Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2011, 07:37 AM   #166
BilltM
Dizfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDuke98080 View Post
Yup! We work in Ludlow and live not too far away. Out and around Springfield area all the time.
The Student Prince & Fort restaurant in Springfield. Red Rose pizza too.

BILL
BilltM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #167
CinderellasSister
DIS Veteran

BilltM: I see you are in Shrewsbury. We'll be staying there that weekend with my Aunt and Uncle. I never even heard of that town till they moved there! Small world!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #168
disney4dan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
I will be enjoying the Pioneer Valley for a few days before the event. Yankee Candle here I come. I also want to check out Kringle candles.
I love the whole Pioneer Valley area as well. Check out the state park at Mt Sugarloaf just a short drive away
Old 05-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #169
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

I have enjoyed it on previous trips. It's a beautiful area.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #170
amoggio816
Having a blast!

Quote:
I will be enjoying the Pioneer Valley for a few days before the event. Yankee Candle here I come. I also want to check out Kringle candles.
I wont lie i am strictly a Yankee Candle fan. (i also worked there 5 years in many different areas lol) I will tell you, though the kringle candles smell wonderful and look beautiful... about half way down they loose their scent and dont look as pretty. I have friends that went up and have all had the same problem. To each their own, obviously im not going to tell you not to buy them. Just want to give you the heads up because although they seem cheaper, you can print out the coupons for yankee, and fyi at the store as long as you have the amt, you can use up to 3 coupons!! No other promotions may work. So for example, if you buy 3 regular priced candles for 74.97, get a chapstick or a votive to bring it over 75 (before tax) and you can use 3 sets of 10 off 25. Bringing your total to the same price for 2. (Works on any items)

Amy James Victoria

Feb 25-Dec 10.
amoggio816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #171
amoggio816
Having a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDuke98080 View Post
Yup! We work in Ludlow and live not too far away. Out and around Springfield area all the time.
Awesome! We're not to far from Northampton or Springfield, about 20-30 minutes to both.

Amy James Victoria

Feb 25-Dec 10.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:53 PM   #172
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoggio816 View Post
I wont lie i am strictly a Yankee Candle fan. (i also worked there 5 years in many different areas lol) I will tell you, though the kringle candles smell wonderful and look beautiful... about half way down they loose their scent and dont look as pretty. I have friends that went up and have all had the same problem. To each their own, obviously im not going to tell you not to buy them. Just want to give you the heads up because although they seem cheaper, you can print out the coupons for yankee, and fyi at the store as long as you have the amt, you can use up to 3 coupons!! No other promotions may work. So for example, if you buy 3 regular priced candles for 74.97, get a chapstick or a votive to bring it over 75 (before tax) and you can use 3 sets of 10 off 25. Bringing your total to the same price for 2. (Works on any items)
Thank you for the info about Kringle. I love, love, love Yankee Candle. We may not go to Kringle now. We love hanging at the Factory store and having lunch at Chandlers.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #173
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

I've always wanted to visit Yankee Candle. It's the only candles I'll purchase. I also love their tarts. I feel that their scent is actually stronger and find it fills several rooms of my house at once.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #174
BilltM
Dizfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoggio816 View Post
Awesome! We're not to far from Northampton or Springfield, about 20-30 minutes to both.
Joe's Cafe on Market Street!!

BILL
Old 05-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #175
BilltM
Dizfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderellasSister View Post
BilltM: I see you are in Shrewsbury. We'll be staying there that weekend with my Aunt and Uncle. I never even heard of that town till they moved there! Small world!
It's about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to were Cars 2 will be shown. I live near the center of town ... so it's nice when I take the walk.

BILL
Old 05-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #176
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

You know we can make that happen right ?!?

Kitties are fine for a day or two without you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
I've always wanted to visit Yankee Candle. It's the only candles I'll purchase. I also love their tarts. I feel that their scent is actually stronger and find it fills several rooms of my house at once.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:49 AM   #177
linnell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the info about Kringle. I love, love, love Yankee Candle. We may not go to Kringle now. We love hanging at the Factory store and having lunch at Chandlers.
My DH and I met while students at Umass and one of our first dates was at Chandlers

We went to Yankee Candle last year for the first time in about 10 years and was shocked about how big it has gotten. The place is HUGE now!

linnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #178
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Hi Everyone:

Here is some BBQ Info:

There will be a BBQ, Silent Auction and Raffle from noon - 4:00 at the Eagles Club in Leominster. The Eagles is about 15 min from the theater and has fields and a hall so we are good Rain or Shine. Tickets for the BBQ will also be $10. As of now most of the food is being donated and we are getting monetary donations to offset the cost of the hall and any other expenses we have.
So far we have Patriots Tickets, Tom Hanks Autographed Merchandise, a Cars 2 Poster signed by the Podcast team and we are working on donations from Best Buy, Story Land and many others for the Auction & Raffles. If you have any leads please let me know and I will forward you the donation request letter.

Please take a moment to confirm is you will be coming to the BBQ in addition to the movie so we have a good idea of head count. The hall holds 300 so we have plenty of room to grow!!
Old 05-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #179
amoggio816
Having a blast!

Nikkibell, definitely check out their new items quicksense. They are absolutely amazing! If you want the place to smell nice immediately they are perfect. (Definitely helps with the stinky diapers let me tell ya!) Theyre also wicked cheap and theyre inbetween a tealight and votive size wise, but smell wise, stronger than the big jar candles, and last about 4 hours. Thats also why theyre cheaper, but if you have the 10 off 25$ coupon you can get 2 starter kits and 2 refill packs for 27.96 plus tax, with the 10 off, you can get them for about $18. each starter kit comes with 2 candles.

Amy James Victoria

Feb 25-Dec 10.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #180
amoggio816
Having a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilltM View Post
Joe's Cafe on Market Street!!
thats james dad favorite pizza joint! lol

Amy James Victoria

Feb 25-Dec 10.