Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #16
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Jumping in to follow along! I've always loved your siggy collage picture, so your posts stick out to me.

How awesome for your little guy to be on the castle! Do you have a link to the video? I'd LOVE to see it! I can see how this would inspired becoming a "THOSE" people.

As far as the new restaurants go.. Think Olive Garden when it comes to Tony's. They're really about the same, but Tony's is adorable inside. We've been there a few times and would go back if we felt like TS in MK. Sci-Fi is one of our absolute favorite places though. The food isn't amazing, but the atmosphere definitely makes it worth going!

LOVE your pictures! Your plans sound awesome so far. I can't wait to read about this trip!
jc040404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #17
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

The Trip Inspriation

So the inspiration for this trip was the Memories show and DS5 being a part of it. I know it can change at any time, but keeping my fingers crossed the video isn't changed before August. We'll still have an amazing trip regardless I know.

This is the original video I took on Dumbo, the clip that made it into the show, although they only took a second of it. The whole clip is barely 6 seconds long. Gonna try and insert the video right into the post, I've seen people do that, but who knows if it will work so the link to it on Youtube is here incase.

(and I can't get it to show up where you can view it right in the post although I've seen it done. Oh well)

And this is the link to the full The Magic The Memories and You show at MK. DS can be seen for 1 second right at the end, right before the video screen goes dark and Walt comes out on the castle to say "Welcome to this Happy Place!" On this video from Undercover Tourist it's at minute 10:12

beebeeryan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #18
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
Jumping in to follow along! I've always loved your siggy collage picture, so your posts stick out to me.

How awesome for your little guy to be on the castle! Do you have a link to the video? I'd LOVE to see it! I can see how this would inspired becoming a "THOSE" people.

As far as the new restaurants go.. Think Olive Garden when it comes to Tony's. They're really about the same, but Tony's is adorable inside. We've been there a few times and would go back if we felt like TS in MK. Sci-Fi is one of our absolute favorite places though. The food isn't amazing, but the atmosphere definitely makes it worth going!

LOVE your pictures! Your plans sound awesome so far. I can't wait to read about this trip!
Thanks for the siggy comment and

I put the links up

Oh no about Tony's. Never been to Olive Garden...my parents are both Italian, like I mean born and raised in Italy, Italian. So Olive Garden is just, well, my mother would kill me if I ever ate there. It's not real Italian food. Oh well, we'll survive. Honestly, I don't find the food at Disney anything to write home about, it's not why you go to Disney. Maybe the signature restaurants which we haven't tried yet, but you can find really good restaurants anywhere. At Disney, it's all about the atmosphere right? I'm really looking forward to SciFi though, milkshakes YUM and I hear good things about the onion rings!

Old 05-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #19
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

I just watched the video (again) and saw your DS! That is soooo cool!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #20
BerrysGirl
Waiting for the Lights

All caught up and joining in! That is too exciting about your DS. I even remember that smiling face from the commercials. It's so infectious! You'll be happy to hear that when I was at MK in March I distinctly remember seeing your son's face on the castle (once more the smile, how can you forget it?!?). Here's hoping they don't change the show! Just an fyi though, if the show is changed they may keep his picture, but some of the images are so small and fly by so fast it's impossible to tell what they are. But, that means we can pretend he's still there and could be entirely correct

(87) Offsite (91) Disney Inn (95) Port Orleans (99) Dixie Landings (02) Contemporary (05) Wilderness Lodge (08) Boardwalk (09) All Star Movies (10) Dolphin (11) Bay Lake Towers (11) Caribbean Beach (11) Coronado Springs (11) Boardwalk Villas
BerrysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #21
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Joining in

We'll be there around the same time and have MK scheduled for the same day!

Happy planning

August 2010 - POR °O° August 2011 - CBR °O° February 2012 - Pop °O° August 2012 - BC °O° August 2013 - POFQ °O° August 2014 - POFQ
donnaf516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #22
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Wow - that's great!! I saw the castle show in January just before Wishes but we were over on the side near the rose garden. It's amazing to see from the front. How cool will it be to see your DS on the castle in person!! Wow!!

I wish I could find a video from the day in January that we had a ton of photopass pictures taken. I was with a group of 7 women and we had a great photo shoot with a great photographer. I'm sure one of our pictures made it on the castle. They handed us a card saying some of our pictures could be in the show that night. Unfortunately we weren't there that night.

We saw the show going on again in March but they did it way before Wishes this time - like an hour or more before. We were entering the park & trying to make our way up Main Street while it was showing. I can't remember if it was the night we were there to see Wishes or the night we were there to see the parade. I think it was our Wishes night.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #23
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I don't think I've commented on your PTR before, but I just wanted to say that I think it is awesome that your little boy is in the video! That is so cool!

Also, yay for August trips! It is going to be here before we know it!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #24
mpetti
DIS Veteran

Red face

Count me in....what a face, you son is such a cutie. I hope it's still playing in August. We are going Aug 1 -8 and I want to see it in person. Thanks for sharing it with us. Enjoy!!

Maryann
Old 05-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #25
Christine9125
DIS Veteran

Came over from my PTR, the video is awesome, you are so lucky to be able to go and see it on the castle. I can't even imagine how you feel.

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Christine9125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #26
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrysGirl View Post
All caught up and joining in! That is too exciting about your DS. I even remember that smiling face from the commercials. It's so infectious! You'll be happy to hear that when I was at MK in March I distinctly remember seeing your son's face on the castle (once more the smile, how can you forget it?!?). Here's hoping they don't change the show! Just an fyi though, if the show is changed they may keep his picture, but some of the images are so small and fly by so fast it's impossible to tell what they are. But, that means we can pretend he's still there and could be entirely correct

OH wow, love hearing you remember the face. He does have a great smile! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaf516 View Post
Joining in

We'll be there around the same time and have MK scheduled for the same day!

Happy planning

YAY, I think it's a great time to go, maybe we'll see each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Wow - that's great!! I saw the castle show in January just before Wishes but we were over on the side near the rose garden. It's amazing to see from the front. How cool will it be to see your DS on the castle in person!! Wow!!

I wish I could find a video from the day in January that we had a ton of photopass pictures taken. I was with a group of 7 women and we had a great photo shoot with a great photographer. I'm sure one of our pictures made it on the castle. They handed us a card saying some of our pictures could be in the show that night. Unfortunately we weren't there that night.

We saw the show going on again in March but they did it way before Wishes this time - like an hour or more before. We were entering the park & trying to make our way up Main Street while it was showing. I can't remember if it was the night we were there to see Wishes or the night we were there to see the parade. I think it was our Wishes night.
Ouhh, bet a photoshoot photo did make it up, I've heard that they hand out cards telling people the photo might make it in so they can opt out if they want. Too bad you didn't get to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I don't think I've commented on your PTR before, but I just wanted to say that I think it is awesome that your little boy is in the video! That is so cool!

Also, yay for August trips! It is going to be here before we know it!

Thanks! YAY for August is right. It seemed so far away, but it does seem to be moving faster now.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #27
melmar136
DIS Veteran

following you over from my PTR. That is SOOOO cool with DS on the castle!!!! And to be able to see it in person...gives me the goosebumps just thinking of how exciting that will be!
My DD and I have watched the whole show twice, before now, and will have to check it out again tonite! She's been sending the link to her friends at school too.
melmar136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #28
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine9125 View Post
Came over from my PTR, the video is awesome, you are so lucky to be able to go and see it on the castle. I can't even imagine how you feel.
and thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetti View Post
Count me in....what a face, you son is such a cutie. I hope it's still playing in August. We are going Aug 1 -8 and I want to see it in person. Thanks for sharing it with us. Enjoy!!

Maryann
Thanks you and for August!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
following you over from my PTR. That is SOOOO cool with DS on the castle!!!! And to be able to see it in person...gives me the goosebumps just thinking of how exciting that will be!
My DD and I have watched the whole show twice, before now, and will have to check it out again tonite! She's been sending the link to her friends at school too.
Oh I know, I cannot wait! And I keep watching it over and over again. The kids are already sick of it, "you're watching that AGAIN mom!" LOL

Old 05-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #29
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
I hear good and bad about Tony's. My kids are spaghetti and meatballs fanatics, making it right now actually and I love Lady and the Tramp so thought we'd give it a try. I thought The Plaza was so so last year. There really aren't a lot of choices at MK for TS. Good to hear about LMA...I have heard it's not great on these boards a lot, but boys and cars and fire, what's not to love???

My DDs and I love Lady and the Tramp, too. The girls loved the L&T fountain that's in the middle of the dining area, and were tickled when our waiter told them L&T were having their lunch "out back" (like the do in the movie)... he took their autograph books to the back to get L&T's "signatures".
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #30
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

How did I not see that: AK

Now I know you can't possibly see everything on a trip and since we've only been once as a family and it's been many year since we've been before the kids, I knew we'd miss things. But a few things I apparently knew nothing about, kinda surprised me.

So this trip I have some MUST DO's just because we missed them last year...focusing on Animal Kingdom for starters.

Flights of Wonder
DS8 is totally into birds right now. Drawing them and bringing books home from the library so I really want to see this. Had no idea it existed, wasn't even on my radar last summer.

Maharajah Jungle Trek

Tigers, Bats, Kimodo Dragons...Oh my! Yeah, the boys will love that. Now, I did know about this sort of, I just didn't know what animals it had and thought it was similar to the Pangani Trail which we did do. I remember seeing the sign, but we were heading to EE and I thought nothing of it. Oops. Are there snakes? I hate snakes.

Some other things we missed, although I don't think they are MUST DO's unless someone tells me they are.

Cretaceous Trail...the boys like Dinos but unless it's Jurassic Park and they are actually real, we can skip this, right? Maybe we saw it, is it just the Dinos you see while heading into the Dinosaur queue or is there more?

The Boneyard... I had thought about this for my little one while the older one did a ride with Daddy, but honestly, I didn't even see it. Was I completely oblivious or is it not in plain sight? Instead we rode Triceratops Spin twice.

Festival of the Lion King...Okay, I didn't not know about this, we just can only handle 1 "sit down for 30 minutes" kinda show and as we were walking by Nemo it was heading in so we did that one. It was good, but I wouldn't do it again, it's not really our thing, but it was nice and cool in there. Nice break. So I'm undecided about really trying to fit it in since the Flights of Wonder will be a 30 minute show. I don't want to spend all day at AK since we're heading to Epcot for dinner I want to be sure to have some down time at the hotel, even it's only an hour.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: