Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #16
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

nyc2theworld is going to Australia in February! I will be sure to introduce you guys because I am sure he has questions!
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #17
ilovemickeymost
Wife of a Soldier, Girlfriend of a Mouse. Thank you Walt for giving us a place to be part of the Magic.

My all time favorite thing is Fantasmic & would say its the only thing you left off the list. From one planner to another, I totally understand. I actually enjoy figuring out how to make it all go together. Glad you figured in down time etc. And keep your eyes out for the magic, its everywhere. Most people go to AK just for the rides & miss the most incredible part of the entire park, the back trails & all the animals. Have a fabulous trip

DH (42) & DMe (38) & DD (17) & DS1 (5) & DS2 (2)
ilovemickeymost is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2011, 04:20 AM   #18
brettystar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemickeymost View Post
My all time favorite thing is Fantasmic & would say its the only thing you left off the list. From one planner to another, I totally understand. I actually enjoy figuring out how to make it all go together. Glad you figured in down time etc. And keep your eyes out for the magic, its everywhere. Most people go to AK just for the rides & miss the most incredible part of the entire park, the back trails & all the animals. Have a fabulous trip
Thanks!!
Fantasmic is on the list The concierge had helped us get in even though it was booked out at first
brettystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #19
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

We are from New York and will be in Orlando June 2-10; if you're going to be in the area before you go to Florida, perhaps we can meet for a drink.

I've planned dinners for each of our Disney park days, but not for Universal; I also booked one lunch, since my BF asked to eat at Japan at Epcot. Other than that, we will simply wander the parks doing as we like. (I plan to drag him back to Toy Story as soon as we get to Studios, but that's about it.) We are planning to try to make the Saturday 4pm Dole Whip meet-up as well.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #20
Mousemom
DIS Veteran

I tend to be a planner who loves to have everything organized and scheduled. But....Once I get to Disney I've learned to be more flexible. My family has said I can "suck the fun" right out of our vacations because of my rigid schedules. I still make my lists by reading the guide books and watching the boards just because I love to plan, it helps me pass the time until our trip gets here. I do make sure all of our ADR's are made, tickets are bought; MNSCHP & EPCOT Segway tour, and my packing list is made so we don't forget anything. Once we get to WDW we plan our park days based on weather, where we are eating, and park hours. I think I need a support group for Disney micro planners..... Anyway have a great time and remember to be willing to change plans if necessary and enjoy every minute of the trip!
Mousemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #21
furb & dez
City Bear Jamboreers

I don't get the planning thing. The only reservation I made for my 5-day trip was for a lunch at the Morocco pavilion in Epcot due to all the doom-and-gloom Disney dining talk.

Due to all the "planplanplanplanplan" talk on forums like these, we had actually only planned to see two parks over four (possibly five) days, that is, Epcot and the Magic Kingdom (because, surely we'll have so much to do and do so much walking that we'll be taking a slower pace!).

On day 1, we went to Epcot since it was a Extra Magic Morning at Magic Kingdom that day, and did everything there was to do there. I was struck at how little repeatability there was in the attractions there (though we did go on both Living with the Land and the Maelstrom twice).

On day 2, we went to Magic Kingdom and did nearly everything there was to do. So at this point, we had to re-strategize. We had no interest in returning to Epcot except for maybe a meal, but since we didn't buy parkhoppers, we nixed that. We decided to go to Animal Kingdom on day 3 instead.

On day 3, we went to Animal Kingdom and did basically everything there was to do... and went on Expedition Everest quite a few times. I heartily recommend the buffet—it was so nice to see relatively "exotic" food at a Disney park ("exotic" as in unfamiliar and scary to people who think butter is a spice and bell peppers are potent). I mean really, samosas! Samosas! Samosas! (got my Indian food quota for the month!) We left Animal Kingdom early after running out of things to do and having little interest in riding Expedition Everest yet again.

On day 4, we returned to Magic Kingdom and did all the (few) things we missed the on day 2, then did our favorites again for the rest of the day. This is the only day we stayed to "close the park down." I did think it was a little insidiously tacky how Disney closes down the counter service food locations in the evening to force you into more expensive dining venues.

On day 5, we had half a day before having to head to the airport, so we did Disney's Hollywood Studios. We saw a good chunk of the park (basically everything except the stunt shows, which are far down the interest list anyway), with enough left over to pique our interest for a future visit. I have to admit that I liked the theming in this tiny park.

So in 5 days, we saw virtually all of Walt Disney World's attractions. Frankly, though I had a wonderful time, I was disappointed in how little there actually was to do. This is why I don't understand the "planplanplan" mentality, because personally we learned by experience that it's not needed.

Walt Disney World has been put on our "eh, we'll come back in 4 or 5 years and see it again then" list. As always, YMMV.
Our first trip to WDW! Had fun, a bit disappointed in the lack of things to keep us busy. Next trip: eh, 5 years perhaps? Don't understand the psychosis of wasting time trying to meet actors in fursuits or princess costumes, but, wev...
furb & dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #22
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

We spend upwards of 2 weeks on property - EVERY YEAR - and still don't feel like we have run out of things to do.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #23
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by furb & dez View Post
On day 5 ... we did Disney's Hollywood Studios.... I have to admit that I liked the theming in this tiny park.
DHS is actually larger than Magic Kingdom, both in area and in distance end-to-end.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #24
furb & dez
City Bear Jamboreers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGaellon View Post
DHS is actually larger than Magic Kingdom, both in area and in distance end-to-end.
True, but most of that isn't walkable.
Our first trip to WDW! Had fun, a bit disappointed in the lack of things to keep us busy. Next trip: eh, 5 years perhaps? Don't understand the psychosis of wasting time trying to meet actors in fursuits or princess costumes, but, wev...
furb & dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:51 AM   #25
brettystar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by furb & dez View Post
I don't get the planning thing. The only reservation I made for my 5-day trip was for a lunch at the Morocco pavilion in Epcot due to all the doom-and-gloom Disney dining talk.

Due to all the "planplanplanplanplan" talk on forums like these, we had actually only planned to see two parks over four (possibly five) days, that is, Epcot and the Magic Kingdom (because, surely we'll have so much to do and do so much walking that we'll be taking a slower pace!).

On day 1, we went to Epcot since it was a Extra Magic Morning at Magic Kingdom that day, and did everything there was to do there. I was struck at how little repeatability there was in the attractions there (though we did go on both Living with the Land and the Maelstrom twice).

On day 2, we went to Magic Kingdom and did nearly everything there was to do. So at this point, we had to re-strategize. We had no interest in returning to Epcot except for maybe a meal, but since we didn't buy parkhoppers, we nixed that. We decided to go to Animal Kingdom on day 3 instead.

On day 3, we went to Animal Kingdom and did basically everything there was to do... and went on Expedition Everest quite a few times. I heartily recommend the buffet—it was so nice to see relatively "exotic" food at a Disney park ("exotic" as in unfamiliar and scary to people who think butter is a spice and bell peppers are potent). I mean really, samosas! Samosas! Samosas! (got my Indian food quota for the month!) We left Animal Kingdom early after running out of things to do and having little interest in riding Expedition Everest yet again.

On day 4, we returned to Magic Kingdom and did all the (few) things we missed the on day 2, then did our favorites again for the rest of the day. This is the only day we stayed to "close the park down." I did think it was a little insidiously tacky how Disney closes down the counter service food locations in the evening to force you into more expensive dining venues.

On day 5, we had half a day before having to head to the airport, so we did Disney's Hollywood Studios. We saw a good chunk of the park (basically everything except the stunt shows, which are far down the interest list anyway), with enough left over to pique our interest for a future visit. I have to admit that I liked the theming in this tiny park.

So in 5 days, we saw virtually all of Walt Disney World's attractions. Frankly, though I had a wonderful time, I was disappointed in how little there actually was to do. This is why I don't understand the "planplanplan" mentality, because personally we learned by experience that it's not needed.

Walt Disney World has been put on our "eh, we'll come back in 4 or 5 years and see it again then" list. As always, YMMV.
Yeah - I guess it depends what you want from it. I love to go on almost all of the rides (give or take a couple of the ones aimed at the younger kids) and rides such as space mountain, haunted mansion etc I like to do three or four times. We wanted to be in NY in summer so had to go to Florida at the same time so therefore the crowds will likely be bigger with longer wait times than you had to endure perhaps. I know when we first hit Disneyland - we bowled over 22 rides in the first day due to meticulous planning and a good pair of runners. It was great to know we could then chill and relax the rest of the time as all our must do rides were pretty much done. I am actually concerned if the time we have is enough. Oh well, will be great regardless.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #26
nyc2theworld
I thought this hotel had anything anytime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
nyc2theworld is going to Australia in February! I will be sure to introduce you guys because I am sure he has questions!
Thanks! @brettystar This is my bucket list vacation so Im extremely excited about going!!!! I plan on the following cities the following days...just not sure what to do during those days

Feb 10-14 Melbourne
Feb 14-17 Carins
Feb 17-24 Sydney

Look forwar to meeting you in June!!!
nyc2theworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #27
brettystar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2theworld View Post
Thanks! @brettystar This is my bucket list vacation so Im extremely excited about going!!!! I plan on the following cities the following days...just not sure what to do during those days

Feb 10-14 Melbourne
Feb 14-17 Carins
Feb 17-24 Sydney

Look forwar to meeting you in June!!!
Lovely to meet you. I have never been to Cairns, but I live in Sydney and have been to Melbourne a ton of times so will do my best to help you if you have any questions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: