Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
kwdw
DIS Veteran

Boma dinner, HDDR, Le Cellier, and Brown Derby reviews

Just got back from a week - and here's a few dining reviews!

Boma for dinner: The food is really good. You only need to be a tad adventurous to eat here and find things you will like. It's hard to try everything! I was glad I asked for some roast beef "more done" than the carver was serving because he did have some closer to medium well vs. the medium rare most folks wanted. You need to go here on an empty stomach! Our server was good, but the LONG lines for the meat station was disappointing. When I am paying that much for a buffet, I don't expect to wait in line 10-15 minutes for one of the stations. Loved the food, but the wait for the meat station might keep me from going back. With it's dark lighting, it'd be nice if they could find a way to make the place quieter - make it feel more special. The food is special/great, but the atmosphere is not. It feels like just another Disney buffet.

Hoop-Dee-Doo Review: Show was entertaining and we are glad we went. Food was PLENTIFUL. It was just the two of us and we were served more than we could eat and she still asked us if we wanted more of anything. Food was just "good" though. I enjoyed my sangria - just like the rest they serve on property. But the food itself was not memorable. The thing I was most disappointed was that the "cast photo" I bought with the photo of us they took before the show was not the folks that performed that night. And since we bought the package before the show, we didn't know that. It was surprisingly good photo of us - so I am still glad I made the purchase. This is really a good event for the whole family. With really little ones (3 or less) - I might suggest the early show as most of the little ones were sound asleep by the time we left the 7:15 show (around 9ish). We liked the whole experience. A fun evening.

Le Cellier: Okay - so the filet lived up to it's reputation - it was AWESOME. The risotto was a bit sticky - a foodie would have criticized it alot - but I thought it tasted good - tad salty. My boyfriend does not eat beef did not really like his salmon dish. Odd combo of flavors. Edible, but he didn't love it. Pretzel bread was hot and yummy. Honestly, though, I expected better service. Our water glasses did not get refilled, the person who delivered the cheese plate didn't know what the cheeses were (she did get us help), and the waiter knew nothing about the wines and didn't offer to get assistance. I expected more for the price. And this was dinner service. They need to take out a few tables and hire better staff for this location if they want it to be a signature restaurant. Too cramped, too noisy, and poorly trained servers for the cost of the meal. I might go back here with another beef lover, but I probably won't drag the boyfriend again or take my vegetarian best friend.

Brown Derby: Based on reviews, I was expecting less - and got more - that's always nice! Pork Chop was outstanding. A memorable meal. Rolls were hot and fresh. Water refilled regularly. And when our server noticed we didn't like the grapefruit cake, she brought us out a scoop of chocolate mousse. The house cobb salad was great and LARGE. Only problem here - it was taking FOREVER for food to come out of the kitchen. It was not just our section/server - everyone in the restaurant was waiting a long time for each course - too long. I have no idea what was going on in the kitchen that day - but it was not good. It was WAY too spread out and we are usually the ones to complain that things come out too fast. Took over two hours for the meal and none of that was because we were extra slow. Now - it was raining outside part of the time - so we weren't too unhappy about that - but had it been a beautiful day - we might have been angry. I'd go back for the pork chop again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: