Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #31
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Festival of the Lion King is probably my favorite Disney show! It is absolutely amazing! My kids don't sit through shows well but this one is so action packed it holds their attention. I vote for you to add it to you list!
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #32
jc040404
DIS Veteran

LOVE the video! I watched the castle show twice. How amazing that he's a part of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
Are there snakes? I hate snakes.
Yeah, there's one that I noticed. It's in the same place as the bats, but in a cage/aquarium/whatever it is snakes go in. You may not even notice it.

I'm pretty sure the Dino trail is just a path with a few along it. It's not all that interesting, but would only take a minute or two to walk through if you want to check it out.

I'd vote for doing FOTLK! There's so much to watch in that one. We usually skip this one for Nemo, but it's a lot of fun and more active. I'm a little shocked my boys don't prefer this one really.
jc040404 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #33
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

I am thinking that we need a massive DIS meets in August

How very cool that your son is part of the show - but I can see the struggle with your older one. Do you think your boys will stay up to see the show?

As for the FOTLK - it's fabulous! I think your boys will enjoy it more than any other show.
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Kat in GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #34
BerrysGirl
Waiting for the Lights

I personally love Finding Nemo but it is the most "Broadway-ish" of the AK shows so I understand if that's not your thing. However, Flights of Wonder and Festival of the Lion King are different. As DisMomAmy said, Festival of the Lion King is so action-packed it's an entirely different experience.
And Flights of Wonder can't be missed either, especially if your DS loves birds. It's amazing what they train those birds to do!

And yes, there is one snake on the Jungle Trek. It's in an aquarium inside the house you enter to see the bats. Looking at the bats, it's on the far right-hand side of the room. If you stand on the left side, and don't leave out of the door on that side you'd never know it's there.

(87) Offsite (91) Disney Inn (95) Port Orleans (99) Dixie Landings (02) Contemporary (05) Wilderness Lodge (08) Boardwalk (09) All Star Movies (10) Dolphin (11) Bay Lake Towers (11) Caribbean Beach (11) Coronado Springs (11) Boardwalk Villas
BerrysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #35
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Festival of the Lion King is probably my favorite Disney show! It is absolutely amazing! My kids don't sit through shows well but this one is so action packed it holds their attention. I vote for you to add it to you list!
Good to hear about the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
LOVE the video! I watched the castle show twice. How amazing that he's a part of it!

Yeah, there's one that I noticed. It's in the same place as the bats, but in a cage/aquarium/whatever it is snakes go in. You may not even notice it.

I'm pretty sure the Dino trail is just a path with a few along it. It's not all that interesting, but would only take a minute or two to walk through if you want to check it out.

I'd vote for doing FOTLK! There's so much to watch in that one. We usually skip this one for Nemo, but it's a lot of fun and more active. I'm a little shocked my boys don't prefer this one really.
Another vote for FOTLK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat in GA View Post
I am thinking that we need a massive DIS meets in August

How very cool that your son is part of the show - but I can see the struggle with your older one. Do you think your boys will stay up to see the show?

As for the FOTLK - it's fabulous! I think your boys will enjoy it more than any other show.
And another one. Oh staying up for Memories and Wishes is no problem, it's anything past 10pm that is not gonna happen. At least, not without cranky pants the next day. They did fine with Wishes and MSEP at 9pm last summer. That was a big part of staying at CR this time, being able to do a few more of those later nights, late being 9:30ish for bedtime because we'll be so close to get back quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrysGirl View Post
I personally love Finding Nemo but it is the most "Broadway-ish" of the AK shows so I understand if that's not your thing. However, Flights of Wonder and Festival of the Lion King are different. As DisMomAmy said, Festival of the Lion King is so action-packed it's an entirely different experience.
And Flights of Wonder can't be missed either, especially if your DS loves birds. It's amazing what they train those birds to do!

And yes, there is one snake on the Jungle Trek. It's in an aquarium inside the house you enter to see the bats. Looking at the bats, it's on the far right-hand side of the room. If you stand on the left side, and don't leave out of the door on that side you'd never know it's there.
I love Broadway style shows, DH and the kids, not so much. I saw Wicked last year and LOVED it and saw Phantom years ago and loved it. Thanks for the info on the Jungle Trek, STAY LEFT at the Bats, check. Isn't that also the advise for double queue on rides...always go left the line is shorter? LOL

Okay I'll be looking at the times for FOTLK and seeing how we can fit it in, I'm thinking afternoon before leaving as we'll be on the other side of the park in the AM to do the Safari and EE early. Taking advantage of AM EMH.

beebeeryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #36
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

I have no idea what Cretaceous Trail is, so I'm no help on that one.

I didn't join the family last year when they went to see FofW... birds FREAK. ME. OUT. I was happy to let the others do this one! I grabbed a drink from the nearby tea cart and just walked around a bit, exploring.

You really should try to see FofTLK! It's so good, and fun, too!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #37
Vowelmommy
Mouseketeer

That is so cool he is on the Castle! I can not wait to hear more about your trip, your boys are cuties!
Old 05-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #38
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Festival Of The Lion King was amazing!!! I remember getting goosebumps during it and that isn't like me. I haven't been there since 2001 so it may be different, but I always hear how amazing it is.
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #39
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowelmommy View Post
That is so cool he is on the Castle! I can not wait to hear more about your trip, your boys are cuties!
and thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari-B View Post
Festival Of The Lion King was amazing!!! I remember getting goosebumps during it and that isn't like me. I haven't been there since 2001 so it may be different, but I always hear how amazing it is.
Goosebumps! Alright I am getting the distinct feeling I need to work this show in and I will.

Relaxing today, had a house full yesterday for my DS8's First Communion. Speaking of which, when I was counting up some of the money he got towards his College Fund I said do DH..."Hey let's take this and upgrade to MK view in the Tower." He was like, umm no, but let's upgrade anyways why not. I explained we were right on the half of last years hotel cost budgetwise and that would kinda break that. Told him how much more, which with the 40% pin I booked with isn't really that bad and he insisted we should do it. If he's still on board in a few days, I just may do it. Then the balcony worries are over AND we actually will have something to look at while sitting out there.

I'll be back tomorrow with How Did I Miss That MK.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #40
BerrysGirl
Waiting for the Lights

MK view is the best! You can see the water parade at night, and sometimes they shoot of fireworks after the park closes. We were there for a week and it probably happened four of those nights? No idea why but it certainly felt like a special treat they were doing just for us. It's so amazing!

(87) Offsite (91) Disney Inn (95) Port Orleans (99) Dixie Landings (02) Contemporary (05) Wilderness Lodge (08) Boardwalk (09) All Star Movies (10) Dolphin (11) Bay Lake Towers (11) Caribbean Beach (11) Coronado Springs (11) Boardwalk Villas
BerrysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #41
ospopo5
Mouseketeer

Great story and report. We will just miss you guys as we are there the week before and we leave on Friday! Have fun!
ospopo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #42
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrysGirl View Post
MK view is the best! You can see the water parade at night, and sometimes they shoot of fireworks after the park closes. We were there for a week and it probably happened four of those nights? No idea why but it certainly felt like a special treat they were doing just for us. It's so amazing!
It would be nice and since I doubt will ever stay here again we really should just go for it. Somehow I can always come up with a reason to upgrade. It's not hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospopo5 View Post
Great story and report. We will just miss you guys as we are there the week before and we leave on Friday! Have fun!
Yeah we're arriving Friday. Have a great time too!!!

Old 05-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #43
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

How DID We Miss That MK

Round 2 of How DID We Miss That takes us to the Magic Kingdom.

What did we miss here last summer, not much I don't think, but then again...

Mickey's Philharmagic - I wasn't sure what exactly this was, think it was more little kiddie and we didn't spend much time in Fantasyland so we skipped this, but I've since heard some things about it on the boards here and think we have to see it.

IASW - Okay, it was closed for refurbs, but I will say DH was very happy it was closed. He's not a fan of the song and creepy dolls. But I do think it is a right of passage and you cannot NOT ride it if it's open so I'll be forcing the boys onto the friggin boat.

Many of Adventures of Pooh - Kids were never into Pooh although DS5 has a Pooh teddy bear. Probably skip this again.

Monster's Inc Laugh Floor
- We walked by a lot, but DH said if it's one of those things where they drag audience people into the show then forget it. I think we should do it. Kids didn't care. So we skipped it. Probably will skip it again.

Swiss Family Treehouse - Didn't bother to climb although I've done it as a child. I think we will take the time to do it this time. Because it's a cool treehouse, the boys would like it I think.

Steamboat thingy - Just never timed it right and never wanted to wait for it. We will try this time, it's a nice little relaxing spin around.

Hall of Presidents - Just didn't think the kids would be into this, still don't. Although it is a nice place to cool off.

Carousel of Progress - Didn't think the kids would be into it, but I remember I liked this as a child and it's a classic so I think I may be taking this one in this time. A nice place to sit and cool down too.

So I think the only one I really want to be sure to fit in is the Philharmagic show, but we should have plenty of time to fit in some of the others too.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #44
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

We have never done some of those same things - and we've been 5 times in the past 5 years!! I want to be sure to see the Laugh Floor this year (at the least, it'll be cool in all that summer heat and humidity) - and the same goes for the Hall of Presidents. I think my girls MIGHT be old enough to appreciate that one now. Another we've never done is Country Bears. Not sure that it will ever be on my agenda though :-)

Now, the Carousel of Progress is a favorite for my youngest. She likes to sing along
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Kat in GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #45
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Definitely see Mickey's Philharmagic! It's one of our favorite attractions in all of MK.

Monster's Inc is great, too! We did this one for the 1st time last year. They don't pull you on stage, but you may get shown on the big screen.

CofP and HofPres are great places to cool off. CofP, I remember liking as a kid. HofPres surprised me as to how much my DDs enjoyed it.
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: