Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #31
Cruz Family
DIS Veteran

Oh man!!! We won't get back from Disneyland until the 3rd.

Cruz Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #32
Bornteach

We are SO there!

Bornteach is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #33
sceavis
Mouseketeer

I will be there plus going to try and bring a couple of friends. I am also working on an idea for a DIS/GKTW event in the fall looking into a Lowell spinners game.Far as an idea for a place to eat in Fitchburg they just opened up a Buffalo Wild wings in the area.
sceavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #34
figment3258
DIS Veteran

Sounds great to eat together after once you know the date I will tell all my home school friends it's a great way to see a movie while helping a wonderful charity!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #35
vermontgirl
Mouseketeer

Count 4 Leavitt's from Vermont to be there!

vermontgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #36
miss missy
Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives Lane?
Will not be playing any reindeer games!
I was so freakin freaked out!

I haven't been around but my DD told me about this :-) we are south of Boston so count us in!!!! I will read more later but this is gonna rock!
Old 05-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #37
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

I guess the cat's really out of the bag, with it being mentioned not once, or twice, but three times on the podcast(s) this week
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #38
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Count on Val & i to be there!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #39
hockeymomNS
Has an in with immigration
There will be no discussion of the mud!

As soon as it is confirmed, I am going to try to get flights for DH and I. Our youngest son graduates high school June 29, so that will be a verrrrry late night in our house. I suppose if we slept til July 1st, we could drive straight through, but would rather fly.......I'll be watching for details.
hockeymomNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #40
figment3258
DIS Veteran

I was at our local Disney store where I used to work at and told them today about this. I told them I would call with a final date so looking forward to this.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #41
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

I have put this as the first post but here is the info:

Hi Everyone,
I am pleased to announce the finalized details of the New England Cars 2 meet to benefit The Power of 10 and Give Kids the World. The meet will take place on Saturday, July 2nd at 10 AM at Cinema World in Fitchburg, MA. Doors will open at 9:15 and the movie will start at 10. I am still working to get 3D.

Fitchburg is located 1 hour west of Boston, 1 hour North of Providence, RI and 1 hour south of Manchester, NH for those of you flying in. There are a Sheraton 4 Points and a Courtyard by Marriott (with a Coco Key Water resort) close by for anyone needing hotel rooms but I would recommend staying closer to Boston if you are coming in for the weekend.

The Movie theatre holds 215 people so that will be the maximum number of people for the movie. Cost is a $10 donation and the ticket price will all go to Give Kids the World.

We are still working on a place to go after the show. A few of us are thinking a cook out type event at a local hall or park. This will allow for more socializing and we are planning some raffles and auctions. If you have any connections to business that may be willing to donate money to offset the costs or items for our raffle please PM me. There will be a small charge for the BBQ and as soon as I have that I will let you know.

As Pete & Walter have not been to New England in years I am really counting on the New England fans to show them a good time!!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #42
Bosgirl
Earning My Ears

My Mom and I will be there!!! Looking forward to meeting you guys!
Bosgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #43
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

Sounds great!! Do you want to have some kind of sign up sheet so you know about how many people will be coming? Or is it possible to sell the tickets ahead of time online so that people don't fly in or drive hours from out of town to get to a theater that is at capacity?
Old 05-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #44
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
Sounds great!! Do you want to have some kind of sign up sheet so you know about how many people will be coming? Or is it possible to sell the tickets ahead of time online so that people don't fly in or drive hours from out of town to get to a theater that is at capacity?
I have started a sign up sheet and will move it over to the boards in the next day or 2. I am also going to PM Everyone to confirm numbers. I am still trying to work the best way for ticket sales and to ensure things run smoothly!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #45
disney4dan
DIS Veteran

I would like to attend as well, we live about 20 miles west of Fitchburg and know the place well.

There are 5 in the family, I just need to speak with "the BOSS" because we are actually at the beach for that weekend. We could drive back for this event though and get to meet more DIS'ers.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: