Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #121
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

LOVE the passports!!!
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #122
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrysGirl View Post
Those passports are so cute! I hope your boys have fun learning about the countries I noticed they also have a drinking around the world passport... hmm, might be something I need to look in to!
Oh darn, should have made one of those for me and DH. Someday we'll get there alone again and do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadek View Post
I love the passports! I'd like to do something like that, but then there are lots of things I'd like to do, and don't do them!
This was virtually done for me really, just plopped those ready made pages into the book designer and ordered it. Super easy!

FYI - By Tuesday afternoon Eric's face was all better. I was ready to call the doctor, but didn't want to waste $35 for the copay to bring him in when I knew it was nothing but the bug bites, but there is always that nagging feeling that "what if" it's something more or they can give him something since it just wasn't getting better, then in the space of an hour it was just gone. Phew! I made the mistake of reading WEBMD or something while looking for ways to lessen the swelling and was fearing severe reactions by what I was reading about other symptoms, but common sense said that would have happened right away, not 3 days later.

Tomorrow I run my first 5K. I'm so nervous. I have no reason to be, it's not like it matters how fast I finish or anything, but still. I am so slow and was hoping to be faster by now. Oh well. I don't like crowds or having people watch me running or working out, I'm so self conscious about that so it'll be strange and uncomfortable crossing the finish line in front of tons of people all sweaty and gross looking. I need to get over it, and FAST!

beebeeryan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #124
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

This may sound weird, but I also feel self conscious when working out in front of people (which is one reason I don't go to a gym)... I like to walk the track at a local park that stays fairly busy. But for some reason, when I wear my sunglasses it makes me feel invisible, LOL! As if the other people there can't really see me. I know, it's weird... but maybe wear your sunglasses tomorrow and pretend you're invisible!

But in all seriousness, good luck tomorrow!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:53 AM   #125
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

I did it!!!

This has nothing to do with Disney, but...

Saturday morning was the Freihofer's 5k race I've been gearing up towards. The Couch to 5K was successful. I DID IT!!! I ran the whole thing, didn't walk, and did it in 43:10 which is slow, but was my best outside time ever, with hills and all. I was under 45 minutes which was all I wanted. It was so much fun, the friend and her friends I did it with all ended up staying together the whole way, not planned, we just did and the 4 of us crossed the finish line together. It was an amazing feeling. I think I'm hooked, I really want to work on my pace now and increase my speed and do another one. Maybe the Susan G Komen in October and then this race again next year and shoot for a much better time.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #126
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
This has nothing to do with Disney, but...

Saturday morning was the Freihofer's 5k race I've been gearing up towards. The Couch to 5K was successful. I DID IT!!! I ran the whole thing, didn't walk, and did it in 43:10 which is slow, but was my best outside time ever, with hills and all. I was under 45 minutes which was all I wanted. It was so much fun, the friend and her friends I did it with all ended up staying together the whole way, not planned, we just did and the 4 of us crossed the finish line together. It was an amazing feeling. I think I'm hooked, I really want to work on my pace now and increase my speed and do another one. Maybe the Susan G Komen in October and then this race again next year and shoot for a much better time.
Way to go!!! I, too, did my first one this weekend. I came home and immediately began looking for other 5Ks coming up in my area! I never believed people when they said it was addicting but it is! Congrats!

Kelly
Old 06-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #127
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taymacsmom View Post
Way to go!!! I, too, did my first one this weekend. I came home and immediately began looking for other 5Ks coming up in my area! I never believed people when they said it was addicting but it is! Congrats!

Kelly
I did the same thing, I found the Susan G Komen in October, I figured there would be a local one for that and it's the same course I did. I saw some others, but don't want to run in the summer, too hot. It was hot enough Saturday and wasn't even bad. I still don't like running that much, but I love the feeling afterwards and the feeling after a race is even better. LOL

Old 06-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #128
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

Kudos to you!! I have a bunch of friends that have done the couch to 5K successfully - and I have another friend working on the couch to 10K - and yet another friend who did her first triathlon over the weekend - she has done the Princess run at Disney, too. Is that something you might be working towards??
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Kat in GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #129
cadek
Please stand clear of the doors

Congratulations on completing the race, and making your goal time!

I don't like working out in front of people either. We have a nice neighborhood I could go for a run in, but never would. Someone might see me! I'm so wierd, I don't know what I'm afraid of! Just more comfortable in my home, where no one can watch me! I often thought it would be nice to go for a run, while the kids ride their bikes with me. Well, nice as in they'd like it, but me, not so much!

December 2012 - AoA, July 2011 - CBR, January 2011 - Poly, January 2010 - Poly, January 2009 - Poly, February 2008 - Poly, September 1998 - All Star Sports
DS (10), DS (7)
cadek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #130
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Way to go!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #131
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your 5K!!! That's awesome! And you did it!!!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #132
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat in GA View Post
Kudos to you!! I have a bunch of friends that have done the couch to 5K successfully - and I have another friend working on the couch to 10K - and yet another friend who did her first triathlon over the weekend - she has done the Princess run at Disney, too. Is that something you might be working towards??
It really is addicting. I still don't love running, it's kinda boring, but the feeling at the end is great. The Princess would be a dream, not sure I could ever convince DH that my going alone or with friends would be a good idea...he's a CPA so going in February is out of the question and he and the boys would cry if I went without them. I'd love to though, but still thinking 13 miles is a bit much for me. Marathon weekend in January is what I'd shoot for and DH and I could go alone he could run the half and I could just do the 5k, we might have to not tell the kids though. It's just before tax season kicks into high gear so might be doable. So far he hasn't gone for it.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #133
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

To DO List

Trying to think of all the things I need to get done before the trip. I have plenty of time, but the way the weeks are flying by, it'll seriously be here before we know it. School is almost out and then we'll be back and forth upstate to the lake all of July and we have some early August things planned All of which cut into my DIS time since I have no internet up at the lake. Oh the horror.

Mousekeeping envelopes
Buy park tickets from UT DONE (this morning, before prices go up tomorrow)
Epcot Passports DONE
Photopass Pre-order
Tweak ADRS
Park bag (can't decide on what to bring to parks!)
Jibbitz for kids Crocs DONE ordered online, cheaper than getting them there)
Try for CR upgrade to Tower again
Alien Green Mickey Heads from Home Depot DONE
Book Happy Limousine transfers
Order Disney Visa Redemption card
Underwater Camera? DONE
Online checkin hotel
Checkin for Flight (24 hours before)

I'm sure there are a million more things, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Last edited by beebeeryan; 06-22-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #134
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

I was reading this TR last night of a group of women who met her on the DIS who are on their third annual trip together. How fun! So, naturally, I am all about everyone getting on board You need to start prepping your family about possible girls only or just you and your husband trip! My girls can't believe I am going without them in August - but with our APs, they'll have plenty of chances to go. What they are currently angling for is for me to take them individually. I actually think that might be a great idea...we'll see if that all pans out!

Love your to do list - especially things that are marked as Done! Glad you got your tickets before the price went up. I got Pixie Mama her tickets last night, too - we were on the phone at 11pm getting her all set up And then we were trying to figure out all the ways for me to spend my commission
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Kat in GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:07 AM   #135
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat in GA View Post
I was reading this TR last night of a group of women who met her on the DIS who are on their third annual trip together. How fun! So, naturally, I am all about everyone getting on board You need to start prepping your family about possible girls only or just you and your husband trip! My girls can't believe I am going without them in August - but with our APs, they'll have plenty of chances to go. What they are currently angling for is for me to take them individually. I actually think that might be a great idea...we'll see if that all pans out!

Love your to do list - especially things that are marked as Done! Glad you got your tickets before the price went up. I got Pixie Mama her tickets last night, too - we were on the phone at 11pm getting her all set up And then we were trying to figure out all the ways for me to spend my commission
If we were closer, it wasn't so expensive and we had AP's I think it'd be easier to justify it. LOL I do think it will happen, if I keep up with the running especially, it's my excuse, I've already starting planting the "I want to run at Disney" seed and I'm nowhere near ready to do it.

It's funny, I met a few of my best friends on a baby board, we all had kids born the same month back in 2003. I've still never met them "in real life" as we say, but the 5 of us "talk" everyday via an ongoing email that we start every morning and it just bounces back and forth all day long. It's crazy, but great! I know these girls better than anyone and I've never met them. Some of them have met up a few times, I just lived the furthest away since we're scattered all over the country. Someday. I think I've finally convinced my DH after 8 years that they are in fact women who have kids the same ages as ours and not dirty old internet stalker men. DH is not much of an internet or technology fan.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: