checked your final thoughts on your TR & now I am here.

DH & I will be there from 10/26-10/29.
disneyfan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I think I would go crazy if I weren't planning at least one trip at any given time!

I thought that was me...

Happy to join in once again for another fun DisMomAmy and family trip

we'll have lots in common w/ yours and mine PTR---both 15 yr anni trips...both going during F&W and both going during a Holiday season!

looking forward to all your planning fun it will bring some memories back of our Nov trip last yr!

Jules
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #9
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Are you sure you want to go that week? I heard a rumor that 3 loud and crazy gals from NH will be there for the weekend!

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

I'm here, we always had a great time going during those dates . You will love all the Christmas stuff. I can't wait to read about your plans!
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #11
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I'm in Amy! I have been twice in November and think it's the perfect time to go to Disney. Very happy to be along for the ride again!
I'm really excited to try a new time of year. We've been in the fall/October but November with the holidays starting will be a whole new thing for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
I just checked your final thoughts on your TR & now I am here.

DH & I will be there from 10/26-10/29.
Hi Doreen!! Too bad our trips don't overlap... but I'm sure I'll see you in April!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
I thought that was me...

Happy to join in once again for another fun DisMomAmy and family trip

we'll have lots in common w/ yours and mine PTR---both 15 yr anni trips...both going during F&W and both going during a Holiday season!

looking forward to all your planning fun it will bring some memories back of our Nov trip last yr!

Jules
You are definitely the best at long-term Disney planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Are you sure you want to go that week? I heard a rumor that 3 loud and crazy gals from NH will be there for the weekend!
Uh oh... I guess I'll have to cancel our trip! I hope we get to cross paths but we'll be doing the family thing while you get to do adults-only touring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
I'm here, we always had a great time going during those dates . You will love all the Christmas stuff. I can't wait to read about your plans!
I'm so excited - I've always dreamed of visiting Disney during the holidays and now I get to do it!!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #12
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Subbing! I'll be back tonite to read.
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #13
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Here for another great ptr!

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #15