Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #226
stinkerbell628
Earning My Ears

I know I won't technically be alone...but I may be a little shy...so if anyone sees a girl standing alone...come say hi to me And I know the fitchburg/leominster area very well (considering I've lived in fitchburg my whole life) so if anyone has any questions about the area please feel free to ask me!!

Oh and I forgot to give my name when I rsvp'd: it's Tina
Old 06-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #227
kafitty
yep, that almost sent snot flying out of my nose

wooo count me in!

It will be me (Kait) and a friend (Charlene...but we call her Boo, haha) for a total of 2! Put us down for the movie and the BBQ - I can't resist food, haha.

"I believe in naps."
kafitty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #228
MelissaFromRI
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow , shining at the end of everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerbell628 View Post
I know I won't technically be alone...but I may be a little shy...so if anyone sees a girl standing alone...come say hi to me And I know the fitchburg/leominster area very well (considering I've lived in fitchburg my whole life) so if anyone has any questions about the area please feel free to ask me!!

Oh and I forgot to give my name when I rsvp'd: it's Tina
I'm the same way !!!!
I get painfully shy in group situations

I'm already having major anxiety that I will be standing by myself in a corner & nobody will talk to me
Old 06-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #229
gojoe
DIS Veteran

We hope all are safe

We just wanted to express our hope that all are well and safe after yesterdays terrible storms.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #230
ninecrayons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaFromRI View Post
I'm the same way !!!!

I'm already having major anxiety that I will be standing by myself in a corner & nobody will talk to me
I'm totally the same way too! Everyone at my school thought I was "standoffish" for a while, but I'm actually just really shy.

I'm nervous about clamming up and getting antisocial, but I think I'm just going to try and dive in! Maybe we can look out for anybody standing in the corner and make sure that doesn't happen!

"and then the world, / which is round and has only / the colors of these nine crayons" - Margaret Atwood

ninecrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #231
EDuke98080
Have a Magical Day!
Survived the 'Sweet Baby Jesus" drive

Location: Western MA home of the Big Y, the Big E and cider donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojoe View Post
We just wanted to express our hope that all are well and safe after yesterdays terrible storms.
Thank you for that. The devestation around us is unbelievable. We were lucky but many many around us lost so much. The folks in Western MA could use some extra PD!

Treehouse Villas, Dec 11/Jan 12, Treehouse Villas Dec 10/Jan 11, SSR Dec 09/Jan 10, SSR Dec 08/Jan 09, Wonder 3 Night Jan 08, SSR Dec 07/Jan 08, Grand Californian June 2007, SSR March 2007, Omni Dec 06/Jan 07, SSR March 2005, Beach Club / 3 Night Cruise March 2004, Hilton Head Island Easter 2003, Boardwalk Villas March 2002, Boardwalk Villas March 2001

DVC Member 2000
EDuke98080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:02 AM   #232
MelissaFromRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDuke98080 View Post
Thank you for that. The devestation around us is unbelievable. We were lucky but many many around us lost so much. The folks in Western MA could use some extra PD!
Prayers and pixie dust for the people of Western Mass
Old 06-03-2011, 03:03 AM   #233
MelissaFromRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninecrayons View Post
I'm totally the same way too! Everyone at my school thought I was "standoffish" for a while, but I'm actually just really shy.

I'm nervous about clamming up and getting antisocial, but I think I'm just going to try and dive in! Maybe we can look out for anybody standing in the corner and make sure that doesn't happen!
Sounds like a plan
Old 06-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #234
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaFromRI View Post
I'm the same way !!!!

If I see people standing in the corner I will come over and talk with you. I can't wait to meet everyone at this benefit.

I have my hotels booked, my car rental and my flights booked. It can't come soon enough for me.

I will be showing my daughter where I used to live in MA. I can't wait!!!

If I didn't mention it we will be coming to the BBQ also.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #235
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
If I see people standing in the corner I will come over and talk with you. I can't wait to meet everyone at this benefit.
Great approach Kathy. I think that all of us should make the effort to spot people trying to be wallflowers and drag them (kicking and screaming?) into the conversation.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #236
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

If I see you standing in a corner I will put you to work.. Don't you worry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninecrayons View Post

Old 06-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #237
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

I consider myself a shy person but put me in a room full of people that enjoy Disney and I am not shy. It's so nice to meet the people in person that you talk with on the DIS.

I had the pleasure of meeting several people tonight at Epcot. I consider you a friend that I haven't met yet.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #238
lyncecelia
DIS Veteran

I'm kinda shy too...so I might be either on my own, or just trying to involve myself with Tim's kids so that I don't look too awkward lol. So if you see someone hanging on to 3-4 kids (since one wanders) while her DBF is mesmerized by the appearance of Pete and Walter, most likely that is me .

Side note: Those tornados were insane! My whole school was stuck in the basement (300 people!). Let's just say I don't do well with basements!

Me (26)DH (34) *DH's Kids*:DSS13DSD12DSD11 DSS7
Met on the DIS, and going strong
May 10th 2010-First date at Kona...October 2011-first trip together...April 21st-29th 2012-first trip with the kids...October 3rd-6th 2012-adults only trip...January 9th-13th 2014-planning session and birthday trip for DSS1...February 2014-Valentine's Day Getaway...May 16th-24th 2014-wedding trip (WP/LSS/Sago Cay), honeymoon, and birthday trip for DSS2...December 4th-7th 2014-birthday trip for DSD2...March 14th-16th 2015-birthday trip for DSD1

Hear me on: ...On a mission to become a healthier me! I have lost:
lyncecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #239
ninecrayons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I consider myself a shy person but put me in a room full of people that enjoy Disney and I am not shy. It's so nice to meet the people in person that you talk with on the DIS.
I feel very much the same way - I'm generally shy in big groups, but once I find some common thread I'm good to go!

Of course eating in front of group is a whole other issue. Today I was eating lunch at a meeting in the principal's office and my knife slipped, sending lentils everywhere - including in my bra.

"and then the world, / which is round and has only / the colors of these nine crayons" - Margaret Atwood

ninecrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #240
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

I had the pleasure of meeting several people tonight at Epcot. I consider you a friend that I haven't met yet.
Can't wait to see you again Kathy. And yep, I'll be over in the corner with the other shy folk. Just not at my best in a large group that I don't know. It's one thing to 'know' people online, it's an entirely different thing to actually go up to them and talk to them in person....
I'm not entirely sure if my dh and dd are still going to be with me...so I could very well be on my own...even worse situation!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: